As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Android: Netrunner] Creating and Controlling since 2012

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Epimer wrote: »
    evilthecat wrote: »
    so I have a question.
    If my run was successful, can I decline to access any cards or do I have to?

Accessing is required for the run to be considered successful (unless you have a card effect that replaces accessing cards, e.g. Account Siphon, Security Testing). See the structure of a run thing in the manual and the FAQ.

not quite, it goes

-Last Chance to Jack out
    -Successful run (successful run events fire)
    -Access cards

So you get money from Gabe and all those sorts of successful run triggers before you access and a run is successful even if there are no cards in the server to access.

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Wait, so if there's a remote that has Ash and a snare, and I know which is which, I can't run it, access and trash Ash, and not access the snare?

sig.gif
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    That's correct. When you access a server, you access everything in it (though in the order of your choice in regards to upgrades or cards in archives, R&D and HQ are in order of selection)

Wait, so if there's a remote that has Ash and a snare, and I know which is which, I can't run it, access and trash Ash, and not access the snare?

If the Ash is rezzed yes (because he'll fire the ability and you can choose not to contest it) otherwise no you have to access all cards.

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    If that weren't the case, shock would be much less useful in Archives ...

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2014
    His twitter feed is full of spoiler, I guess.

https://twitter.com/ScottAwesome1

Damn, there are like twenty new cards in his feed from the new draft packs. Ice that gains strength when placed over certain central servers (or remote servers). Icebreakers that gain strength with every other installed icebreaker. A card that will let you remove cards in the corp archive from the game. A demolition run type card that lets you spend clicks to trash cards in HQ. A 0 cost card that forces the corp to derez a card (which could hurt Blue Sun a fair bit).

Bogart on
    Guys, I'm really tired of how many spoilers we're seeing. Seriously, some of these cards are over 6 months away. :/
    It's one thing to keep people interested. It's another entirely when it's unofficial channels leaking cards all over the place. And another to release them as a marketing move (sorry, but this is basically how I view draft packs, as it's an underwhelming and overpriced format). I'm just getting super worn down with how Western culture it seems, with the "ALWAYS WANT MORE! MORE! MORE! GIMMIE!" mentality I tend to see alongside it. Can we not just be happy with what we have for a while and get a little more every so often? Do we really need to be strapped to a sugar-loaded IV?

*sigh*
    </rant>

Crick is my new favourite card of all time. It's even thematic because he was kind of a dick and Jinteki is the dick faction.

I agree to some extent ArcticLancer, certain in regard to SanSan spoilers before Order and Chaos is out...though I would totally be on board with someone spoiling whatever anti-FA is coming up to give us hope.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Bogart wrote: »
    His twitter feed is full of spoiler, I guess.

https://twitter.com/ScottAwesome1

Damn, there are like twenty new cards in his feed from the new draft packs. Ice that gains strength when placed over certain central servers (or remote servers). Icebreakers that gain strength with every other installed icebreaker. A card that will let you remove cards in the corp archive from the game. A demolition run type card that lets you spend clicks to trash cards in HQ. A 0 cost card that forces the corp to derez a card (which could hurt Blue Sun a fair bit).

I was wondering when we'd see a Archives Interface, that's going to be handy.

Also, wow, Sage.

EDIT: I may be doing a arm-flailing tube-man thing IRL to Checkpoint, Patch, and Firmware Upgrades. eeeeeee

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Checkpoint is wonderful. Strength 7 Code Gates? Yes please. Illicit ICE that's actually worth rezzing - woo. It's the one card I've seen that I'm really quite happy to know is in the pipe.

Checkpoint is wonderful. Strength 7 Code Gates? Yes please. Illicit ICE that's actually worth rezzing - woo. It's the one card I've seen that I'm really quite happy to know is in the pipe.

I just had a wonderful thought. Checkpoint + Dedicated Response Team + The Cleaners.

ALL THE MEATSHOT.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Can we at least put that shit in spoilers, guys? Getting pretty sloppy when we don't even put cards we call spoilers in spoilers.
    Anzekay wrote: »
    That's correct. When you access a server, you access everything in it (though in the order of your choice in regards to upgrades or cards in archives, R&D and HQ are in order of selection)

Though it's also worth mentioning cards like Nerve Agent/Medium let you choose how many you want to access in step 4.5.

Endaro on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Guys, I'm really tired of how many spoilers we're seeing. Seriously, some of these cards are over 6 months away. :/
    It's one thing to keep people interested. It's another entirely when it's unofficial channels leaking cards all over the place. And another to release them as a marketing move (sorry, but this is basically how I view draft packs, as it's an underwhelming and overpriced format). I'm just getting super worn down with how Western culture it seems, with the "ALWAYS WANT MORE! MORE! MORE! GIMMIE!" mentality I tend to see alongside it. Can we not just be happy with what we have for a while and get a little more every so often? Do we really need to be strapped to a sugar-loaded IV?

*sigh*
    </rant>

word on the street is that it was FFG's marketing department's idea to put future cards in draft packs, and Lukas isn't pleased about it

hopefully this is the last time it happens, but who knows

PMAvers wrote: »

I just had a wonderful thought. Checkpoint + Dedicated Response Team + The Cleaners.

ALL THE MEATSHOT.

Why do you think I like it? When have I not been all over DRT? ;p

Shorty wrote: »

*sigh*
    </rant>

word on the street is that it was FFG's marketing department's idea to put future cards in draft packs, and Lukas isn't pleased about it

hopefully this is the last time it happens, but who knows
    Not surprising, but yeah, we'll see. Glad and sad to hear that I may be totally right about it as a marketing move. =_=

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    holy shiiiiit, ancestral imager and cortex lock

daaaaaamn

Ok Turing is a really thematically cool card.

• One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Day Job is hilarious. Also seems kind of good? I don't know what place it might have in, like, a PPVP Kate or anything like that.

One Thousand Cables on
    nah, four clicks to gain 9 (or 10) isn't vastly better than four to gain 8, especially since then you're also missing out on her ability

and influence is already tight because of Lucky Find

I think it's playable in anarch but it's not great, after having used Duggar's for awhile I'd have to say that using all your clicks to do one thing is kinda shitty

Day Job is how I feel every day at work.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Vigil looks awesome

Forger looks like hot garbage, but there is a funny thing about it: it is not unique like every other console

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

That someone messed up and forgot to put it on there?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Yeah, there won't be anything rotating out for ANR until around Spring 2017, according to their schedule.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5179

AGOT seriously needed it, though.

I'm a little bit worried that the rotating schedule means that new deluxe expansions will be more safe and less exciting, since they'll be around forever.

Which is a silly fear, I guess. If deluxe expansion cards really start dragging the game down, they'll just rotate them too, probably.

At any rate we have a few years to worry about it, anyway, so for now let's just have fun with what we've got until then!

• Joe DizzyJoe Dizzy taking the day offRegistered User regular
    To be honest I'm already approaching oversaturation with the current card pool. It's getting increasingly harder to build a deck without making my brain bleed.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    First SanSan Cycle pack announcement. The new Jinteki identity introduces an entirely new mechanic, and a Jinteki agenda that NBN would murder its grandmother for.

oh, dang

valley grid + edge of world is ugly as sin

new mechanic is cool but those abilities seem pretty weak

three clicks to do 2 net damage?

it's hard enough to set up a kill even when you can do a net damage with every agenda

that jinteki agenda is most useful in whitetree where you can use it to put another token on Nisei but that deck has a hard time finding room for 1-point agendas

The super Jackson one is kinda awesome

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    oh, dang

valley grid + edge of world is ugly as sin

new mechanic is cool but those abilities seem pretty weak

three clicks to do 2 net damage?

it's hard enough to set up a kill even when you can do a net damage with every agenda

that jinteki agenda is most useful in whitetree where you can use it to put another token on Nisei but that deck has a hard time finding room for 1-point agendas

I dunno, guaranteed two is more reliable than neurals and saves you deck space. I would at least consider running it in my tori hanzo chairman hiro deck

sig.gif
    An Offer You Can't Refuse.

Oh mah gerb.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Offer is silly and fun and it will be in all of my decks.

Also, if I'm reading Biotech right, you can spend 3 clicks to flip the card and use it's ability once, right? If so, Brewery has vastly less utility than the other two. I like the ability to one turn a Nisei out when you need to, or a whole Archive cycle.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Those identities are fantastic. The two-damage one is kind of eh, but I could see it in a damage heavy deck. The possibility that someone could be playing that varient means that a runner literally cannot go below 2 cards without worrying they might die. Conceptually, I love this identity and will be playing the heck out of it.

here's an interesting play suggested by a friend of mine, made possible by the fact that you get to see your opening hand and do a mulligan (if you like) before deciding which ID to use

say you're running three braintrusts and three mushin-no-shins in your deck

you happen to draw both plus, say, two pieces of ice and a hedge fund in your opening hand

so you take the four-advance ID, draw a card, play the hedge, and install an ice on turn one

then mushin and install on turn two

then activate your ability on turn three

and now every piece of ice you rez earns you two dollars

a combo that works because it doesn't require you to focus your whole deck around it (mushin does lots of things and braintrusts are playable just as a blank 3/2) because you can take the two damage ID if you don't draw the pieces

maybe you take the archives recycler when you're up against Noise or another runner who you expect to draw out the game

this ID basically lets you play an oldschool Jinteki deck (mixed shell game/flatline/score-to-win) with more consistency

• Stranger DangerStranger Danger Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Some fast advance hate spoilers from Snow-Jax that I mentioned were coming in the first pack:
    Clot
    Anarch - 1 Inf
    Program - Virus
    Cost 1, Mem 1
    The corp cannot score agendas on the same turn they are installed. Trash this program if the Corp purges virus counters.

Traffic Jam
    Neutral - 0 inf
    Event - Current - 2 Cost
    The advancement requirement of all agendas is increased by the amount of agendas in the Corp's scoring area that has the same name.
    These are both in the first pack.

Stranger Danger on
    I think a Offer is going to be a bitch in a HB deck.

Yes. Run my bioroid ice without any clicks to spend. JUST DO IT. YOU WIMP.

Basically turns them into extra 1 point agendas you don't have to worry being stolen.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Just played in the Netrunner side event at Worlds.

Around 80+ people, finished with 7 wins and a timed win. Which was only enough to get 2nd based on SOS, Jesse Vandover came first.

Used up all my luck already.

Was running Andy and HB

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Dang, some of these cards.

Dang.

I haven't played Netrunner in like a month, crazy work schedule and stuff.

I need to fix that stat.

Some fast advance hate spoilers from Snow-Jax that I mentioned were coming in the first pack:
    Clot
    Anarch - 1 Inf
    Program - Virus
    Cost 1, Mem 1
    The corp cannot score agendas on the same turn they are installed. Trash this program if the Corp purges virus counters.

Traffic Jam
    Neutral - 0 inf
    Event - Current - 2 Cost
    The advancement requirement of all agendas is increased by the amount of agendas in the Corp's scoring area that has the same name.
    These are both in the first pack.

yessssssssssssssssssssss

screw you, fast advance

fuck you

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I am also very cool with Anarch getting one of the strong anti FA cards. Anything that levels the power of the factions is good and Anarch have been in a rough spot for a while.