Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PbP] 13th Age: Darskye-fall: Into the Wild Wood

17810121323

Posts

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    "Fool's Luck! Let's go!" Farkas yells for the rest of the group.

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Yancey rises with a groan and heads to the meeting-place. He is surprisingly quiet as he sidles up to one of the prisoner cages and pokes a prisoner with a stick.

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @oats If you'd like to talk business with the Archmagus you are welcome to do so. Give me a magic check to see how much you can actually understand :p

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    Can I use Charisma since that's my magic stat or should it be Int?

    Geth roll 1d20+6

    Add another 1 if I can use Cha over Int. He'll consult with Roland regardless, but his bonus is only on Int checks.


    1d20+6 23 [1d20=17]

    Erin The Red
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    Awesome.

    "So how do you manage to stabilize the field? And you can get us to a specific point on the island? Fantastic! Absolutely brilliant! My beard is tingling from all that energy!"

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Whatever your main magic skill is works for me!
    "Part of me is tied to these portals. I am as much a slave to them as they are to me. I feel a... pulling when the portals can be opened," the Archmagus states. "For the next three or four days I will not sleep. I must maintain a vigil over the portal, lest bad things happen. As I must remain awake, my control over the transportation itself becomes more tenuous. The island itself is ringed with runes whereas this room has a very small portal. Accuracy TO here is simple. Accuracy FROM here is much more difficult. I feel confident that I can get you all into the main warden's building and have you meet with him for more information on whatever mission it is that you have." He then goes into all of the specifics on the runes and the ritual and the succession process, etc.

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    "He'd have to have a bunch of runestones positioned at strategic locations around the island, too. Yep." mentions Yancey offhandedly, listening in on the magical conversation while continuing to aggravate the prisoners for as long as they're un-teleported.

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


    Erin The Red
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    "Wait... if it's hard to get us back, how will we get back?"

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    "No no, my boy. It isn't difficult to get you back from the island. I was saying that as the time goes on, the accuracy of the transport circle from here to the island is decreased. You could end up in the mines, or in the warden's office, or in one unfortunate instance, IN a wall. Poor fools. I told them to wait for the next transport cycle."

    He claps his hands together and his eyes open wide
    "SO! WELL! Who's ready?"

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    Proof has never been more ready for anything in his life.

    He shakes the archmage's hand and then turns and steps through the portal.

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Yancey has already inadvertently entered the portal while harrassing the prisoners.

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Farkas watches his allies enter the portal then looks over at Clank. "Well, is there a switch to get you moving or do I have to drag you?"

  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Talfryn strides through the portal with no hesitation.

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    As the party ventures towards the center of the portal, they feel a great pulling at the very core of their being. After a moment or two of strange pressure they find themselves in another room. It is similar to the one you just left but the cages and soldiers are here. Many of them are sort of hunched over. You wonder why shortly before an immense wave of nausea hits you.

    "Oh great, they sent a batch of first timers," says a woman in polished leather armor. She has a club on one hip and a sword on the other. "The sickness will pass. Deep breaths, and keep your head between your legs. Blood flow to the brain will make it dissipate quicker."

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Talfryn leans against a wall to recover. "I'll wager my next dessert that Master Proof is about to lose his breakfast," he says with a smile.

    Erin The Red
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Farkas smile while trying to hold his own down. "I'll take that bet. He's a dwarf. They got nine iron stomachs."

    Erin The RedOats
  • bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Oh geez.

    Barthas tries, along with Farkas, to appear unphased. Sweat appears on his brow and his eyes begin to cross. Any appearance of tolerance lasts roughly ten seconds, before he mutters, "oh geez," and drops to one knee, dizzy. He keeps the breakfast he barely had time to put down, but not his composure. "This --- *urp* --- this is not going to be a trend, I hope..."

