As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSO2] Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis is essentially PSO3!

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2020
    OK, we have currently just shy of 3k points with which we can use as an alliance (ship 3) to do some things. We can use 2k to change the appearance of the base to something other than the default, which is looking out the back end of a ship flying within the ARK ship fleet.
    qx4DOhV.jpg

Other options include planatary bases in different biomes such as snow, desert, city etc.

For 5k we can level the alliance up to level 4. For 10k we can unlock storage.

Does anyone have any input about priority?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Nah, I got no ideas there. I'd lean to functional things rather than cosmetic at first. What does leveling it up do for us?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2020
    The menu says expanded functionalities, but it doesn't say what those are and it is taking more than a cursory google search to get details.

Also, the smallest amount you can feed the Photon tree (which can be used to give one of an assortment of buffs to alliance members) is 2k alliance points and I don't know how frequently that needs to happen. I gave it 2k yesterday to kick off the first alliance buff and it seems to still be functioning?)

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    https://pso2.com/news/announcements/joinalliancecampaign0527

You'll need to get an alliance with 12 members before the end of it if you want all the rewards.

Also I think you need alliance level 5 to get Alliance Accessories unlocked. You can check whats available while you are inside the Alliance room to see what unlocks later, I think? Its the npc in your room and it says something like alliance room expansion or something.

Edit - Woe Bundy on 2 has 14 total people, so if you need an alliance that has it unlocked for the campaign let me know. You could probably make a character on 2, join the alliance, then get the reward on 3 when its sent out.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    @Just_Bri_Thanks My dude I have sent you like 4 messages through 3 different platforms. why you no let me join your love cult

• Options
    I can't invite you because you are currently being scouted by five other players. Clear your invites please?

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    So, I've heard that you can now use the PSO2 Tweaker to install the game directly. Still goes through the Windows Store's API, but handles all the messier details. Has anyone tried going that route? I have inched my way up to doing it, but I'm still a bit gun-shy about using third-party tools (especially ones that ask to put my computer in "developer mode" in order to run).

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Tool has been around for years, created to assist with na players installing the jp client.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oh man that alliance campaign scarf is pretty cool

Speaking of cosmetics, used my free 12 scratch tickets on the Dark Omen banner tonight and came out pretty well

Full Ridel Minadol M (which I'm currently wearing, Eville Exceeder, Eville Amalti, and a Gothic Punk Dress

Granted, I was mostly drawing to try and get the Cast parts for an alt but I can't really complain

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I finally got my mag to 200, and it didnt morph again. Disappointed. But at least im done with TEC! WOO!

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Ugh, I'm getting serious itches to start over on a cast this weekend, just to have more options for appearances.

...to be fair, it wouldn't take THAT long to get one class back over 50, and I can still get the shiny cash for weeklies on my existing char...

• Options
    Anyone know of a good listing for all the Unit sets? I have bits and bobs, but they don't seems to follow consistant naming conventions (or are just not complete sets?) so I can't find ones I am looking for.

• Options
    If you have part of a set you can select the view set bonus option to see all the other pieces of it, I'd have to look for a full listing of rarer units somewhere though.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Oh, cool. Handy.

Edit: OK, if I am reading that correctly, it is rather loose with what it considers part of the set.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Started playing this and I think I'll probably end up putting a big chunk of time into it.

I rolled on 2 without checking to see where anyone else was really playing. Haven't tried to play during prime time so I dunno if the servers are still filling up or not.

Facing severe choice paralysis on what to play/how to play. Do I want one character who I buy the other mags for? Probably not, I want to play dress up with multiple models.

So, how do I divide my classes? If there were 4 slots I'd have one for each primary stat so I can be cheap and not buy mags, but there are three so I guess I'll buy one for Tech eventually (Force seems kind of...really boring, though that's unsurprising for a low level mage. An apparently Techter ends up using different mags for a lot of its builds, so not having one for Tech is hardly limiting?).

So my first character I made is a CAST that I just sort of meandered to 20-something with as a Hunter, but that's barely any progress. I also made a Dueman design I like and a Nueman design I'm not as enthused by and might delete and remake.

Looks like the only thing that's a bad idea to any degree as far as race+class combo is Tech CAST, and apparently even then the stat differences are negligible in endgame.

So it's about aesthetics. They're all short anime waifus because, sorry, but hey one of them floats around with boosters and one is ripped and the other one is...a kind of boring elf I really need to redesign that one.

Guess I'll do...melee on the dueman (mostly focusing WL hunter for now even though it's apparently not a particularly great weapon) and dex (soaring blades were boring until I hit a boss, then dodging in and out was really rad) on the CAST, mostly because soaring blades look pretty good with the booster aesthetic?

I should look up some endgame videos and see whether the Tech or Ranged options look more fun at endgame for my third character to focus on, since they were both pretty underwhelming to play fresh and devoid of skills or arts. Shooting things with the launcher on Ranger was moderately more fun than awkwardly charging fireballs on Force though.

heads up about deleting and remaking characters, I have been told you do NOT get the character slot back. I haven't tested it myself but supposedly you need to buy a new character slot.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Oh, cool. Handy.

Edit: OK, if I am reading that correctly, it is rather loose with what it considers part of the set.
    The set effect list is on the PSO2NA Wiki https://pso2na.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Unit_List:_Set_Effect

Heads-up that players got fed up with being unable to get matched units at higher rarities, so set bonuses went away after 11-star units; 12+ rarity units got higher base HP/PP/Atk boosts to compensate, finally allowing players to mix and match.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    Can you elaborate on that?

• Options
    My understanding is that it only applies to creating more than 3 characters - you have to buy a slot and if you delete the char you don't get the slot back (which is very dumb).

