Options

Wii U Thread: THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Renzo wrote: »
    Wait until E3.

whoa I'm getting deja vu to 2006 here

And 2013? (Okay maybe not 2013 because there was a new 3DS game every week last year.) And every year in between?

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Wait for ____. That'll save the PS3 WiiU for sure!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    God please tell me there's a Metroid on the horizon.

• Options

Never said anything would be saved. The WiiU is past that point.

But games will be announced at E3, that's a given.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Metroid: Anima Metal Attack is out in december.

By the guys who brought you M:OM!

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I can't wait until E3 for Nintendo specifically. Once Mario Kart and Smash Brothers are out, other than the inevitable regular Zelda game and a Metroid game it opens up the field to stuff that's completely new or approaches to old things that we'd never expect.

Like Zelda Dynasty Warriors? Never would have seen that coming.Or Fire Emblem X SMT. Never ever. I'm hoping they'll have some interesting ideas for what to do after all of their "to be expected" releases are out. Because I mean, they kind of have to.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    A post-fusion game where Samus is on the run from Feds and Pirates alike, who want acces to her altered genetic code, might be interesting. Explore several planets to find evidence of the illegal cloning labs, in order to prove her innocence in the BSL disaster and get Dane to root out the bad apples in the Federation.

And kill Ridley again, for food measure.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Metroid the visual novel

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

No one said that...

All he said is that there should be games announced at E3 that we don't know about...which is an obvious prediction.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I know I'm in the minority - but I'd like Nintendoland 2 - I really liked the original and it's super fun with a group of people.

And yes, I get it's the Wii U thread and therefore the console's failures are up for discussion - but this conversation recycles itself every month or two and it gets old. Regardless of what news spurs the talk on, the end results are pretty much the same talking points.

• Options
    Oh wait. An idea. Since Samus now has Metroid in her genes, what if a post-Fusion game include Metroid-based powers in her arsenal?

Like, remember the Electro Grapple in Corruption? What if that was expanded into a weapon that allowed Samus to drain life energy from enemies or plant life, restoring her shields and reducing the target to dust? It might even be useful in puzzles, if you could dust plants blocking the path, or drain/overload machinery.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Oh wait. An idea. Since Samus now has Metroid in her genes, what if a post-Fusion game include Metroid-based powers in her arsenal?

Like, remember the Electro Grapple in Corruption? What if that was expanded into a weapon that allowed Samus to drain life energy from enemies or plant life, restoring her shields and reducing the target to dust? It might even be useful in puzzles, if you could dust plants blocking the path, or drain/overload machinery.

I want Samus to latch onto her enemies, ride them around, and laugh as they flail around, unable to throw her off, as she slowly drains their power.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    There's a sick part of me that wants Nintendoland 2 to be Nintendo's big E3 announcement just to see how the internet reacts.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'd even be happy if they took the Metroid game from Nintendoland and turned it into a downloadable standalone full product. It was so much fun. Maybe as a Hunters game somehow.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Rumor has it that there may be a Mario Kart 8 demo. I really hope it's true.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    There's a sick part of me that wants Nintendoland 2 to be Nintendo's big E3 announcement just to see how the internet reacts.

I've got a better one:

Wii Music 2. (Or Wii Music U, if you prefer.)

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular

I've got a better one:

Wii Music 2. (Or Wii Music U, if you prefer.)

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    I would love a Nintendoland sequel. My family has gotten hours of entertainment out of just Mario Chase/Luigi's Mansion/Sweet Day.

Also the Metroid game is arguably the best of the bunch. My wife loves and still plays the Donkey Kong game, and I love the Yoshi one. The whole package got way too much hate because it's pretty awesome all around.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options

Renzo wrote: »

I want Samus to latch onto her enemies, ride them around, and laugh as they flail around, unable to throw her off, as she slowly drains their power.

I believe the answer here gentlemen is a Morph Ball upgrade that would turn the Morph Ball into a Metroid.

• Options
    I was thinking of either a grapple beam, or a close range move where Samus dematerializes the armor on her left hand to grab whatever passes for a neck, but that works too.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I just want a new Metroid game.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Not done by Team Ninja.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    And with Sakamoto nowhere fucking near it.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Oh don't be such a The baby.

• Options
    Just call on Retro again.

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Is Nintendo even doing an E3 presentation/keynote this year? Or are they doing the Direct thing again?

I feel like they blew it last year by "skipping" E3, I didn't understand the logic there since they really needed a big boost in perception at the time and instead just sent out a YouTube video of announcements.

• Options
    Hell they have Mario Kart 8 coming out next month and they skipped PAX.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Hell they have Mario Kart 8 coming out next month and they skipped PAX.

Which KILLS me because even if they didn't have that they could have had a ton of games to show/play and have a bunch of people really interested in the game. I was there. People were lining up for the XBO booth and PS4 booth. They were all over the place.

NOA needs to get their shit together.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    Is Nintendo even doing an E3 presentation/keynote this year? Or are they doing the Direct thing again?

I feel like they blew it last year by "skipping" E3, I didn't understand the logic there since they really needed a big boost in perception at the time and instead just sent out a YouTube video of announcements.

I felt like the Direct was a better alternative to the clusterfuck that was the E3 2011 conference.

The Skyward Sword demo was just embarrassing on all fronts.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    I've heard the direct was a one-time thing.

• Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    I wish they were at PAX this year. You're right. So many impressionable gamers there that could have been sold on a WiiU. And I also would have loved to play MK8 obviously.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    It's weird. They were at SXSW, and the lines to play the Mario Kart 8 demos were the longest lines in the hall by far. Why wouldn't they go to PAX?

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Giant screens with Mario Kart 8, over an area designed for people chill out, sit down in comfy chairs or giant bean bags to demo 4 player vs races and battle mode.

Just seems like such an obvious thing to do.

Viskod on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I disagree about PS4 not being amazing. Infamous: Second Son definitely has next gen graphics and motion capture. It hits that "uncanny valley" of looking almost real. That game should have been a launch title.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    Just call on Retro again.

Much as I like the Prime series, I wanna see another different take on Metroid. My current pipe dream is a reboot from Crystal Dynamics, the guys behind the Tomb Raider reboot.

Either that or see if Sega can set up Aliens vs. Metroid.

• Options
    But Metroids are aliens.

• Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    But Metroids are aliens.

True, but do they have acid blood? Think of the possibilities!

I even figured out the suit downgrade tradition, you have a scene where Samus spinesharks into a Xenomorph, covering her in the acid, and as it dissolves her suit she either rips it off with some injury or it takes emergency precautions and downgrades her to the zero suit. In a room with a few gangs of Xenomorphs roaming about with a few more hiding in the walls. It'd be intense!

Hey, anything's better than M:OM at this point

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I disagree about PS4 not being amazing. Infamous: Second Son definitely has next gen graphics and motion capture. It hits that "uncanny valley" of looking almost real. That game should have been a launch title.

Did someone say it wasn't amazing? I must have missed that.

I will own a PS4 once Batman releases. That and Second Son will be mine! :D

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Uggh, I suspect that the HDMI port on my WiiU is shot. I'll need to connect it to a different TV to verify, though. I just know that somewhere along the WiiU-cable-TV connection, it's degenerated from requiring a bit of wiggling to work to just not working at all.

• Options
    But the Gravity Suit resists acid.