As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PbP] 13th Age: Darskye-fall: Into the Wild Wood

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Re-paging @kilroy since I think notifications break when you edit an @‌

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Talfryn sees only the foes in front of him and brings his sword crashing down on the remaining brute.

Geth roll 1d20+8 vs AC of Brute 3
    Geth roll 2d8+6 for damage

vs AC of Brute 3:
    1d20+8 19 [1d20=11]
    damage:
    2d8+6 17 [2d8=5, 6]

Kilroy on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Talfryn swings mightily at the brute and his sword cuts deeply. Light begins to pulsate inside the shoulder wound and the brute is almost brought to his knees.
    It'll take more than that to get rid of him, though! He returns the blow in kind and smashes Talfryn across the face with his enormous fist, sending him reeling.

ESCALATION DIE IS 2
    Initiative
    GG: 20
    Kilroy:17
    Brute Group: 14
    --->Oats: 12
    Jdark: 7
    Auralynx:7
    Bss: 6

Stats!
    GG (Farkas): AC14 PD14 MD12 - 23/28 HP 
    Kilroy (Talfryn): AC17 PD15 MD12 - 20/40 HP - Staggered
    Oats (Proof): AC14 PD13 MD12 - 32/32 HP 
    Jdark (Clank): AC18 PD15 MD15 - 21/32 HP 
    Auralynx (Yancey): AC18 PD15 MD14 -27/36 HP
    Bss (Barthas): AC17 PD13 MD13 - 28/28 HP
    Brute 1: AC 17 PD 14 MD 12  - 0/40 - DEAD
    Brute 2: AC 17 PD 14 MD 12  - 0/40 - DEAD
    Brute 3: AC 17 PD 14 MD 12  - 21/40
    Infected group: AC 16 PD 13 MD 11 - 0/50 - DEAD AS HELL

2014-03-26_0814_zps4b1288f3.png

Geth, roll 1d20+5 vs Talfrynian AC

vs Talfrynian AC:
    1d20+5 23 [1d20=18]

Erin The Red on
    @Oats is here to do thing!

• OatsOats Registered User regular
    "If'n at first ye don't succeed", Proof grumbles, waddling over to the remaining Brute. He reckons he's lucky the only thing bruised is his pride.

He tries to focus more on his footwork, and lines up another Hotheaded Headbutt.

Geth roll 1d20+6 vs PD
    Geth roll 1d6+2 for fire damages
    If it's a natural even hit, the target takes d8 ongoing fire damage.
    Miss damage is 4.

vs PD:
    1d20+6 23 [1d20=17]
    fire damages:
    1d6+2 8 [1d6=6]

edited March 2014
    The headbutt lands with a meaty 'thud' and there is an audible cracking noise as something within the brute fractures.
    Clank steps forward to act. ( @Jdarksun )

ESCALATION DIE IS 2
    Initiative
    GG: 20
    Kilroy:17
    Brute Group: 14
    Oats: 12
    --->Jdark: 7
    Auralynx:7
    Bss: 6

Stats!
    GG (Farkas): AC14 PD14 MD12 - 23/28 HP 
    Kilroy (Talfryn): AC17 PD15 MD12 - 20/40 HP - STAGGERED
    Oats (Proof): AC14 PD13 MD12 - 32/32 HP 
    Jdark (Clank): AC18 PD15 MD15 - 21/32 HP 
    Auralynx (Yancey): AC18 PD15 MD14 -27/36 HP
    Bss (Barthas): AC17 PD13 MD13 - 28/28 HP
    Brute 1: AC 17 PD 14 MD 12  - 0/40 - DEAD
    Brute 2: AC 17 PD 14 MD 12  - 0/40 - DEAD
    Brute 3: AC 17 PD 14 MD 12  - 13/40 - STAGGERED
    Infected group: AC 16 PD 13 MD 11 - 0/50 - DEAD AS HELL

Erin The Red on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Clank swings the maul at the brute, but the injured creature staggers beneath the attack.

