As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [College Basketball] thread that thinks it knows better than Bilas (details in OP)

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    @WuShock

Any word on Anton Grady?

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    The latest is that he's awake, alert, and has feeling in his extremities.

Scary stuff but it could be worse.

It's a damn shame that Van Vleet and Baker's senior season is going down this way.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Just gonna continue to sit here and have no idea how we beat Kentucky tonight.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

fuck UK

• Options
    that's why

fuck UK

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »

Arizona State gets to worry about that next week :(

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    TALK TO ME AT TOURNEY TIME!

• Options
    A reporter got trampled and had his leg broken when fans stormed the court after Iowa St beat Iowa, so I'm guessing that's the last we'll see of that tradition.

Also, Jared Uthoff went for 30 in the dang first half and Iowa St came back from a 20 point deficit to win, so it was a pretty eventful night all around.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2015
    At the Badger game, first since... 98? 99? Around that time.

Down by 5 to marquette at the half, but a good game so far.

Edit: really good game, but Hayes had to try and be the hero and fell short. Oh well.

Veevee on
  • Options
    "It's just Texas A&M Corpus Christi" I says. "What could I possibly miss?" I says.

And that's how I missed going to Bo Ryan's last game.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I know, right?!

At least I got to see his last loss? That's... something, right?

• Options
    Something had felt very, very off the last two games. He barely coached the UW-M game at all; he called no time outs until the last 3 minutes and made no substitutions after the 16 minute mark in the 2nd half. And the team has been really bad out of timeouts and halftime all year. Either something is going on with him or there's a really weird locker room situation going on.

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    As nice as it is not to have to deal with him in the big 10 anymore, sucks to have Bo just up and leave like that. I heard something about him winning the big ten 7 of his 14 years, hell of a coach to pull that off at Wisconsin of all places.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @Xehalus eh, I can forgive Izzo for being more emotional than usual after a long travel week, the night before his father's funeral

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Yeah Izzo isn't a exactly a calm collected guy on the sideline to begin with either

• Options
    I am exhausted from watching the KU/OU game. Buddy Hield, man. Damn.

• Options
    Can we talk about how good Buddy Hield is?

He's pretty good.

• Options
    He's pretty insane, he was already a crazy good scorer last year and it's just ridiculous now

• Options
    The only Hield game I've seen is OK/KU and yes he's ridiculous but his team is atrocious. They could've won that game going away if they didn't play just terrible offense and take really poor shots.

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    The OK/LSU game this weekend was incredible. You missed out.

• Options
    Also, am I the only one who has no fucking clue how they are going to fill out the bracket this year? The parity this year is nuts.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Raise a glass, my friends: Duke is unranked for the first time since 2007.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    The Judge wrote: »
    Raise a glass, my friends: Duke is unranked for the first time since 2007.

Nooooooooooooo we suck.

If Amile Jefferson comes back we could be decent.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Kentucky is swiftly on their way to unranked territory as well.

• Options
    When was the last time neither Duke or Kentucky was ranked?

• Options
    SirToasty wrote: »

February, 2007 it looks like. That was Tubby's last year as coach.

• Options

good riddance

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »

good riddance

Shut up!

• Options

good riddance

Shut up!

no you shut up!

• Options

good riddance

Shut up!

no you shut up!

Make me!

• Options
    I Zimbra wrote: »

Ah ok. Thought it might stretch back a little if you included Kentucky.

What about Kansas and Duke?

• Options
    I Zimbra wrote: »

Ah ok. Thought it might stretch back a little if you included Kentucky.

What about Kansas and Duke?

February, 1983. Both were unranked at times during the 86-87 season, but never at the same time.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Louisville with the self imposed postseason ban this year.

Hookergate must not be going well for them

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Louisville with the self imposed postseason ban this year.

Hookergate must not be going well for them

it's the dumbest fucking thing

the people getting punished the worst by this are the players

what they need to do is fire pitino and the director of athletics and probably the president of the university for good measure

• Options
    Actually, everything I've read makes it sound like Pitino legitimately wasn't involved.

• Options
    Grayson Allen trips a guy on the court, so ESPN runs an article bemoaning the hate that Duke's "scrappy white guys" get.

Do you think there's a lotto drawing to get to write such a click bait article, or does Dana O'Neil just have the market cornered on stupid in the CBB division at ESPN?

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Poor Duke. Poor put upon Duke. Life is hard for the student athletes at Duke.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Won't someone think of the Dukies?