Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Shovel Knight] Strike the Earth!

18910111214»

• T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    Well done to the guys at Yacht Club! Shovel Knight really is one of those games that deserves the lot.

I hope its success means we get a Shovel Knight 2 sometime down the line.

KoopahTroopahGrove
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The news got me on a Shovel Knight kick, so I finished up all the feats for SK. That speedrun feat was pretty tricky. Then I thought I'd combine the no dying one with NG+, because it didn't seem that much harder. And it wasn't terribly. But boy was I sweating on the boss rush.

I also wish they didn't disable feats when using the amiibo, but I can see why. So I have to do another playthrough to level it up. But boy is it really fun and interesting with the whole whack of new relics and abilities you get!

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    PSN: TheWolfman64 3DS/Pokemon Y: 0774-4614-4065/NNID: the_wolfman64
    38thDoe
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    ?username=KoopahTroopah&theme=light

Steam - Battle.net - Koopah089 - PSN/Xbox - 1639-6388-9968/KoopahTroopah - Switch
    Kreutz
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    I hope we get a release date. It was intended for spring, and it's getting close to autumn.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Of course King Knight would be the grandest of them all!

Dr. Chaos
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I'm still hoping they do Super Shovel Knight at some point with 16 or 32 bit aesthetic.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    Linespider521stCentury
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Super Shield Knight.

YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
    Dr. ChaosAbsoluteZero
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Super Shield Knight.
    We definitely got to get her playable in the next one.

Ab3HW.png
    FF14: Buckle Landrunner
    Steam Profile
    3DS FC: 1246-9730-5556
    AbsoluteZero
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I'm still hoping they do Super Shovel Knight at some point with 16 or 32 bit aesthetic.

And they go absolutely bananas with Mode 7 scaling and rotation and such.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    21stCenturyAbsoluteZero
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    I would've gladly given them more money for all the DLC that's come out for the game so far.
    This is what steam gifting is good for. You can give the developer more money AND share a game you love with someone! Its win/win!

38thDoe
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    A small part of me is sad that they are taking away one of my few 100% games on steam, but most of me can't wait for another three runs through Shovel Knight. I hope they don't abandon the universe/genre though. They really nailed it on every metric I care about. It is such a joy to play.

steam_sig.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    It's the multiplayer expansion. $9.99 on it's own, free to the Treasure Trove. That brings about 5 games worth of content to the Treasure Trove... :hydra: No release date for either Showdown or King of Cards.

KoopahTroopah on

Steam - Battle.net - Koopah089 - PSN/Xbox - 1639-6388-9968/KoopahTroopah - Switch
    Dark Raven X
    No release date for either Showdown or King of Cards.
    Fuuuuucccckkk..

Ab3HW.png
    Steam Profile
    38thDoe
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I just want to point out that the team has delivered on every, single, one of their kickstarter promises.

Full game, plus 3 boss DLCs expansions, multiplayer mode, gender swap bonus, OSTs etc.

Dr. ChaosKoopahTroopahAbsoluteZeroGennenalyse RuebenErlec
    edited August 2018
    Playable Shield Knight!

*squeals and does lil hummingbird claps*

I don't know what it is, sword and board is the least interesting weapon set up in the world to me but rocking the Captain America fist and thrown shield style is one of my favorite things ever.

Dr. Chaos on
    Ab3HW.png
    Steam Profile
    KoopahTroopah
  • T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    "I'm just an assist trophy, Sakurai?! Fine, I'm gonna go make my own fighting game! With blackjack! And hookers!"

AbsoluteZero
    Shovel Knight's spirit cannot rest until he is in every platform fighter known to man, even his own.

Ab3HW.png
    Steam Profile
    ElvenshaemanwiththemachinegunKoopahTroopahDarmakSCREECH OF THE FARGEtiowsaGennenalyse Rueben
    Multiplayer looks frantic as all hell. Excited to coop it a bit. I love that there are other knights playable besides the ones that have campaigns.

Dr. Chaos
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Wait, they are adding smash bros to shovel knight?

steam_sig.png
    KoopahTroopah
    edited August 2018
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    No release date for either Showdown or King of Cards.
    Fuuuuucccckkk..

@Dr. Chaos soon...
    Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about King of Cards either! We’re nearing the end of development on what is by far our biggest and most grandest singleplayer campaign yet! Stay tuned for information on the final release date... later this week!

KoopahTroopah on

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    I finished this game without knowing that I was not supposed to destroy the "checkpoints"
    FML

tylvh4k5gys0.gif
    Dark Raven XDr. Chaos38thDoeNaphtaliKupiKoopahTroopahElvenshaeKreutzAbsoluteZero
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    You must have got some fat loot though

Oh brilliant
    Andy Joe
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I can't really tell because I died so much at some point that I have less gold than what I started out with
    Took me like 20 hours
    I blame Dead Cells and Hollow Knight for conditioning me to hit everything

Peas on
    tylvh4k5gys0.gif
    Dark Raven XDr. Chaos
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    I finished this game without knowing that I was not supposed to destroy the "checkpoints"
    FML

Thats just Hard mode

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    KoopahTroopahElvenshaeAndy JoeKreutz
    Well you saved yourself a play through.

steam_sig.png
    21stCenturyKreutz
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Good news! King of Cards has a release date! Bad news...
    Yacht Club Games has plenty of more Shovel Knight
    content to come, and the developer is now finally ready to share when the King of Cards, Showdown, and more are coming.

IGN can exclusively reveal that Shovel Knight: King of Cards, the third and final story-based expansion, will be released on April 9, 2019. Shovel Knight Showdown, previously revealed earlier this week by IGN, will also be released on April 9.

Other notes: Physical copy of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove will be released for PS4 and Switch on the same day for $40.
    The Shovel Knight amiibo 3-pack will also release that day.

Yikes. That's pretty much a full year after the original release date.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    KoopahTroopahAbsoluteZero
    Yeah, that's rough. Although it's basically both expansions on the same day.

I want that Amiibo three pack.

21stCentury
    edited August 2018
    Good lord. Thats going to be a rough wait.

Wonder why King of Cards is taking so long in comparison to the others. Are they just knee deep in both Showdown and KOC and the former ended up becoming bigger than they originally planned? Sounds like it.

Dr. Chaos on
    Ab3HW.png
    Steam Profile
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Good lord. Thats going to be a rough wait.

Wonder why King of Cards is taking so long in comparison to the others. Are they just knee deep in both Showdown and KOC and the former ended up becoming bigger than they originally planned? Sounds like it.

In their Kickstarter email they mentioned wanting to release all of the versions at the same time instead of releasing them as soon as they can for each system. I imagine that is a big factor as getting versions approved and ready to go before physical is a tight schedule.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    FML

That's awesome though. I'd like to go back and do a run where I destroy all the checkpoints.

I have the game on steam, a physical ds copy, and I think I want to get that switch physical copy too.

Steam: offday
    XBL and PSN: AnOffday