---
    Minion, roll 1d20+8 for Melee Attack v AC 17
    Minion, roll 2d10+6 for damage

Melee Attack v AC 17:
    1d20+8 12 [1d20=4]
    damage:
    2d10+6 19 [2d10=3, 10]

jdarksun on
    @Auralynx you're up!
    Brute is at 11/40

Beep boop @Auralynx also @bss can act too if he'd like

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Yancey's electrical sword and cloudy shield disappear, replaced in an instant by a handful of smaller chunks of sparking cloudstuff, which he then hurls at Brute 2.

Looking again, that hits via Escalation Die so far as I can see, so yay. Have 7 lightning damage, Brute 2.

Geth roll 1d20+6 for Stormblade vs PD on Brute 2
    Geth roll 2d6+4 for damage on hit

Stormblade vs PD:
    1d20+6 12 [1d20=6]
    damage:
    2d6+4 7 [2d6=2, 1]

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

Crackling cloudstuffs hit the brute in the face and chest. They snap loudly and tendrils of electricity arc over his body before dissipating.
    The brute is looking very unsteady on his feet.

@Bss you're up!
    Brute 3: AC 17 PD 14 MD 12  - 6/40 - STAGGERED

• bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Sorry, kinda busy tonight, so I'll keep this terse.

Minor action, heal cast on Talfryn. @Kilroy can heal using my recovery, with an additional +4 HP from my Healing Domain.

Standard action, javelin of faith on Brute 3.

Geth roll 1d20+6+2+1 vs. Brute 3's PD
    Geth roll 1d6+4+1 holy damage if it hit, 2 damage if miss

vs. Brute 3's PD:
    1d20+6+2+1 11 [1d20=2]
    holy damage if it hit, 2 damage if miss:
    1d6+4+1 11 [1d6=6]

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
    GEEEEEEETHHHHHHHH

cheers

Geth roll 2d10+7 for Recovery

Recovery:
    2d10+7 11 [2d10=2, 2]

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Geth roll 1d20+8 to hit with Flying Blade

Geth roll 2d4+4 for damage

Geth roll 1d8 for Sneak Attack Damage

Really Geth?

Farkas looked back to see the Cleric missed the Brute so the theif decided to throw his blade and kill the monster. But the dagger when wide and stuck itself in the wall behind it.

to hit with Flying Blade:
    1d20+8 13 [1d20=5]
    damage:
    2d4+4 10 [2d4=3, 3]
    Sneak Attack Damage:
    1d8 3 [1d8=3]

Grunt's Ghosts on
    @Kilroy to have talfryn kill it regardless of hit or miss!

edited March 2014
    Talfryn brings the Orcslayer crashing down on the brute one final time. The elf's unusual strength combined with the blade's enchanted edge produce a blow that nearly cleaves the poor sod in two.

As the brute falls, Talfryn exhales loudly and takes in his surroundings for the first time since the fight began.

Geth roll 1d20+9 for Attack
    Geth roll 2d8+6 for Damage

Attack:
    1d20+9 21 [1d20=12]
    Damage:
    2d8+6 12 [2d8=5, 1]

Kilroy on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Yancey dashes towards the guards,the bits of cloudstuff misting away from out of his hands as he goes.

"Heyheyheyheyhey are you guys okay? Barthas you better come over here and give them a hand, yep. Don't want anyone to get hurt who's on our side, nope."

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Proof follows in the wake of the lightning spewing halfing, wordlessly offering a flask to the less-immediately-dying guard.

The less-injured guard takes a swig from the offered flask and chokes slightly.
    "Woah. Strong." he coughs a few times.
    "Smith and I were sent to get the key to the dome. Managed to get it and were on the way out when... all of this happened. We didn't know they were following us up until we saw the big ones in front of us also."
    He looks down at his friend who seems to barely be breathing.
    "Can you lot do anything for him? Smith's my best friend. I don't wanna lose him. 'specially not here."

Barthas will do whatever he can to tend to Smith, and then dress wounds and so on.

"So this Dome the main mining operations?" Farkas asks as he takes the key. "Anyone down there who could have caused this?"

