As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shaming Myself Into Exercise: [Armbands and Technology Halp]

2»

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Well, I was a bit sore from keeping my posture, so I'll count it as a workout :P

Two days in a row also!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    Audio books really helped me. Only listen to a specific book when you work out and if it's good enough, you start wanting to work out.

• Options
    TaekoTaeko Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    This post has been removed.

Taeko on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Taeko wrote: »
    I am having success doing what I can with Nerd Fitness right now.

The fundamentals of it borrow from some of the more demanding and intense fitness regiments (high protein, paleo-esque diet, strength training over cardio, etc), but the goals are incredibly achievable the workouts are minimalist in nature so other than just being lazy there's very little reason not to stick to it.

@stevemarks44 I want to thank you for posting this. I read the entire site (and many more on the paleo/primal diet) after your mention and it immediately clicked for me.

I've been eating strictly paleo for only two days, and somehow I've already lost 4lbs. I feel like I eat all day and yet I'm losing weight...a very strange feeling. I haven't started the exercises since I am working on securing my protein intake (I've been vegan most of my life, so preparing meat is completely new and foreign to me. I'm okay with eggs and fish now, but cow is going to be quite an adjustment). Once I do, I'm going to be one buff babe!

Anyway, thank you, thank you!

And thank you for posting this! I had a rough couple of weeks and really petered out my regimen. Knowing you had such positive results is good enough to get me back on track.