Options

Wii U Thread: THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I have a gold Nunchuck. Good ol' Ebay.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    You should probably start reading The Trenches comic now and reading the anonymous articles.

Just to you know, make sure your body is ready.

Viskod on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »
    I just got a job at Nintendo starting next week. :)
    And before you ask, no, I will not leak any juicy behind-the-scenes info. ;p

Edit: Bolded and larger text for maximum alertness!

Can you be my uncle who works at Nintendo?

Sure, why the hell not.
    skeldare wrote: »

Is your Aunt hot?

If I'm his Uncle, then yes, I can assure you his Aunt-in-law is super hot. :)

B-but I'm the uncle. :(

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Congrats @MNC Dover get me Reggie's autograph!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Sure, why the hell not.

Is your Aunt hot?

If I'm his Uncle, then yes, I can assure you his Aunt-in-law is super hot. :)

B-but I'm the uncle. :(

Yeah but now Dover is the cool one that we want to come visit because he brings us all stuff from Nintendo.

And you just wear a chefs hat.

Viskod on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Dammit, NES Remix 2 doesn't hit the eShop until 9 AM tomorrow? Well there goes my night.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Awesome news Dover! Good luck duder!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    @MNC Dover

Bring up Pokemon Snap

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    b1rdman wrote: »
    I miss the GameCube controller in general. Bring it back Nintendo. Or at least just make another production run so I can stock up.

Wii U compatible version, please.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    b1rdman wrote: »
    I miss the GameCube controller in general. Bring it back Nintendo. Or at least just make another production run so I can stock up.

There was a production run in Japan in white to match the Wii hardware, there's still some floating about the internet if you're interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Nintendo-White-Classic-Gamecube-Controller/dp/B0017KIBAI

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I can actually get it for $11.20 with my GCU discount :P

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    I can actually get it for $11.20 with my GCU discount :P

Well then you should buy 2 copies :P

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Shit, even I almost want to buy a copy at that price

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    How does AC4 run on the Wii U? I saw mixed stuff about frame rate or whatever.
    It's currently available for £20 in Sainsbury's near me (as is Kid Icarus: Uprising, but I already own that). Or I can get it from Amazon for like £15.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    Quical wrote: »
    It's currently available for £20 in Sainsbury's near me (as is Kid Icarus: Uprising, but I already own that). Or I can get it from Amazon for like £15.

I played through the entire game on Wii U and never noticed any framerate issues. Not that I was really looking.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Quical wrote: »

If you're sensitive to that sort of stuff, it seems like you'd likely notice it

The Digital Foundry comparison actually claimed Wii U as the worst version out there, even compared to 360/PS3

And I was definitely noticing framerate issues on PS3 when in Havana

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    The AC4 framerate is not great. When chasing someone through Havana (I.e moving quickly and turning corners) it took me a good while to adjust to it. A bit frustrating, but playable.

However, when the game got to the open seas everything was fine. And having a map on the GamePad was really nice too, so I feel the Wii U compensates a bit for the FR problems. Plus it's a fantastic game. If you don't have a PS4 or XB1 (note: even the XB1 can't hit 30 fps consistantly), I reckon the game is a must buy on the Wii U.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    There is no reason not to own AC4 at that price.

Maybe if you don't own a WiiU. Maybe.

• Options
    I'd rather just get it for the PS4 later. So it looks better.

Mario Kart 8 will be my next Wii U purchase.

• Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    I was thinking of picking it up for ps4 later. But also... Gamepad play. Decisions.

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    *twitch*

I don't know if I'll be able to resist.

I don't like the AC series at all, but I love all things pirates....what to do, what to do...

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I think this is kosher to post about since the Kickstarter is over now...

A while back Game Atelier made a Kickstarter for Flying Hamster 2.

For background, Flying Hamster 1 was a mobile/PSP/Vita/PS3 game in the vein of Parodius or other side scrolling shooters. The video for Flying Hamster 2 really caught my eye though because it's directly inspired by Wonder Boy in Monster World which was one of my favorite Genesis games. More importantly, it was also planned to be released on more platforms including possibly 3DS and Wii U.