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Polaritie wrote: »
    My understanding is that it only applies to creating more than 3 characters - you have to buy a slot and if you delete the char you don't get the slot back (which is very dumb).
    That's not quite the entire picture as it's not the character count, it's the actual slots. There are two types of character slot.

You have 3 free, permanent character slots. If you delete a character made in one of these slots, you can freely reuse the slot, even on another ship.

Beyond this, all further characters occupy paid, single-use slots. If you delete a character created this way, the character and their slot are gone.

Example: Your characters are:

Free Slot 1: ASH
    Free Slot 2: BERNIE
    Free Slot 3: RUPIKA
    Paid Slot 1: KIREEK

If you delete Ash, Bernie, or Rupika, you will be able to make a new character for free, even with 3 total characters.
    If you delete Kireek, you will have to pay again to make another character.

The fan translation does its best to convey this by specifying you are purchasing 1-time "character creation rights", not slots.

IceBurner on
  • Options
    IceBurner wrote: »
    That's not quite the entire picture as it's not the character count, it's the actual slots. There are two types of character slot.

You have 3 free, permanent character slots. If you delete a character made in one of these slots, you can freely reuse the slot, even on another ship.

Beyond this, all further characters occupy paid, single-use slots. If you delete a character created this way, the character and their slot are gone.

Example: Your characters are:

Free Slot 1: ASH
    Free Slot 2: BERNIE
    Free Slot 3: RUPIKA
    Paid Slot 1: KIREEK

If you delete Ash, Bernie, or Rupika, you will be able to make another character for free. If you delete Kireek, you will have to pay again to make another character.

Nah, I think KIREEK can stay deleted. :rotate:

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Nah, I think KIREEK can stay deleted. :rotate:
    There's really only one appropriate response to this:
    xagfd22os42c.png
    File for this symbol art attached below.

Instructions:
    1. Place .sar file in \My Documents\My Games\PSO2\symbolarts\import\ (if NA uses different paths, go where your PSO2 screenshots are stored and go up 1 level to find "symbolarts")
    2. Open Symbol Art list in-game
    3. Click orange tab at top-left, select "Import"
      30lqz61u7chb.png
    4. Click "import" square to load all files from the import folder.
      emhiwjtaksnl.png
    5. Click desired symbol art and choose "Save" from the popup.

IceBurner on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I hit Lv20 and got sub-classes unlocked. As a Ranger, should I double-down on range and level up Gunner or should I try some melee with Hunter?

• Options
    Trying to clean up my HD and reinstall because of course my install nuked itself.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I hit Lv20 and got sub-classes unlocked. As a Ranger, should I double-down on range and level up Gunner or should I try some melee with Hunter?

RaGu is actually a really bad idea

RaBr gets you Weak Stance, and RaHu gets you Fury Stance and Automate

I'd probably do with RaHu because the defensive options are extremely solid and Fury Stance is an all around good ability

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Microsoft store was restoring files faster than I could delete them.

• Options
    OK, finally fixed it.

• Options
    I made a Cast alt because I needed another character that can gather and now I'm looking at far too expensive Cast cosmetics in player shops help

• Options
    Where does one find player-shops exactly? Cause the cash-shop for cosmetics seems kinda bare for a MMO.

• Options
    Where does one find player-shops exactly? Cause the cash-shop for cosmetics seems kinda bare for a MMO.

Go to the terminal with like a pink question mark or whatever, right next to the storage terminal usually, it'll be the first option

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    As I understand it, as soon as I can I should be spamming VHAQs

How should I be getting classes to 40 or whatever, though? Feels like my leveling speed drops off a cliff when I hit 20.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Kamar wrote: »
    As I understand it, as soon as I can I should be spamming VHAQs

How should I be getting classes to 40 or whatever, though? Feels like my leveling speed drops off a cliff when I hit 20.

Client orders

EDIT: Any time you accept a quest, go to the client orders menu and the third option will allow you to see and bulk accept any client orders that can be completed on the map you're going to

Maddoc on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    you have to do that before actually departing from the hub area but after you accept the quest, BTW

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Is there anywhere one can see CAST parts with names to them out of game? I wouldn't mind buying some new parts from players stores but the preview window seems to be busted when it comes to actually seeing how they look.

• Options
    Is there anywhere one can see CAST parts with names to them out of game? I wouldn't mind buying some new parts from players stores but the preview window seems to be busted when it comes to actually seeing how they look.

Change the item quantity from 0 to 1

• Options
    I have discovered that if you don't have a body part on your body then when you go to preview the part will be hidden just like it is currently for you in the world. Make sure you have parts equipped then you can preview parts that you don't have equipped.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Wow, installed the tweaker and suddenly the lobby areas aren't a lag fest.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Maddoc wrote: »

RaGu is actually a really bad idea

RaBr gets you Weak Stance, and RaHu gets you Fury Stance and Automate

I'd probably do with RaHu because the defensive options are extremely solid and Fury Stance is an all around good ability

Yeah, Hunter is basically the default subclass for anyone melee or ranged because Fury Stance is just unconditional passive bonus damage (I think... 30% total with everything in it?) and the Guard Stance tree offers a lot of good survival options.

Gunner also has a conflict with ranger in that ranger has a passive damage bonus for distance and gunner has a passive damage bonus for being in their face... and both classes want their respective bonuses.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    So would you do Hunter as a subclass for gunner too?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Yup, Gu/Hu is common. It's what I'm playing.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    A different tip - you should all go into game options and mess with your loot settings. You can make the rare drop popup only appear on higher rarities (10*+), auto-loot things like photon drops and other collectables, etc (and auto loot works from across the map, unlike meseta). All those trade in tokens being looted automatically is a real help in particular.

Polaritie on