    3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
    Erin The Red
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Takers on both sides. Let's see what Geth has to say.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for IRON STOMACH (Con)


    "Oooooh boys. Step on... back this is gon-HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURAAAAAAAAAAGHGHLGHLGL"

    IRON STOMACH (Con):
    1d20+3 4 [1d20=1]

    Oats on
    Erin The RedbssGrunt's GhostsKilroyBuddha73jdarksun
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    As the nausea fades the woman comes closer to you all. "I assume you're the backup we've been saddled with?"
    She lets out a deep sigh and looks back towards some of her guards. "Get over here! Get them to the war room so we can go over whatever tasks we will have them doing."

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    "Damn. Never seen a drawf lose his shit like that. Are you sure you are a drawf and not a bearded gnome?" Farkas jokes as they head towards the war room.

    Grunt's Ghosts on
    Erin The Red
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    "Oh I'll beard your gnome for that, boy", leaning on his axe for support.

    Erin The Red
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Whenever you guys end up making it to the war room (no rush!)
    You travel down a hallway for 50 or 60 paces. The building seems to be constructed of wood and stone together. The pavestones in the floor have been eroded by the passing of countless feet over the ages. You take a left at a junction and then go right for another 20 or 30 paces and are shown to a room that seems much newer. The dark wooden table is oiled or finished in some way that gives it a dull luster. The table is also HUGE. Almost 100 feet away you see the woman from before. She is seated at the head of the table and has stacks of papers arranged on the table in front of the seats closest to her.

    "Ah. You made it. Hope the transition here wasn't too terrible. In an effort to save time, why don't you tell me what you all know about this place and your mission, and I can fill in any gaps I find. Please sit." She motions to the spots next to her.

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    I'm in the hospital with my newborn son for another day or two, so my posts will be infrequent for a bit.

    Clank sits. "This is Darkskye Island. It is both prison colony and rare element mine. We are here to provide reinforcements against an impending threat."

    OatsbssErin The RedKilroyAuralynxGrunt's Ghostsam0n
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    What? All hail jdarkson! Congrats!

    OatsErin The RedBuddha73
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Yancey is entirely disoriented and prostrate after the transportation, and has to be bodily carried by the aforementioned guards all the way to the briefing room.

    From somewhere beneath the table, he adds groggily: "Also maybe you have a problem with the Lich King, I think? We're here to stop his guys from doing bad stuff, yep. We should maybe get a map so we know where to find things and probably, I dunno, study whatever spells you have on the place."

    Auralynx on
    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    Proof is being uncharacteristically quiet.

    Internally he is wondering how in the hell to clean his beard on a prison island floating in the goddamn sky.

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Water exists! :p

    "You seem to have the gist of it, yes." She motions to the papers in front of each of you. "The first parchment in your pile is a map of the island itself. There are several maps of the mines and adjacent buildings here as well. The most important parchments are under those." She holds up some intricately detailed portraits of menacing looking figures. Also there is a portrait of a jolly-looking halfling as well.

    "This one," she says, pointing at a portrait of a half orc with a scas across his throat and across his glassy and dead eye, "Is Lugrub. He's one of the servants of the Orc Lord and is known to be operating within 100 miles or so of the telportation building."

    "This one," she says as she points at the portrait of a human with a long and bushy beard and sunken eyes. He has a streak of white on the right side of his beard and hair, "Is Orram the Despoiler. I've heard he takes the eyes of his conquests and brings them with him so that they may see what he inflicts on others. He works for the Lich King."

    "And finally, we have this bastard." She motions towards the jovial halfling and shudders slightly. There is something about the smile. It is too wide. Far too wide for a normal smile. The eyes also show no joy. "His name's Tiptoe. Nobody's caught him doing the heinous things that are attributed to his name, but anywhere he goes there is sure to be bloodshed and mourning soon after. He works for the Prince of Shadows, best we can figure."

    "We suspect that one or more of these individuals may be attempting an attack on Darkskye sooner rather than later. It's why we asked for reinforcements. We got you. Are you going to be up for the job? I surely hope so."

    -Insert pause for responses. Pretend like your answers or questions to anything above this go here.

    "Right then. Do you want to see your rooms, or do you want a tour of this damnable rock?"

