Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PbP] 13th Age: Darskye-fall: Into the Wild Wood

1679111223

Posts

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Once again, instead of quick answers Farkas rambles on. "My name I've already given and I have been send here on a mission to provide assistant. What I inquiry about is information about any dangers I might meet, any new, suspicious people who arrived recently, and about the major players among the prison, both staff and population. While a lord or warren might be able to to tell me some of this info, I've found that the guards are the real power behind the throne, so to speak, and really, if you want to talk about time, then those fools will waste mine worst than a riddling Sphinx."

    Erin The Red
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    "Let us start with the former," Talfryn replies. "I imagine there are any number of people who could tell me about this place, but only you can tell me what brought you so far from elvenhome."

    He pauses for a moment, remembering his manners. "Of course, it would be rude of me to ask for your story without at least offering my name in return. I am Talfryn, called the Swanfury."

  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    also, where exactly are we at this point?

    Geographically, or in relation to your orders?

    I meant geographically, but I've got it mostly figured out now

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Busy weekend! Will post tomorrow

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @Grunt's Ghosts
    "Uh... er. Right. Who sent you here, and on what mission? As far as dangers go, if you're on some sort of protection rotation for the prison, you must know what this place is, right? Magic floating sky prison full of people so evil they have to keep them floating thousands of feet above the ground so that they won't be a danger to the general population? EVERYONE that is locked up is a 'major player.' You've got Bartleby the skin-thief, Tork the pillager, Randus the elfslayer, the list goes on and on. I'm in charge of the security here. We call this place the Bastion. Keep this place safe and we can help keep the prison safe. All of the staff and day-to-day nonsense is under my command. I'm second only to the Archmagus. If you want information about what's going on over on Darkskye or anything like that, he'd be the one to talk to. He's usually in his office or his quarters. Both of them are up on the second floor of the transportorium over there. Anything else? I've got some peons to berate." He gives a sidelong glance to the talkative and evasive halfling in front of him.

    @Kilroy
    "Pleased to meet you, Talfryn. It's been a while since I've seen another like myself. My story is not a particularly pleasant one. My family and all of our friends used to reside in the Spider Wood. Monsters came one night and killed nearly all in our city. A fearsome warrior in bloody armor tore through the beasts they could get to me, but he was not quick enough to save my family." She wipes stray tears from her face with the back of her hands and sniffles slightly. Being the last of my bloodline he decided to take me under his care. I've followed him ever since. He's treated me well and I've done my best to help him however I can. He's in charge of most of the operation and is second only to the Archmagus in rank here! It's not the most thrilling job, but Gaston does everything to the fullest extent of his abilities." She coughs a bit and wipes her eyes again. "Forgive me. The subject is still a bit of a sensitive one. The wound may scar, but it will never fully heal."

    "So what brings you to this place? Like you said, we are far from home. Is it an endeavor of great importance?"

    If you guys want to use any of your icon relationship 5's or 6's, lemme know!
    Banked rolls:
    GG -> (-5) Diabolist
    Oats -> (-5) The Three
    Kilroy -> (-5) Orc Lord, (~6) Elf Queen
    Auralynx -> (+5) High Druid

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
  • bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Oats wrote: »
    Proof will excuse himself from the barkeep to go talk to Barthas.

    They've shed blood together now, and Proof is more interested in getting to know him.

    "We're some kind of family now, Red. It's a nasty business, but what the robot and the sociopath said is true. There's more of this to come."

    "An entire family of black sheep, hmm?" Barthas smiles to himself for a moment before looking Proof in the eyes, collected and serious, but not without a hint of bond towards his new ally. "They're right, though... We signed up for this, of course, but it's going to get more interesting than some of us expected, I imagine. Hopefully things will become a bit clearer when we reconvene and meet someone in charge. Until then..." Barthas leans back slightly, taking stock of the patrons... "I find it soothing to watch the world pass you by. Let's get some refreshment."

    3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
    Oats
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @Jdarksun
    "Aye, it is. Nobody gets in there without approval from the Archmagus hisself," a rather portly guard says to you. "You can wait in the hallway, but don't obstruct foot traffic, if you please, uh, sir?" Says a younger halfling in poorly fitted armor. "Hey, uh... wot are you, then?" a human guard in his late 50s asks. "Never seen a man or beast that looks quite like you."

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    "I will wait." Clank moved off to the side, in what it approximated would be an unlikely location for any approaching foot to step. "I am Clank."

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    The guards look at each other and issue a collective shrug. The strange man...thing... is probably better left alone.

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Hey - sorry about the silence. Some fallout from my mother's passing has been getting sorted out in my free time the last little while. Should manage to come up for air in the next couple days.

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @Auralynx no problem at all, man. Take all the time you need. If you would like, we can sort of autopilot you until combat :p

    @bss @Oats
    A wearly looking man walks up to you. "Haven't seen you lot before. If you want food, the mess line is that way," he says as he points to a small line of people moving past a row of pots and pans. "If you need anything else, just let me know."

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
    Oats
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    "Oh cheers mate."

