As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands 2] Pre-Sequel lands on the goddamn moon. Now with Improved Drop Rates!

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Did your save get set to read only? :P

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Did your save get set to read only? :P

...you may be onto something there. I'm going to check that out when I get home, because I would not be surprised. I've actually had to make games run as an Administrator due to upgrades I've made and the update to Windows 10.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    @bloodatonement, you magnificent bastard. I elevated TPS to Admin mode, and now I can save my game again!

Obviously that's not the perfect solution and I'm going to have to see about fixing permissions on my savegame folders, but you've given me the fix for the problem!

Thanks!

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Tales from the Borderlands is downloading Episode 4 right now.
    8bteg2l50eda.png

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    TftB is 5 episodes, right? So close to being able to play the whole game! Played Episode one a loooong time ago, so I'll probably just start over once the last episode releases.

Also, :I <- My face when I got to Frostburn Canyon and realized that two thirds of my equipped weapons were fire elemental. That last weapon that was normal damage? A Hyperion sniper rifle... yeah...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    TFTB EPISODE 4 MAJOR SPOILERS:
    ;_________;
    FUCK
    EVERYTHING
    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/424815928357294245/A6C566385C8890B9736722F9F3ABD7819301672A/

Probably the most meta thing Telltale has ever done, lol. This whole episode had more 4th-wally stuff than usual, with the way Jack fucked up your dialog choices at the end, or when someone actually says "I will remember this." http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/424815928357295012/31BADA9CB9C9ADA50799CB936E592D4DF758625A/

I didn't think they would actually kill him off. Like, in a spinoff game about the series, they killed a major character from BL1 and 2. Holy shit.
    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/424815928357301221/4BDC79D629ED631E2925FA9C6A4C9486FD0129E5/

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Fan. Goddamned. Tastic. Thank you to whoever told me TFTB was worth downloading. So good.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    TFTB EPISODE 4 MAJOR SPOILERS:
    ;_________;
    FUCK
    EVERYTHING
    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/424815928357294245/A6C566385C8890B9736722F9F3ABD7819301672A/

Probably the most meta thing Telltale has ever done, lol. This whole episode had more 4th-wally stuff than usual, with the way Jack fucked up your dialog choices at the end, or when someone actually says "I will remember this." http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/424815928357295012/31BADA9CB9C9ADA50799CB936E592D4DF758625A/

I didn't think they would actually kill him off. Like, in a spinoff game about the series, they killed a major character from BL1 and 2. Holy shit.
    http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/424815928357301221/4BDC79D629ED631E2925FA9C6A4C9486FD0129E5/

FURTHER SPOILERS CLICK AT OWN RISK
    I.....

I chose to rule. The intent being to try making everything better.

I don't think it will work out how I want, but ill stick with the choice for ep 5.

Scooter, may the cars be fast and the women be only distantly related. You will be missed.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Tales is probably my favorite borderlands game

and i've played a lot of borderlands

gibe me episode 5 now pls

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    "What was that thing you launched? Something about anime?"

So, guessing from how Rhys has been dressed in the "present", I'm guessing he's going to end up grabbing that Atlas stock certificate when things go south in 5.

Because let's face it, they're totally going to. Curious how that chapter's going to play out, especially if you back out from jacking Jack in.

EDIT:
    Oh, SHIT. I just realized... that copy of Jack?

I think it was made before Borderlands 2 happened.

HE DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT ANGEL.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »

So, guessing from how Rhys has been dressed in the "present", I'm guessing he's going to end up grabbing that Atlas stock certificate when things go south in 5.

Because let's face it, they're totally going to. Curious how that chapter's going to play out, especially if you back out from jacking Jack in.

EDIT:

OH FUCK YOU'RE RIGHT
    I JUST THOUGHT ABOUT THAT SIDEQUEST

Oh man, what if that revelation is what causes shit to go down in 5

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

EDIT:

OH FUCK YOU'RE RIGHT

I just hope digi-jack stays around for future main line games

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I think that since (episode 4 spoilers)
    Most of the story is told as a flash-back from character PoV, it's entirely possible Fiona and Rhys are mistaken or lying about Scooter's death.

It also makes me think the guy under the mask might be Scooter.

RT800 on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Spoit wrote: »

EDIT:

OH FUCK YOU'RE RIGHT

I just hope digi-jack stays around for future main line games
    I would be more than OK with the series being done with him after this. 3 games is enough Jack for me, heh.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Whoever does the musical title sequences for Tales needs a promotion.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Tales Current Chapter
    I'm thinking the person in the mask is Felix.

Other than that.... holy fuck. Between Scooter's death, the Finger-gun Fight, and "I AM GODDAMNED HANDSOME JACK~!", this is one of the best section of a game in the history of Borderlands. Maybe tied with BL2's A Train to Catch-Rising Action-Bright Lights, Flying City.

Oh, and
    I figured the rocket launch would be the title sequence, and it didn't disappoint in the slightest. Though I thought the whole thing would be earlier in the chapter.

sig.gif
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Saw it discounted, so I got Tales, and I've just started.
    I'm only just past the fight with Grease-Face (What? He's got a greasy face), and I want Loader-Bot to be the main character.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    soryuurengazansoryuurengazan Registered User regular
    How does the pre-sequel hold up to BL2?, how cool are the classes and such?
    Thankfully, they fixed the loot, but what about the tedious difficulty in new game +?, i remember that being one of my major issues

PSN:CuyoSentinel
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Thankfully, they fixed the loot, but what about the tedious difficulty in new game +?, i remember that being one of my major issues

Gladiator is a lot of fun for me, and one of the capstone skills *almost* makes you feel like an Mass Effect vanguard

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    klemming wrote: »
    Saw it discounted, so I got Tales, and I've just started.
    I'm only just past the fight with Grease-Face (What? He's got a greasy face), and I want Loader-Bot to be the main character.

