As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wii U Thread: THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    artco.png

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, the Mega Man flood gates opened up in 2000 and across platforms and series there were 25 Mega Man games released by 2008.

Viskod on
    An interesting interview with the voice actress of Rosalina

http://www.gamevoices.co.uk/profiles/blogs/april-s-15-minute-video-game-actor-interview-mercedes-rose
    Gamevoices: Do you have an anecdote from any games vo you have done?

MR: The real hilarious stuff comes AFTER the recording! The fan mail I receive is ridiculously funny.
    I have been asked 'Did you know Princess Rosalina was a lesbian when you voiced her?"
    and "What did you wear when you recorded her?" And many more letters not fit to print!

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    An interesting interview with the voice actress of Rosalina

http://www.gamevoices.co.uk/profiles/blogs/april-s-15-minute-video-game-actor-interview-mercedes-rose
    Gamevoices: Do you have an anecdote from any games vo you have done?

MR: The real hilarious stuff comes AFTER the recording! The fan mail I receive is ridiculously funny.
    I have been asked 'Did you know Princess Rosalina was a lesbian when you voiced her?"
    and "What did you wear when you recorded her?" And many more letters not fit to print!

sigpic52472_3.gif

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    That's so disappointing... At least she had a sense of humor about it.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    NES Remix 2 is kinda fun so far.

Wait, there's only 7 scenes in the Punch-Out! section? Boo.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    This is a fun game; the base games are a bit more fun than the last collection.

But some of them seem too short. Punch-Out doesn't even reach anyone in the Major Circuit, for example.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

But some of them seem too short. Punch-Out doesn't even reach anyone in the Major Circuit, for example.

Well yeah, you gotta buy the Virtual Console version if you want to experience all the content. ;)

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, I get that, but some of them really do well at hitting the notes up to the end of the game. Kid Icarus and Metroid, for example.

Though, Kid Icarus could also stand to be longer. At least it ends on a boss fight.

Enlong on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    That's so disappointing... At least she had a sense of humor about it.

Well the lesbian person clearly has opinions on single moms but voice actors get the what were you wearing question a lot because people assume you just hop out of bed and yell for three hours

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    Wario's Woods is a little impregnable if you never played the original.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Picked up that AC 4 game today at Best Buy. Ridiculous deal really. Question is if I should bother to start with AC 1/2 or just start at the Wii U titles I have, 3 and 4?

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    If you think you'd care about the overarching fiction (which is really cool), it's worth playing through the series up to this point. Revelations can be skipped, as not a whole lot happens in it.

If you just want awesome pirate action, just start with IV

• MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    I think I'm missing brotherhood actually, but I have the rest on the 360. I noticed 3 had a big 'catch up' story bit when my son played it though, thus why I wondered if the previous games were worth the investment. I heard bad things about 1 mostly.

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    1 is repetitive as hell, but I still find it pretty fun personally

2 is amazing, Brotherhood was the best for a long while until Black Flag came along

Revelations...eh

3 has a ton of frustration but I've come to appreciate it more in retrospect

• EmbassyEmbassy Captain CanadaRegistered User regular
    I played the heck out of Wario's Woods when I had it in Animal Crossing on GCN, in fact I would load up AC just to play WW for a couple hours. It's really not that hard if you have about 20 minutes to get used to it first. If NES Remix 2 is your first time seeing the game, I can imagine it being tricky. But if you think about it - you are controlling Toad, and the only other time you control Toad on NES is in SMB2, and so the lifting/placing/throwing stuff is easier to wrap your head around if you think about the game as an SMB2 spin-off.

Add me on Wii U! NNID: DJEmbassy
    Add me on 3DS! 3351-4071-0684
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Ok, I am having fun just reading other people's NES Remix 2 miiverse pictures:
    zlCfzR2Wm5QApEE7ua

zlCfzR2R-VMOq4mVO5

zlCfzR2VprwDOPXsZ_

These last two are mine:
    zlCfzR2bLSEJXq3_kW

zlCfzR2ZuQAATdJvWd

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    I know it's technically correct, but it kinda makes me sad that they call Kuribo's shoe Goomba's shoe in NES Remix 2.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    Embassy wrote: »
    I played the heck out of Wario's Woods when I had it in Animal Crossing on GCN, in fact I would load up AC just to play WW for a couple hours. It's really not that hard if you have about 20 minutes to get used to it first. If NES Remix 2 is your first time seeing the game, I can imagine it being tricky. But if you think about it - you are controlling Toad, and the only other time you control Toad on NES is in SMB2, and so the lifting/placing/throwing stuff is easier to wrap your head around if you think about the game as an SMB2 spin-off.

I ended up getting rainbows for all the Wario's Woods stages tonight anyway. I still don't feel like I'm any good at it. I can see that it's a pretty unique and cool match game though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    One thing I really like about NES Remix 2 that I'm surprised more people aren't talking about, is the fact that you can watch replays of people who posted on Miiverse as well as your previous best times. Very cool.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

Oh man I should buy it then - I was so afraid they'd put me in those last punch out fights that I was avoiding the purchase

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    One thing I really like about NES Remix 2 that I'm surprised more people aren't talking about, is the fact that you can watch replays of people who posted on Miiverse as well as your previous best times. Very cool.

Without this feature, I never would've rainbow'd the "Collect Mario coins as Kirby" remix.

I know it's technically correct, but it kinda makes me sad that they call Kuribo's shoe Goomba's shoe in NES Remix 2.

They did some other retranslations, too. Barba is now Volvagia.

• RegretRegret Registered User regular
    Nintendo on Friday warned it would swing back into the red this fiscal year as the Japanese gaming giant slashed its sales target for the Wii U console, blaming poor sales over the key holiday season.

http://www.nst.com.my/world/nintendo-forecasts-net-loss-slashes-wii-u-sales-target-1.580061

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Okay.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    Jesus some of these NES Remix 1 games. I'm so glad we evolved from "Mario Bros." That game is so goddamn awful.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

Yes this is one of my favorite new features I think. Probably the only way I could beat some of the Punch Out! crap because I don't know shit about how to play that game. I should probably actually do the challenges for that one...

Barba has been Volvagia for a long time - I want to say since Zelda 2 was on Wii VC or something. Barba has always been a bad translation (japanese name: Barubajia - same reason they fucked up "Varia Suit" which should have been "Barrier Suit"). So I'm ok with that. OoT fixed it and then they retroactively went back and fixed Zelda 2.

Granted, Kuribo's Shoe (and Jugem's Cloud) are also wrong (not even bad translations - they are NOT translated). But those items don't ever really show up again in other Mario games, so it's sad :( Actually, I still don't know why Mario enemies were translated so WILDLY different from their Japanese names. Like, they aren't even translations - they just made up brand new, nonsensical names for everything in SMB1. (seriously, where the hell did they pull "Lakitu" out of "Jugem"?)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Also FUCK World 6 in DK:TF. And FUCK that polar bear boss.

Warlock82 wrote: »
    Granted, Kuribo's Shoe (and Jugem's Cloud) are also wrong (not even bad translations - they are NOT translated). But those items don't ever really show up again in other Mario games, so it's sad :( Actually, I still don't know why Mario enemies were translated so WILDLY different from their Japanese names. Like, they aren't even translations - they just made up brand new, nonsensical names for everything in SMB1. (seriously, where the hell did they pull "Lakitu" out of "Jugem"?)

Which is why I enjoyed seeing the ice skate item in 3D World.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Regret wrote: »
    Nintendo on Friday warned it would swing back into the red this fiscal year as the Japanese gaming giant slashed its sales target for the Wii U console, blaming poor sales over the key holiday season.

http://www.nst.com.my/world/nintendo-forecasts-net-loss-slashes-wii-u-sales-target-1.580061

With only $10.5 billion dollars in the bank they could take losses in the millions every year and it wouldnt be a problem for another 40 or so years give or take.

In light of that, losing money every year this console generation until they decide what they are going to do next means absolutely nothing to them financially.

Viskod on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

With only $10.5 billion dollars in the bank they could take losses in the millions every year and it wouldnt be a problem for another 40 or so years give or take.

In light if that, losing money every year this console generation until they decide what they are going to do next means absolutely nothing to them financially.

No no no. You're doing it wrong.

mariogalaxy2-doom.jpg

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

edited April 2014
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Yes this is one of my favorite new features I think. Probably the only way I could beat some of the Punch Out! crap because I don't know shit about how to play that game. I should probably actually do the challenges for that one...

Barba has been Volvagia for a long time - I want to say since Zelda 2 was on Wii VC or something. Barba has always been a bad translation (japanese name: Barubajia - same reason they fucked up "Varia Suit" which should have been "Barrier Suit"). So I'm ok with that. OoT fixed it and then they retroactively went back and fixed Zelda 2.

Let's not forget the "Noknok" Shell in Mario RPG, coming from not translating "Nokonoko" to "Koopa", as is usual.

Which itself is a weird translation, since Bowser is "Koopa", which is a reference to a dish called "Gukbap".

Enlong on
  • MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular

In light of that, losing money every year this console generation until they decide what they are going to do next means absolutely nothing to them financially.

Also this is the same thing they already said a long time ago if you read the article text. Talk about non-news. Wonder why it was even posted...

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Mblackwell wrote: »

Also this is the same thing they already said a long time ago if you read the article text. Talk about non-news. Wonder why it was even posted...

I wonder why he has six posts and all of them are bashing on Nintendo.

It's not like six posts amidst countless others talking about other things.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Because the art of subtlety is lost.

I mean the bare minimum of effort would be to at least pick another thread in the forum and be like "I, too, enjoy playing video games."

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    My worst fear is starting to come to true... My gamepad's buttons are getting sticky. With an 11 month old and house full of people who don't wash their hands before touching controllers... I'm actually surprised it lasted this long.

Yeah, I've had a bad run with my GamePad. Original got stolen. Replacement had sticky/creaky analogue stick which I sent in for repair last Dec. By Feb the replacement started to get sticky/creaky again.

It's frustrating for me as it's not a clear-cut issue. I can still use it, but compared to my Pro Controller and my previous GamePad, the joysticks feel wrong. It's quite annoying.

The core problem is the GamePad is a very expensive controller with no easy replacement options. I remember having a few issues with my GameCube controllers and I would just buy another one. The old one might get pulled out for multiplayer at some point.

With the GamePad, once it goes bad you've got to send it in for repair. This means...
    - the system partially useless (i.e. some games work, but things like the eShop don't)
    - If you get Nintendo to pay for postage, you still need to pay for packaging, fill out the forms, find the proof of purchase, etc.
    - If the issue is 'not a manufacturing fault' there's a $50AU appraisal fee.
    - it's not a certainty the problem will go away. (as in my case)

They won't sell me a replacement either. It's repair or nothing.

So after trying to get used to it, I'm gonna send it back in and see if I get a solution.

I'm a bit bummed out about it TBH. I've played my Wii U much less this year because of it.

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    1 is repetitive as hell, but I still find it pretty fun personally

2 is amazing, Brotherhood was the best for a long while until Black Flag came along

Revelations...eh

3 has a ton of frustration but I've come to appreciate it more in retrospect

Revelations is good if you just want more of Ezio. But even though I liked it I can agree with the 'Eh' in the grand scheme of the series.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Regret, I know the place is fairly pro-Nintendo, but your post history is showing that all you're really here to do is troll people.

I recommend against that course of action if you wish to remain here for long.

YL9WnCY.png