As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2013 is SO last year

Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road]Registered User regular
Well not quite yet, unless you live somewhere where it is, but then you should have made this thread yourself already.

What are you doing (did you do) to ring in the new year? Where will you be (were you) at midnight?

I'm going to a house party. And as of yesterday I have a stinking head cold, and hardly slept last night. So this is going to be hard work and probably result in me infecting all my friends. Also the last party I went to at this guy's house he had a smoke machine and if that happens again I expect I will die of asphyxiation. Happy New year!

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    I'm gonna eat some donuts!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I'm in bed because I have to get up at 5 for work tomorrow! Woo!

Can't believe it's 2014 already. Where the hell did the year go?! I could have sworn. It was March just yesterday

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    I'll be at work!

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Also fuck I want some donuts

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I would like some good donuts sadly I have not had any in years

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I always feel weird about a new year because look at this fancy new pretender number trying to mosey in on last year's territory.

• Options
    It was still awesome as it rolled over to 2001 they played Blue Danube on the speakers on the ship I was on
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqOOZux5sPE

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    I'm eating a big ol' tub of chocolate ice cream and watching Pulp Fiction

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Board game night for us. Beer for the wife and I, sparkling cider for the kid and niece. We bought a bunch of snacks and I'll be trying to build train routes better than my family. That's pretty much it. I'm pretty excited though - I love board games so it should be a ton of fun.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    eating a meal with friends, then going boozing with said friends

• Options
    Well it will be a night of X wing and a repeat of Xmas dinner for me

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    I'm trying to get my last bit of deer hunting in and then driving back to spend time with my lady and then hump like a couple of drunk monkeys

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I am trying to go drinking with friends.

I am probably going to end up drinking alone.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Eating a disgusting amount of food and setting off an obscene amount of fireworks with my huge fam in the Philippines! It's 9 pm here and the fireworks outside won't stop exploding! Woooo!

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I sat around at home, drank sparkling wine, ate doritos, chatted with my gf who's up the coast with her family, cuddled my dog, got all doll'd up, wore a new corset I bought, and Dredd was on TV

The best part was the second the clock struck midnight the mos appropriate quote from the movie came alone

"You ready?"
    "Yeah."
    "You look ready."

I think I'm ready for 2014, Judge.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    fireworks on the beach

and a gallon of captain morgan

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    This is the first year I'm not doing much of anything. Probably just play video games with my girlfriend, watch some bad tv, and drink alcohols.

We also ordered a tray of finger sandwiches for just she and I that doesn't have any of that bullshit roast beef.

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    2013 treated me much more kindly that 2012. Lets hope the pattern keeps up.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I was playing Mass Effect 2, my girlfriend was sitting next to me playing Link's Awakening

"Oh shit it's midnight"
    "oh, ha ha, happy new year I guess"
    "I'm going to brush my teeth"

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I'm on the Amtrak going in to D.C. Going to get my cooties all over Sassori and godmode's sofa.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I might go round the neighbours for a bit, but more likely is continuing my new ME1 adept playthrough with Jool's hootananny on in the background.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    ManishtushuManishtushu Registered User regular
    Already back home from a New Year's Party. Got completely drunk (I lost at a drinking game... if 'four kings' means anything to you, I got the fourth).

Sang Auld Lang Syne at midnight, which actually had quite the sentimental value - at the party was mostly friends from high school, some of which go back overs 20 years. A lot of them I hadn't seen in about 10 years.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I am going to a party where the initial event is Space Jam. If I am unable to find a lady that fancies me, I will not drink too much and go attend a different party with a bunch of lesbians

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Do you think you'll have a better chance with the lesbians?

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    What are y'all's resolutions?

I'm going to get a yellow belt in Krav Maga, lose 10 lbs, and move the fuck out. This is happening, damn it.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Board games at a friends' place accompanied by probably quite a bit of booze.

I'm sure everyone there got sick of Settlers of Catan ten years ago but I got it as a christmas present so they're just gonna have to suck it up and play anyway.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    Do you think you'll have a better chance with the lesbians?

good lord, no. they're trying to pimp me out to their roommate

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Also I was gonna make a 2014 thread when it got to 2014 and say nobody still in 2013 was allowed to post but with time zones that would have been after 21/24 of the world was already in 2014 and wouldn't have been as funny.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be hanging out with some nerds and playing some magic cards, so that'll be pretty fun

Otherwise no huge plans for new years, other than being very happy that 2013 is over

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    drinking too much

or possibly recovering from drinking too much, it depends on what is happening when

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Going to clean my house and then try to go to bed at like 10:30 to fix my sleep schedule. My wife is working and all my friends are out of town, so it's not like I have anything else to do.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    minirhyder wrote: »
    What are y'all's resolutions?

I'm going to get a yellow belt in Krav Maga, lose 10 lbs, and move the fuck out. This is happening, damn it.

Mine are to lose weight (I'm setting up our home exercise area Thursday), try to find a job I'm happier with, get a better running vehicle, and relax and drink more. I'm a fairly anxious person so I plan on working on art-ing more and having a beer more often (I have a drink probably once a month currently). Also, along with the weight thing, I want to work more on my personal wardrobe for work - this goes hand in hand with finding a better position/job. I want to start really dressing for the role I want.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    fireworks are banned so

eat some food....

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    My resolution is really find a better job no matter what!

• Options
    GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    I am passing out after work.

• Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    This year... could have been better.

We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I may be losing my voice or something, it takes some concentration/effort to speak even though it doesn't hurt terribly much. So I may end up dodging phone calls from friends and texting them back to explain, or just turning my phone off early in the evening.

Other than that sitting around my flat playing video games I guess!

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    My gf and I will be at a bonfire drinking copious amounts of booze. What better way to bring in the new year!?

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    I will be somewhere, probably drunk, possibly surrounded by people I do not know.

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Just couple minutes shy of the new year here! Everybody outside is tossing firecrackers, my eardrums are ringing.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!