Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PbP] 13th Age: Darskye-fall: Into the Wild Wood

1235723

Posts

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    "NEXT!" shouts the man at the podium. He's got a bandolier of quills and a monocle to go over his non-patched eye. "State your name, next of kin (for obvious reasons) and your vocation. Be as accurate as possible to ensure proper allotment of supplies." He holds out a blackened thumb, pokes at it a few times with the quill, and readies it over the page, looking expectantly at the party. "I suppose a name for your particular... organization... will be useful, if you manage to live. I can always call you 'Generic Troupe #33', if you'd prefer? "

    Erin The Red on
    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    "Names are unimportant." Clank doesn't break stride as he responds to Farkas. "Based on outwards appearance and observed behavior, this collection contains an acceptable quantity of synergy. Fatalities expected to be less than 20%."

    When the man at the podium queries for the organization's name, the automaton pauses for a moment. After the irises flick over its lenses once, it responds. "Fool's Luck."

    jdarksun on
    Ardentbss
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    "Please, do you not know who you are looking at? We have sailed from lands farther than you know of, fought beast nastier than you can imagine, all before you were done spoiling your baby clothes. We aren't the peasants and sellswordsmen you have seen all day. No, we are greater, stronger, and with the exception of a few folk present, better looking. I am Hans Lonestar and these fine gentlemen are the League of Fine Gentlemen. But don't let the name fool you, Gentle, we are not."
    Silver Tongue Devel (3)+Level (1)+Cha mod (3)= 7
    Geth roll 1d20+7 for League of Fine Gentlemen

    League of Fine Gentlemen:
    1d20+7 9 [1d20=2]

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    @Grunt's Ghosts Ouch! Bad luck on the roll.

    The scribe chuckles heartily. "I've heard similar lines from half the groups that I've registered today. Being the big fish in a small pond doesn't amount to much here. Is your name really Hans Lonestar, or are you having a joke? Undertaker hates having to remake tombstones because someone was playing the fool."

    Seeing the metal man speaking, the joviality leaves the scribe's face. "Ahem. Right. Fool's Luck. Sounds appropriate enough." There is some scribbling, followed by the sweeping movement of a box being drawn on a page. He looks at the party for the rest of them to speak up so that he can go home and get out of these soaked clothes. Bloody awful day, this is. If the Emperor didn't pay so well....

    Erin The Red on
    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    "Proof's good enough for me." He retches for a second, nearly vomiting.

    "Got anything to drink back there? Oh and I guess reagents for spells. Maybe a sharper axe than this? I'm not changing out the kilt, mind. Lots of good blood been spilled on it."

  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    "I am Talfryn, called the Swanfury. There will be no need to notify my kin," he says. "I am a hunter of orcs. I imagine that experience will transfer to demonkind quite easily."

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Yancey scratches his head and scuffs a foot.

    "Hi! I'm Yancey! Yancey Rumbleroarer! Yep! That's me, Yancey Rumbleroarer! Uh... my next of kin is probably a great big boulder on a hill several days from here. His name's <Weathered Spire of Grim Endurance>," which sounds to people unfamiliar with elemental language like Yancey is choking to death, "and I'm not really sure he'll understand what you mean if you tell him I died, so I guess you better not just in case I do, okay? I mean, he has enough to worry about already. I guess my vocation is, uh... I defend the natural order. Yep. Gotta keep the earth safe from demons, dwarves, orcs, humans... pretty much everybody, sometimes. Gotta protect the earth."

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


    Erin The RedOats
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Gonna wait until this afternoon on @bss and then I'll get you guys outfitted with <supplies> and then get you on your way!

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Sorry, I've got the flu or something and have been totally out of it the last couple days.

    Barthas keeps his head low as he introduces himself. "I am Barthas, acolyte of Justice's Embrace, servitor of the Gods of Light. In lieu of next of kin, if I do fall in battle, please notify the church in Santa Cora." He speaks slightly louder than necessary, hoping to allay concerns his party may have with his appearance.

    3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
    Oats
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Everybody's sick lately. No worries! Hopefully you get to feeling better soon

    "Hm. Right. I've got you all in the log. Head to the armory over there," he says, pointing to a nearby building. It's smaller than the surrounding stone buildings but looks to be just as durable as the rest of the fortress complex.

    There is a bit of a wait. Seems like your group was one of the last to get together and get registered. Ten or fifteen minutes later, you're finally inside. There are crates and chest of various sizes and designs. These supplies appear to have come from all around the world. Hopefully there's still something good left!

    Information about magic items!
    Every magic item in 13th age is 'alive.' It has a personality and you have to interact with it when you use it. You build friendship and trust with it.

    Being truly unique, every magic item will have its own quirks. Some items will talk to you and have their own outlook on things. Some of them will subtly impart their personalities onto you.

    Quirks for items don't have to ALWAYS be in effect. You won't become a raving psychopath immediately upon touching your item. Just have it pop up every now and then, if you would!
    The rules for magic items are as follows: You can have one item of your tier per level. A level one character can have 1 item, a level 3 can have 3, etc.
    A champion tier item counts as 2 to adventurer tier characters, and an epic tier item counts as 3 to adventurer tier characters.
    You CAN have items over the limit, but instead of controlling the items they will slowly begin to control YOU


    @BSS
    "Right. Barthas? Step forward." A box is slid across a counter to you. The word "healer?" is painted on the top of it. Inside you find a length of rope (25 ft), two torches, trail rations, a prayer book, and a small drawstring bag with the symbol of the priestess embroidered on it. Inside of the bag is a brilliantly cut gem the size of your palm.
    Blessed Gem of the Priestess -> +1 to divine spell attack and damage rolls
    Usable once per battle (Recharge 6+ after battle): When you cast a daily divine spell on an ally, that ally also heals 10 HP.
    Quirk: Insists on courtesy even in situations where none should be required

    @Jdarksun
    "Unnamed armored man? Step forward." A box is slid to you as well. There is a red question mark on the top. You find the same supplies (minus the prayer book and drawstring bag) along with a metal bar in the bottom of the box. The bar is roughly the size of your hand attachments and has a piece of paper affixed to it that says "squeeze". Holding it closer, you see that there is a lightly gilded outline of a serpent's tail towards the top of the bar. As you squeeze down on the bar there is a slight whirring sound followed by a quick "HISS" as the bar extends upwards and outwards. Within a fraction of a second it is a full sized two-handed maul. The full outline of a great golden serpent can be seen on the maul as well as a ring of golden scales fanning out from the top.
    The Dragon's Hoard -> +1 to attack and damage rolls with this weapon
    Usable once per battle (Recharge 11+ after battle): When you hit with this weapon, allow one of your allies engaged with that foe to make a basic melee attack against it as a free action
    Quirk: Intrudes on personal space

    @Oats
    "Proof? That's a name? Eh. Step forward." You are tossed a medium-sized rucksack. Food and rope are contained within and torches are shoved into canvas loops around the outside of it. As you finish inspecting it and settle it on your back, the quartermaster shouts "One more!" and tosses you another item. It is a finely crafted leather belt designed to fit over a kilt. The ram's head on the front is a fine addition to your overall look. You also notice pouches all around this thing! There's two health potions inside, along with two bottles marked 'XXX' and one bottle that is cloudy and white. Is.. is that a face in there?\
    Brewmaster's Belt -> +1 maximum recovery
    Once per battle (Recharge 16+ after battle) Drink a potion stored on this belt as a quick action instead of a standard action. (Holds up to 6 bottles)
    Quirk: Constantly attempts to refill people's drinks. Or potions. Or ration bags.

    Lore Bottle -> +2 bonus to INT based skill checks, provided you have the time to consult it for assistance.
    Quirk: Connection formed with the face in the bottle can be unsettling, as it eventually starts to literally 'get into your head'

    @Grunt's Ghosts
    "Hans Lonestar! You're up. Step forward." The quartermaster looks down at you. "Ye don't look like an elf." You are handed a satchel wrapped in cloth. The usual food, rope, and rations are here. No torches, though. Unwrapping the cloth from the bag, you notice that it's actually a cape with a hood on it. Cool! Putting it on, you do a quick spin to test it out and notice that it doesn't... flow... quite right. It moves like it should, but the muted patterns on the cloth seem to move in the opposite direction. Freaky stuff!
    Assassin's Cape -> +1 to Physical Defense
    Once per battle (Recharge 6+ after battle) When you take damage from an opportunity attack, take 20 less damage from it.
    Quirk: You find it increasingly difficult to answer a direct question

    @Kilroy
    "Swanfury! There's an elven name!" says the quartermaster as he shoots a quick sneer at 'Hans'. A sheath comes your way with a small pack. The pack contains food and torches, but no rope. These guys aren't super consistent, are they? The sheath appears to be well maintained. The leather shines from a recent oiling. Removing the sword from the sheath makes you gasp for a moment. This is a serious blade that could only have been crafted by Elven hands.
    Bloodthirsty Orcslayer -> +1 to attack and damage rolls with this weapon
    When you crit with a natural 20 with this weapon, you deal crit damage instead of normal damage if you hit with this weapon on your next turn.
    Quirk: Greatly increased desire to eat red meat

    @Auralynx
    "Yancey! You're the last of the fools? Here ya go." You're tossed a satchel with food and... vines in it? As you pull the vines out to inspect them, they quickly spread out to cover your hands. You have complete control over your hands, and notice that the vines soon disappear. Everyone else still looks at your hands strangely, though.
    Earth Elemental Gauntlets
    Once per battle (Recharge 6+ after battle) When you hit one or more foes with an arcane attack spell, deal +1d10 psychic damage to one target of the attack.
    Quirk: The texture of your skin seems... wrong to everyone else. You know it's all in their heads. You tell them so! Often!

    The quartermaster shudders slightly and tosses you a leather-bound folder. " 'at's your mission. Best get to it, then. Next group! Get your asses in here!"

    The mission inside seems pretty straightforward.
    Your group has been assigned to protection detail on Darksye Island. There have been reports of unrest on the island as well as rumors of a possible plot by the Lich King to sabotage the facility on the island. 
    
    A day's travel northeast of here is sword point. The island will be close enough to reach from here in three days' time. Get there with haste, and assure that nothing happens to the island or its protectors. 
    
    May your chosen diety guide your travels.
    

    If you would like more info on Darksye Island or anything else, feel free to give me a lore check or something of the sort. Aside from that, let's get a general "travel to this point" montage, complete with some obstacles you guys overcome and how you/the party managed to overcome them!

    Also, if you have any comments or suggestions feel free to PM me!

    Erin The Red on
    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
    ArdentOatsKaplarbss
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    "Clank," Clank corrects quartermaster, though the man simply gives the automaton a quizzical look. Outside the tent, it tests the balance of the new maul. Satisfied, Clank rests the serpentine creation on its shoulder, and dumps the old maul in the mud.

    Restless Wanderer (3) + Int (4) for knowledge of Darksye Island?

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    That works for me!

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    Minion, roll 1d20+7 for knowledge of Darksye Island

    knowledge of Darksye Island:
    1d20+7 23 [1d20=16]

  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I'm going to ask the bottle about itself. Since it can be drunk, and is likely magic I think the Drunken Magic skill-thing is applicable. So 0 (int) + 4 (drunk magic) + 2 (the bottle) = 6 sound good?

    Fitting the belt around his girth, Proof nods and yells "Cheers!" at the quartermaster. He steps outside just in time to be splashed by spray of Clank's former maul landing in mud.

    Proof doesn't seem to mind, however, his gaze fixed on a bottle produced from his utility belt.

    Oats on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Oats wrote: »
    I'm going to ask the bottle about itself. Since it can be drunk, and is likely magic I think the Drunken Magic skill-thing is applicable. So 0 (int) + 4 (drunk magic) + 2 (the bottle) = 6 sound good?

    Fitting the belt around his girth, Proof nods and yells "Cheers!" at the quartermaster. He steps outside just in time to be splashed by spray of Clank's former maul landing in mud.

    Proof doesn't seem to mind, however, his gaze fixed on a bottle produced from his utility belt.

    Feel free to ask/roll away! The thing about those bottles (yes, there are multiple in the world) is that they don't occupy a magic item slot towards your maximum. So of you had six you could use all six for whatever purpose, just not at the same time .