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Farkas looks at the drawings and then the map to see if he can spot an easy way in. "Just from the basic knowledge of this place, how do they plan on getting in? Flying giant eagles then feather fall down to the main grounds? Force the Archmagus to open the gates? Seems more likely, if I was going to do this, would get arrested and brought in under a different name. I'd look at our new prisoners and anyone who came in the last few cycles."

    Farkas pauses for a second. "Not that I've had experience with this kind of thing."

  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    "Do ya have any bath water I c'n use?"

    Proof tries to commit their faces to memory. He nods in agreement of Farkas', suggested method of infiltration.

    "A brief stint in a prison like this seems like it'd be no problem for any of these lunatics."

    Any likeness of the old undeadish man we beat up and burned?

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    "Yes, we've been doing close examinations of the ones that have been brought in as of late. No resemblance that we've seen, though." She ponders for a second. "This place is normally too high up for even summoned eagles to be able to fly someone up here. We figure the weak point has got to be the teleportation process. Either someone can intercept it, which seems unlikely, or someone will try and force themselves through to the teleportation room on the mainland and beam over that way." She looks at the gathered party. "Was supposed to be a secret, but I guess there's no harm in it now that you're here already. You weren't the only party sent to this place. Another group has been tasked with keeping the other end of the passage safe, so to speak. They were holed up in the Archmagus' room until you all left. Keep information separate. That sort of thing."

    The woman looks over at Proof and cocks her head. "Silvergloom! Bring the dwarf some water! A bucket or two!"
    There is an answer in the affirmative from the other side of the door.

    Proof studies the faces and sees if he can link any of them to anyone they've seen yet. None of the portraits seems to ring any bells, though.

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    "Now," the woman says, "shall we take a tour of the island?"

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
    Oats
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    "Might as well. Maps are one thing, scouting ahead shows more then any piece of paper can."

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    The woman gets up and leads the way out of the meeting room. She explains some of the basic functions of the building they are in. "Main checkin is here. We try and keep good record of all the prisoners on the island. I'd say that the only way off the island for them is death, but even that's not true. We have an unused mine shaft we bury the dead in. Really, the only way off the island for them is off the side. But we've not had a jumper in thirty years or so."

    Can I get everyone to make a perception-type check for me? Intelligence + any relevant backgrounds

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Int (-1) +Professional Thief (+5) =4

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for perception
    [/spolier]

    perception:
    1d20+4 7 [1d20=3]

  • bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Escaped street rat (+2) because I've had to scope out a dangerous/interesting situation in the past in order to not get sapped or mugged or whatever?

    Geth roll 1d20+2+1 for perceiving!

    perceiving!:
    1d20+2+1 12 [1d20=9]

    3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
    Erin The Red
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    Oh noooo Int my one (of many) weakness!

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for Lookin good with my bottle buddy

    Lookin good with my bottle buddy:
    1d20+2 18 [1d20=16]

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I can't really justify either background unless noticing something would annoy our hosts. Which it might, so take 3 off if not.

    Geth roll 1d20+4 for annoyingly observant.

    annoyingly observant:
    1d20+4 18 [1d20=14]

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Plenty of intrigue to watch out for at home. Star Courtier +2

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Perception

    Perception:
    1d20+3 5 [1d20=2]

  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Talfryn is too busy glaring at the portrait of Lugrub to notice anything.

    Erin The Red
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    @Oats @‌Auralynx
    As you are being shown the building, there is something nagging away at the back of your mind. Shrugging it off, you follow the woman (the warden, you figure) as she leads you through the twisting corridors. There is a man walking with a scroll in hand who seems to be new here. He's got a goatee and some recently trimmed hair. He's got a pretty cool looking streak of gray/silver in there too on one side. Looks a bit lost, but is trying to not show that he is lost. You know the type. You guys look like that pretty often right now, after all.

    As he turns around to head away from you all, you notice something strange. He has a hole in the back of his leather armor. Not a round hole. One that looks like it was caused by a blade.

    Erin The Red on
    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
Sign In or Register to comment.