@BSS give me a skill check with wis+any relevant healing backgrounds you may have.

"You don't know 'bout the dome?" he lets out a laugh and then sighs.
    "There's a magical shield around the island. S'why nobody can get on or off except for the rune circle. This key," he says as he holds a strange prism up towards the party "it the only way to bring the shield down. The transport building's gone, we hear. We will need to jump." He tries to get up and walk over to the party but winces in great pain. "Woah. Right. One of those big bastards punched me in the leg. Feels like the bone's broken. A lot. Can you all bring the key to the domehouse? I'll give you directions if you need 'em."

Acolyte of Justice's Embrace for some combat medic-ish stuff in my travels.

Geth roll 1d20+6+3 for battlefield healing

battlefield healing:
    1d20+6+3 16 [1d20=7]

Barthas channels the radiant energies coursing through him to mend the more serious wounds of the unconscious guard. Shortly thereafter his breathing normalizes and he seems to be in less pain.
    "Thanks for helpin' him, friend. Don't know what I'd have done down here alone."
    He looks at Clank and thinks for a moment.
    "If you can get us to the surface, that'd be much appreciated. I don't want us to slow you all down any more than that, though. Once we get topside we'll try and find a safe place to hide out until things calm down a bit. I can guide you to the domehouse when we reach the surface, and you guys can go and save the world or whatever heroics need to be done." he says with a small chuckle.

Proof gives the man a hand up, and gestures for him to lead on.

edited April 2014
    Thanking the party, the guard helps to lead the way as the injured men are helped through the tunnels and buildings. After they get to the surface, he points you to a building maybe 100 yards away. It doesn't seem to be very special based on outward appearances, but your very basic cartography skills places it somewhere near the general center of the island. Probably a good place for the generator for a magical shield!

"That's the building. Right there. Thanks again for helping us, guys. We really appreciate it." He puts his friend's arm around his shoulder and begins to hobble towards the closest building.

Now that you all have some time to look around, you notice that the sky is spinning? No, that can't be right. Take a minute. Focus.
    Oh. Oh. The clouds and things are spinning too. You see sky, then ground. Sky. Ground. Sky. Ground. That either means that the world is slowly spiraling out of control, which feels true in a more metaphorical sense after all that's happened lately. Another possibility is that the island itself is spinning. Pretty quickly, from what you can see.

Either way, this is going to be... interesting.

Erin The Red on
    "WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Yancey is sort of enjoying the spinning now that there aren't simultaneously people trying to kill him. He's snagged the prism from the guards and, without waiting for the others, dashes towards the building.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Farkas

Looking up at the sky, Farkas gets two thoughts. One, and the most obvious, the island is spinning. The second is the spinning island is now over land. "That's one way to escape the island. A bir flashy but it certainly has style."

Yancey bursts through the door. The building seems to be a mostly empty shell with naught but a crystalline stone in the middle. There are various runes scrawled on the floor and the base of the object and there appears to be a chunk of something missing from the right-hand side of the stone. Rough estimates would guess that the key you guys have would fit in there!

Boy oh boy how convenient!

• am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Where's Admiral Ackbar when you need him...

am0n on
    Oh come on. It's probably fine!

Talfryn tails Yancey and grabs the crystal before the excitable fellow can do anything rash.

"Let's stop and think a moment before we decide to tear down the walls and let the Very Dangerous Prisoners go free," he says.

For the record, I'm picturing Talfryn holding the crystal up above his head while Yancey runs circles around him trying to get to it

Now I am too!

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    A bit confused. The island's falling out of control.... why do we want to disable the shield?

edited April 2014
    Those of you outside of the building notice that the island appears to be approaching some body of water!

It's the only way off, mostly. The little campaign book didn't have much of this intro part fleshed out, so I'm sort of playing it by ear?

Erin The Red on
    Because it will be awesome in some way, shape, or form.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited April 2014
    jdarksun wrote: »
    A bit confused. The island's falling out of control.... why do we want to disable the shield?
    Good question. Can any of us read the glyphs to figure out how to stop the island from crashing?

Grunt's Ghosts on