As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Reality is merely an [REDACTED], albeit a very [Spooky] one

XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
edited August 2014 in Social Entropy++
Q8PJOUE.gif

m7HoYT6.jpg



http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-173
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-087
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-701

the spooky threads were the first ones I lurked in on these forums and it's really cold outside which leads to an eerie silence

then I was remembering how much I Iiked Coast 2 Coast AM w/ Art Bell and these two games

so, what's spookin'

Xehalus on
Erin The Red
«134567100

Posts

  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    now you've got three main kinds of haunts, your ghosts, spectres, and spooktres

    most people forget about the spooktres

    Tammiscellaneousinsanity
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    A G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-GH-GH-OST!


    PSN- AHermano
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Ah no, it's just that creepy old janitor trying to scare people away, my mistake


    PSN- AHermano
    PaperLuigi44MetalbourneKaplarmiscellaneousinsanity
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Beasteh wrote: »
    now you've got three main kinds of haunts, your ghosts, spectres, and spooktres

    most people forget about the spooktres
    You forgot Spookdos and Spookicuno

    YL9WnCY.png
    RadiusMatevSirToastyundergroundmonorailReynoldsBucketmanCorehealerKristmas KthulhuCaulk Bite 6I Win SwordfightsDedwrekkaOlivawTommy2Hands
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Updated for the modern times: "...and the text came from inside the house!"

  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    RtC1tS9.jpg
    Fun fact - the old spooky thread is a first page result when you search for "STILL THE BEST 1973" on Google

    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
    Vann DirasRainfallHeadCreepsSkeithSCREECH OF THE FARGAntimattergodmodeNaphtaliDonovan PuppyfuckerRinderTankHammerErin The RedBucketmanmiscellaneousinsanityCorehealerHadesL Ron HowardGennenalyse RuebenDedwrekkadarunia106Edith UpwardsLord_SnotCurly_BraceLorahaloOlivawAbsalon
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    A G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-GH-GH-OST!

    It's just me, bro
    Chillax

    gavindelNaphtali
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Updated for the modern times: "...and the text came from inside the house!"

    get a facetime call that turns your phone screen into a scrying pool

    ElTL7ou.jpg
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    godmode wrote: »
    Updated for the modern times: "...and the text came from inside the house!"

    get a facetime call that turns your phone screen into a scrying pool

    https://twitter.com/ActualPerson084 is my favorite for these sort of spooks.

    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    Vann DirasGrey Ghostchiasaur11TankHammerOut Of ContextBucketmanMadEddyDE?ADCaulk Bite 6
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Yes hello this is my thread

    Me and my roommate are super into the show paranormal witness right now guys

    Gimme all the dramatic reenactments of paranormal experiences you got, tv show

    I need them all

  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I will literally never get tired of Ghost Adventures. That show really entertains me on so many levels. I mean, the stuff that comes out of Zac Bagan's mouth is just too funny, their whole attitude towards ghost hunting is both frustrating and endearing, and then every once in a while something really weird happens on camera and it becomes difficult to think that it could all be a hoax.

    I've never actually seen anyone call out GA on being an actual hoax just for entertainment (which would probably just be fine with me anyway). I've seen plenty of people claim that it's all overblown and bad evidence (which it is like 95% of the time). Just never anyone being like "I work at such and such location they filmed at and they faked everything."

    El MuchoOlivaw
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Because of the last spooky thread I watched Grave Encounters. it was fun!

    I then watched VHS. Is the sequel any better? I love the premise but only 2 of those films felt worthwhile.


    Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    UHF is great

    But it is not spooky


    Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    UHF is great

    But it is not spooky

    uhf_supplies.gif%3Fw%3D500

    Darth WaiterBucketmanmiscellaneousinsanityL Ron HowardDedwrekkaShadowfiredarunia106OlivawMvrckFawst
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Hermano wrote: »
    A G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-G-GH-GH-OST!

    It's just me, bro
    Chillax


    Aaaaaaaaaaaagh


    PSN- AHermano
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    ghosted

    ElTL7ou.jpg
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Spooky thread you say?

    mts wrote: »
    heres how i see it being a total win situation for you
    1. stay with your wife while she dog sits. this wins husband points since she knows its out of your comfort zone
    2. have sex all over her friends house so that the next time you see her friend look at you condescendingly, you can wink back knowing you did the freaky deaky where she eats her cheerios.
    Kyoka SuigetsuBucketmanCaulk Bite 6Olivaw
  • AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    VHS 2 has a better good to not-good ratio on the segments I think. There's maybe only one that I thought was meh. The others were either sufficiently spooky, interesting, or amusing to keep me entertaining. The one Gareth Evans did is awesome.

    kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
    Tommy2Hands21stCentury
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    tumblr_mzcwu5qw6d1qig1kao1_500.gif

    I wish every day was Halloween

    tumblr_mzay03W2Wb1rlsw28o1_500.gif

    Caulk Bite 6
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    oy7M4.gif

    AzraithXehalusmiscellaneousinsanity
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Ghost Box



    I am also a fan of Ghost Adventures for them sticking to a small crew and using risky equipment like ghost/spirit boxes

    jgeis
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wait how is it risky

    Cambiata
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Wait how is it risky

    They tend to explode

  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think maybe I don't understand what a spirit box is
    I'm not able to watch that video right now, if they explain it there

  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Oh wait I didn't realize there was a link, hold up

    Edit: that thing sounds like hot bullshit
    The only risk there is the chance that you just paid money for a worthless piece of junk, which, spoiler alert, there is a 100% chance of

    Grey Ghost on
    ReynoldsKaplarRubberACErin The RedBucketmanCaptain MarcusMagic Pinkdurandal4532KamarOlivawQanamilBloodySlothSatanIsMyMotorTommy2Hands
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Spooky thread you say?


    Why not just link Contact, which samples audio recordings of actual astronauts reporting on sightings of unidentified flying objects in space?

  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Wait how is it risky

    They tend to explode

    And thereby creating more ghosts.

    FalxPanda4You
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Oh wait I didn't realize there was a link, hold up

    Edit: that thing sounds like hot bullshit
    The only risk there is the chance that you just paid money for a worthless piece of junk, which, spoiler alert, there is a 100% chance of

    The video he provided isn't for the Ovilus (which seems like hot BS to me too), but a different device. It doesn't use a word bank or an EMF detector, but it's basically a radio that quickly scans across a wide range of frequencies. The result is generally static but then occasionally they get sounds that are interpretable as human speech or other paranormal noises. The idea is that it won't be able to stay on any frequency long enough for any sort of distinguishable radio interference or programming to come through, so any coherent voices coming through must be due to some sort of manipulation. I don't know if it's truly any less BS than something like an Ovilus, but personally it seems closer to something that might possibly work since I can see the logic and method of operation behind it.

  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Fair enough
    Still curious about the use of the word "risky"

  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Fair enough
    Still curious about the use of the word "risky"

    what is they provoke the ghosts too much

    what then

  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Risky in that it is more open to ridicule maybe?

    Xehalus
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Risky in that it is more open to ridicule maybe?

    Well they knew about that risk when they took the job

  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    I don't know if it's truly any less BS than something like an Ovilus, but personally it seems closer to something that might possibly work since I can see the logic and method of operation behind it.

    Something that might possibly work...

    to pick up the voices of ghosts, you mean?

    Grey GhostRubberAC
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Like, you guys all know ghosts aren't real, right? They're... they're not

    These shows can be fun to watch because they go to cool places or the guys on the team are wacky and entertaining, but there's not really any mileage in discussing the validity of any of their methods

    jgeisSCREECH OF THE FARGMarathonKaplarRainfallDrDinosaurErin The RedBeastehWheatBun01Kristmas Kthulhudurandal4532darunia106BelruelKamarWhippyOlivawPLABloodySlothTommy2Hands
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »
    I don't know if it's truly any less BS than something like an Ovilus, but personally it seems closer to something that might possibly work since I can see the logic and method of operation behind it.

    Something that might possibly work...

    to pick up the voices of ghosts, you mean?

    Yeah, or something like that.

  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    And yeah, I watch these shows because they are entertaining as heck, not because they're discovering some great truth or whatever.

    They pique my curiosity and I am someone who believes that there is still a whole lot left to figure out about the world we live in.

    It's just worth it to watch and wonder sometimes.

  • RandomEncounterRandomEncounter Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Like, you guys all know ghosts aren't real, right? They're... they're not

    These shows can be fun to watch because they go to cool places or the guys on the team are wacky and entertaining, but there's not really any mileage in discussing the validity of any of their methods


    What about Grey Ghosts?

This discussion has been closed.