As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wii U Thread: THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    In other news, I am in love with NES Remix, and apparently I suck really bad at Mario Bros, as I cannot rainbow star a bunch of the challenges.

Also, I think the get 10 1-ups thing for Super Mario Bros is broken, it seems to stop at 8-ups. Any advise from someone that has beaten that one?

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Unepic's great guys. Uses the gamepad pretty well too. You can either switch off the TV or you can put a bunch of items on there for "hotkeys" so you press it and equip/use it. It's very handy!

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Not gonna lie, I used Miiverse to get some clues on some green stars in Mario 3D World. And for Zelda Wind Waker HD it really integrates well with the Tingle Bottles and Pictograph stuff.

I'm playing Wind Waker right now so I'll give it a go. I've ignored the tingle bottle stuff so far because I never used the tuner on the GC version. Thanks!

edit: Gotta say, I was really sceptical about the gamepad at first, but after playing a bit of WW today with a pro controller because the battery on my pad ran out (grumble) I really missed having the touch screen.

815165 on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Unepic's great guys. Uses the gamepad pretty well too. You can either switch off the TV or you can put a bunch of items on there for "hotkeys" so you press it and equip/use it. It's very handy!

I heard it's got really unfunny/terrible writing and sense of humor.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    I'd be happy if this thread doesn't turn into armchair analyst talk. "Well, clearly Nintendo, a multi-billion dollar company, should listen to me, Random Internet Guy, and take these five easy steps to be successful: " (posted by five different people each offering different advice)

Nintendo needs to make Pro Wrestling 2, Excite Truck 2, Popeye HD, Pokemon Trading Card Game Wii U, and give all Wii U owners the extended gamepad battery for free. There, 5 easy steps to success...I'd be happy with any one of those (God I loved Excite Truck).

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014

The thing that's amazing is that (at least the original PC version) was all made by one guy.

It's actually not that bad and it's nice because it doesn't take itself seriously. Plus there are some nice game and movie references.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    There's a LOT of chatter in UnEpic. I'm hoping it dies down later in the game.

I picked up F1 Race Stars, too. I only had time to play the first cup but it seemed like a well made Mariokart-ish knockoff. I'll have to play more to get a better first impression.

reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I remember playing F-1 Race on my brick game boy. It was probably the only game that used the 4 player game link adapter, it actually came with it. Never got to actually use it though. It was an unremarkable racing game, the only thing I remember about it was that if you won first place you were greeted by Mario and bikini babes when you got your trophy.

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Voth wrote: »
    There's a LOT of chatter in UnEpic. I'm hoping it dies down later in the game.

I picked up F1 Race Stars, too. I only had time to play the first cup but it seemed like a well made Mariokart-ish knockoff. I'll have to play more to get a better first impression.

I would have preferred if Codemasters had ported F1 2013 (or 2014), but most of the reviews I've read regarding Race Stars have been pretty good.

• Options
    Oniros25Oniros25 Registered User regular
    Like the new thread title. Feels less defensive.

Nintendo Network ID: Oniros
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7489-3097
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So guy...about my dilemma on NES Remix? :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Wish I could help but I'm having the same problem with the 1-ups.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    In other news, I am in love with NES Remix, and apparently I suck really bad at Mario Bros, as I cannot rainbow star a bunch of the challenges.

Also, I think the get 10 1-ups thing for Super Mario Bros is broken, it seems to stop at 8-ups. Any advise from someone that has beaten that one?

You kinda have to fidget with it. I don't recall exactly what I did, if I threw an extra jump in there by tapping the a button or what but I eventually passed it.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I jumped back on thr shell after falling off, and that time it actually reached 10.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    W101 for $23.99 at Best Buy.

Slightly regret including it in my Target B2G1 purchase last year. I paid $34 for it when I could have managed $24 if I had just waited a few months.

Fuckshitballs.

Oh wait, nevermind, I managed to get it for $22.16 after all because of the 30% off coupon and the 5% off for using my red card. Hah.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    TW101 is $24 directly from Amazon, but unfortunately it's out of stock. Otherwise it's about $31.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I'm trying to remember, did the patch ever come out that lets you hook multiple USB drives up to one unit?

Pretty sure my "music skipping" issue is that the USB drive I used was too old and slow (since after I copied the game to the internal storage the problem went away), so I'm thinking of getting a new one and transferring my purchases to it.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Wish I could help but I'm having the same problem with the 1-ups.