    As the helpful man moves on, "Want me to grab you a bowl Red? I'm guessing you're not big on crowded lines."

    Proof stands up, regains his balance and waddles over to the line.

    He will offer to share some of his contraband with Barthas during supper, then wander outside to try to stargaze, drink, and ponder the cosmos.

    Tonight he will take Barthas' advice and let it all pass him by.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Farkas thanks the Sargent and leaves. No one knew about the Lich Kings minions or their power play at this point. Best keep and eye out. The Thief insteads finds an open bed in the Barracks.

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    The barracks is in the same building as the mess hall. Just down a long hallway. The number of empty beds seems to far outnumber the number of occupied ones. Those not in use have one rather flat-looking pillow near the foot of the bed perched on top of a neatly folded blanket and top sheet.

    If you guys don't have anymore pressing business or inquiries, you can all hit the hay and we can pick things up on the next game day. Save points are infrequent, so make sure you save at the inn! :p

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Real men don't save. Hardcore mode on.

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Eleven dragons of various elements and allegiances all raid the base at the same time :p
    You meant like Dark Souls level hardcore, right?

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Eleven dragons of various elements and allegiances all raid the base at the same time :p
    You meant like Dark Souls level hardcore, right?

    "Hey, Red Dragon! That Green Dragon said your scales looked so dull that fog couldn't see through them. And his horde was bigger than yours. That sounds like a major insult if I ever heard one. Now, I know you guys are here to destory this base but I for one wouldn't stand for that. Plus why do you need eleven of you to destroy this place. You are all the dagon needed. Now, you might not be able to go 10 vs. 1 but I got a plan that will get give you all the power you need. Ever hear of the Breath of the Red Dragon gem? I know a guy who has it. I can get it, but I'll need your help..."

  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    "No, please forgive me. I did not mean to remind you of past hurts. I am glad to hear that you have found a home and a friend.

    "As to myself, I... left the Court several years ago to wage war against the orcs. Since I was unable to rally any of our kith to the cause, I came south to look for allies, and now find myself traveling with a band of misfits on a mission to Darkskye. Which leads me to my second question: could you tell me of this place and its connection to our destination?"

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @Kilroy
    "I do not know how much you are aware of, so please forgive me if I tread on ground you've already walked. Darkskye is a terrible place, first and foremost, and I beg you and your companions to take great care if you must go there." She holds a finger up quickly, asking you to hold for a moment. She reaches into one of the large drawers in her desk and roots around for a second.

    She produces a large, thick scroll and unfurls it onto the table. Plopping some books on the corners, she motions for you to move closer.
    Darkskyemap_zps3bc57cc4.jpg
    "We are right here," she points to the map (Marked by purple x), "And Darkskye is here... somewhere" she motions to an indicated Red circular area.

    She looks at your face for a moment for recognition before continuing. "Darkskye is a floating island. It is held aloft by some form of magic. The Archmagus knows how. The Archmage himself gave him the knowledge. The Archmagus is the keeper of a rune circle in the back of this building that allows transport to and from the island. The island is very very far above the ground. Higher even than any eagle a wizard could ride would hope to reach. When the island gets close enough, the rune circle activates and allows transport back and forth. This only happens two or three times a year and security is greatly increased during these times."

    She rolls the map up tidily and places the books back in a neat pile. She removes a ribbon from her hair and wraps it around the map and then offers it to you.
    "Please, take this. It warms my heart to see another of my kind, and I trust you will need a map more than I will behind this desk."

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Yancey has apparently slipped loose of the group, as he's been AWOL since their arrival.

    A sudden terrible clatter of pots and pans and angry yelling from the general direction of the kitchens, loud enough to be audible from the mess hall, announces the halfling's presence as he bursts from the door behind the serving line. Yancey dives between a soldier's legs with surprising grace, rolls, and looks up at Proof. The halfling is emanating a cloud of flour and other baking supplies and wearing a tremendous grin as he clings to what appears to be an armful of sweets.

    "HeyI'llseeyoulaterwhenwe'relaving, okaybye!"

    He dashes for the door to the mess hall with an angry chef in his wake.

    Auralynx on
    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


    OatsErin The RedbssAnialos
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    "Get back here, ya whoreson!" yells a portly fellow as he waddles after the halfling. He shoves soldiers and workers out of his way as he lumbers as fast as he can. Seeing that the culprit talked to that dwarf, the chef stops next to him.
    "You! Dwarf! Did you..." he wheezes loudly "did you know that runt bastard? You'd.." *wheeze* "you'd better tell me the truth."

    Erin The Red on
    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    Where's the rogue when you really need him?

    "Hard to say. Didn't exactly let me get a good look at him." Burping, Proof pauses for a moment. "If he is who I think he is I you don't want to go after him. Every time he gets a stomach ache he starts biting at people. All feral-like. Seen him take fingers right off!"

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    The chef visibly blanches at the thought of losing fingers.
    "Are you serious? That little thing? I... I don't believe it!"
    He rocks back and forth for a few seconds and then turns around and heads back to the kitchen.
    "Don't pay me near enough for the bullshit I have to put up with, I swear."

