Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[DnD 5E] Barrowtown - A 5E PbP (Game's done! Post-game discussion is open!)

1111214161724

Posts

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    @Melding‌ need your initiative

  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Jelenneth sighs, so close to getting in there without monsters.

    Sorry been away for a chunk of the day

    geth roll 1d20+3 for initiative

    initiative:
    1d20+3 11 [1d20=8]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Round 1

    Take note of the colored circles around your PC. The smaller circle is 5 feet, the typical range of a melee attack. The larger circle is the outside edge of your maximum movement. Describe where you're moving (if you're moving) and we'll see how this works out.

    Also note that the enemies don't have their ranges showing. Mysterious!


    enc05-round1.jpg

    Tal - HP 40/40; AC 16
    Status: Normal.
    Rhyna - HP 16/16; AC 14
    Status: Normal.
    Halath - HP 25/25; AC 16
    Status: Mage Armor active.
    Lakor - HP 40/40; AC 18
    Status: Normal.
    Ooze 1 - HP 22/22; AC 8
    Status: Normal.
    Seamus - HP 46/46; AC 20
    Status: Normal.
    Ooze 2 - HP 22/22; AC 8
    Status: Normal.
    Ooze 3 - HP 22/22; AC 8
    Status: Normal.
    Jelenneth - HP 22/22; AC 13
    Status: Normal.
    Ooze 4 - HP 22/22; AC 8
    Status: Normal.

    Up First: @mallenellam‌

    Denada on
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Which one am I? Dark Blue or Light Blue?

  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I guessed I was the Dark Blue since above I said I'd take point. My reward was starting right next to a monster >.<

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Lakor is light blue, Seamus is dark blue.

  • mallenellammallenellam Registered User regular
    "Rhyna, to that one," Tal points to the ooze that threatens the mage (Ooze 1). Backing (south in this pic) to the edge of the bridge, Tal lets loose his arrow at the same oozing monster.

    Geth roll 1d20+9 for Attack on Ooze 1.

    Attack:
    1d20+9 11 [1d20=2]

  • mallenellammallenellam Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d6+5 for damage on Ooze 1.

    damage:
    1d6+5 9 [1d6=4]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Rhyna barks menacingly while your arrow sinks into the ooze. The arrow leaves a good-sized hole, but its metal tip is disintegrated in the process.

    I'm not actually going to move Rhyna since she's already within 5 feet of O1. Oh never mind I get what you meant now.

    Rhyna moves between Tal and O1, provoking on opportunity attack from O2. That attacks hits for 2 bludgeoning damage + 2 acid damage.

    O1 makes an opportunity attack when you leave its reach. The attack misses.

    enc05-round1b.jpg

    @Nealneal‌ is up.

    Denada on
  • mallenellammallenellam Registered User regular
    Rhyna moves up and snarls, trying to insert herself between the ooze and her companion.

  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Halath moves closer to Seamus, stretches out his hand and sprays noxious poison all over the nearest ooze.

    Geth roll 1d12 for Poison Spray Damage

    @Denada‌ to roll Ooze 3's Con save versus DC 13


    Poison Spray Damage:
    1d12 4 [1d12=4]

    Nealneal on
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    O3 fails its Con save and takes 4 poison damage.

    @am0n‌ is up.

    Denada on
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Lakor steps back, raising his Warhammer and channeling a jet of flame towards the ooze engaged by the hound.

    @Denada Ooze 1's ST vs. Dex, DC13.


    Geth roll 1d8 for Sacred Flame damage


    He then turns his attention to the ooze on the other side of the bridge, bringing his hammer down in a swinging motion. A shadow appears adjacent to the creature and strikes out against it, persisting after the attack, awaiting further commands from Lakor.

    Cast Spiritual Weapon, dropping it between Lakor and Ooze 2 and attacking Ooze 2 (bonus action).


    Geth roll 1d20+5;1d8+3 for Spiritual Weapon attack;Spiritual Weapon damage

    Sacred Flame damage:
    1d8 6 [1d8=6]
    Spiritual Weapon attack;Spiritual Weapon damage:
    1d20+5 12 [1d20=7]
    1d8+3 10 [1d8=7]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    O1 fails its save and takes 6 radiant damage.

    On its turn, O1 moves toward Jelenneth and misses her with an attack.

    enc05-round1c.jpg

    @silence1186‌ is up.

  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    "As usual, it falls to dwarven kind to do the heavy lifting." Raising his voice, Seamus bellows out, "focus fire, lads and lasses! Fall in line, so we can build a defensive formation at range from the beasties!"

    Seamus becomes a whirlwhind of steel and spells. He steps south from O3, and circles around Halath to interpose himself between Lakor and Halath, taking care to avoid O2's threaten range.

    "I've got both ye lads covered. Now for offense."

    Seamus gestures towards Ooze 1, causing a skeletal hand to assault it.

