As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]landers

bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
Skylanders-SWAP-Force-Review-logo.jpg

These bastards are going to make me bankrupt

also we needed a new chat thread

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    it's good to know geth is keeping his impressive streak of sucking at choosing [chat] makers

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Which one is Connor MacLeod?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    ugh, fuck being invited to this party

it has ruined my mood

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    How come the philosophy thread is alive again? Necromancers? Hobbit tie-ins?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    Haphazard wrote: »

Because I willed it to be.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Because I willed it to be.

Do you have a tendency to transform into a fiery eye?

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    I really want to sign that Kelly Thomas petition, but I'm also afraid of ending up on some watchlist. My own cowardice is subverting justice.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

it has ruined my mood

life so hard

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    why not just have it choose two people from the last page?

i don't get what it's selection criteria are but it seem to either choose a mod, someone who hasn't posted in a while, or a mod who hasn't posted in a while

• Options
    815165 wrote: »

it has ruined my mood

life so hard

it will be full of people I don't want to see, but my friends will give me an incredible amount of judgemental shit if I don't go

• Options
    Apparently last night's HIMYM had the cast put on accents and yellowface to pretend to be asian.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Apparently last night's HIMYM had the cast put on accents and yellowface to pretend to be asian.
    That's my mind of humour!

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    I really want to sign that Kelly Thomas petition, but I'm also afraid of ending up on some watchlist. My own cowardice is subverting justice.

Who?

• Options

Who?

some guy who got beat to death by some cops

• Options

Who?

A homeless man diagnosed with schizophrenia who was beaten to death by police in July 2011. I remember hearing about it when it happened, but apparently all the officers walked away with no convictions and one of them is currently asking for his job back.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MorbidReality/comments/1vbb9l/phrases_used_by_kelly_thomas_begging_for_his_life/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/conspiro/comments/1vaoe4/kelly_thomas_begging_for_his_life_while_getting/

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCgT94A7WgI

I don't actually know if it's just the piano bits or what.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think the only show that ever got away with this is Father Ted.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options

Who?

Apparently the lawyer who got the police off on that one was the same lawyer for the Rodney King trial.

Otherwise known as Satan.

• Options
    It's news to me that you can't just paint your face and pretend to be a different race.

*Hides handwritten Shaft script*

• Options
    Sounds bad, but I won't click on Reddit at work.
    Were the police guys filmed or what?

• Options

Who?

Apparently the lawyer who got the police off on that one was the same lawyer for the Rodney King trial.

Otherwise known as good at his job.

• Options
    It's news to me that you can't just paint your face and pretend to be a different race.

Lethal Weapon 5 was great.

• Options

Yeah, I lost my shit when the blackface started coming off in the shower.

• Options

Yep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kelly_Thomas
    Using digital audio recording devices carried by the officers, surveillance video from a pole camera at the Fullerton Transportation Center, and other evidence, Rackauckas provided evidence that Thomas did comply with orders from Officer Ramos, who had put on latex gloves and asked Thomas "Now see my fists? They are getting ready to fuck you up."[24] Rackauckas went on to describe how Thomas begged for his life, before being beaten to death.[25]

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options

Who?

Oh extremely.

But after watching the video I find it extremely hard to think of anyone defending them in anywhere near a positive light.

• Options
    video is super depressing

• Options

Yeah, I lost my shit when the blackface started coming off in the shower.

Indeed, it had me in stitches.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I have no idea how Geth chooses it's next victim, but I think there might be a hard-coded list somewhere of chatters, or else it just goes through and picks people based on the percentage of their posts in the thread because I've noticed it always tends to be the same people who chat a lot getting chosen.

• Options

Yep.

Using digital audio recording devices carried by the officers, surveillance video from a pole camera at the Fullerton Transportation Center, and other evidence, Rackauckas provided evidence that Thomas did comply with orders from Officer Ramos, who had put on latex gloves and asked Thomas "Now see my fists? They are getting ready to fuck you up."[24] Rackauckas went on to describe how Thomas begged for his life, before being beaten to death.[25]

... how the fuck did the lawyer get them out of this?

• Options

Who?

Oh extremely.

But after watching the video I find it extremely hard to think of anyone defending them in anywhere near a positive light.

I wouldn't think of him in a positive light, but I wouldn't think twice about having him as my lawyer.

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    I have no idea how Geth chooses it's next victim, but I think there might be a hard-coded list somewhere of chatters, or else it just goes through and picks people based on the percentage of their posts in the thread because I've noticed it always tends to be the same people who chat a lot getting chosen.

It's based off people who've posted in the last five pages, I believe.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    tumblr_mzg7va61NL1qkej80o1_500.jpg

• Options

Yep.

... how the fuck did the lawyer get them out of this?
    The guy was schizophrenic and used meth. So the lawyer based his defence on the target being a danger, and the death on heart damage from prior meth usage, also the hospital had difficulty inserting a breathing tube (because he was so fucked up by the police) which he also blamed on the persons demise over the police, you'know, beating the shit out of him.

It was jury nullification I think? The jury refused to convict.

• Options
    oh man, what the fuck

trigger has died

• Options
    I would never want to be tried by my peers. They're idiots.

• Options
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Morning [chat].

Feeling a bit self-concious today. Last night I did my third Haidong Gumdo class. Got there early and thought I was late as another class was going on so I did their final sets with them only to find out that I was not late but that the advanced class was just finishing and my class was beginning. So I wound up getting an extra 15 minutes of workout in. Sadly though I think I overdid it as about a third of the way through my class while going through a string of exercises I felt like I was going to keel over as my arms are still getting used to the workouts. My shoulders didn't want to move at all.

Felt like such an idiot in front of the class but no one said anything. They seem like a bunch of nice people though and I'm hoping they understand my reasons for doing this as a means to get fit and healthy again. I'm promising myself to do better and just need to keep telling myself that I'm just starting out and it will get better. It's just hard after being lazy for so long. But my teacher is being patient with me and very complimentary and is pushing me in the right ways I think. Just need to remind myself of the saying "no pain, no gain".

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Holy fuck so apparently some new tech was found in Symphony of the Night overnight looks like speed runs will now take under 10 minutes.

Were in the OoT zone for it now.

This discussion has been closed.