    Erin The Red on
    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @BSS
    @Jdarksun
    @Kilroy

    Quick ping to see if you guys want to do anything else before seeking sleep

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Farkas is asleep. Sweets aren't worth stealing unless they are Mermaid Gumdrops. Made from real mermaid tears.

  • bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    Sleep sounds good.

    3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
    Grunt's Ghosts
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    sorry, I've been out of town since friday. my posting will be pretty sporadic until saturday

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Not a problem!
    There doesn't seem to be any opposition to sleep, so I will assume everyone rested.


    You blearily open your eyes as the sunlight blazes through the stone openings in the walls. There are bodies milling about and there's the low mumbling of distant conversation.
    "To your stations! Portal's active! Archmagus is headed to the transport room!"

    @Jdarksun
    Your time in the hallway has been rather uneventful. Whatever idle processes you go through are interrupted when an ornately-robed figure comes down the hallway.
    "Will someone tell me WHY there is a tarnished suit of armor in my hallw-" a flash of realization hits him. "You're one of the dwarven constructs, are you not? I thought all of your kind had vanished. No one has seen one of you in quite an age!" He moves closer to inspect you. His hand glows as he tries to discern the magicks that animate you. He then taps on your chestplate with his staff. The hollow clanking sound seems to satisfy his curiosity for the time being. "What brings you here, golem? I pray for both our sakes you are here for good purposes and not nefarious ones."


    NL_Archmage_08.jpg

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    "I am part of the Darkskye Island protection detail," the automaton explained. "I am waiting for the Archmagus."

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Farkas rises from the bunks and heads towards the portal. Hopefully breakfast will be served soon. There ain't no reason to fight the forces of evil without a full stomach. Heading to the portal, the thief sees his allies making their way throught the crowd. "Anyone see tin bucket? I hope its not being worn by some guard. That would be a hella of a shocking suprise."

    Erin The Red
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    @Jdarksun
    "If you are waiting for the Archmagus, then your wait has ended. Are you part of the group that will be doing threat prevention on Darkskye for us? If you can provide me some form of proof, we can discuss further plans. Time is short, though, so make it fast."

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    It has just occurred to me that Yancey is strongly reminiscent of Kennen from League of Legends, and only going to get more so. I am okay with this.

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    OSvv7zs.png


    OatsErin The Red
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    Proof is vaguely Gragas. We just need to fit Clank up with an extendo-arm, Farkas with a giant knifehand, break Swanfury's sword (but have it reform when he rages) and get Barthas to take some levels in rogue and never stop hiding.

    Proof follows the sounds of groaning halfling, and finds Yancey.

    "Morning, sunshine. It's go time."

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    As Clank converses with the Archmagus a group of soldiers assemble and line both sides of the long hallway leading into the portal chamber.

    The rest of the party sees various guardsmen scurrying about in a bit of disarray. Some are hopping around trying to attach their boots and leg guards. Remains of breakfast are being shoved into mouths and mugs being hurriedly emptied.

    There are some tables in the mess hall with full plates of food and no one sitting at them. This appears to be intentional. Probably the best way to get the large number of staff fed and out the door as quickly as possible.

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Farkas grabs a plate of chow, finding it cold but still edible, before following the guards to the portal. Seeing Clank talking to a mage looking individual Farkas walks up to the animatron. "There you are, Lugnut. Sorry if my friend here is bothering you. He's a bit simple in the head. Few gears are missing with this one."

  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    The Archmagus looks at Farkas with a look of incredulity. "If this is him with 'gears missing,' as you say, I feel quite sorry for anyone opposing him on a good day."
    He closes his eyes and pinches the bridge of his nose for a moment. "Right. No time like the present. How many of you are there? We need to get this transportation done as soon as possible. The longer the portal is open...." he searches for the words to say. "let's just say you want to go while the portal is still accurate."

    The guards in the hallway are beginning their final preparations and going over the procedures together.

    "To the side! Prisoners coming through!" says someone as several cages on wheels are pushed down the hall. In each cage is a hooded figure. Hands are shackled behind backs, legs are shackled together, and each prisoner seems to have an iron choker clamped around their throats with glowing runes. There are three prisoners in all and at least one of them is obviously brimming with magical power.

    The Archmagus scowls as the carts pass by him. The doors to the portal room are opened and a blinding blue-white light hits your face. This portal is putting off IMMENSE energy. A contingent of guards peels away from the walls to surround each cage and as the groups move over glowing runes on the floor there is a few seconds of silence followed by a quick 'POP' sound. One by one, the groups disappear.

    "Go now. Get your allies."

    Help a trans woman (me) afford GRS!
    Hi Santa/Satan!
    Video games -> PSN and Twitch: The_Road_Virus Steam: TheRoadVirus
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    Proof is going to be rousing Yancey and then inspecting the hubbub. Hubbubs are generally where portals hang out. If Yancey is in a sugar-hangover Proof will be carrying him by the scruff of his neck.

    If time isn't a massive issue he'd like to study it, maybe talk magic-stuff with the archmage briefly. If there is a check involved he'd bring out Roland.

Sign In or Register to comment.