Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Internet Policy] - Restricting the series of tubes

1555657585961»

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    They refer to each other using slurs to indicate ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation constantly, regardless of what subject matter is being discussed. Whole slews of new, vile terms have been invented there, and propagated from there out into the wider world.

603330852_4F4PP-1050x10000.jpg

steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Fighting The Rising Odds Registered User, Moderator mod
    Guys, this thread is about internet policy and net neutrality, not free speech. I think we have a free speech thread somewhere, and I think like this discussion might be better placed there. This isn't the general "a thing on the internet" thread.

Mugsley
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    8chan is still down but the Daily Stormer is back up.

For now, at least. Anglin and the Daily Stormer just lost a major lawsuit:

BREAKING: We won our lawsuit against the Daily Stormer!

We sued this white supremacist website after they led a racist online harassment campaign against a former Black student at American Univ.

This case should send a strong message to other racists across the US.

Our victory against the Daily Stormer marks the first decision to ever hold that online harassment can interfere with equal rights to enjoy public accommodations.

We will continue fighting to eliminate hate root and branch.

A copy of the opinion here—> https://lawyerscommittee.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Dumpson-v-Ade-Opinion-on-Default-Judgment.pdf

Kristen Clarke is the president and executive director of the National Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law

shrykekimeTomantaBlackDragon480NobodyCommander ZoomZibblsnrtemp123BullheadHappylilElfCalicaL Ron HowardMartini_PhilosopherMillEinzelRchanenFANTOMASSkeithOut Of ContextEmerlmaster999MorganVShadowfireDarkPrimusMan in the MistsEncautono-wally, erotibot300PolaritieIncenjucarLoisLaneMrVyngaard
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Almost every state AG is investigating Google on antitrust grounds:
    A group of 50 attorneys general from 48 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico unveiled a major antitrust investigation of Google Monday, sharply escalating the regulatory scrutiny facing the tech giant.

The probe will focus on whether Google (GOOG) has harmed competition and consumers, looking at least initially into the company's conduct in its search, advertising and other businesses, though it may expand from there.

Speaking to reporters in front of the US Supreme Court Monday, a group of 13 attorneys general struck a bipartisan tone. Karl Racine, attorney general of the District of Columbia, said it was an "unusual setting" for a group that typically disagrees on issues ranging from gun control to reproductive rights.

"But we are acting as one today," he said.

Only CA and AL are not participating.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    CA's not being involved is weird and I can only assume it's because they're HQ'd here.

LostNinjaCantidoXaquinShadowfireEinzelMartini_PhilosopherMan in the MistsMegaMekBouwsTHefflingMrVyngaard
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    CA is certainly not gonna set fire to one of its best cash crops in the past 30 years (silicone valley)

shrykeSpoitredxMartini_PhilosopherMan in the MistsBigJoeMMegaMekHefflingPolaritie
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited September 9
    Meh, what bumbfuck Galt-Gultch wasteland is Google going to coerce its talent to "flee" to?

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited September 9
    Cantido wrote: »
    Meh, what bumbfuck Galt-Gultch wasteland is Google going to coerce its talent to "flee" to?

That’s a pretty shitty way to refer to everywhere not CA...

LostNinja on
    EncBouwsT
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »

Yeah, California is hardly a paradise. I moved this year and California was one of my top "no fucking way" states. And for people with money, there are tons of places in the US that are anything but the hellscape that it's fashionable in California to label everything outside their borders.

• OrcaOrca Registered User regular

Yeah, California is hardly a paradise. I moved this year and California was one of my top "no fucking way" states. And for people with money, there are tons of places in the US that are anything but the hellscape that it's fashionable in California to label everything outside their borders.

Yeah, but those places all have weather. And who can be bothered with that.

The 2012 issue of Fornax. | Steam and Origin: Espressosaurus
    Jragghen
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

Weather =/= “bumbfuck Galt-Gultch wasteland”

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    The lack of seasons is my penultimate complaint with SoCal, just behind the housing prices.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

Weather =/= “bumbfuck Galt-Gultch wasteland”

I'm pretty sure he was being a little snarky less about not-California and more about not-has-somewhat-reasonable-labor-laws.

Also, everyone knows that bumbfuck Galt-Gulch wasteland is in California. :V

Man in the MistsMadicanMegaMek
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    The lack of seasons is my penultimate complaint with SoCal, just behind the housing prices.

As a Midwesterner, I'm pretty sure I'd be bored to death of the (lack of) weather in pretty much anywhere in world.

steam_sig.png
    BlackDragon480kimeL Ron Howard
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

We do have weather though.

Spring, Summer, Wildfire, Fall, Winter

camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
    Spoit
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »

As a Midwesterner, I'm pretty sure I'd be bored to death of the (lack of) weather in pretty much anywhere in world.

Come visit Melbourne, Australia.

While we don't get the dangerous weathers, we definitely have days where there's frost, sun, rain, hail, and decent winds, all in a single day.

Incenjucar
    MorganV wrote: »

While we don't get the dangerous weathers, we definitely have days where there's frost, sun, rain, hail, and decent winds, all in a single day.

...and?

steam_sig.png
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular

...and?

Aaaaand.... we don't have Donald Trump?

Got some shitty politicians, so you won't feel completely out of place.

And it's becoming summer, so there's warm weather ahead.

edited September 12

...and?

Aaaaand.... we don't have Donald Trump?

Got some shitty politicians, so you won't feel completely out of place.

And it's becoming summer, so there's warm weather ahead.

Don't mean "and" as in what else you got.

Meant "and" as in "is that the craziest the weather gets there, or is there more?"

Because you're basically describing what a quarter of the days for the next three months are going to be here.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    BlackDragon480Moridin889L Ron Howard
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Not me. I was Midwesterner, and I now live in California, and the so-called "Lack of Weather" is AMAZING here. Simply amazing. Fuck snow, fuck changing your fucking tires every winter, and fuck super-hot scorching summers.

Di87pOF.jpg
    PSN: Hahnsoo | MHGU: Hahnsoo, Switch FC: SW-0085-2679-5212