Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[The Resistance: Avalon] Evil Wins. Arthur strangled. Merlin indicted for campaign fraud.

1910111315

Posts

  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    I think everyone has stopped listening, Kaneski. Seeing as you're a spy and all.

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • DavoidDavoid Registered User regular


    Was listening to this, made me think of this game

    rqv6.png
  • KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    Yeah, well, at this point your collective hardon for me being a bad guy has lasted more than 4 hours and you should seek medical attention.

    jdarksunMikey CTS
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    I actually just have one last important question for Kaneski. A, B, or C?

    A:
    jet-bus.jpg
    B:
    Vaters_Higher_Education_Monster_Bus_4-4-11_1.jpg
    C:
    234991-castz.png

  • KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    Like that's a contest. C.

    Sokpuppet
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Brilliant! Except Rhan saying I'm Good does nothing to clear you and Rhan, and losing this one is game over.

    While we don't have anything specific to clear rhan other than kaneski's word, I think based on his voting patterns and general behaviour that he is good

    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    That's complicated. Normally I would think he would be evil at this point, however normally I would also think that an evil who started with the Lady wouldn't be so obvious, to maximize its advantage; unless he's passing it along the evil team, but I don't really suspect you either, so I consider that path unlikely. A bit of a wine-in-front-of-me situation, true

    Additionally, I also find hedge kind of sketchy, but given the intensity of the attacks and the fact that kaneski initiated them, I'm pretty sure they're not both evil.

    Hid voting patterns definitely scream evil though - rejecting everything except the one truly doomed mission? So I would have to go with that if I had to choose one definitively I guess. That doesn't invalidate the logic behind his plan though

    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
  • KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    I'll restate for the record - the team proposed by Mikey was the truly doomed mission, and if Hedge's one didn't come through the way it did - I had every reason to think the same team would be sent by Jdark, and no reason to think otherwise, given Jdark's expressed opinion. Not only that, Mikey's suggested team, if it went ahead, would net no new information for me.

    Also, voting patterns - you approved 3+1, which was truly doomed. So there. You did it 'for information'. Ditto, only I had the lady, used it, and knew I could do the current proposed plan.

  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    It was at least mathematically possible for the 3+1 team to not contain a spy

    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
    jdarksun
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Hedge outed himself as evil, actually.
    With this post;
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    I'm just dying to get to the end of this game just to see which of you two is full of shit.


    The logic being that if he was good, we would have to both be full of shit since we're both calling him evil.
    If he were evil, he would also already know which of us is evil. So either way, the post is designed to obfuscate.

  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I mean, I didn't even want the first mission to go through since it didn't include the leader, but it did and we were stuck with it. If we had gone with a completely different team for mission 2 then we wouldn't have gotten any real info

    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
    jdarksun
  • KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Hedge outed himself as evil, actually.
    With this post;
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    I'm just dying to get to the end of this game just to see which of you two is full of shit.


    The logic being that if he was good, we would have to both be full of shit since we're both calling him evil.
    If he were evil, he would also already know which of us is evil. So either way, the post is designed to obfuscate.

    Heh, I totally parsed that as calling the accusations between us, not us of him.

  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    The latter is what I intended. I really want to know whether Sok is right about Kaneski or Kaneski about Sok.

    Hedgethorn on
  • KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Phyphor wrote: »
    It was at least mathematically possible for the 3+1 team to not contain a spy

    If it were randomly picked, sure. Votes from mission 1 made that very unlikely.

    Heh, just thinking about it, if I wasn't the 2nd person to compose teams and I never got my 2.1 composition, I probably wouldn't even lady Rhan. I'd Lady Sokpuppet, probably, to see if Mission 1 was a fluke of appointments. EDIT: And if Sok turned out good - Davoid would be evil; if Sok turned out evil - probably Rhan would be evil. Broberon notwithstanding.

    Kaneski on
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    I can still be LotL'd after mission 4.

  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    I'm gonna go ahead and suggest a team nomination take place by, say, tonight? I don't want to rush the bickering but sometimes these things grind to a stalemate.

    KaneskiRhan9
  • KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    I can still be LotL'd after mission 4.

    Aye, you may. Thing is... if you're evil, LotLing you doesn't really clear another person. Don't get me wrong - if you are good, then huzzah! 5 man team is go. But if evil... it doesn't clear Davoid. On the other hand, LotLing one of Kirindal and Megamek (and probably Mikey) clears either the person, or the other. Like... LotLing Kirindal - if evil, odds are high that Megamek is clear, and vice versa.

  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Kaneski wrote: »
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    I can still be LotL'd after mission 4.

    if you're evil, LotLing you doesn't really clear another person.

    Ummm.
    Doesn't this phrase practically prove that I'm not evil?

    Sokpuppet on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    So one of {Kaneski, Davoid, Rhan9, Sokpuppet} and one of {Kirindal, Megamek, Mikey CTS, Phyphor} are bad.

    I'm positively biased towards Phyphor due to other games, so if he's feeding me bad advice? Well played.

    The team I'm leaning towards is myself, Rhan9, Phyphor, <Kaneski || Hedge>, and <Megamek || Mikey CTS>. Advice and the reasons for (or against) a player is appreciated, especially if it considers voting pattern.

    I'm strongly leaning towards Hedge over Kaneski, but am willing to be swayed.

  • KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    That should be 'one or more' of X are bad. And the 2nd bad is likely to be the Bro, based on voting.

    Because if it is just one out of each group - Hedge and... er.. you... are the other 2 bads.

    Other than that - I got nothing to add for my thoughts or reasons. Said everything I can squeeze out by logic and my subjective knowledge.

    Kaneski on
    Sokpuppet
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    Kaneski wrote: »
    Other than that - I got nothing to add for my thoughts or reasons. Said everything I can squeeze out by logic and my subjective knowledge.
    Let's Pretend that I may have glossed over prior logic.

  • KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Nah, I get to blame you for failure this way, rather than other way around. :D

    Kaneski on
  • KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    Pick well and we won't lose!

  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    Proposal: jdarksun, Rhan9, Phyphor, Captain Hedgethorn, and Megamek.

    Fetch me a shrubbery.

  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Kaneski wrote: »
    That should be 'one or more' of X are bad. And the 2nd bad is likely to be the Bro, based on voting.

    Because if it is just one out of each group - Hedge and... er.. you... are the other 2 bads.

    Other than that - I got nothing to add for my thoughts or reasons. Said everything I can squeeze out by logic and my subjective knowledge.

    Wait, wait, wait...

    this is plausible. Fuck. Help me reconstruct this. If it's Jdark Hedge, where does that leave us?
    Oh wait - it leaves us back at Kaneski being evil. Rhan would have to be lying about Jdark, so Kaneski would have to be lying about Rhan...

    Sokpuppet on
  • Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Hedge seems evil from everything so far in the thread, so that would make it only necessary for one more person to be evil in the team for it to fail. We know little about Megamek, so the question would be about Phyphor more than anything.

    Seeing how bloody devious Phyphor is in other games, his apparent GOODness in this makes me want to think that he's evil. Because he's devious.

    I've got no proof, however. Just a gut instinct that this team is risky.

    Rhan9 on
  • KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Last time Phyphor tried to devious something, he walked himself right out the Battlestar Airlock. I take your point though. Sadly - other than than yes votes on 2.2 and 3.1 - not much to hang on him.

    And yeah - with Hedge around, this is potentially game-ending.

    Kaneski on
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    The problem is that leadership passes to Kirindal and then Megamek anyway.
    Seems unlikely that we'd pass a Kirindal proposed team. And it also seems unlikely that we'd reject three or four votes in a row, based on what we've seen. So even if Megamek's not on the team he may be deciding it.

    We'll see. :\

  • KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    This is just 4.1 though. If we go on the Reject Train, Kirindal will be 4.2, Mega - 4.3, Phyphor 4.4 and last case... Rhan 4.5.

  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    We've rejected two votes total. It is not confidence-inspiring.

    Sokpuppet on
  • KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    Tell that to your 3/5 accept votes :P

  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    No one who held their tongue while I was soliciting info gets to complain. I was working against a hard deadline, and the only person to talk refused discussion.

    Quit muddying the waters.

  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Hey! I set a very soft deadline!

    IT WAS BASICALLY A MARSHMALLOW.

    Professor Phobos on
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    I'm not sure, jdark. There is definitely a spy on that team. Probably only one, though. The problem is, a lot of those people are likely to end up on the final mission, which does not have a safety buffer like this mission does.

    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    Yea, I am not really worried about 4.1

    The problem is if we don't lose this round, we end up at 5.1 without much more to go on.

    We can afford to miss one blue member on 5.1 in a 10 player game, which is a nicety, but it's not much wiggle room. It's better than the games where you have to choose all blue team members for the final mission though, ha ha ha.

    rqv6.png
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Davoid wrote: »
    Yea, I am not really worried about 4.1

    The problem is if we don't lose this round, we end up at 5.1 without much more to go on.

    We can afford to miss one blue member on 5.1 in a 10 player game, which is a nicety, but it's not much wiggle room. It's better than the games where you have to choose all blue team members for the final mission though, ha ha ha.

    Well, this round is actually interesting in that a single baddie may just put in a fail anyway in the hope that broberon is in the team too and failing, so we might get some info

    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
  • KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    No one who held their tongue while I was soliciting info gets to complain. I was working against a hard deadline, and the only person to talk refused discussion.

    Quit muddying the waters.

    Here's how THAT discussion would go:

    Me: "Hedge is bad because of his votes early, his contradictory reasons, failed attempt to defend them and the 'hope the good guys know they'll need me' post which I took as conceding. Plus, you know, 3.2"

    Jdark: "a bad guy would totally say that"

    Me: Restate my whole subjective reasons gor acting and voting like I did

    Jdark: "OMG a bad guy would TOTALLY say that"

    Me: point out the Mastermind Powers needed to predict other behaviour if I were planning something instead of playing straight.

    Jdark: "That does it, totally evil here."

  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    I still need votes from @Mikey CTS and @Jdarksun.

Sign In or Register to comment.