I have created a weekly schedule for myself that covers the next three months (12 weeks total). Our kindly overseer @Iruka
has agreed to temp-ban me for a period of roughly two weeks
for every week that I miss a deadline, immediately following the missed deadline.
Rules and Info
- Work must be posted in this thread by 11:59PM EST on the day it is due. I can post it a little earlier if I finish the task early.
- Hitting deadlines will be the main priority. If I'm not happy with a piece but it is due, I will have to post it regardless. The other priority is to teach myself to stop worrying if something is perfect or not, and just make art
- If I don't put my full effort into something but I still complete the task, I will only be hurting myself. I want to not do this.
- In the event that I am banned, I will spend those ~2 weeks working, and will ask that @Iruka
un-ban me before the upcoming deadline (perhaps the day of, or the night before). I will post two weeks' worth of work at that time. I will have to skip over a deadline in the process, but I'll be honest if I met the deadline at home or not.
- In the event that some unforeseen circumstance occurs and prevents me from posting by the deadline, I will make every effort to post ASAP, but it will be up to Iruka to decide my fate.
- Critiques are welcome, as always...but due to the speedy nature of this thread, I may
not have time to implement 'em sometimes. I would still love to hear them though.
- This will be a trial run through the end of March. There is a chance that I'll continue afterwards, but I figured I'd try it this way first. With banning.
- I got inspired to do this after reading a silly-but-helpful blog post about why procrastinators do what they do, and how they might be able to break the cycle. One of the suggestions was to make a specific list like this, with specific deadlines.
January - [Character Design]Week 1: Pick a character prompt. Do thumbs/silhouettes. [Friday the 10th] *** COMPLETE *** Week 2: Decide on design. Complete linework. [Saturday the 18th] *** COMPLETE *** Week 3: Begin rendering. WIP due. [Friday the 24th] *** COMPLETE *** Week 4: Finish rendering. [Friday the 31st] *** COMPLETE *** Deadlines Met = 4/4February - [Anatomy Studies]Week 1: Gestures. 1-5 minutes each. Minimum of 50. [Friday the 7th] *** COMPLETE ***
- - - - -Week 2: (travel + vacation + birthday) I really have no idea how much time I'll have during this week. I'm going to say a minimum of 3 anatomy/figure drawings, each taking no fewer than 10 minutes (more will be done if I have time). I'll try to upload a temporary picture from my phone as proof, as I will be nowhere near a scanner. [Sunday the 16th] *** COMPLETE ***
- - - - -Week 3: Hand and feet studies. Minimum 20 hands, 10 feet. [Saturday the 22nd] *** COMPLETE *** Week 4: Faces. Minimum of 8, different races/ages. [Monday the 3rd] *** COMPLETE *** Deadlines Met = 4/4March - [Character in Environment] *** UltraSad UltraFail Hiatus ***
Week 1: Pick prompt. Do composition thumbs. Minimum of 8. [Monday the 10th]
Week 2: Pick comp. Complete linework. [Monday the 17th]
Week 3: Begin rendering. WIP due. [Monday the 24th]
Week 4: Finish rendering. [Monday the 31st]Deadlines Met = 0/4April - [Character in Environment]
*** Hiatus Over!
[Week 1: Post an update. [Monday the 7th] check
[Week 2: Post an update. [Monday the 14th] check
[Week 3: Post an update. [Monday the 21st]
[Week 4: Post an update. Should be at least
partially rendered by this stage.[Monday the 28th]Deadlines Met = 2/4