    I'll post your results and jdark's later once you roll!

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Hottttttttt. New goal for Proof, collect all of the bottles.

    "Arright Blinky, spill it." A brief pause. "Not literally."

    Proof holds the bottle up to his face, his broad nose pressed up against the glass. Those sufficiently perceptive see him react a moment later.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for getting to the bottom of this bottle.

    getting to the bottom of this bottle:
    1d20+5 16 [1d20=11]

    Oats on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @Jdarksun You rolled your lore check like an ancient robot SHOULD.
    For Jdark's eyes only! (And anyone else who isn't playing)
    Darkskye Island is a prison camp. A bad one. It's full of the worst kinds of criminals that the Empire can manage to capture. It is enchanted to float in a seemingly erratic pattern in an attempt to thwart those who may try to get in or out without authorization.

    In olden times, the prisoners on this floating island would mine precious and extremely rare magical crystals which were unusually abundant there. If the design is the same as it was when it was first set up, the prison is carved into the island itself to help thwart any escape attempts. A small village sits atop the prison where most guards live, as well as a few farmers who help grow enough food to support the whole setup.

    The dust from these crystals is a substance known as Residuum. It's a powder widely used in the enchanting of weapons, armor, and other special items. Darkskye is one of the few legitimate places you can obtain Reisuum outside of having an enchanter break down a magical item.

    Finally, travel to and from the item is done via a teleportation circle. The island is only close enough for the circle to work a few days every month.

    @Oats
    "EH! Back up! I'm old, not blind! And you're smudging up my durn window." The stopper of the bottle opens up and the liquid begins to flow against gravity. It forms an orb about the size of a halfling's head and the face materializes to face Proof. "You can call me Roland, you young fool. I ain't been called blinky before, and I don't plan on startin' any new traditions at this point!"

    The face's mouth opens as if to speak, and then closes after a moment. "Ugh. Look. I'm sorry. I've been in there for... ages, I guess. It makes ya a little cranky to only have yourself for company, you know? Nobody visits me. Not my kids, not anybody else in a flask, nobody." The ancient and watery eyes look up at you. "What's your name, lad? Lass?" he coughs uncomfortably. "I never could tell with dwarves."

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    "Kids! Ha. I know all about them. Or well, I would if I remembered any of my drunken-arena-and-floozy days."

    Proof suddenly realizes he's talking to an aged bottlespirit instead of just a bottle of aged spirits. "I'm Franzibald Densetoe, but everyone just calls me Proof for some reason."

    Having never had a bottle reply so sensibly, Proof pushes his luck. "So, uh, how's being a terrifyingly sapient liquid trapped inside of a bottle? And if you have kids, are there more of ya? Should I look out for any other flasks to keep ya company?"

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    "I had kids once. I think. I don't see the appeal. You feed a tiny person for twenty odd years and then the little bastard wants to fight you and take over your land! To hell with him!"

    The head moves in a manner you'd expect it to when a person is shrugging in a dramatic and overstated fashion. "Eh. Whatever. He's probably dead now anyway. Serves him right. It's nice to meet you, Proof."

    He thinks for a moment. "I've heard of there being more bound ones like me. That's what we call ourselves. Bound to the bottle. We can exist outside of it just fine, but after a while we start to evaporate. Scary stuff, death. But yeah, there are others. Far as I know. There used to be at least. If you come across any others just make sure they're not assholes, right?"

    He glances around at the gathered party. "Interesting crew you've got there. Did you need any info, or did you just want to chat? Not that I particularly mind."

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    "Yeah my crew is looking pretty decent, I think. Say Roland, do you happen to know anything about Sword Point? Or Darkseye Island?"

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    "Sword Point's jus a cliff by the sea. Supposed to be pretty so long as there's no monsters about. And Darkskye? It's supposed to be a prison. Last I heard it was still under construction. Nasty place for nasty people. I wouldn't wanna go there. Why do ya ask?"

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Yancey continually moves around and throughout the group as they travel, checking for trail signs and shortcuts. He essentially never stops talking.

