As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[RUST] - If you build it, they will come. And then they will murder you. (New PA Server!)

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Well, I was able to jump in, put some tools together, build a house, kill and roast a boar, and start collecting resources for various other needed items. So I guess my time away from the game hasn't made me too...

8-)

Rusty.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    I've finally finished working for the day so I'm going to hop on. Sometimes IT can be a harsh mistress.

• YallYall Registered User regular
    So is anyone interested in partnering up?

Cool. I've got a small place near the airfield too. Nice because it has easy access to loot barrels, crates, and a bunch of constantly respawning crude oil and a refinery.

So do I need some special skill to use the map? I crafted one and set it to an inventory slot, but when I try to open it nothing happens. Am I using it wrong or something?

Steam | Twitch
  • TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    So do I need some special skill to use the map? I crafted one and set it to an inventory slot, but when I try to open it nothing happens. Am I using it wrong or something?

g key when it's on your hotbar

Well crud.

Thanks!

Steam | Twitch
  • vhannroyvhannroy Registered User regular
    Server is all up to date. Cant wait to find a flame thrower!

• zwayhowderzwayhowder SydneyRegistered User regular
    Giddyup. I go on holidays and come back and you've all returned to Rust.

I'll be on tomorrow for a bit. And hopefully I'll be able to get on regularly fairly soon. Finally stopping travel for work.

Zway
    3DS - 3669-0094-2458 || WiiU/Steam/PSN zwayhowder || XboX lujjan || Untappd zwayhowder
  • RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    I joined up on the server after an extended hiatus and there's so much more to discover. Will hopefully be on later tonight.

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Which server in the OP do you fine folks usually frequent?

steam_sig.png
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Which server in the OP do you fine folks usually frequent?

Ignore the OP. It's shit. New server info is in the last couple pages.

Steam | Twitch
    I haven't been able to find the server, there is only one AK that shows up for me :(

Can someone post the playrust.io link I can join it from there.

Zway
    3DS - 3669-0094-2458 || WiiU/Steam/PSN zwayhowder || XboX lujjan || Untappd zwayhowder
    Hey gents - how the server been? I was in NYC for work so I haven't been on for over a week. Been a lot of traffic?

Yall wrote: »
    Hey gents - how the server been? I was in NYC for work so I haven't been on for over a week. Been a lot of traffic?

I hadn't logged in for a while either. Looks like someone raided the base and stole everything.

Well I rented the server for another 2 months. Also fixed a few plugins that were acting up. Seems to be a steady few players not from PA on in the evenings. We will see how things go after the patch tomorrow.

I'm travelling for the next week, but will be in Vegas so actually in a similar timezone to the most of you for a change so maybe I'll see you online.

Zway
    Well this patch was lackluster at best.. I was really hoping they would fix the insane hunger levels but I guess they seem to think it is at an acceptable level. Any thoughts on if it is to high or not?

Food is so easy to find that hunger is fine where it's at. You can't walk more than 100 feet without finding enough food to totally fill you up. Plus now you can get water from lakes and rivers.

cool, I am glad I asked.

So the wipe is tomorrow, we shall see if they are going to put in the xp system or not. It will be interesting to see how that changes the dynamics if they do drop it in. Any thoughts?

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    vhannroy wrote: »
    So the wipe is tomorrow, we shall see if they are going to put in the xp system or not. It will be interesting to see how that changes the dynamics if they do drop it in. Any thoughts?

Word seems to be the XP definitely won't be this update, June at the earliest.

Also Garry had a daughter today it sounds like. Reddit, while managing to (currently) be oddly civil, has had no lack of "did she choose her gender?" jokes. :lol:

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

ahh good to know. I have not been following Reddit much. Guess I really should.

well the new patch brings.... stuff. IMO nothing to write home about besides the snow area returning. Though the server has been wiped I did not clear bp's. Time to build your super castle or in my case a shitter base that will soon be ready for you to raid.

Alright, they just dropped the new xp system in rust. Time to not die to an ak on day one!

edited July 2016
    Alright, they just dropped the new xp system in rust. Time to not die to an ak on day one!

I'm giving it a go on your server.

Edit: I think the playrust.io plugin needs updating. It's not working for me.

That_Guy on
    That_Guy wrote: »

I'm giving it a go on your server.

Edit: I think the playrust.io plugin needs updating. It's not working for me.

lol i wish I would have read this oh about 15 minutes ago. Just canceled my server. Might start it back up again if they come out with something really cool but for now it is just grinding every month to get to the same point just to start over again.

Once they stop wiping XP I think this is going to be a good time to get back in. The XP system is a lot fairer than blueprints

Zway
    edited July 2016
    Has there been anything said about making XP a global, not server dependent, system? I hate spending a bunch of time on a server only to be driven out by hostiles and losing all that XP.

On one server, I got to level 10 before giving up on it. I was doing pretty good. Had a little base all the way at the end of the map behind a bunch of rocks and so far out of the way that you would have to be hugging northernmost shore of the northernmost island to see it. The sun was just coming up and I was gearing up to go resource gathering. Out of nowhere the admin teleports me 20+ minutes from my base. And wouldn't you know it; when I get back to my base it's been raided with no visible signs of entry or exit.

That_Guy on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Has there been anything said about making XP a global, not server dependent, system? I hate spending a bunch of time on a server only to be driven out by hostiles and losing all that XP.

On one server, I got to level 10 before giving up on it. I was doing pretty good. Had a little base all the way at the end of the map behind a bunch of rocks and so far out of the way that you would have to be hugging northernmost shore of the northernmost island to see it. The sun was just coming up and I was gearing up to go resource gathering. Out of nowhere the admin teleports me 20+ minutes from my base. And wouldn't you know it; when I get back to my base it's been raided with no visible signs of entry or exit.

I don't believe anything has been said in that regard, but I wouldn't be surprised if Unity would make that harder than necessary. I can't think of a Unity game that has persistent progression outside of specific servers, but then again, I try to keep my survival games to a select few :P

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Interstellar Marines has server to server persistence for player progression.

Man this game is comfy when you find a nice server. I've been playing on a new server this week. I managed to claim a small island on the northernmost edge of the map for myself. I've got my first base pretty built up and started a second, more secure one last night.

I am absolutely loving the retractable ladders. It's going to make it a LOT harder to break in and steal things.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm getting that survival itch and am reinstalling Rust. How is it doing since this thread was last active? Anyone still playing?

I play on an off. I just got off a bit of a bender a couple of weeks ago.

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I was gifted this recently. I haven't installed yet, but if there's at least one or two people playing semi-regularly I'd love to hang around and be a huge burden.

• ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I was gifted this recently. I haven't installed yet, but if there's at least one or two people playing semi-regularly I'd love to hang around and be a huge burden.
    I recently picked this up from a humble bundle package.

My experience with public servers have been less than stellar, in large part cause the game decided to give me a female avatar..which results in all sorts of unimaginative euphemisms and "uses" for spears and my inevitable corpse.

I doubt there are any PA servers?

Buttcleft on
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    I recently picked this up from a humble bundle package.

My experience with public servers have been less than stellar, in large part cause the game decided to give me a female avatar..which results in all sorts of unimaginative euphemisms and "uses" for spears and my inevitable corpse.

I doubt there are any PA servers?

The game decided I should be a black guy. I know your pain.