I'll take another look later, but I think I just had to try that one a lot of times until it played out in a way that let me get the 8 lives without any real input, then readjusting the tiniest bit for the last two before I bounced off. Lots of trial and error though.

There are a few like that, but overall it's such a great package. Brilliant way to use their back catalogue. Which team was behind it anyway?

• Options
    edited January 2014
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember, did the patch ever come out that lets you hook multiple USB drives up to one unit?

I've never even heard that this was going to ever happen...

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    The last firmware update allowed you to use a second had to transfer files to a new hdd but it will still only read from one USB to access content. So, the second hdd is only active for the transfer function.

on another note, I keep thinking to myself that I was going to run out of pages soon because I've purchased almost everything digitally but then I noticed that when you fill a page it just adds another blank page to the end. It's like chasing the horizon

reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    They want you to keep chasing that horizon.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TW101 is $24 directly from Amazon, but unfortunately it's out of stock. Otherwise it's about $31.

Well, Best Buy also has it on sale and Target will price match Best Buy as wel.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    1) I'm playing Ark

Pretty sure my "music skipping" issue is that the USB drive I used was too old and slow (since after I copied the game to the internal storage the problem went away), so I'm thinking of getting a new one and transferring my purchases to it.
    Wait, you can play music? I thought it didn't have any media features, I didn't see even a music player. It's been annoying me that I can't sync it up with the music in my PC but as cheap as big drives are...

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    JihadJesus wrote: »

Wait, you can play music? I thought it didn't have any media features, I didn't see even a music player. It's been annoying me that I can't sync it up with the music in my PC but as cheap as big drives are...

Oh, no, you can't. I mean the music in-game for downloaded titles would just stop playing for like 30 seconds every so often. The gameplay itself and sound effects don't stop, just the background music. Mostly notice it in Wind Waker and SM3DW.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Best Buy seems to have Lego City on sale for $40. I loaned out my copy to a new Wii U owner/Lego nut, and I'm thinking of her just buying her a copy of her own...hmm...

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Best Buy seems to have Lego City on sale for $40. I loaned out my copy to a new Wii U owner/Lego nut, and I'm thinking of her just buying her a copy of her own...hmm...

You should. The more copies sold the better.

It's also $40 on Amazon.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

You should. The more copies sold the better.

It's also $40 on Amazon.

Bah, it's a bit too much for an impulse buy. If I see it in the future for cheaper I'll grab her one, but for now I'm fine with her having mine on extended loan.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular

Agreed. So glad i picked this up on the WiiU instead of Steam. Playing on my 42" tv, its kinda small. Swapping over to the tablet is much better and easier to see.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Grabbed Castle Storm. I like it. Very busy game as you advance but I am having fun and the art style reminds me a bunch of Warcraft 3, and I think that's a good thing.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular

Its actually quite good in the humor/writing department. Lots of old videogame/pop culture references. Im loving it so far.

The hot key system really is the bees knees. So good. Just the game ive been looking for.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Haven't been in for a while.

I've beaten every 'Back to Origins' level in Rayman, and Sonic Lost World is kind of not worth the effort to finish. I've given up on getting everything.

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Wait, unrelated but when did we get a 'so raven' button?!

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Quical wrote: »
    Wait, unrelated but when did we get a 'so raven' button?!
    Exactly when we most needed it.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I didn't understand the context for the bro button (were you supposed to be agreeing with an offer of a brofist or are you disagreeing with a concerned 'bro?')

I REALLY don't understand So Raven. I guess I'm just a square.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I used "Bro?" as a "man that kinda sucks, or that was pretty bro-some"

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My fiancee got me Pikmin 3 for my birthday! She has already fallen in love with how cute the are...and cried at their deaths. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    According to Wikipedia "That's So Raven" was an 'American supernatural teen sitcom television series' with a main character called Raven.

I do not feel that helps me understand the new button.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KdDTjhogsY

Get it now?

The real rundown is that That's So Raven was one of the big precursors to the Disney Channel teen show boom, except That's So Raven was nowhere near as cool as Lizzie McGuire or Sonny with a Chance, and didn't have the huge mainstream success that Lizzie McGuire and Hannah Montana had

(And then Nickelodeon came along and ate their lunch because iCarly is better than all of them)

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    So Raven means so silly. It can also mean so black. I am not certain if this was a good idea.

Krathoon on