Options

Wii U Thread: THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Mario Sunshine has creepy Yoshis that dissolve in water.

Nightmare fuel, I tell ya'.
    Yoshi, nooooooooo! :s Why, dammit?! WHY?!? It should have been me! :'(
    Sunshine has a slightly undercooked feeling to it.

Agreed. Aside from seeing Super Mario 64 DS get the HD treatment on Wii U, it's the game I most want to see remade (and if you click, Martinet wants more Sunshine, too). "New Play Control" style with the Wii Remote could be great (aim FLUDD with the Wii Remote? Yes, please), though I'd say they should keep the old style, too.
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I sure HOPE the next Mario installment won't be another galaxy :/

33dxc8j.jpg

I'd love another Galaxy, but... not just yet, you know? Give it a little rest, a little time for those creative juices to stew, and then do it once again...
    And include playable Peach, Toad, and Rosalina.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Galaxy had the better music of all the 3D Platforming Marios.

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Just to note about Project CARS:

That's from PC, and that's what the game looks like RIGHT NOW and it's not feature complete. People post videos of test runs on youtube all of the time (CARS stands for Community Assisted Racing Simulator and is being tested and partly developed with community support). With a high end GPU you get all kinds of additional smoke and other effects on top of that which is what the video probably shows, in which case it would be using a GTX 780. You won't get that on PS4 but it will look pretty nice. The developers are some of the people that worked on NFSMWU, so don't count out some really nice visuals on Wii U which they specifically said they are striving for on the system.

Also the game is serious in the way that Grand Turismo or Forza are serious. They are more arcade-y game modes/settings however for people that don't want that fiddly of an experience.

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    I think I gave Forza a shot a few years ago, since it came with one of my games. I hit the first turn and slammed into the wall. I tried it again and did the same thing. This went on for about 15 minutes until I realized those games weren't for me.

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I miss the analog shoulder buttons from the GameCube.

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    urahonky wrote: »
    I think I gave Forza a shot a few years ago, since it came with one of my games. I hit the first turn and slammed into the wall. I tried it again and did the same thing. This went on for about 15 minutes until I realized those games weren't for me.

That's why PCARS has "assist" settings. For when you just want to drive around without worrying about every corner.
    Enlong wrote: »
    I miss the analog shoulder buttons from the GameCube.
    I've always wanted a return of those but with greatly reduced travel time. Still keeping the click though. Gotta have that. All other triggers/bumpers feel silly since they don't have it.

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    There weren't a lot of games that took advantage of the analog triggers that I can recall. Sunshine let you control water pressure for fludd, and Melee had the variable shield strength when blocking, which I didn't like since it took too long to get to full power with a full click.

I think maybe some racing games used it? I think Battalion Wars had analog gas acceleration for the land vehicles.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Pretty much every racing game uses Analog triggers.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options

Well the ones that matter didn't use them. :P

• Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    I miss the GameCube controller in general. Bring it back Nintendo. Or at least just make another production run so I can stock up.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular

For acceleration? F-Zero? Mario Kart?

Oddly enough I don't think I have ever once played a racing game using analog triggers for acceleration. And I don't think it's ever affected the game adversely.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Yeah modern console racing game use analog triggers, but I can't remember any that used them on the Gamecube.

Also, talking about Gamecube VC possibilities, the original Classic Controller for Wii had springy L and R buttons for some reason, I don't know if they were analog. Though that wouldn't matter since the Classic Controller Pro pretty much replaces it now as far as what you see in stores.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Bl-87ubIgAALkC8.png

NINTENDO STAHP

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Ack! I want the new ones!

They need to make a Waluigi one for @Rorus Raz

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Ack! I want the new ones!

They need to make a Waluigi one for @Rorus Raz

Hey, just because he's the only one with the avatar doesn't mean he's the only WAA in town.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Looks like my Gold Zelda remote is going up on eBay then. I wonder if it's worth much.

I betcha I can probably make a nice amount if I list my Gold Classic Controller, Wii Remote Plus, and Nunchuck all in one auction.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Those solid-colored Wiimote sleeves look good. I feel bad for requesting 4 sleeves (when I still only had one Wiimote) when Nintendo offered them for free for launch Wii owners after they started shipping Wiimotes with them and the thicker wrist straps.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    My inner child wants those remotes, but the adult me is going, "DO YOU WANT TO DIE ALONE?".

• Options
    My inner child wants those remotes, but the adult me is going, "DO YOU WANT TO DIE ALONE?".

Any <whatever>friend that stops talking to you because of that is a <whatever>friend you don't want to have by your side for the rest of your time on this rock.

• Options
    KroenenKroenen Registered User regular
    Ugh. I kept turning my Wii U on to go download NES Remix 2 from the shop this morning...

It comes out on Friday? Don't they update on Thursday? Bah.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Kroenen wrote: »
    Ugh. I kept turning my Wii U on to go download NES Remix 2 from the shop this morning...

It comes out on Friday? Don't they update on Thursday? Bah.

Yeah I thought it was Thursday too, didn't realize it wasn't until I saw the eShop update press release.

Not that I'd be able to download it until tonight anyway...

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Wasn't super fond of the Mario/Luigi remotes, the Peach one was okay, but the Yoshi one looks awesome.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    Looks like my Gold Zelda remote is going up on eBay then. I wonder if it's worth much.

I betcha I can probably make a nice amount if I list my Gold Classic Controller, Wii Remote Plus, and Nunchuck all in one auction.

I'd absolutely buy those from you, or work out some sort of trade.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I like my gold Wiimote +.

But the speaker is very nearly dead. Which makes playing games like Fragile Dreams annoying.

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Those are sexy remotes, but I also want the persons that are holding them.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
      edited April 2014
      I just got a job at Nintendo starting next week. :)
      And before you ask, no, I will not leak any juicy behind-the-scenes info. ;p

Edit: Bolded and larger text for maximum alertness!

MNC Dover on
      Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
      Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
      Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
      Steam ID
      Twitch Page
    • Options
      WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
      MNC Dover wrote: »

Can you at least tell us what kind of job or in what department or is that part of the NDA as well?

I think you should know I'm going to be jealous either way, though.

• Options

Can you at least tell us what kind of job or in what department or is that part of the NDA as well?

Sure. I'm going to be a game tester. I'll be finding bugs in upcoming releases. They assign us a game and we test until it's ready to go. Could be a big IP release or something less desirable. Either way I'm happy to finally get my foot in the gaming industry door.

Steam ID
      Twitch Page
    • Options
      edited April 2014
      Is it because of the SwapNote RPG you designed?

Also you totally shouldn't have told us this. Now it'll be more suspicious when you drive 50 miles to a StarBucks with a throw-away laptop to register a new account and leak info. Oh it just so happens to have been leaked on the same forum where that guy said he got a job at Nintendo?

Other forums are still fair game though, so I'll be keeping an eye out.

UncleSporky on
      Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    • Options
      Is it because of the SwapNote RPG you designed?

Naw, but I'll definitely bring that up though once I'm in. :)

Steam ID
      Twitch Page
    • Options
      BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
      all glitches now solely mnc's fault

CD World Tour status:
      Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    • Options
      WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

Sure. I'm going to be a game tester. I'll be finding bugs in upcoming releases. They assign us a game and we test until it's ready to go. Could be a big IP release or something less desirable. Either way I'm happy to finally get my foot in the gaming industry door.

Isn't that the job where you have to play a game so often that you become absolutely disgusted with it through sheer overexposure?

I'm still happy for you, but I'm finding myself feeling a little less jealous as well.

• Options

Great to have a mole on the inside. Now go and get close to Reggie.

Congrats.

Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
      @MNC Dover‌ congrats! I've heard scary things about game testing, but either way this is a great opportunity! Jealous :P

pssst you should totally PM me insider details, I can keep secrets!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
      3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
      Steam profile
    • Options
      I seriously wonder about Reggie when he's "off." Does he even have an "off" state, or has he been a corporate mouthpiece for so much of his life that he just lives and breathes his company all the time? I don't think anyone could take that for very long.

When is he human, and what are his real thoughts at that time?

• Options
      RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
      I seriously wonder about Reggie when he's "off." Does he even have an "off" state, or has he been a corporate mouthpiece for so much of his life that he just lives and breathes his company all the time? I don't think anyone could take that for very long.

When is he human, and what are his real thoughts at that time?

This sounds like a back of the box quote for "Tomodachi Life: Reggie Edition"

• Options
      agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular

Can you be my uncle who works at Nintendo?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    • Options
      agoaj wrote: »

Is your Aunt hot?

Nintendo Console Codes
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options

Sure, why the hell not.
      skeldare wrote: »

Is your Aunt hot?

If I'm his Uncle, then yes, I can assure you his Aunt-in-law is super hot. :)

Steam ID
      Twitch Page