The art style is just awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Cb0kJ7MqM&feature=youtu.be

Sadly the Kickstarter wasn't doing too well, and just today they cancelled it...but things turned out alright after all, because they're going to be published by FDG Entertainment! They're getting a Steam release first and other ports will follow that. Hopefully Wii U is still on the table.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    http://www.gonintendo.com/s/227008-oflc-update-mega-man-battle-network-3-white-blue-rated-for-wii-u-vc

w1.png

w2.png

Yay! Probably my favorite GBA game. I just played through it again a couple of months ago so I'm not gonna buy it again now, but it's nice to see that the GBA VC is coming along nicely.

Word of advice: get the Blue version. Starting with Battle Network 3, Capcom took a cue from Pokemon and released each game in two versions. However, BN3 was initally released as just one game in Japan, which got an updated rerelease a couple of months later. What was released in the West as Battle Network 3 Blue is based on that updated rerelease, which means it has a couple of features that the White version is lacking, like being able to fight Mr. Famous' Navi Punk.exe.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    My worst fear is starting to come to true... My gamepad's buttons are getting sticky. With an 11 month old and house full of people who don't wash their hands before touching controllers... I'm actually surprised it lasted this long.

• Options
    Sweet, Battle Network Blue is the only game in the series I used to own. I wish I never got rid of it.

Will be rebuying it.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    ugh, why did they skip 1 and 2?

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Didn't White also have some exclusive fights/chips? I remember BowlMan and MistMan being exclusive, for example.

Which was a bit of an annoyance, since reaching the last room of the bonus dungeon and getting to fight Serenade required a complete chip collection.

Or maybe I'm wrong about needing both versions? I honestly never got anywhere near enough chips when I played it myself.

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    My worst fear is starting to come to true... My gamepad's buttons are getting sticky. With an 11 month old and house full of people who don't wash their hands before touching controllers... I'm actually surprised it lasted this long.

That's why my son is only allowed to touch the Wii Remotes (and even then) ...

GamePad is Daddy's. He does get to make selections on the screen sometimes he's not allowed to do anything else with it.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »

Well, we don't know the release schedule yet, maybe they're gonna release the first two as well.

I could understand skipping the first one though. It's definitely the least polished one - I could see some people being turned off the series if that's the first one they play.
    Enlong wrote: »
    Didn't White also have some exclusive fights/chips? I remember BowlMan and MistMan being exclusive, for example.

Which was a bit of an annoyance, since reaching the last room of the bonus dungeon and getting to fight Serenade required a complete chip collection.

Or maybe I'm wrong about needing both versions? I honestly never got anywhere near enough chips when I played it myself.

Yeah, it has a couple exclusive chips, but Blue simply has more stuff. The differences are few and far between though, so picking up both versions is not really worth it.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Will the VC Mega Man Battle Network have multiplayer/chip trading?

• Options
    Will the VC Mega Man Battle Network have multiplayer/chip trading?

Probably not, I don't think any of the VC GBA games have multiplayer features. Not sure how that would work anyway.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Well, we don't know the release schedule yet, maybe they're gonna release the first two as well.

I could understand skipping the first one though. It's definitely the least polished one - I could see some people being turned off the series if that's the first one they play.

Yeah, it has a couple exclusive chips, but Blue simply has more stuff. The differences are few and far between though, so picking up both versions is not really worth it.

And you can get enough chips to reach Serenade with only 1 version?

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »

And you can get enough chips to reach Serenade with only 1 version?

I think so? I'm not sure though.

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    God damnit Capcom....

Still waiting for the Pheonix Wright 5 discount...

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    If Capcom were competent a MMBN sorta-MMO would already be a thing. (Think something like Diablo or Phantasy Star Online instead of a full-blown MMO)

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    If Capcom were competent a MMBN sorta-MMO would already be a thing. (Think something like Diablo or Phantasy Star Online instead of a full-blown MMO)

That would also require Capcom to care about Mega Man.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited April 2014

That would also require Capcom to care about Mega Man.

Hency the competency part. Capcom is sitting on one of the industry's best-selling, most well-known icons and they're doing jack shit with it.

And this isn't even a Sonic situation where there's been a string of bad games to sully his image, no no, most Mega Man games have been damn fine.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    The problem with Mega Man was never really quality but oversaturation.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA