Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Android: Netrunner] Creating and Controlling since 2012

19293959798100

Posts

  • admanbadmanb the bored genie Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Why 46 cards? :)

  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Am happy to answer any questions on card choices or why I ran these decks, if there are any. :)

    >Corp

    Do you feel that triple Scorch is the way to go? Dropping one would open up a lot of influence.

    Marked Accounts has me piqued, most people I play with consider it to be on the janky side of good. The main points against it are that you don't get the mind game of a face down card, and it's click intensive.

    You're running two Enigmas and one Quandry. Any particular reason for that?

    Why SEA Source instead of Midseason and Psychographics?


    >Runner

    What's the reasoning behind the singleton Kati with no Hostages?

    I've had pretty good success against Andyspam by using recurring program destruction. How prevalent was WotW and Power Shutdown?

    Did you notice any particularly novel decks? Not necessarily looking for good/bad decks, just anything that seemed interesting to you.

  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    i've cobbled a janky ass crisium grid off the grid deck for tomorrow.

    Can't wait to see it get demolished :)

  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    also: why no Legwork/HQ interface? would you consider cutting anything to make room for one or the other?

    Tube wrote: »
    I was legit hoping that Shorty was somehow mistaken and the world wasn't that fucked
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Also, why the 1-of Easy Mark? Not something like Bank Job?

  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Why 46 cards? :)
    Also, why the 1-of Easy Mark? Not something like Bank Job?

    The 46th card was the Easy Mark, I added it because I was finding that occasionally my opening hand didn't have enough economy this was just trying to counter that.
    Shorty wrote: »
    also: why no Legwork/HQ interface? would you consider cutting anything to make room for one or the other?

    I'm not a fan of HQI in the deck, you either need to run two or have some way of tutoring and when combined with Sneakdoor that is just too many card slots on HQ pressure. The deck is designed to kill NEH, and Security Testing, Desperado, Datasucker and John Masanori mean that for one click my economy and card draw are sorted, and that leaves the other 3 for aggression. Because I was focused on NEH killing, I realised that NEH players rarely ice archives because there are so many open remotes to use Security Testing on, therefore Sneakdoor was still very effective against them.
    The deck beat 4 out of 5 NEH decks in swiss, lost to both in the top 16, however one was over before it started due to a mulligan into a hand with no economy and the other he was playing tag punishment and the deck goes tag me a lot.

    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Am happy to answer any questions on card choices or why I ran these decks, if there are any. :)

    >Corp

    Do you feel that triple Scorch is the way to go? Dropping one would open up a lot of influence.

    Marked Accounts has me piqued, most people I play with consider it to be on the janky side of good. The main points against it are that you don't get the mind game of a face down card, and it's click intensive.

    You're running two Enigmas and one Quandry. Any particular reason for that?

    Why SEA Source instead of Midseason and Psychographics?


    >Runner

    What's the reasoning behind the singleton Kati with no Hostages?

    I've had pretty good success against Andyspam by using recurring program destruction. How prevalent was WotW and Power Shutdown?

    Did you notice any particularly novel decks? Not necessarily looking for good/bad decks, just anything that seemed interesting to you.

    Corp Answers

    With Scorch, its all or nothing, you need to see two often to kill a runner, so you need 3 to consistently see them. If you wanted to get more influence back I would be more tempted to drop the Snares. But then a single Plascrete really hurts your ability to get the kill.

    SEA is great with Snare as they hit it, can't get back to 4 cards and so you can SEA Scorch them for the kill.

    No real reason for the Quandary/Enigma mix, I was originally running 3 Quandary, but Parasite was annoying when attempting to rush an Astro.

    Marked is good in NEH due to the card draw. I will normally leave it a turn before activating it, to try an prompt a run (they'll worry its a San San). If they dont run every remote, you try and bluff through a Beale etc

    Runner Answers

    Single Kati was for use against glacier decks, I wasnt expecting many of them so thought I would take the risk of a 1 of.

    Both of your last questions can be answered with a brief description of what I played against as runner:
    Swiss - 1 Jinteki PE, 5 NEH
    Top 16 - 2 NEH

    So, no program destruction or interesting decks. This is the only bad thing about my Worlds experience.

    For those interested I played against the following runners:
    Swiss - 1 Chaos Theory, 3 Andromeda, 2 Noise
    Top 16 - 1 Chaos Theory, 1 Andromeda

    ArcticLancerCarnarvon
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I got in a few casual games with friends yesterday. I think you would have enjoyed seeing things in action, Cerberus. I haven't changed my decks because I haven't played in a couple of months, which meant I still had my old Ken deck, and your Puntitive HB that I believe you took Nationals with ... Whatever the case, decks! Netrunner! I can play this game! :P

    First game was probably the least interesting of the bunch - Ken VS Nisei Division. It feels like my friend actually built a decent deck around that ID, but it also feels like it's missing a little something. My opening hand was borderline perfect with Desperado, Security Testing, Dirty Laundry and some other goodies, with a first draw of another Dirty Laundry. Could not find an agenda for the life of me to drop the current he played that negated my ability, but Ken doesn't need it to survive. I just ran and ran and ran, trashing anything I could, and eventually found a few agendas to win.

    Game two I switched opponents and played HB VS Andromeda. My opening hand was okay, but I could have used better ICE. This was underscored when he ran R&D twice against Ichi 1.0 (No, I didn't rez) and hit two Priority Requisitions on his first turn. I wasn't amused. Then he said "Go" and I top-decked Puntitive for my mandatory draw. We were all quite amused. :P Turn 2 flatline win.
    We played again and had a better game. He wound up with only a central breaker set and no real way to capitalize with them while I had an EVE fully trickle in, and got a few successful demonstrations out. Scoring Project Wotan first messed with him a bit as he tried to click through an Eli who then gained an ETR, shutting him down and seeing him waste most of his turn. Scored an ABT and went for it, at least finding a Heimdall 1.0, but trashing some assets. I had intentionally discarded a PriReq earlier in the game, so it forced my hand with a Jackson Howard when he ran it. >_> I threw another ABT down next turn and there was nothing he could do to get into my main remote of Heimdall, Tollbooth, Tollbooth. Score out the win.

    Sat out for a round before playing HB again, now against Iain Sterling. I kept a gambit of an opening hand with two Priority Requisitions and a Puntitive Counterstrike, playing both PriReqs to open servers first turn and putting my lowly one piece of ICE on R&D (I didn't feel like he was playing Account Siphon, so it was a real gamble if he was or if he had it). He ran nothing in response, so those got to sit there for a while while I figured out what to do now. <_< Thankfully, I did draw more ICE, proceeded to protect and score one of the PriReqs, and continue making money where I could. In the meantime, he found his main pieces of Snitch and Blackguard, as the focus of the deck is to force the corp to rez ICE with Snitch, then jack out, then derez ICE to keep the corp as poor as possible. This didn't quite work when I had a Melange in a server that he had no way to break into. He stole the other open PriReq I hadn't yet addressed, knowing I had a Counterstrike in hand, but unsure if I had two. He wound up taking money himself instead of forcing me to rez something expensive, which he realized after he finished his turn. Flatlined because of this.

    Final game, my friend wanted to try his Nisei Division deck again. While I still found a decent opening hand, it lacked Security Testing and I couldn't quite make the easy money I had before. This one went on and on and on. From two Indexings, I found a lowly House of Knives. I later pulled another from HQ, and then scored a Philotic Entanglement from a remote when he had 0 credits (bluffing Edge of World, but I broke the bank first). But for the life of me, I couldn't find the last 3 points (knowing that he had at least 5 3-pointers in his deck). I drew out my entire stack, and could basically only make one more run. He had, on his turn, played a card into his remote, and considered playing another before changing his mind and taking a credit. I had one Same Old Thing in my hand, which could either be used for Legwork and try and find something in a 4-card HQ, or for an Account Siphon which would allow me to get into his remote at the cost of some programs (I only had Passport and he had Inazuma in front of Ichi 2.0). I considered it for a while and told him as such: I was pretty sure the card he played in his remote was another Caprice, which made HQ the better bet. I SOT'd Legwork, spent 5 of my 8 credits and taking 2 net damage getting in (2 cards left in hand, woo), and pulled The Future Perfect. My friend immediately said "Pick your other 2 cards first - I don't want to play psi-games if we don't have to." I pulled another Future Perfect, and an asset. I missed the Hades Fragment he was holding. TIME FOR PSI GAMES!
    On the first one, I knew that I basically couldn't bet 2 because it would leave me with 1 credit for the next bet. I also knew he could spend 2, but would get 1 back and still have 2 credits. So there was no outmaneuvering him on the first one. I bet 0. He bet 2. Not exactly unexpected, but I'm okay with this. We move on to the next one. I figured there was no way he was betting 2 again, and I had been betting 0 an awful lot across both games, so I went with 1. We revealed and he also had 1.
    Clinched it!

    This game is so fun. I wish our weekly Netrunner night wasn't one I'm not available for. Alas, alas ...

    CerberustzeentchlingEndaro
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Glad you are enjoying the HB deck.
    I ran it in the Worlds Winter GNK Side Tournament on the Friday, 84 players.

    It went undefeated (as did my runner) with 3 agenda wins and 1 flatline. Though one of the games ended with the runner not accessing an advanced card even though I was on match point, he knew I could flatline him and so jacked out hoping it wasnt an agenda. It was, but he was done regardless of what he did, and thats what I like about the deck.

    Really pleased that you are enjoying Netrunner again :)

  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Honestly, I never stopped. I just don't have much time to actually play it. Busy friends and all that jazz.
    I'll have to take a stab at building some decks again soon. I love my Ken deck, but it's actually good, and you know I'm not allowed to make good decks. :P

    Cerberus
  • EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Re:
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Glad you are enjoying the HB deck.
    I ran it in the Worlds Winter GNK Side Tournament on the Friday, 84 players.

    It went undefeated (as did my runner) with 3 agenda wins and 1 flatline. Though one of the games ended with the runner not accessing an advanced card even though I was on match point, he knew I could flatline him and so jacked out hoping it wasnt an agenda. It was, but he was done regardless of what he did, and thats what I like about the deck.

    How often are you landing Punitives with the deck? I've been playing an HB Glacier/Punitive deck a bit recently but I find that it's not unusual to lose a three pointer from a central before I've stabilised, which as good as turns off Punitive unless I aggressively draw for a second one.

  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I know from previous discussions that it depends on deck makeup. Cerberus has run versions that include Archives Memories, which substitute fine for finding a second copy of PC itself. I still don't think it's the primary win condition, but it's certainly capable of catching people off guard, as how often do you actually need to keep up your hand size against HB?

  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Epimer wrote: »
    Re:
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Glad you are enjoying the HB deck.
    I ran it in the Worlds Winter GNK Side Tournament on the Friday, 84 players.

    It went undefeated (as did my runner) with 3 agenda wins and 1 flatline. Though one of the games ended with the runner not accessing an advanced card even though I was on match point, he knew I could flatline him and so jacked out hoping it wasnt an agenda. It was, but he was done regardless of what he did, and thats what I like about the deck.

    How often are you landing Punitives with the deck? I've been playing an HB Glacier/Punitive deck a bit recently but I find that it's not unusual to lose a three pointer from a central before I've stabilised, which as good as turns off Punitive unless I aggressively draw for a second one.

    Losing an early 3 pointer definitely hurts the flatline condition. What is your Ice mix up? I moved away from traditional Bioroid Ice and started using NEXT Ice as they are great early game, and are very taxing in the late game. Parasite recursion definitely hurts them but that doesnt tend to be extremely common currently.

    Hitting the flatline is probably around 30-40% for me, depends on the match up. I will often flatline Noise due to money issues, but generally it is best to play aiming for a scoring win, the punitives are just an opportunistic kill or a threat that makes them slow down.

    This is what I am currently playing, it went undefeated at the Worlds Side Event Tourney (84 players)
    HB Blood Angel 3.0

    Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

    Agenda (8)
    1x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
    3x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
    3x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)
    1x Project Wotan (Creation and Control)

    Asset (8)
    2x Eve Campaign (Humanity's Shadow)
    3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
    3x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)

    Upgrade (2)
    2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead)

    Operation (13)
    2x Archived Memories (Core Set)
    3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
    3x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors) ••••• •
    3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
    2x Successful Demonstration (Creation and Control)

    Barrier (7)
    3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
    1x Heimdall 1.0 (Core Set)
    3x NEXT Silver (Upstalk)

    Code Gate (6)
    3x NEXT Bronze (Opening Moves)
    3x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••••• •

    Sentry (4)
    2x Architect (Up and Over)
    2x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)

    Other (1)
    1x Mother Goddess (Upstalk)

    15 influence spent (max 15)
    20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
    49 cards (min 45)
    Cards up to Up and Over

    Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

    Cerberus on
  • EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Cerberus wrote: »
    What is your Ice mix up?

    Frighteningly similar to yours, actually!
    Dead Coats (Architect version)

    Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

    Agenda (9)
    2x Domestic Sleepers (Upstalk)
    1x Eden Fragment (The Spaces Between)
    1x Hades Fragment (Up and Over)
    3x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
    1x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)
    1x Project Wotan (Creation and Control)

    Asset (9)
    3x Adonis Campaign (Core Set)
    1x Aggressive Secretary (Core Set)
    2x Eve Campaign (Humanity's Shadow)
    3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••

    Upgrade (2)
    2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead)

    Operation (10)
    1x Archived Memories (Core Set)
    1x Enhanced Login Protocol (The Spaces Between)
    3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
    3x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors) ••••• •
    2x Successful Demonstration (Creation and Control)

    Barrier (8)
    3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
    1x Heimdall 1.0 (Core Set)
    1x Heimdall 2.0 (Creation and Control)
    3x NEXT Silver (Upstalk)

    Code Gate (6)
    3x NEXT Bronze (Opening Moves)
    2x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••••
    1x Viktor 2.0 (Creation and Control)

    Sentry (5)
    1x Archer (Core Set) ••
    2x Architect (Up and Over)
    2x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)

    15 influence spent (max 15)
    20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
    49 cards (min 45)
    Cards up to Up and Over

    Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

    The big difference is the agenda make-up and Archer vs third Tollbooth. That Archer has been doing some work for me, mind you.

    EDIT: maybe I'll switch out the Heimdall 2.0 for that one of Mother Goddess. I'm never happy to see it (it's in there as a Priority Requisition target, really) and I often feel a little short on early game ice.

    Epimer on
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I'm a big fan of Project Vitruvius in the deck x3, install and advance early and many won't bother running, presuming its an NAPD. One token turns on the Punitive kill much earlier. If you are losing the Archer, you can lose the Sleepers as well?

    I do hate the name Deadcoats though.

    ArcticLancer
  • EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Cerberus wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of Project Vitruvius in the deck x3, install and advance early and many won't bother running, presuming its an NAPD. One token turns on the Punitive kill much earlier. If you are losing the Archer, you can lose the Sleepers as well?

    That's a really nice point with the Vitruvius tokens actually. I quite like the Sleepers though - I know it's a bit... obvious to have that "you need to score 3 real agendas, I just need two" thing, but it's obvious in that way that even if you know it's coming you can't really interfere with it. Probably isn't stronger than Vitruvius tokens, mind.

  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Hey @Bogart is that you in the new episode of Terminal 7? Being interviewed by an Irish lady?

    bgg / steam / goodreads / Bnet: Bygasto#2537
  • BogartBogart I Will Cure You Registered User, Moderator mod
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Hey @Bogart is that you in the new episode of Terminal 7? Being interviewed by an Irish lady?

    Yes! It was at the Game City festival in my hometown, and she was running a Netrunner lounge event in between her game dev stuff. Lots of beginners and a few people from our local meta. She interviewed a few of us about our favourite card.

    I picked Stimhack because holy shit that card has pulled me out of some holes, and it's incredibly thematic.