Loaderbot is seriously MVP in that series.

Also, re: Grease Face
    If you don't call him that, his title card has his actual name, Rudiger

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

I'm not sure I could go back to BL2's jumping. Once you get use to the low gravity mobility in pre-sequel it is civilization. The classes are arguably better and having your character actually have a personality and talk is just awesome. However, the campaign sadly lacks a lot of the set pieces that were present in BL2 making it feel less memorable. I don't think NG+ difficulty was too bad once you are probably equipped. A really enjoyable experience and with the price coming down and deeps sales I'd heartily suggest it for anyone who has been waiting to scratch that Borderlands itch since 2.

As for DLC, the Jack Doppelganger is awesome while Lady Hammerlock voice actress was...sub-par. I don't think I've played the Holodrome Onslaught but the Claptastic Voyage I've heard very good things. Probably best to get the season pass on a good sale as well.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Up to halfway through Episode 3, and I already know I'm going to be going back through this to see how things change.
    I do have some speculation which I'm sure everyone else has gone over months ago, though:
    Looking back, I don't think Helios has been visible in any of the 'present-day' scenes. Considering that it's been visible in virtually every outside shot set before that, I find it highly suspicious.
    We're totally going to blow up a space station, aren't we?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Why is Elpis's wildlife so terrible? It feels like Kraggons exist in the first area to train you that 90 percent of combat encounters in low gravity should consist entirely of butt stomps, and in areas after that just to actively make the game worse.

Edit: Though I do like that quest that explains why the pointlessly obnoxious Threshers existed in Borderlands 2. Still, I'd have preferred them fixing the issue with their monster design rather than making fun of it.

jothki on
  • Options
    soryuurengazansoryuurengazan Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

I'm not sure I could go back to BL2's jumping. Once you get use to the low gravity mobility in pre-sequel it is civilization. The classes are arguably better and having your character actually have a personality and talk is just awesome. However, the campaign sadly lacks a lot of the set pieces that were present in BL2 making it feel less memorable. I don't think NG+ difficulty was too bad once you are probably equipped. A really enjoyable experience and with the price coming down and deeps sales I'd heartily suggest it for anyone who has been waiting to scratch that Borderlands itch since 2.

As for DLC, the Jack Doppelganger is awesome while Lady Hammerlock voice actress was...sub-par. I don't think I've played the Holodrome Onslaught but the Claptastic Voyage I've heard very good things. Probably best to get the season pass on a good sale as well.
    That's good to hear, i'll definitely get it when it's on sale, shame i missed the recent Humble sale

PSN:CuyoSentinel
  • Options
    If you know someone who bought the BL humble bundle, they should have a code to get the pre-sequel for 10 from the humble store. looks like it's a steam key

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The credits music scene for Tales From the Borderlands Episode 4 makes the slapdash, shitty one from The Pre-Sequel look even worse by comparison. Shape up, Gearbox, guest devs are better at your IP than you are...

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Gearbox didn't make that credits sequence....

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Yeah, that was 2k Australia, not Gearbox proper.

sig.gif
  • Options
    But yeah, all of the tales titles cards have been top notch (I still like ep 2's the best though)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    But yeah, all of the tales titles cards have been top notch (I still like ep 2's the best though)

Kiss the Sky is not a song I ever expected to hear in a game, much less a Borderlands game.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I like the Pre-Sequel title sequence. Telltale has been knocking it out of the park, but all of the Borderlands title sequences range from good to excellent.

• Options
    Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the song from BL2's opening, but taken as a whole, it was enjoyable.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    CATCH A RIDE... to the silver screen.

Apparently Lionsgate is developing a Borderlands movie.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

Huh. I'm not sure how to feel about that. It's certainly possible that a good movie could be made from the Borderlands universe.

This, about one of the people working on the film, does not give me great confidence:
    article wrote:
    His first feature outside Marvel was 2007’s “Bratz: The Movie,” which was released by Lionsgate.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    You can get Tales from the Borderlands for $7 using the Telltale Build a Bundle at the Humble Store. Just add Tales and 2 of the $.99 games and the total will be $6.99

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

I have my doubts that anything will come of this, but I'd love to see a Borderlands movie happen. Tales from the Borderlands is a good example of how "cinematic" stories can be told in that universe.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Nobody's gonna...? Alright, guess it's up to me.

They already made four of these movies. Two of 'em were really good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti6rG4NmsyM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdv5EtZQ6jg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFxpdn5iq8Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJnMQG9ev8

• Options
    At least it'll probably be R-rated, according to Randy at the panel so, that's something I guess.

• Options
    Alright casting time.

Thor Bjornsson as Brick
    Olivia Wilde as Lillith
    The Rock as Rolland
    Matthew Mcconaughey as Mordicia
    Larry the Cable Guy as Scooter(because Hollywood would do this to us)
    Molly Shannon as Tannis
    Glenn Close as Steele
    Jet Li as Zer0
    Jamie Alexander as Maya
    DJ Cotrona as Axton
    Victor Ortiz as Sal
    Chloe Mortzen as Tina
    Kyle McLachlan as Jack
    Dakota Fanning as Angel
    Jenny Slate as Gaige
    Carrot Top as Krieg

Zdy0pmg.jpg