As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Eldritch Horror - Now playing! Oscar nomination: The Book Thief

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Minion, roll 1d6 for Cat Burglar action (nick axe)

Cat Burglar action (nick axe):
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

• Options
    Can I use that again? Or was there something about only being able to use an action once?

Maybe I should just go into debt. :lol:

• Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    You can only use a given action once on your turn, yeah.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    You can only go into debt during an Acquire Assets action. That was a special action from your ally so you can't take a debt after failing.

You can perform a regular acquire assets action since you haven't done that yet.

Either way I won't be around the board to to draw new assets for another hour or two.

• Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    Ah, yes, forgot to note my encounter. I'll also take a San Francisco encounter this turn.

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Asset Reserve

(2) Axe: (item-weapon) +2 strength during combat. You may spend 2 sanity to reroll any number of strength dice during combat.
    (3) Puzzle Box (trinket): When you perform a rest action, you may attempt to open the puzzle box with an Observation -2 test. If you pass, discard this card and gain 1 Artifact.
    (3) Arcane Tome (item-tome): Gain +2 Lore when resolving Spells. When you perform a Rest Action, you may test Lore. If you pass, gain 1 spell.
    (1) Arcane manuscripts (item-tome): Gain +1 to Lore for spell checks.

@jdarksun for 2nd action

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I want another shot at the clue here, so Acquire Asset.

Minion, roll 2d6t5 for Acquire Asset

Acquire Asset:
    2d6t5 1 [2d6t5=2, 5]

jdarksun on
  • Options
    Anybody want to chime in on what I should grab? Arcane manuscript, or go into debt for something else? That axe looks great.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    I'd say go into debt and grab the manuscript and the axe. You can always trade it later. Between your burglar and your action, I don't think you'll be resting very much for the puzzle box. You'll probably meet up with someone with a spell to trade the manuscript with later.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    All orders and actions in blue, please. It makes the end of turn update a million times easier.

MrBody on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Asset Reserve

(1) Delivery Service: (service-teamwork) When you gain this car, immediately give any number of Item possessions to another investigator on any space. Then discard this card.
    (3) Puzzle Box (trinket): When you perform a rest action, you may attempt to open the puzzle box with an Observation -2 test. If you pass, discard this card and gain 1 Artifact.
    (3) Arcane Tome (item-tome): Gain +2 Lore when resolving Spells. When you perform a Rest Action, you may test Lore. If you pass, gain 1 spell.
    (4) Urban Guide (ally): If you are in a City space, all investigators on your space roll 1 additional die when resolving tests except when resolving Other World encounters.

MrBody on
  • Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Alright then, let's close some gates!

Shaman actions:

Move to Istanbul
    Acquire assets.

Geth, roll 2d6

2d6 5 [2d6=2, 3]

• Options
    Balls. I think I'll discard Urban Guide unless there are any objections. I'll also have a Other World encounter.

@Neaden

• Options
    Just a reminder, if you have a debt then you can spend an action to pass an Influence test and get rid of it.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Asset Reserve

(1) Delivery Service: (service-teamwork) When you gain this car, immediately give any number of Item possessions to another investigator on any space. Then discard this card.
    (3) Dynamite (item-weapon): Action- Each monster on your space loses 3 health, then discard this card.

MrBody on
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Just as a reminder, we should keep track of discarded ally cards, as The Expedition Leader (jdark) can use his ability to grab them.

• Options
    Just as a reminder, we should keep track of discarded ally cards, as The Expedition Leader (jdark) can use his ability to grab them.

Oh yeah good catch, keeping that in mind.

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Hmmm,I'm not really sure what to do right now to be honest, I guess I should head for London to close the gate?
    Mark Harrigan, the Soldier
    Buy Ships ticket, then head to London
    @Bedlam

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Lola Hayes "The Actress"

Geth roll 5d6t5 to Acquire Assets

to Acquire Assets:
    5d6t5 3 [5d6t5=6, 6, 4, 4, 5]

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Acquire Arcane Tome
    Move to Shanghai
    Encounter Shanghai encounter

Wanna meet that tome. Get all up in its secrets.

Bedlam on
  • Options
  • Options
    Asset Reserve

(1) Lucky Rabbit's Foot (trinket): Once per round, you may reroll any 1 die when resolving a test.
    (3) Dynamite (item-weapon): Action- Each monster on your space loses 3 health, then discard this card.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    BEDLAM!!!!!

• Options
    Life getting a tad dull Brobifett? What you need is a puzzle box! It has prizes inside! Way better for you than some dusty old book! Also maybe you will open an alternate dimension and some guy with needles in his face will have sex with you...I think.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    :|

I have 4 Lore BASE. I could have guaranteed a new spell every turn. And then when resolving spells I would have been rolling 6D6 to resolve it. Which is even better considering I already have a spell that lets me protect all of you

That Tome was perfect for me and YOU STOLE IT!

edit: And the Puzzle Box is pointless, I have the worst Observation and have no chance of opening it. >.<

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ahem. "Acquired"

And I am willing to trade or possibly gift it to you in the future.

Counter Edit: I have worse observation than you :P

Bedlam on
  • Options
    dammit bedlam

The Psychic
    Move to Arkham
    Pick up a Ship Ticket

Named City Encounter

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    There's always the delivery service.

Books are for nerds anyways. Some monster is totally going to dump them on the floor.

MrBody on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Bedlam

<3

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    First, I will travel to London. Then cast Feed the Mind on myself, targeting Lore. I will Zap the Mi Go with Wither and then (if I win) take a London encounter.

Geth roll 4d6

No reroll with assistant, obviously!

4d6 22 [4d6=5, 6, 5, 6]

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    First, I will travel to London. Then cast Feed the Mind on myself, targeting Lore. I will Zap the Mi Go with Wither and then (if I win) take a London encounter.

Geth roll 4d6

3+ Successes:

You manipulate memories and potential knowledge with a practiced ease. The chosen investigator may improve 1 additional skill of his choice.

(note: Feed the mind is a Lore -1 test. You only should have rolled 3 dice. The first 3 were successes so it doesn't matter this time)

MrBody on
  • Options
    MrBody wrote: »

Geth roll 4d6

3+ Successes:

You manipulate memories and potential knowledge with a practiced ease. The chosen investigator may improve 1 additional skill of his choice.

(note: Feed the mind is a Lore -1 test. You only should have rolled 3 dice. The first 3 were successes so it doesn't matter this time)

Does this happen whenever 3+ successes happen? Regardless of the test?

• Options
    It's different for every spell.

• Options
    MrBody wrote: »

Geth roll 4d6

3+ Successes:

Oops, sorry. Do I lose the spell or do I get to keep it?

• Options
    Keep

• Options
    Neaden wrote: »
    Hmmm,I'm not really sure what to do right now to be honest, I guess I should head for London to close the gate?
    Mark Harrigan, the Soldier
    Buy Ships ticket, then head to London

Wouldn't it have been a better idea to stay in Rome and have a research encounter @Neaden?

Just throwing the idea out there. I guess you or me could have one there next turn...

• Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    Research is more important than gates.

ACsTqqK.jpg