    I shall have to listen and see how terrible and confused I sound.

    jakobaggerInquisitor
  • BogartBogart I Will Cure You Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hmm, I don't sound too bad I guess. Could have been a bit more clear about why I like Stimhack so much, but it was an interview in a corridor with thirty seconds of thinking about what I'd say beforehand.

  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    To be fair I'm not sure Stimhack as a favourite really requires that much explanation? Seems obviously great to me, thematically and mechanically.

    Also: did she actually say 'lord' in front of your name there?

    bgg / steam / goodreads / Bnet: Bygasto#2537
  • BogartBogart I Will Cure You Registered User, Moderator mod
    jakobagger wrote: »
    To be fair I'm not sure Stimhack as a favourite really requires that much explanation? Seems obviously great to me, thematically and mechanically.

    Also: did she actually say 'lord' in front of your name there?

    My twitter handle. My name was taken, so I ennobled myself.

  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    jakobagger wrote: »
    To be fair I'm not sure Stimhack as a favourite really requires that much explanation? Seems obviously great to me, thematically and mechanically.

    Also: did she actually say 'lord' in front of your name there?

    My twitter handle. My name was taken, so I ennobled myself.

    Ah. Even with my limited foreigner knowledge of British class society and sociolects I did figure you didn't sound quite posh enough. But you never know!

    bgg / steam / goodreads / Bnet: Bygasto#2537
    Bogart
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    deck idea my friend came up with (after I pitched Sage-a-saurus to him) :

    ekomind + theophilius bagbiter + sage + magnum opus = one click gives you two credits and two hand size and +2 decoder/fracter strength

    use Overmind for sentries, plus E3 feedback implants and probably lockpicks for hardware support

    though you still have to draw after that to get + strength so maybe procon is a better idea

    it's silly but maybe worth trying

    Shorty on
    Tube wrote: »
    I was legit hoping that Shorty was somehow mistaken and the world wasn't that fucked
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I'm curious to see if there will be a Sage equivalent for the other factions. I mean, Sage is Shaper and covers Barriers and Code Gates (typical Shaper strengths, their breakers are weak against Sentry). It's possible we'd see an Anarch equivalent that does Barriers and Sentries, and a Criminal one that does Code Gates and Sentries.

  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    more likely crim handles sentries and barriers since decoders are what they lack out of box

    anarchs would be barriers and decoders since sentries are their weakest in the core set

    but it's a neat idea, as long as they don't just do two Sage palette swaps

    Tube wrote: »
    I was legit hoping that Shorty was somehow mistaken and the world wasn't that fucked
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    i've cobbled a janky ass crisium grid off the grid deck for tomorrow.

    Can't wait to see it get demolished :)

    @Inquisitor Could you post your list? I want to compare and contrast.

    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Stranger DangerStranger Danger Registered User regular
    Very small spoiler from Snow-Jax on 4chan yadda yadda
    There will be a neutral asset that mitigates virus counters in O&C
    .

    Does anyone else visit the Netrunner General threads, by any chance?

  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Hmm, I don't sound too bad I guess. Could have been a bit more clear about why I like Stimhack so much, but it was an interview in a corridor with thirty seconds of thinking about what I'd say beforehand.

    Eh I think you did fine there yo!

    jakobagger
  • EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Selverin's Tennin deck from Worlds is REALLY fun.

  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Epimer wrote: »
    Selverin's Tennin deck from Worlds is REALLY fun.

    I disagree... It is very good, but not IMO fun, it doesnt do anything other than ice centrals and ToL out agendas. Very effective, not what I would call fun...

    tzeentchling
  • EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Epimer wrote: »
    Selverin's Tennin deck from Worlds is REALLY fun.

    I disagree... It is very good, but not IMO fun, it doesnt do anything other than ice centrals and ToL out agendas. Very effective, not what I would call fun...

    Well, fun if you enjoy schadenfreude.

    Cerberus
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Epimer wrote: »
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Epimer wrote: »
    Selverin's Tennin deck from Worlds is REALLY fun.

    I disagree... It is very good, but not IMO fun, it doesnt do anything other than ice centrals and ToL out agendas. Very effective, not what I would call fun...

    Well, fun if you enjoy schadenfreude.

    Isn't that why people play Jinteki?

