As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Honestly I felt bad for people at that game, it was shitty out for most of the day. Like I took my dog for a 5 minute walk and I was miserable the whole time (my corgi on the other hand decided every god damn thing in the neighborhood needed smelling).

That was the weather I hate the most in Washington, the drizzly crap is dreary, but that shit when its pounding rain and blustery wind? Yeah thats for the fucking birds.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    the hawks have the potential to put up big numbers, they're just incredibly inconsistent

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I think Dilfer said it best this morning on the Herd. While the passing offense might be lacking, the running offense is still one of the best in the league, they do not make game changing mistakes. This puts the burdeon on the defense. And if not for 3 unlucky/wierd bounces the Hawks would have had 3 more turnovers and probably 8 less points scored against in the Saints game. That and Tate was blanketed all game by one of the better corners in the game the last month or so and Percy got shouldered to mouth twice.

The last game the 9ers had Aldon, Crabtree and Co. At home. Won by two late. Home field supposudly gives 3 points or so. The game should be a close one decided by 5 or less IMHO.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Either way the superbowl will be a superbowl winning vet, vs a hungry rookie. Somewhere the NFL head office is masturbating furiously.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I heard legend that if you go to a Papa John's late a night and say "Omaha" three times into a mirror, Payton Manning will appear.

http://on.nfl.com/1ay0GDb

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Ok seriously this shit about Omaha is retarded, jesus.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Wilson should call out washington state cities so he can say them wrong and have the entire state burn him for it!

Its Spoke Can!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NW cities are interesting to hear individuals pronounce for the first time.

• Options
    It makes me sad that people think of Frasier when they think of Seattle if only because clearly no one from that show spent any time up here they screwed up simple city names all the time. Like Spokane, thats not even getting into stupid like Puyallup, or Sequiem (which I've heard pronounced 3 THREE! seperate fucking ways).

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    seattle sports fans can't be the new pats fans because they were obnoxious even when the team was bad

ed: well, now that I think about it, maybe they can be the new pats fans

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Sequim is a trap, though.

Not like Hoquiam.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    I'm just happy no one from sequim will ever do anything in life, because again its a dumb town with dumbness. Like Ballard only stupider.

I wonder if the sports casters will even talk about the NFC game since the AFC game is the most espn thing ever.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Cle Elem! Cle Elem! SKYKOMISH 42! Mead Mead Right Hut!

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    The five people in those towns would sploosh.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Don't kid yourself. They don't have a television.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Spokane is the bigger trap. A name of a city for a local tribe that was put into english wrong. Whenever I have to fly and I hear them pronounce it Spo kane I do not care too much. It is how it looks. At lest Hoquiam and Sequim sound somewhat like they are spelled.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    You must be pronouncing sequim like a real person and not like the mongoloids over their pronounce it.

Anyway, I'm sick and tired of hearing about Peyton and Omaha. I want him to be talking about losing to the pats and how he'll be back next year.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Apple apple apple!

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    This is just a random side note, but Golden Tate sounds exactly like Jordan Peele from Key and Peele.

Like, yeah that's all I have.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Why is this Omaha thing a big deal suddenly? I mean, that Omaha Steaks tweet was funny, but what's up?

I think Payton and Eli have been using it since forever, right? Doesn't it just mean "snap the ball on one"?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Why is this Omaha thing a big deal suddenly? I mean, that Omaha Steaks tweet was funny, but what's up?

I think Payton and Eli have been using it since forever, right? Doesn't it just mean "snap the ball on one"?

http://deadspin.com/what-does-peyton-mannings-omaha-mean-1500350494

Essentially he uses it all the time and sometimes follows it with a hard count to make the defense jump

Arch,
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Denver is the only team I want to see win the Superbowl this year.

And this is coming from someone who has always despised the donkeys.

• Options
    I can't imagine why anyone would want to see frankenhead mcshillsalot win anything other than most herpes riddled dick competitions.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Tell us how you really feel, preach.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Denver is the only team I want to see win the Superbowl this year.

And this is coming from someone who has always despised the donkeys.

Meh. I hope they get crushed so I can see the frown on Elways stupid face. I am an old school Seahawk fan afterall. But that also means if the Seahawks lose I would have root for the 9ers and the resulting 9er fanbase being even more isufferable.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    We love you guys too. :P

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Oh I know it is mutual. :) But as I have said before you guys are cool here. It is everywhere else on the web that anything Seahawk related gets the trophies posted in it by some random fan.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    The only sane option is to root for the patriots, they represent all that is good and virtuous in professional sports

They are eminently rootable

They come from the handsomest and most likeable part of the country

Even if I was a fan of another team I would want the pats to beat us

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    It is manifest destiny that we patriots go west and take what is rightfully ours, decreed by god himself

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    My next door neighbor is a Pats fan. If we make it to the Superbowl and the Pats make it, there's gonna be two weeks of sitcom-like hilarity going on in the neighborhood. Hijinks even.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    It is manifest destiny that we patriots go west and take what is rightfully ours, decreed by god himself

plus i mean mr kraft is such a noble soul

that kid with progeria that just passed? mr kraft wants to win it for him

it breaks his heart that wes welker personally shit on his deceased wive's grave at the super bowl

poor mr kraft

not even his 40 year younger gf can salve the would

only a super bowl victory can mend that broken, noble heart

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Someone needs to high 5 Brady first.

• Options
    I wouldn't outright hate the 49ers, if it weren't for the constant stupid fucking nicknames they use when referring to the seahawks. They're like fucking little kids on the internet, they have to come up with some shitty nickname.

Seahacks
    Shehawks
    Seadderal whatever
    et al.

If they didn't constantly use that shit ALL THE FUCKING TIME ALWAYS, then I wouldn't probably hate their fanbase as much as I do.

Arch,
  • Options
    Oh I figure at this point no one is high fiving Brady in hopes of not jinxing the team.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Sea Chicken is the old school name my dad would call them.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Just do it back, its so easy. here are two names I came up with in literally 5 seconds

Sham Francisco
    The Forty Whiners

Seadderall is clever though I've always liked that one

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I don't normally go for derisive nicknames like that

but seadderal makes me chuckle every time

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Ive seen the 40 whiners used by my more troll oriented constituents pretty regularly. And Seachickens was actually used by Seahawk fans back in the dark days. Like Cougin it.

• Options
    Cougin it, the most washington state term there is.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    cheese and whiners

also if i were a denver fan i would so stalk out brady, run up, smack his hand

HI FIVE, BITCH!

9pr1GIh.jpg?1