As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Shovel Knight] Strike the Earth!

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I hope this date is legit now. I really want to play it. I kickstarted it, but I keep forgetting about it.

Steam: offday
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Seems legit to me!

box_front.png

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Wishing I'd dropped $50 for the box. It's quite elegant.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Wow, hadn't paid much attention to this title before. It looks incredible.

Also, the music. The music! It's not just me, right? It's really good? Because I think it's really good.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Oooh, the instruction manual is nice. Really does remind me of the old days of instruction booklets.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Man, this game will keep you on your toes at points. Definitely has that oldschool mentality; some are definitely going to think it cheap, but it walks that fine line where paying attention and adjusting your strategy can see you through. Definitely keep that in mind if you're thinking of buying.
    Screw Spectre Knight.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Three more days! I am excite!

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    One full glorious weekend with the wife gone to enjoy this game. Good timing for me.

Launch trailer is on YouTube! Dang that music is great. Rockin castlevania style.

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I think it sounds more Mega Man than Castlevania. But the castle in the distance of the first level is totally a Castlevania nod.

Anytime I see pics of this game I start hearing the Megaman 2 start screen music run through my head. I don't know why and more importantly I don't care.

I think there's a serious chance I'll end up buying this on both my 3DS and Wii U.

Because I can take my 3DS to work with me and I'll be sitting there Thursday, and no way I don't download it at some point to play in my downtime.

But when I get home well, of course I'll want it on my TV!

If only Nintendo didn't have an ass backwards account system I could buy it once, download it twice, and move my save data.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    We are on the verge of Shovel Knight. It will be out tomorrow.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    I still need to decide between the Wii U/3DS version. I'm probably gonna go with Wii U, since I doubt I'd get too many street passes.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    I've got 3DSbux all ready to go, but may buy it on Steam as well.

I cannot wait for tomorrow.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
    I'm getting it on Wii U. I may get it elsewhere, but Wii U is where my key from the Kickstarter is going.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Debating on getting the Deluxe. Might as well give them a little extra.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Maybe this game will replace Spelunky in my daily sidescroller drug injection.

I can hope!

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    It's out early for Kickstarter backers!

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Double, trouble, soil, and shovel

this game is p good

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Wooooo. I might be up late tonight.

A as cancel keeps throwing me off.

after i beat king knight people were saying to talk to chester - does he turn up in town if you miss him on the stage?

CD World Tour status:
    "Watch your magic meter!"

Heh.

edited June 2014
    What a horrible night to have a Baz.

edit: Guys you have to try the spellcaster armor. So good.

Enlong on
    This game is amazing. Already one of my favorites. I hope more people pick this up tomorrow. This thread needs more love.

eShop doesn't think it's the 26th yet for me. :(

Just got through the first stage. Oh man, my 8-bit feels, they are present!

I still can't buy it. I thought the eshop always had releases ready to go at midnight.

SO much tasty flavor! Loving it!

Oh man, these subweapons. These subweapons are so good. The game gets more like Castlevania by the minute.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    It's probably way too early to tell, but does it hold up? The problem I have with some "retro" games is that the designers sometimes get "nostalgia" and "bullshit" mixed up. There was a lot of really good stuff back then. There was also a lot of really dumb bullshit too, we just put up with it because we were young, dumb, and didn't know any better.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Just wanted to pop in and say how glad I am that I kickstarted this, it's really fantastic. Easily an 8 or a 9 so far. Just the feel and the music alone are super choice. Very polished.

That being said, kind of mad that my favorite designed knight Spectre was pretty much a push over.

KoopahTroopah on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    So....Wii U vs 3DS? I'm still not sure where do I want to play it...

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    A quick tip, if the question is, "can you shovel it?" the answer 99% of the time: yes.

Just wanted to pop in and say how glad I am that I kickstarted this, it's really fantastic. Easily an 8 or a 9 so far. Just the feel and the music alone are super choice. Very polished.

That being said, kind of mad that my favorite designed knight Spectre was pretty much a push over.

At least you'll get to play as him.

Spectre took me a few times.

So, for everyone who is playing this or was able to buy it last night, did you kickstart it? Because the eShop still just shows it as "Coming Soon"

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    That's because it hasn't been released yet except to those that Kickstarted it. We'll get it later today, have patience

edit: Steam says it will unlock in approximately 5 hours so use that as a general guidline as to when it'll be available.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png