As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wii U Thread: THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Dirk2112 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the digital price of Mario Kart will be less than or the same as the retail price? I figure the retail will come with a plastic steering wheel, so that should knock $5 off the digital...

Wait, are they bundling Wii Wheels again?

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Anyone know if the digital price of Mario Kart will be less than or the same as the retail price? I figure the retail will come with a plastic steering wheel, so that should knock $5 off the digital...

I think only the Team Mario/Team Luigi console bundles come with Wii Wheels.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    skeldare wrote: »

That's what I was assuming as well until @Dirk2112's comment.

FU7kFbw.png
    skeldare wrote: »

That's what I was assuming as well until @Dirk2112's comment.

I figured he was just assuming they were doing a bundle, which (unless they reveal right before launch) they're not.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So what does getting rainbow stars on NES Remix do? I'm digging it so far, but man, I don't want to fight Donkey Kong's wonky controls just for a stamp or somesuch.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    So what does getting rainbow stars on NES Remix do? I'm digging it so far, but man, I don't want to fight Donkey Kong's wonky controls just for a stamp or somesuch.

Bragging rights mostly.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    cloudeagle wrote: »

It's just basically the top-level award, a "perfect", if you will.

FU7kFbw.png
    Cool, thanks. I'll stick to just three stars so my happy nostalgia doesn't get overwritten by murderous rage.

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    To get rainbow stars you just have to beat the challenge really fast? No other crazy requirement?

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    To get rainbow stars you just have to beat the challenge really fast? No other crazy requirement?

Yea, it's basically finishing the challenge as fast as possible.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    "Why can't Metroid crawl?" just makes me so happy every time it gets re-used.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    "Why can't Metroid crawl?" just makes me so happy every time it gets re-used.

It was our generation's moon landing and I'm glad I was there to witness it.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    YifNQwQ.png

Anyone want to guess who the hidden characters here are? I'm gonna guess Mii for one.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    So glad Shyguy is in. Not that it was in question.

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Mario Kart 7 had the Queen Bee from the Galaxy games, but I can't think of any characters in recent Mario games to be in 8. Those little Sprixies you have to save in Mario 3D World?

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Another Koopa Kid for the last row and . . . Baby Rosalina and Baby Metal Mario?

NNID: Rehab0
    I'm gonna guess also that there may be additional character spaces that aren't being shown, so there could be quite a few hidden unlockables. Since they were in Wii and are pretty big I'm guessing Birdo, Diddy and Bowser Jr will be in.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Baby Rosalina will probably be the space next to Baby Daisy. Bowser Jr seems like he could be the last on the koopa kid line, but then as to what was next to Baby Rosalina on the baby row?

I guess they could put Baby Rosalina and Baby Bowser/Bowser Jr on the baby row and then have the last spot on the screen be your Mii.

Viskod wrote: »
    Baby Rosalina will probably be the space next to Baby Daisy. Bowser Jr seems like he could be the last on the koopa kid line, but then as to what was next to Baby Rosalina on the baby row?

I guess they could put Baby Rosalina and Baby Bowser/Bowser Jr on the baby row and then have the last spot on the screen be your Mii.

Baby Wario and Baby DK.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Baby Rosalina seems likely so that it would match the order of the first row. Then maybe Birdo.

For the bottom right I'm thinking Bowser jr. With Mii being a different option altogether that you pick before you even get to that screen.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Baby Rosalina would be an odd choice. Unless she was depicted as she was in Galaxy's storybook.

And there aren't any other Koopa Kids, unless they add Bowser Jr.

Maybe Dry Bones or ROB?

Odd that DK's the only Kong in there. You'd think Diddy at least would be in.

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Durp, I keep thinking there are eight Koopa Kids when there are only seven.

Also, the degree to which the villains in this game can assert that the heroes are a bunch of babies and be accurate is kind of absurd.
    and then have the last spot on the screen be your Mii.

If they did that people could assert that Miis are evil though. Maybe they are!

NNID: Rehab0
    Baby Rosalina would be too much. The world would implode from cuteness.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Rehab wrote: »
    Durp, I keep thinking there are eight Koopa Kids when there are only seven.

Well, eight if you count Bowser Jr., who also isn't in that shot. Hm.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yeah. 7, because Mario 3 had 8 worlds, and Bowser was boss 8.

