Options

[Mystery Science Theater 3000] Season 13 done, Season 14 coming?

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Patton is amazing. So glad he's involved. This fat guy in the glasses and grey button up yelling at people is not so entertaining.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    mildlymorbidmildlymorbid Registered User regular
    Patton is definitely saving this.

• Options
    And there is the other half of Ninja Sex Party.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Well I'll be damned... unless I'm mathing wrong, 3k away from 5.9 million.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Nevermind.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Still, only $40K away.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    The thing with Patton reading the tweets was fantastic. Loved the guy who said they should riff this live stream :D

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    magic act is going on way too long

• Options
    Yeah this magic act is dumb

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    We have Holiday Movie Sign!! Just hit 5.9 mil.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    ding

• Options
    Suck it, Bonnie Hammer!!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Haha, they still have two hours to go.... did they even plan another stretch goal? :D

• Options
    They weren't even expecting to hit $5.5 before the telethon, so probably not.

• Options
    Poor Joel had no idea they hit 5.9 million, he looked like he was gonna faint when this awful guy in the glasses and grey button up told him.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    They just hit $6 million.

• Options
    This Dr. Zaius bit is fucking amazing.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    New stretch goal - if they get to $6.3 mil they will do 14 episodes

(they may actually hit this - still an hour yet and I don't think they've updated the addon number at all... so probably not adding it in to the total yet? Or maybe they are)

Edit: SWEET! More Rifftrax are being added to the $35 and $85 pledge levels!

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Their audio cut out but they're giving a shout out to Rifftrax, so that's pretty nice of them

• Options
    Aaaaaand this is officially the number one television Kickstarter campaign of all time. They're leaving Veronica Mars in the dust.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    They're still live streaming on youtube. Looks like they're getting way up there in goals. Also apparently the chat on youtube absolutely hates Paul and Storm. Which is sad, because they're cool.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    They're still live streaming on youtube. Looks like they're getting way up there in goals. Also apparently the chat on youtube absolutely hates Paul and Storm. Which is sad, because they're cool.

The good news is it's a youtube chat with 8k+ viewers so you almost can't even expose yourself to it

• Options
    edited December 2015
    14 EPISODES! They just made over $6.3 million.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Yeah it jumped almost 90k in an instant at some point when there was less than a minute left

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Paul and Storm are fucking awesome. Been a fan of theirs since they were half of DaVinci's Notebook.

Also, thanks for bumping the thread and reminding me to hop on the Blu-ray pledge level before it expired.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    I went all digital. It ended up being just over $6 an episode, and I know it'll be worth that much even if it takes them a few episodes to get their footing.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Paul and Storm are fucking awesome. Been a fan of theirs since they were half of DaVinci's Notebook.

Also, thanks for bumping the thread and reminding me to hop on the Blu-ray pledge level before it expired.

Is that who that was? The one in the grey button up and glasses, no hat... he acted like a little bitch all night. Yelling at people in the shop and snapping at people on the set, trying to insert himself on camera multiple times when it wasn't even supposed to be their segment. He came off as a huge prick and their songs were fucking stupid.. not in a good way either. I don't care how great some of their work may be, I have no intention of ever supporting that ass clown in any way shape or form.

Patton and Felicia should have hosted the whole thing.

That said I'm incredibly stoked we are getting FOURTEEN episodes and I'm super proud to be a backer!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    "Hi, I know you just said you're a big fan of these people but LOL THEY SUCK FUCK THEM"

I didn't see the whole telethon but what I watched was real fun.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I think it's awesome that donations continued to pour in despite the real problems they were having during the telethon.

Hopefully this turns some corporate heads. Now that streaming-only shows are a proven thing I think that would be a better distribution model for MST than traditional broadcasting. If they can keep the show going at about the same cost every season, I can easily see Netflix or Hulu dropping a cool $6 million a year on this. That's chump change compared to most shows! Daredevil and Jessica Jones cost around $3.3 million per episode.

Also, they wouldn't have to fuck off a bunch of money to Kickstarter, or building the sets from scratch, so they could either just be even cheaper or make even more episodes.

But I would guess they probably want to see how the show is in terms of quality before anything really happens.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    If they go with a streaming service, I really hope it's something I can just buy. I don't want to sign up for Netflix just for MST3k for example.

• Options
    At best, there'll be disc releases a year after it starts streaming. Netflix/Hulu don't generally do a la carte stuff, although Hulu would probably have an option to watch some episodes with commercial interruptions.

• Options
    Ok, the kickstarter page still says 96% funded. This is driving me crazy. UPDATE YER GRAPHIC!!! :P

Side note, wasn't Pendleton Ward supposed to be on that live stream? Guess he couldn't make it?

• Options
    I'm surprised there hasn't been an update from Joel today. Maybe they are waiting to get a final tally on how many of those pledges actually come through. I'm sure plenty of people pledge and then their card doesn't go through or whatever.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    I'm surprised there hasn't been an update from Joel today. Maybe they are waiting to get a final tally on how many of those pledges actually come through. I'm sure plenty of people pledge and then their card doesn't go through or whatever.

I assume they are writing something up. Probably tired from partying all night :D hehehe

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I know some people have had bad experiences with Kickstarter, but man, I've got nothing but solid jewel-encrusted gold out of it. Star Citizen. Pillars of Eternity. Two Shadowrun games.

And now I've got a whole new season of MST3K out of it. So awesome.

• Options

Joel tweeted that he would have an update on Monday.

• Options
    He had a small update today basically saying thanks for all the cash. Said he'd have some solid info about what to expect going forward tomorrow or Wednesday.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I continue to be impressed by the talent they're assembling for the new MST3K. Joel announced their new head writer is a former head writer for The Daily Show:

• Options
    Yeah I feel very optimistic about the quality of this production. Writing is super important to MST3K.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Reminder that the MST3K reunion show is tonight!

SMeRpPU.jpg

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/the-mst3k-reunion-show