[Phantasy Star Online 2] Out now in NA for XBONE and PC!

1141516171820»

• IanatorIanator Delightfully mediocre! Registered User regular
    IMG_20200915_154637782.jpg

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Steam
    Blizzard: Ianator#1479 / 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 / FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    BasilDrovekSkeithBahamutZEROIceBurnerdescJaysonFour
    Made my first Aether Factor today!

...Now what the crap am I gonna put it on?

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Steam
    Blizzard: Ianator#1479 / 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 / FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    edited September 23
    If you presume NA will eventually get the same upgrades via Zieg as JP, an Ophestia/Austere unit just might be future-proofed; in JP it got a series of upgrades that kept them viable from Ep 3 through the end of Ep 6.

Eventually NA will get the Special Ability Augment Transfer Passes, and X-slot Augment Protection items.

- The former allows players to lift the entire set of Augments from one item and move them to another, guaranteed, and even add one more via capsule at the same time. The number of passes required increases with the number of Augment slots on the target item.
    - The latter mitigates the risks of trying normal Augmenting with up to X number of augment slots. If anything fails, you lose just the protection item and get everything else back, as if you'd hit "undo".

In JP both are available from the recycle shop. 4-slot Augment Protections cost 10 AC Recycle Badges, and the Transfer Passes cost 2 class EXcubes apiece. Higher slot Augment Protections such as 5 and 6-slot are given out via campaigns. Datamining shows 7-slot ones exist, though they haven't been released yet.

Between the above, Augment capsules, Augment Factors, and S-Grade Augments you can achieve nearly any set of Augments and move them to newer gear, with no risk of failure. Just need enough meseta and class EXcubes.

IceBurner on
    3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
    Guess you don't play Global :P We have Augment Transfer Passes now.

That said, I put this Aether Factor on a weapon, not a unit. Seems I've more grinding to do! (Of course I do, I still don't have a second class at 80 yet)

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Steam
    Backlog Challenge List
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So, after the beta I forgot all that I knew and came back to "uh... wth, I don't feel like organizing all this" and now I'm trying again.

Which means I have to purge/make sense of this inventory... that which kills my playtime in all games. I am Braver 35 / Techter 20? But I gotta sort this inventory stuff out.

I am wearing:
    Weapon Barrier+4
    Rypouch B > Augments: Mutation I, Gale Ward I, Stamina I
    Destelen B > Augments: Toughness I, Casting I, Persona Soul

But what units are actually useful? It looks like the last time I tried to start up again I purged nearly all the units I had.

I am also sitting on a ton of low star weapons. I think I was goofing around with the infusion stuff? I'm thinking I should just purge/sell the weapons though. Are the other damage types really worth investing heavily into? Using a Alba Bow+30 with Light 50 (also a Dark 50) and a Sigalga+8 with Light 39 and Lucky Charm III.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    managing your inventory in PSO2 is indeed the biggest pain in the ass

BahamutZERO.gif
    PolaritieIanatorSkeithDranythJaysonFour
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So, after the beta I forgot all that I knew and came back to "uh... wth, I don't feel like organizing all this" and now I'm trying again.

Which means I have to purge/make sense of this inventory... that which kills my playtime in all games. I am Braver 35 / Techter 20? But I gotta sort this inventory stuff out.

I am wearing:
    Weapon Barrier+4
    Rypouch B > Augments: Mutation I, Gale Ward I, Stamina I
    Destelen B > Augments: Toughness I, Casting I, Persona Soul

But what units are actually useful? It looks like the last time I tried to start up again I purged nearly all the units I had.

I am also sitting on a ton of low star weapons. I think I was goofing around with the infusion stuff? I'm thinking I should just purge/sell the weapons though. Are the other damage types really worth investing heavily into? Using a Alba Bow+30 with Light 50 (also a Dark 50) and a Sigalga+8 with Light 39 and Lucky Charm III.

