Pre and Post PAX Board Game Nights at the Westin Waterfront HotelWHAT
Two coordinated meetups before and after PAX for anyone with board games, or anyone who wants to play boardgames.WHERE
Boston Westin Waterfront Hotel: 425 Summer Street. Over 300 Seats in three separate areas with dedicated bars and bartenders. Gaming will be held on the mezzanine, in the Restaurant and on the lower level by the Starbucks. Look below under the COOL SHIT section for amazing details.WHEN
Pre-PAX: Thursday April 10 @ 4:00 PM until late, late, late
Post-PAX: Sunday April 13 @ 6:00 PM until late, late, late
("Late" means as late as people are awake. STOP ASKING HOW LATE IS LATE.)ALTERNATE HOTEL MEETUPSGame Night at the Boston Mariott Long Wharf
: Thursday April 10, 7:00 PM - 12:00 AM, 50-100 Seats
(This is a smaller, more personal event that's great for folks who don't like crowds or have a hard time asking to join in)MAPCOOL SHIT
The Westin is pulling out all the stops this year:
- Sauciety Restaurant: 180 Gaming Seats, Dedicated bar & bartender
- Mezzanine: 80 Gaming Seats, Dedicated bar & bartender
- Cafe (under the mezzanine): 40 Gaming Seats, Hotel Lobby Bar available
- Game and Gamer themed drinx and noshies will be on hand for purchase.
- The Cookie Brigade will be present in Force (well, at a table). Don't forget to Support Child's Play! (Bakers: Cookie Dropoff here)HOW IT WORKS On the Thread
1. If you have games to bring, please post what you're bringing. Note: if you're unsure or post "Well... I could bring... I dunno...", it's not going on the list until you're sure.
2. If you're looking to play a specific game, please post your request.
3. Please post your game/requests on the thread for the hotel that you plan to attend.Once Present at the Hotel
1. Your coordinator for the night is LexiconGrrl. You can find her at the Event Information Table if you have any questions.
2. There will be a room map and game matchup service at the info table
for anyone who doesn't use option #3 or #4 below.
3. If you've got a game and are looking for players, put the box top of the game vertically on your table. This is the universal sign for "I don't care who you are, please join us"
4. If you're looking to join a game, look for vertical box tops.
5. Use the following twitter hastags to find/advertise games. #WestinTabletop
or #MariottTabletopTHE RULES
- Being good guests is critical to this event's welcome at the hotel. Don't be a dick.
- The hotel is giving us amazing space and service for free
. The best way to show your appreciation is to support the hotel bar and restaurant while you're there.
- The hotel will be reserving the Birch Bar Dining Area for non-gaming guests and will have it roped off and staffed with a seating hostess. Please sit in one of the designated gaming areas to game. If you get asked by the hotel staff to move, please be respectful and honor their request.
- If someone looks lost or like they're hanging just outside of your circle, invite them to play even if they don't ask. Remember that shy people want to play too.GAME ON!!Google Doc w/ Additional DetailsRequested Games
BANG! See Below
Betrayal at House on the Hill See Below
CAH See Below
Exodus: Proxima Centauri
Gloom See Below
Ladies and Gentlemen See Below
Munchkin (several varieties) See Below
Munchkin (Cthulu or Base) See Below
Star Wars CCG See Below
Suburbia See Below
Two Rooms and a Boom See BelowAvailable Games
A Study in Emerald
Adventure Time: Card Wars (Finn vs Jake, BMO vs Lady Rainicorn)
Ascension Rise of Vigil
BANG! + Dodge City
Battlestar Galactica (BSG)
Betrayal at House on the Hill
Cards Against Humanity (CAH) + Expansions
Chaos in the Old World
Drunk Quest and it's expansion - The 90 Proof Seas
Eaten by Zombies
Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards: Duel at Mt. Skullzfyre
Euphoria Supreme Edition
Fluxx (Star, Cthulhu, Zombie)
Fortune & Glory
Game of Thrones
Game of Thrones LCG Decks
Guts of Glory
Ladies and Gentlemen
Lords of Waterdeep + Expansion
Machine of Death (maybe)
Merchant of Venus
Munchkin (Standard, Western, Cthulu, Werewolf, Zombie)
Paint the Line
Pandemic 2nd Ed + Expansions
Red Dragon Inn 1, 2, 3, 4 + all standalone expansion characters + special promo character
Robinson Crusoe + Expansion
Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock
Romans go Home
Skull & Roses
Secret Tijuana Deathmatch
Sentinels of the Multiverse (with a few expansions)
Settlers of Catan
Shadows over Camalot
Star Trek (Deckbuilding Game)
Star Wars CCG (Collectable Card Game)
Star Wars X-Wing
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Ticket to Ride: Europe
Two Rooms and a Boom
Zombie Dice + Double Feature Expansion Dice
This thread is being opened up to commence discussions about the Pre-PAX Boardgame night(s). Traditionally held at the Westin, boardgames spread like a plague, and last year we had a satellite night at the Mariott Wharf Waterfront. If you'd like to coordinate a game night at your hotel, or help out with the big 'un at the Westin, please feel free to shoot me a PM and I will reply with tips, tricks, and a bucket of nuts and bolts.
Lexi (that's me) is SUPER CRAZY BUSY so don't expect this thread to get updated as frequently as it usually does. But do commence boardgame talk, questions, whatever. If I'm conspicuously absent in an especially inconvenient way, please send me a PM.
STANDARD PROCEDURE:Game Night Prime
= Westin Waterfront
Thursday April 10 - 4pm till late, late, late (yes, late means as late as people are awake. STOP ASKING HOW LATE IS LATE.)
Bring Games. Play Games.
Better organization and game matching will be available this year
A post-PAX Game night may be happening on Sunday night. Stay tuned for details.
We're going to try and keep the mezzanine tables up all weekend again.
Expect a crowd of about 500 people.Last Year's EventAlternate Location - Marriott Long Wharf Game Night
(+/-100 seats - cozier and less intimidating than the Westin)
Lots of people have a hard time breaking the ice and asking to join a game. last year it was hard for people to join in becuase it was so big and intimidating, and so many games were already full up. This event is all about inclusion, so...
RULES ABOUT PEOPLE
1. Be kind to strangers (ie: don't look at people like they're crazy assholes if they ask what you're playing or if they can join.)
2. If someone looks lost or like they're hanging just outside of your circle, invite them to play even if they don't ask.
3. If you have extra games, consider loaning them out to folks who have nothing to play. Check the Coordinator's table for details.
RULES ABOUT THE EVENT
4. Be nice to our hosts. The Westin gives us this space for free, so don't be a dick to the staff, the property or the building. Move if you're asked to.
5. The cafe will probably be off limits to gamers again, unless those gamers are ordering dinner.
6. The best way to thank the Westin for hosting this amazing event FOR FREE is to order generously from the bars.
More info, game lists, etc... will be posted in good time.
Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.