    Makin' me glad that I'm not you.

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Shorty
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    i've cobbled a janky ass crisium grid off the grid deck for tomorrow.

    Can't wait to see it get demolished :)

    Inquisitor Could you post your list? I want to compare and contrast.

    @Radius I actually took a different deck last night and only got a couple (of super fun) games in before plans devolved into bar hopping, but here is the list, but I always consider them to be rough drafts before the get some games in:
    Total Cards: (49)

    Identity:
    1x Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World (Core)


    Agenda: (8)
    3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
    2x Government Contracts (A Study in Static)
    1x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)
    2x Priority Requisition (Core)

    Asset: (3)
    3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ■ ■ ■

    ICE: (17)
    3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) ■ ■ ■
    2x Tollbooth (Core) ■■ ■■
    2x Hive (Double Time)
    2x Wendigo (First Contact)
    2x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)
    2x Hadrian's Wall (Core)
    1x Rototurret (Core) ■
    3x Ice Wall (Core)

    Operation: (14)
    3x Beanstalk Royalties (Core)
    3x Hedge Fund (Core)
    3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
    3x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors)
    2x Interns (Mala Tempora)

    Upgrade: (7)
    3x Crisium Grid (First Contact)
    3x Off the Grid (Second Thoughts)
    1x Caprice Nisei (Double Time) ■■■■

    Radius
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Cool, thanks. Nothing crazy different from mine, which leads me to believe I'm mostly on the right track.

    Keep me updated if you get the chance to play it!

    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    So here's a crazy awesome article about why Netrunner is so fantastic:

    http://killscreendaily.com/articles/why-netrunner-matters

    HounBogartMikey CTSFarangujakobagger
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Man I'm gonna have to make a new page soon

    The sad thing is that with this new job I have not had an opportunity to sprint webs in like 2 months

  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    That's a great article.

    My one nitpick is he seems to mix up the motivations of Shapers and Anarchs.

    bgg / steam / goodreads / Bnet: Bygasto#2537
    Shorty
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    That's a great article.

    My one nitpick is he seems to mix up the motivations of Shapers and Anarchs.

    yeah...shapers are the ones who do stuff just to see what happens, because they can

    anarchs are all about TAKIN' DOWN THE SYSTEM, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

    Tube wrote: »
    I was legit hoping that Shorty was somehow mistaken and the world wasn't that fucked
    jakobagger
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Oh hey, mediohxcore won Worlds? Good for him, I've seen him post a lot of useful stuff on the BGG forum/stimhack. It's strange to think how small of a community it is, in some ways.
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Epimer wrote: »
    Selverin's Tennin deck from Worlds is REALLY fun.

    I disagree... It is very good, but not IMO fun, it doesnt do anything other than ice centrals and ToL out agendas. Very effective, not what I would call fun...

    Looking only at the Tenin deck he won the Polish nationals with, I have to agree with Cerberus. I really enjoy my Tennin deck, but his doesn't seem to have anything fun in it. No Snares, Shocks, advanceable traps. Hell, not even a Mushin No Shin! Just load up the ICE and collect credits till your TOL is ready. The closest thing to interaction with the runner is a Caprice Nisei; it's like playing a game of solitaire while a child in the room occasionally messes with your cards.

    I think that is why I will always prefer my private casual meta over the competitive tournament scene. It seems if you really want to win, you have to maximize a decks potential, and sacrifice a lot of fun but weaker cards in the process (re: widespread use of Andy/NEH FA). The winning decklists aren't meant to be fun, they're meant to win. I understand the draw of a challenge, and the prizes are certainly tempting, but I'd much rather play a fun but weaker deck than a boring deck with a killer win%.

    Endaro on
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Occasionally fun decks win in the competitive scene though. Cambridge PE seems pretty fun to me, for example.

    bgg / steam / goodreads / Bnet: Bygasto#2537
    Endaro
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    Man I'm gonna have to make a new page soon

    The sad thing is that with this new job I have not had an opportunity to sprint webs in like 2 months

    If you want any help with new page set up, blurb etc let me know, happy to help.

Sign In or Register to comment.