No. The number on the element matters far more than which it is (you get 50% more damage for having 50 there on any enemy, weakness is an additional multiplier separate from the value). I think only Force really cares about any other element at all (there's a case to made for lightning for them due to one of the passives the class gets).

I think augments are generally ignorable until endgame and stuff you're not going to replace soon - you'd have to look up what stuff might be worth keeping until then though.

For units? Weapon barrier until you can get some 12* units equipped, basically. You can get 3 of them pretty easily by creating three total chars and transferring them around (and you get a couple more eventually from... I don't recall what).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    IceBurner
    I did roll a second char my last attempt to get back into it, so I guess I can play through the campaign long enough to get another Weapon Barrier before resuming stuff on the main. there were a few achievements whose requirements I fulfilled but they never popped in the beta that I have to do again anyway.

I also discovered that the game does have 4K scaled font sizes today, so everything is easier to read. yay. this makes looking through the inventory a tad less tedious. only problem that I haven't been able to fix is the map coordinates clip off screen. There's an option to scale the visible area down that's supposed to let you see things if they're clipped off screen but it doesn't work. I need to figure out how to move the radar/map over to the left some, but trying to drag it with the mouse doesn't work.

• DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    managing your inventory in PSO2 is indeed the biggest pain in the ass

I definitely came to the same conclusion pretty early on, but yeah the inventory management is by far the worst part of the game. The second worst part is probably how they insist on covering the information of the UI with... well, just about anything and everything. NPC pop-up text, covering the middle of the screen with the gigantic event notifications, etc. Good lord.

• NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Even with maxed out inventory, it is terrible.
    Because there are so many utterly useless niche things taking space i'm not sure if i will suddenly need it or not.

All materials should be in a separate inventory, same for quest items.

edited September 26
    You can "rent" material storage... but I already complained about that a while back. >_>

tastydonuts on
    edited September 28
    I didn't know these episodes were so long, but I actually got through Episode 1 today. lol... and I'm 51BR/38SR or so. Probably should be higher since they drop these +exp and +triboost things like candy... thought they wouldn't so I had been hesitant to use them. o_o.

Read around and changed my subclass to Summoner for the stats instead of Tech had the PP I was trying to get more of but nothing for dex, which I need for bow, plus summoner has the same tech stuff I had wanted to use. My mag is over 100 now, and chock to the brim with DEX. ALL THE DEX. Thought maybe it would help my alt (who is a summoner) but I've yet to see a harmonizer or egg drop. so... ah well.

Reading around for "wat is best bow for poors" also got me to Dalz Varley for like 30k, and unlocked its rapid fire damage boost potential. So that's nice. The urgents on Super Hard have been hilarious.

But need to get more PP/address units now. D:

edit: wrecked again on super hard. we actually failed to time this time. Feels... good. dunno when the next urgent quest for luther will pop, but yeah. good times.

tastydonuts on
    So, this weekend I learned that there are uh... chair and pole dancing emotes in this game. I... don't really know what to make of that.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Sex Sells™

BahamutZERO.gif
    tastydonutsIanatorJaysonFour
    edited October 9
    officially reached the playtime of "you're going to see things".

random hentai symbol art during an entire urgent quest. which is weird, because I thought you had to draw the symbol art yourself. soo much time must have went into that set. D:

edit: this is on the xbox, mind you

tastydonuts on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    officially reached the playtime of "you're going to see things".

random hentai symbol art during an entire urgent quest. which is weird, because I thought you had to draw the symbol art yourself. soo much time must have went into that set. D:

edit: this is on the xbox, mind you

Nope, there's utilities that can convert stuff into symbol art.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited October 9
    didn't know they worked with the xbox version. that's... a double-edged kinda neat. o_o

tastydonuts on
  • useruser Registered User regular
    didn't know they worked with the xbox version. that's... a double-edged kinda neat. o_o

When you are on XBOX, you are playing with PC players, and what's more you can save any symbol art you've come across from your Symbol Art history, and so they tend to proliferate if they're good ones.

oh yeah, forgot about that.