    Geth roll 1d20+4;1d8 for Ranged Spell Attack and Chill Touch damage

    "There's more where that came from!" Seamus snaps his fingers and summons yet another skeletal hand.

    Seamus activates Action Surge, giving him an extra Action. He uses it to cast Chill Touch (again) on Ooze 1, or if Geth likes me and killed Ooze 1 with the first Chill Touch, then on Ooze 2.

    Geth roll 1d20+4;1d8 for 2nd Ranged Spell Attack and Chill Touch damage


    Ranged Spell Attack and Chill Touch damage:
    1d20+4 18 [1d20=14]
    1d8 7 [1d8=7]
    2nd Ranged Spell Attack and Chill Touch damage:
    1d20+4 11 [1d20=7]
    1d8 7 [1d8=7]

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    @denada How do reactions work in PbP? If something melees Lakor or Halath, I can give it disadvantage.

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    For something like that I'll keep it in mind and do my best to have your enemies act with the knowledge and intelligence that they have. Otherwise, if you have a reaction that you want to use just post as soon as you see the trigger. I don't mind redoing a turn if necessary. It's just one of those things that comes with a PbP.

    The ooze nearest Jelenneth doesn't seem particularly bothered by the cold of Seamus's spell, but the second application of magic is enough to cause it to crumble into a pile of frozen ooze-cubes. The pile dissipates into a cloud of purple smoke as another ooze moves toward Tal and Rhyna. It sort of lunges at Tal, slapping him across the chest with its acrid-smelling pseudopod.

    O1 is resistant to cold damage (you can assume they all are) but between the two attacks Seamus does enough damage to kill it.

    O3 gets an opportunity attack against Seamus, but the attack misses.

    O2 moves toward Tal and Rhyna. It then hits Tal with an attack for 5 bludgeoning damage + 6 acid damage.

    enc05-round1d.jpg

    @Melding is up.

    Denada on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Jelenneth sighs in relief as the ooze near her crumbles. "If you don't mind, I'll just stick back here. 'Fire support'" she attempts not to snicker as she hurls off a ice spell at the nearest ooze.



    get roll 1d20+5;1d8 for ray of frost against O2

    If that hits its movement is slowed by 10 feet.

  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    geth roll 1d20+5;1d8 for ray of frost against O2

    ray of frost against O2:
    1d20+5 22 [1d20=17]
    1d8 8 [1d8=8]

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    @denada How do reactions work in PbP? If something melees Lakor or Halath, I can give it disadvantage.

    Another idea that may help is if you have any particular reactions you think you may use soon, to just make a comment in your post about it. In 4E game I'd usually just add a line near the end that says "If anything does X, I'm going to Immediate Reaction with Power Y."

  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    @denada Chill Touch is Necrotic damage. Yes, the name is misleading.

    silence1186 on
    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    denada Chill Touch is Necrotic damage. Yes, the name is misleading.

    UGH. It was late and I was like "nah I won't look this one up, it's called CHILL touch, what else could it be?" and of course it's not cold damage. So the first chill touch will kill O1 then and the second one will go to O2.

    I've got a meeting to go to, then I'll make sure Ray of Frost is actually cold, and then I'll update.

    Denada on
    Elvenshae
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    O2 takes 4 damage from Jelenneth's Ray of Frost.

    The last ooze on the bridge slides forward, slowly making its way toward the battle. It's going to hurt one of you pretty soon, just you wait.

    O4 moves forward. It's not in range for an attack.

    Round 2

    With one ooze up in smoke and another frozen in place, things aren't looking too bad for you right now. But don't count your blessings yet, because things can turn pretty quickly in this world and you might just end up being digested by a semi-sentient and possibly-not-real giant slime-thing.

    enc05-round2.jpg

    Tal - HP 29/40; AC 16
    Status: Normal.
    Rhyna - HP 12/16; AC 14
    Status: Normal.
    Halath - HP 25/25; AC 16
    Status: Mage Armor active.
    Lakor - HP 40/40; AC 18
    Status: Spiritual Weapon (9).
    Seamus - HP 46/46; AC 20
    Status: Normal.
    Ooze 2 - HP 1/22; AC 8
    Status: Slowed (-10ft).
    Ooze 3 - HP 18/22; AC 8
    Status: Normal.
    Jelenneth - HP 22/22; AC 13
    Status: Normal.
    Ooze 4 - HP 22/22; AC 8
    Status: Normal.

    @mallenellam‌ is up.

  • mallenellammallenellam Registered User regular
    Bloodied by the strong attack of the ooze, Tal stumbles a bit and motions for Rhyna to go in for the kill. Rhyna springs to the aid of her master.

    Geth roll 1d20+5 for Rhyna's attack on O2.
    Geth roll 1d6+3 for damage to O2.

    Rhyna's attack:
    1d20+5 12 [1d20=7]
    damage to O2:
    1d6+3 8 [1d6=5]

  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Halath wastes no time and conjures another wisp of poison for the nearest ooze.

    Geth roll 1d12 for Poison Spray Damage
    @Denada‌ for Con Save DC 13

    Poison Spray Damage:
    1d12 12 [1d12=12]

    Elvenshae
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    O3 makes its save, and would laugh if it was physically able to do so and had the capacity for emotion.

  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    *shakes fist* Curse you ooze!

  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    oops, @am0n‌

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    O2 ist kaputt, ja?

    Lakor raises his warhammer, pointing towards the next Ooze in front of them. The shadow hammer follows, moving up to and swinging at the creature in one smooth motion.


    Geth roll 1d20+5;1d8+3 for Attack vs O3; Damage vs O3


    He then raises his warhammer, aiming to smite the creature before him.


    @Denada Dex ST vs. DC13
    Geth roll 1d8 for Sacred Flame Damage

    Attack vs O3; Damage vs O3:
    1d20+5 9 [1d20=4]
    1d8+3 6 [1d8=3]
    Sacred Flame Damage:
    1d8 3 [1d8=3]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    O2 is dead, yeah.

    O3 fails its save. It squishes and jiggles in something resembling pain.

    @silence1186‌ is up.

  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    "Tch, we've seen how fast the beasties can move, just look at that one on the far end of the bridge! Keep your distance, and we'll safely whittle 'em down from range. I'll wall 'em off for now."

    Seamus moves diagnonally up and to the right, so that he is above Halath, to the right of Lakor, and not quite in O3's AoO range.

    Seamus then summons another spectral hand to assault ooze 3.

    Geth roll 1d20+4;1d8 for Ranged Spell Attack and Necrotic Damage

    If the attack is successful, the target can't regain hit points for a turn.

    Also, @denada if the oozes try to attack Halath, I'll spend my reaction to give it disadvantage the first time.

    Ranged Spell Attack and Necrotic Damage:
    1d20+4 14 [1d20=10]
    1d8 1 [1d8=1]

    V wrote:
    Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    The third ooze makes its way toward the fight, searching with whatever sort of weird ooze-vision it must have for its next target. It strikes out at Halath, but Seamus's presence makes that very difficult, and it misses. A little bit of acidic goo gets on Seamus's shield, but the rain washes it away before it does any damage.

    O3 moves forward and attacks Halath (with disadvantage from Seamus) and misses.

    enc05-round2b.jpg

    @Melding‌ is up.


  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    "I know we said focus fire, but I think if i can get them with my ray of frost i can keep the one out of the fight." She summons up another bit of frost and hurls it at the furthest ooze.

    geth roll 1d20+5;1d8 for ray of frost attack and cold damage against ooze 4

    And if it hits, slowed 10 feet.

    ray of frost attack and cold damage against ooze 4:
    1d20+5 21 [1d20=16]
    1d8 3 [1d8=3]

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    O4, being slowed by Jelenneth's Ray of Frost, just sits there with a non-existent look of consternation on its non-existent face.

    Round 3

    Well, I guess you should go ahead and kill the rest of these things while you're here.

    enc05-round3.jpg


    Tal - HP 29/40; AC 16
    Status: Normal.
    Rhyna - HP 12/16; AC 14
    Status: Normal.
    Halath - HP 25/25; AC 16
    Status: Mage Armor active.
    Lakor - HP 40/40; AC 18
    Status: Spiritual Weapon (8).
    Seamus - HP 46/46; AC 20
    Status: Normal.
    Ooze 3 - HP 8/22; AC 8
    Status: Normal.
    Jelenneth - HP 22/22; AC 13
    Status: Normal.
    Ooze 4 - HP 21/22; AC 8
    Status: Slowed (-10ft, so J nt).

    @Nealneal‌ is up.

    Elvenshae
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Hah, sorry. I don't know why but that's like the third time I've done that and the first time I didn't catch myself.

  • mallenellammallenellam Registered User regular
    Knocking an arrow, Tal lets loose at the lone ooze (4), shuffling over there all by himself.

    Geth roll 1d20+9 for attack.
    Geth roll 1d6+5 for damage to ooze 4.

    attack:
    1d20+9 12 [1d20=3]
    damage to ooze 4:
    1d6+5 8 [1d6=3]

  • mallenellammallenellam Registered User regular
    Rhyna moves to her master's side, awaiting further instructions.

  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Halath quickly ducks back behind Seamus. Then he draws his sling and whips a bullet at the furthest ooze on the bridge.

    Use Cunning Action to Disengage from Ooze 3
    Geth roll 1d20+6 for Sling attack vs. Ooze 4
    Geth roll 1d4+4 for Damage (Bludgeoning)

    Sling attack vs. Ooze 4:
    1d20+6 21 [1d20=15]
    Damage (Bludgeoning):
    1d4+4 8 [1d4=4]

  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
Sign In or Register to comment.