• b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    Seriously though, where the hell is dry bones? He's like the yoshi of the bad guy side.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FD5Y13UTK-4

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/04/infinity_runner_heading_to_wii_u_eshop
    Award winning game studio Wales Interactive have informed us that they’ll be bringing their latest title, Infinity Runner, to the Wii U eShop this Summer. Described as Mirror’s Edge meets Mass Effect, the sci-fi action running game is currently in development for Wii U, PS4, PS3, PS Vita, PC, Mac and Linux. It will also feature support for Oculus Rift – whereas Project Morpheus is said to be supported at a later date.

Infinity Runner puts you in the role a prisoner trying to escape the largest man-made spaceship ever built, The Infinity. In order to make it through the game’s 14 levels and escape the decaying ship, the protagonist must employ various techniques "inspired by the disciplines of parkour and mixed martial arts". Direct combat is necessary to deal with some of the terrors lurking deep within the spaceship; this is achieved using the game's targeting system alongside fast reflex combinations. The title also offers a multiplayer mode, where up to 32 players battle it out in order to find out who’s the ultimate Infinity Runner.

From the game’s website:

Features:

Werewolves in space!
    Stunning Graphics
    14 action packed levels
    Action Combat Mechanic
    Storymode
    Multiplayer - Up to 32 players
    Oculus Rift Support - VR Mode

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I'm really wanting Dry Bowser back.

That said, I'm super happy Lakitu is back.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    Baby Rosalina seems likely so that it would match the order of the first row. Then maybe Birdo.

For the bottom right I'm thinking Bowser jr. With Mii being a different option altogether that you pick before you even get to that screen.

I was also thinking that about the Mii as well. I do think at the very least Baby Rosalina is a given because it matches up the rest of the top row and then the last spot could be Baby Bowser.

Baby Rosalina, Baby Bowser, and then Bowser Jr. maybe, or Birdo, or Kamek, or a Boo, or Dry Bones, or whatever. Hell instead of Baby Bowser on the end of the baby row they could just do Baby Yoshi, which is just an egg.

• HounHoun Registered User regular

I was also thinking that about the Mii as well. I do think at the very least Baby Rosalina is a given because it matches up the rest of the top row and then the last spot could be Baby Bowser.

Baby Rosalina, Baby Bowser, and then Bowser Jr. maybe, or Birdo, or Kamek, or a Boo, or Dry Bones, or whatever. Hell instead of Baby Bowser on the end of the baby row they could just do Baby Yoshi, which is just an egg.

green_baby_yoshi_smw_by_yoshigo99-d535ijf.png

edited April 2014

So basically Sheldon, but with arms sticking out for steering?

Sheldon.gif

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I don't understand why metal Mario is even a thing. He hasn't been a thing for years, right? Last real appearance was as a powerup in Mario 64?

If a random powerup can be a character then why not Tanooki Mario? Why not Cloud Mario? Purple Shadow Mario from Galaxy makes more sense. Heck Dr. Mario would be great and represent more games.

But no, we get Mario and Metal Mario and no Dry Bones or Diddy.

I know though, it's all about the heavy class...

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    Houn wrote: »

green_baby_yoshi_smw_by_yoshigo99-d535ijf.png

Egg would be more amusing.

So basically Sheldon, but with arms sticking out for steering?

Sheldon.gif

No arms or legs or anything. Just a spotted Yoshi egg sitting in the seat and the kart still drives because why not.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I made it past World Bowser on SM 3D World. The final fight was really inspired. It was the first time they something like that. Now on to the bonus worlds.

The make these games so huge.

Krathoon on
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I don't understand why metal Mario is even a thing. He hasn't been a thing for years, right? Last real appearance was as a powerup in Mario 64?

If a random powerup can be a character then why not Tanooki Mario? Why not Cloud Mario? Purple Shadow Mario from Galaxy makes more sense. Heck Dr. Mario would be great and represent more games.

I was kind of annoyed they gave that power to Wario on SM64 DS. It is a cool retro power.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Metal Mario is a robot duplicate of Real Mario, that's why he's a thing. All the others are just Mario doing cosplay.
    Or something?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited April 2014

metal mario absorbed staying power from being a smash bros boss

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy