Options

[Mystery Science Theater 3000] Season 13 done, Season 14 coming?

18911131436

Posts

  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    That Tame Impala joke in episode 2 cut deep. I'm going to go cry into my craft beer now.

    No joke though, the references here are top notch now.

    I could easily go ten or fifteen minutes of some of the older episodes not getting any of the references

    Now it's just the odd one or two

    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I did very much enjoy the Kenny Roger's Roasters Seinfeld reference in Cry Wilderness :) The references have definitely been on point

    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I hate when Bigfoot's friend
    ghost Indian
    Uses his magic amulet to have eagles claw my eyes out
    why does it keep happening to me?

    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I hate when Bigfoot's friend
    ghost Indian
    Uses his magic amulet to have eagles claw my eyes out
    why does it keep happening to me?

    Bang!

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Cry Wilderness may have creeped into my top 10 out of all seasons.

    Xaquin on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    That kid made Carl from The Walking Dead look like he clung to his parents at all times

  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    That kid made Carl from The Walking Dead look like he clung to his parents at all times

    Guns and dangerous animals? Better run away from every adult constantly. It's the only way to be safe.

    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I hate when Bigfoot's friend
    ghost Indian
    Uses his magic amulet to have eagles claw my eyes out
    why does it keep happening to me?

    Bang!

    Watching the Stranger Things MST3K promo after watching the Cry Wilderness episode makes the end of the promo so much better.

  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    The big game hunter grabbing the raccoon was a little over the top. Like that seemed very "in the 60s we didn't give a shit about animals in movies" and you could tell those raccoons weren't having it cause they bit the hell out of one of the guys

    Agreed. Made me really worried for the animals on set if they put that into the film.

    Poor trash panda.

    *BANG*
    Sorry, that bit made me laugh every time
    .

    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    The big game hunter grabbing the raccoon was a little over the top. Like that seemed very "in the 60s we didn't give a shit about animals in movies" and you could tell those raccoons weren't having it cause they bit the hell out of one of the guys

    Agreed. Made me really worried for the animals on set if they put that into the film.

    Poor trash panda.

    *BANG*
    Sorry, that bit made me laugh every time
    .

    Wait until you get to the beast of hallow mountain.
    The horse going down that hill.

  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    The big game hunter grabbing the raccoon was a little over the top. Like that seemed very "in the 60s we didn't give a shit about animals in movies" and you could tell those raccoons weren't having it cause they bit the hell out of one of the guys

    Agreed. Made me really worried for the animals on set if they put that into the film.

    Poor trash panda.

    *BANG*
    Sorry, that bit made me laugh every time
    .

    Wait until you get to the beast of hallow mountain.
    The horse going down that hill.
    I appreciate that it actually seemed like they were actually upset at that scene, since the horse definitely could have broken a leg doing that

  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Don't watch the rifftrax of buffalo rider then.

    They just straight up film stuntmen and wild animals fighting.

  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    rockrnger wrote: »
    Don't watch the rifftrax of buffalo rider then.

    They just straight up film stuntmen and wild animals fighting.

    Obvious animal abuse = The Adventure of a Lifetime!

  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    This 3rd episode's movie Time Travellers isn't awful enough. If I lived in the 60s I probably wouldn't ask for my money back. 1st two set the bar pretty low.

    The android head removal and growing oranges were probably the special effects high point of the year.

    I loved the magic act stuff. The extra palming the water balloon in the orange scene. Hilarious.

    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Cry Wilderness may have creeped into my top 10 out of all seasons.

    I got a super-strong Final Sacrifice vibe out of, and I have a really hard time deciding which movie was worse or which MST3K episode was better.

  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    This 3rd episode's movie Time Travellers isn't awful enough. If I lived in the 60s I probably wouldn't ask for my money back. 1st two set the bar pretty low.

    The android head removal and growing oranges were probably the special effects high point of the year.

    I loved the magic act stuff. The extra palming the water balloon in the orange scene. Hilarious.

    It came out the same year as Mary Poppins, which won best visual effects, so yeah I think you're right. The portal effect from the future side was actually pretty well done.

    Also, came across this on IMDB when looking at The Time Travelers page

    xr77qfa3j7sl.jpg

    Hmmmmm.... I wonder why....

  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Episode 6, Starcrash. This movie is so bad it makes me feel like I am drugs.

    I feel so disconnected from everything and it's like I am missing something, but it just doesn't make any god damn sense and the acting is so bad in a super weird way.

    EDIT: Also in this episode
    Fucking Jerry Seinfeld?

    Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    l
    Episode 6, Starcrash. This movie is so bad it makes me feel like I am drugs.

    I feel so disconnected from everything and it's like I am missing something, but it just doesn't make any god damn sense and the acting is so bad in a super weird way.

    EDIT: Also in this episode
    Fucking Jerry Seinfeld?

    I actually saw some of that when I was little kid. I remembered the part with the guys coming out of the torpedos specifically. I had no idea what it was at the time. Much much later in life I saw the whole thing on Netflix while baked. It completely weirded me out.

    There is really nothing like shitty Italian cinema. They seem to do full throttle crazy better than anyone else.

  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Episode 6, Starcrash. This movie is so bad it makes me feel like I am drugs.

    I feel so disconnected from everything and it's like I am missing something, but it just doesn't make any god damn sense and the acting is so bad in a super weird way.

    Somebody rear-ended me one time when I was getting on the highway. Everything was fine and then BAM, everything moving around. Me and the car were actually fine, but it was incredibly disorienting because of how sudden the impact was.

    That's what watching Star Crash is like, every other scene or so. The dialogue is consistently bad, sure, but then WHAM, massive shift in what is going on and it is hugely disorienting.

    So I guess I'm saying Star Crash is the movie version what it would be like to be in car accident, but like a dozen times in 90 minutes.

  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I'm about 30 minutes into starcrash and I have zero idea what's going on

    Cry Wilderness was godawful, but at least I knew what was happening

  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Also, came across this on IMDB when looking at The Time Travelers page

    xr77qfa3j7sl.jpg

    Hmmmmm.... I wonder why....
    Steve Franken?

    jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Wizards of the Kingdom II is painful.

    Edit: it's so painful I forgot to include "Lost" before Kingdom. Because I am lost trying to fathom how a sequel was made

    TexiKen on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I'm about 30 minutes into starcrash and I have zero idea what's going on

    Cry Wilderness was godawful, but at least I knew what was happening

    Did you though?

    Bigfoot... and then random animals. And then..?

    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I'm about 30 minutes into starcrash and I have zero idea what's going on

    Cry Wilderness was godawful, but at least I knew what was happening

    Did you though?

    Bigfoot... and then random animals. And then..?

    BANG

  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Cry Wilderness Now with 30% original footage

  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    IB Melchior is a genius!

    Said no one ever.

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Edit: wrong thread

    Er, Keep circulating the tapes

    wandering on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Siding with evil landlords over struggling bohemian artists

    Sometimes I wonder if chat really even wants to abolish the wage system

    Bang!

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I'm about 30 minutes into starcrash and I have zero idea what's going on

    Cry Wilderness was godawful, but at least I knew what was happening

    Did you though?

    Bigfoot... and then random animals. And then..?

    Exactly!

    I don't know what's going on with starcrash

  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I thought Wizards of the Lost Kingdom II was terrible but Circus Magic is worse, especially because their jokes are largely missing.

  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Holy crap Avalanche is boring...

    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Just finished watching the first of the new episodes. Overall I found Reptilicus to be a solid effort, with a decently bad movie and some decently good jokes. I quite liked the musical bits, and I was actually fairly surprised to hear some references to the old Beatles movies.

    Anyway so far I like it, I'll watch the second episode later which is apparently quite a good one.

    -edit- Watched Cry Wilderness. Yeah that movie made me want to cry. You can clearly see the chains holding the animals in several scenes and overall it was just an incoherent mess. Some quality riffing, though. I liked it, but wouldn't put it in the top tier with Cave Dwellers, Gamera and Prince of Space from my first impression.

    chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Episode 2 question:
    Is the Pearl clone played by Mary Jo Pehl as well, or is it just someone who looks remarkably like her? I couldn't quite tell...
    Synthia is played by Rebecca Hanson, who also voices Gypsy.

    Also, has anyone here finished all 14 episodes? Because for that last one
    I think I dislike the way they ended the season. I mean, maybe they fix it in the first episode of season 12 and surprise everything's okay again, but now I can't rewatch any of the previous episodes with Jonah goofing around with the bots during the cold opener without remembering that it all eventually leads up to...that.

    SabreMau on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Watched the second episode last night and while I may want to strangle the people responsible for the mistreatment of all the animals on set for Cry of Wilderness, the episode itself made my wife and I howl with laughter. Very solid. It was better than the first one for me. We'll probably sub these in for our movie nights until we work through them. Sorry Friday the 13th run, you'll have to wait a bit.

  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    Watched the second episode last night and while I may want to strangle the people responsible for the mistreatment of all the animals on set for Cry of Wilderness, the episode itself made my wife and I howl with laughter. Very solid. It was better than the first one for me. We'll probably sub these in for our movie nights until we work through them. Sorry Friday the 13th run, you'll have to wait a bit.

    BANG

  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    Watched the second episode last night and while I may want to strangle the people responsible for the mistreatment of all the animals on set for Cry of Wilderness, the episode itself made my wife and I howl with laughter. Very solid. It was better than the first one for me. We'll probably sub these in for our movie nights until we work through them. Sorry Friday the 13th run, you'll have to wait a bit.

    BANG

    It never gets old.

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I was a little worried during the first episode, some of the jokes and the pacing of them weren't quite landing right with me, but I'm 25 minutes into Cry Wilderness and yep, MST is back, baby.

    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Holy hell. I mean I know a lot of movies tried to rip off Star Wars but fucking fuck Starcrash is like pure plagiarism in the opening.
    BANG!

    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I'm about 30 minutes into starcrash and I have zero idea what's going on

    Cry Wilderness was godawful, but at least I knew what was happening

    Did you though?

    Bigfoot... and then random animals. And then..?

    Exactly!

    I don't know what's going on with starcrash

    It's an iron.

    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Beast of Hollow Mountain is phenomenal

Sign In or Register to comment.