    "Hey guys we should probably leave the road here if we cut through these woods it'll save us an hour because of all these carts and wow that's a lot of wheat I've never seen that much wheat have you? Those oxen are so big we just have ponies at home I think they're a lot prettier but really you big folk can't ride them and Clank probably would have to ride a wagon anyway and hey! We should leave the trail here I see a path through the woods come on!"

    Elemental guy + Wis + Level for a shortcut?

    Geth roll 1d20+10 for No, Really, I Do!

    1d20+10 13 [1d20=3]

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Farkas can't get over the strangeness of his new cape. It moves oddly, like physics decided that it was too busy being correct elsewhere to care about this piece of fabric. But so far, Farkas hadn't noticed anything special about it. But some magic items were like that, some glow, other trapped souls of the dead, some sing. So far this cape just moved weirdly, which if that was the only downside to the cape, Farkas could get use to it. "Hey, Pebbles. How about we take a break talking? Or thinking. Yes, its a new, pretty, crazy big world out here, but on these roads, talking means noise. Noise means people hear you. People are sometimes bandits. And Bandits like to kill you. And don't get wrong, I got no problem with talking; its a personal skill of mine, but sometimes silence is better."

  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Talfryn admires his new blade for a moment before glancing down at his old sword. Having both at hand seems redundant, but he can't bring himself to simply cast aside the weapon that brought him this far. After some thought, he removes the old sword from his waist and ties its with some rope around his pack, then buckles the Orcslayer to his belt. The arrangement looks a bit odd, but is not overly difficult to carry.

    As he tosses the pack over a shoulder, he catches some questioning glances from his companions. "What?" he asks. "You can't tell me you've never seen an elf with two swords before. At least I'm not fool enough to try swinging both of them."

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @Auralynx you manage to get a vague orientation for yourself in relation to your destination. Heading in a straight line is usually the best, but by veering juuuust slightly north, you'll miss a rather nasty bog which will probably make up for the added distance. Probably.

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I'm all for skipping bogs, swamps and muskeg.

    Proof considers smacking the smaller, smellier, talkier halfling. The other halfling snaps slightly sooner. Maybe Talfryn would take a bet one which halfling would kill the other in their sleep. Nah. That level of inter-crew bickering is still probably hours away.

    As daylight begins to fade into dusk*, Proof will cast Dancing Spirit Lights to save on torches. "Anyone need a fill up? Maybe a snack?"

    *Unless something horrible happens first.
    Dancing Spirit Lights is Dancing Lights Proof-style. The lights are vaguely bottle shaped, and they jitter somewhat disconcertingly.

    Oats on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    -Time: Early evening, before sunset-

    After six or seven hours of walking, you see the border of the swamp near the horizon. It looks like you're headed in the right way to avoid it!

    Ahead of you and about 300 yards away you see the beginnings of a small and relatively sparse forest. The few trees that are there are healthy, though. The smallest are about as thick as an orc's leg and the largest are wide enough to hide a horse behind if the angle is right. The sun slowly sinking in the sky casts long shadows and makes shapes seem to blend together.

    Coming out from the edge of the forest as you approach is a robed figure. The clothing is a poor remnant of what it once probably was. The reds and yellows have faded and bleached with sun and age and the sleeves and lower portions of the robe have started to rip and come apart. Visible out of the end of one sleeve is a veiny and wrinkled hand holding onto a long and study-looking walking stick. Liver spots accent the appendage that arthritis has turned into little more than a gnarled claw. The hood angles upwards toward you all and the figure slowly makes its way to you all.

    "Hail! Hello there!" the figure says between raspy coughs. "Haven't seen many people out this way today. What're you lot doing out this far from home?"

    Erin The Red on
    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    Clank steps forward. "Travelling." The automaton indiscreetly examines the robed figure. "You appear to be suffering from advanced geriatrics."

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    "Yes, yes. You do seem to be quite the group, don't you? Where are you going? he says, his hunched posture causing the hood to keep his face in shadow. "Not much out here worth seeing."

    If anyone wants to do a stealth or diplomacy or intimidate or perception etc etc etc check, feel free. You guys can also just converse with the guy.

    Erin The Red on
    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    "To prison, I suppose." Proof stumbles a bit, looking tired.

    "Ya haven't got anything to drink do yeh? I could kill for a strong drink. Or six. Teen."

  • bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    "Sir, you seem to have wandered from your caretaker. Do you remember when you last saw them?"

    3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Yancey sticks his head out from behind Clank.
    "Oooooh, I know the answer to that one. The last time I saw my caretaker was when I was a boy of about six. That was before I wandered off and got lost in the woods. My caretaker was an old, old lady who looked almost as feeble as you but she could still bake cookies and she made excellent cinnamon men for me to eat. Have you ever had cinnamon men? They're really tasty. Haven't been able to find anyone else who makes those ever since.

    So hey are we pretty close to Sword Point, guy? I mean you could assume that was a pun and someone was going to rob us but that wouldn't be very nice, no. So are we there yet?"

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Farkas looks the Old Man over. Too many times he's seen a wizard pop up with a wand and start blasting. Plus, the old guy might have something worth stealing, which is always a bonus. Might as well look for any thing that the cloak isn't hiding just right...
    Professional Thief (+5), Level (+1), Int Mod (-1)

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Looking Closer

    Looking Closer:
    1d20+5 23 [1d20=18]

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    "Going to prison? On purpose? Why would you want to go and do something crazy like that?" he says to proof. "And as far as drinks, I haven't touched them since my wife passed." The already downward-facing hood hangs even lower as the man stares at the ground.

    His gaze turns toward Barthas. "Why of all the nerve- Just because someone is OLD," he hobbles over and pokes Barthas with the end of his walking stick "Doesn't mean he needs a CARETAKER" he says with another firm poke. The man seems a bit stronger and faster than you would expect for someone of his advanced years. Another thing you notice is that you finally got a glimpse of his face. Something about it seemed... wrong. His skin looked loose in the wrong places and tight in even wronger places.

    "Cinnamon men, eh?" he says turning his gaze toward Yancey. "Cain't say I've heard of those. My wife used to make honeybread men. I assume the design is similar. Tasty, they were. Nobody makes them like she used do, I tell ya what!" Hearing the second question, he stops to think for a moment. "Wait, wait, wait. You're going to THAT prison? Why the hells for? If you've got family in there it would probably be better to just write them off as dead. The kind of person who goes to that prison isn't the kind of person you want to have your name tied to."

    @Grunt's Ghosts Only!
    The old man seems off in quite a few ways. The arm holding the walking stick seems to longer than the other. You're not sure what the cause is, but the other arm hasn't poked out of the sleeve even once, and this one has been visible the whole time.

    A slightly more investigative glance than normal at the walking stick reveals that there is a seam in the stick near the handle part. Perhaps it is two pieces of... something that fit inside of each other?

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    "Alright, Old Man." Farkas says as he draws his dagger. "I, unlike the rest of my crew, am not an idiot. No, you walk around with a cane sword, this arm is way, way to long to be human, or elf, or some other civil creature. Now, I believe we need to start hearing what you are and why you are out here before this dagger gets a bit personal with your neck."

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    "I suppose the jig, as they say...." the man pulls back the tattered hood to reveal a grotesque mask made of skin. Wide, ugly stitches join the different patches of flesh together. Heavy laces around the back of the mask affix it firmly to the man's face. "... is up."[/color]

    Figures of different shapes and sizes emerge from behind the nearby bushes and trees. The man's hand makes a strange clicking sound on the walking stick. The top of the stick is pulled back, revealing a menacing looking blade from inside the stick. The man takes a few experimental swings with the sword. His sleeve slides back in the process revealing that the hand that everyone saw was not his hand at all. It was actually part of the grip of the sword.

    "The Lich King has servants he would see freed. We are the ones who will be doing so. We'll need those orders you've got on you to get to the prison. I suppose having some skins to add to my collection won't hurt, though."

    Roll for initiative!

    Erin The Red on
    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
    Kaplar
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Proof spits. A small hint of fire and heat escapes his mouth.

    "Truth be told, a brawl is almost as good as a drink."

    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for initiative

    initiative:
    1d20+1 4 [1d20=3]

    Oats on
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

    Geth roll 1d20+3 for Initiative

    Initiative:
    1d20+3 16 [1d20=13]

Sign In or Register to comment.