As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Where to live in Phoenix/Scottsdale?

PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
Just moved here and my experience with apartments has been very hit or miss. Goals for an apartment are basically this:

1) ~$10 cab ride to nightlife spots
2) Washer+ Dryer in unit
3) Covered parking space
4) Safety, etc. The usual stuff

Budget is $1000 or less. My new boss who's about my age late 20's early 30's suggested downtown Scottsdale so that's mostly where I've been looking.

• TalondelTalondel Registered User regular
    Lofts at Rio Salado in Tempe. On the light rail, near Mill Ave, short drive to Scottsdale, underground parking. There are only a few units there around $1000 a month but should be doable.

• SentrySentry Registered User regular
    You don't want to live near ASU students. Trust me on this.
    I would check out Arcadia, 44th street to 68th st east-west, camelback to thomas north-south.
    Just drive through it and take note of rental properties. It's an awesome area close enough to downtown, Scottsdale, and Tempe.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Is Mesa on your radar at all? It's basically just like Tempe from what I can tell, but things seem to be a bit cheaper because it's not so close to campus.

• PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Sentry wrote: »
    You don't want to live near ASU students. Trust me on this.
    I would check out Arcadia, 44th street to 68th st east-west, camelback to thomas north-south.
    Just drive through it and take note of rental properties. It's an awesome area close enough to downtown, Scottsdale, and Tempe.

I actually just signed a lease at a place called colonial grand that's on East Thomas and 64th street. It seems really nice, but doesn't have the same kind of college frat pool party vibe as other places I saw in the area. FWIW, they have pretty nice 1 bedrooms with W/D and pool+ usual amenities from $915 and up.

Thanks for the responses guys! It ended up being a little too late, but I think I found a nice place.

Edit: If anyone would like to meetup sometime, I just moved to the area and would love to start making friends.

Pacificstar on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Congrats on finding a place. Not the thread for it but maybe sometime we could setup a mini-PA meet up at like Dave and Busters or Main Event Entertainment.

• NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Phoenix AZ PA meetup! I smell a new thread.... maybe not. Sorry for the hi-jack.

I would totally be down

• TalondelTalondel Registered User regular
    I live right next to the Main Event that opened at I-10 and Warner. My wife and I have been wanting to go. I know quite a few PA/PAX regulars who would probably be up for something. Let's do this. Maybe the weekend after the Superbowl (2/8)?

Kinda necro, but anyone still want to meet up some time?

• NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Yea, I have a van with no windows we can all meet in.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Noizlanif wrote: »
    Yea, I have a van with no windows we can all meet in.

If there's no free hugs, candy or puppy that's a dealbreaker.