As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Starbound] Has actually released!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    instakill wooden spikes that are almost impossible to see at night + hardcore mode = bullshit.

• Options
    Sooo...... *averts gaze awkwardly*....
    Does anyone know how to edit player data so that it's no longer on Hardcore?

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    So.

I'll be starting up a new character tonight then.

Might as well do it on the PA server. Maybe I'll run into some of you out there in the black.

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Woo hoo, patch day. Kinda thinking of streaming some hardcore once I get home.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    Raslin wrote: »
    Woo hoo, patch day. Kinda thinking of streaming some hardcore once I get home.
    Watch out for insta-kill spikes.

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Jesus...got started up again. First landing spot is a corrupted biome with tentacle trees all over the place. (Which sadly don't seem to drop seeds.) Everything is going pretty good until it starts raining meteors. One hits and kills me, I spawn, before I can even move another one hits and kills me, and the third time I get about 20 blocks before another one takes me out.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Any optimization updates? I feel like my 6870 and AMD Phenom 975 processor should be able to run this very well, but last time I played the frame rate was atrocious on anything other than the highest zoom.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Have they said anything about adding craftable signs, notes or anything like that yet?

Would be really helpful to establish reminders of certain areas or things and leave helpful messages or let people know if another player lives in the poorly constructed wooden hut in front of them.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    Sweet Glorious Patch Day! I'll be updating the OP as soon as I can confirm the server status. I will be establishing a welcome center on the starting planet as Dr Leftingsright, Apex Scientist. Also keep an eye out for upcoming contests. This is going to be a good week for PA Starbound!

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    Gotta love these flags.
    z52y7Op.jpg

My cannibalistic patriotism is swelling.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    pre-patch i could play this game with no stutters. post-patch my cpu is pegging out and ram usage is 1gb out of 12 i have, and everything is so choppy...hope that emergency hotfix comes soon.

• Options
    Oh, got four molten cores from the penguin ship this time.

Thats interesting.

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Finally started up. It's fun to wander around exploring the planet and not being sure what is going to kill you. The familiar feel of Terraria with a few nice little kicks thrown in. I hope I don't burn myself out by the time the game is actually released. My house after day 1:
    oRbC2n5.jpg

I had no idea what I was in for when I activated that beacon.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Dumbass meteor struck again while I was afk. On the upside, my property now kind of looks like somebody's ass tilting to the left somewhat.
    fdpaqvN.jpg

Not moving my home an inch though. I got wood planks for days.

Come at me, you son of a bitch.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Sooo...... *averts gaze awkwardly*....
    Does anyone know how to edit player data so that it's no longer on Hardcore?
    Anyone? I know where the save data is stored and how to edit it, just not sure what to put where.

Oh, speaking of which, odd tidbit: It seems like my old save data is still there. Game doesn't use it, obviously, and it uses the old format, but it's there.

• Options
    Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    @bartwerf
    A hotfix update has been released which fixes a number of issues with Furious Koala

• Options
    edited January 2014
    On the subject of new findings, I found my first switch in Starbound that actually does something/seems to actually be wired.

In a floran dungeon, I discovered a very large prison seemingly run by more tech saavy florans that had a bunch of more tribalistic looking fellows prisoner, a floor above, I noticed some more enemies below, I pressed the nearby controls and a prison door opened followed by a brutal melee vs plasma rifle showdown between the prisoners and their captors.

Good stuff. Don't know if the prisoners would have attacked me afterwards, they didn't survive the attack.
    MnY3mTk.jpg

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Server is up to date! thomastasks.org

I have to fix some of my background automation stuff later tonight, they screwed with a lot of file and stuff broke.

edit: Status page is kind of broke, I'll work on fixing that tomorrow. It still works on telling if server is up or not.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Dumbass meteor struck again while I was afk. On the upside, my property now kind of looks like somebody's ass tilting to the left somewhat.
    fdpaqvN.jpg

Not moving my home an inch though. I got wood planks for days.

Come at me, you son of a bitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgFTKuWWYhQ

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    That patch did actually help optimization quite a bit. I am getting a bit of slowdown when npcs are on screen now though.

• Options
    AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    Rejoice, all ye who would poke!

Spears will no longer pierce the veil of this realm and suck all existence into the nether!

(quick-patch fixed spearcrash, hooray)

• Options
    Soooo..... yeah, Hardcore isn't very fun. Not so much "Had a good long run, and then I finally went down" as "Random instakill in sector 1".

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Really nice to login today and see the patch all done'n stuff. Didn't even notice it install.

Also, am I the only one that never builds a house? I'm completely addicted to just traveling from planet to planet as soon as I have the coal and have pillaged a planet.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    cB557 wrote: »
    Soooo..... yeah, Hardcore isn't very fun. Not so much "Had a good long run, and then I finally went down" as "Random instakill in sector 1".

Yeah that mode doesnt seem like it will work all too well.

Neither does "dig to the bottom of the other side of the world your party is on(somewhere in the galxy) and everyone logs off, lose all items and respawn on your ship" mode.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I die a lot more in Starbound than I did in Terraria so I'm not too eager to jump into that mode yet.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Oh man, the boss codex entry for the robot you build is wonderful, especially the last page.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Ohh man. Just raided a floran dungeon, got multiple guns and a taser spear!

I'm liking this update a lot already.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Starting up a new character! Gona be an Apex and will be on the server! (is your ship stored on the server? If i wanted to play offline with the character will I stil ahve stuff I stored on the ship?)

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    I had bought this last month but was waiting for the last character wipe patch to hit before I gave it a try. Looks like now is the time!

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    Starting up a new character! Gona be an Apex and will be on the server! (is your ship stored on the server? If i wanted to play offline with the character will I stil ahve stuff I stored on the ship?)
    Ship and items on and in your character's inventory carry over between the two modes.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    huh I got a sword that sets things on fire with right click and fires lasers with the left click

I approve.

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I got a chef spawner, so I took it upon myself to build kitchen in the communal base to put her in. Then I figured there's no point having a kitchen without a food source, so we also have an underground farm. The chef sells food items for 5 pixels each, but sadly not seed. Do try not to kill her by mistake, those guys are extremely fragile. As my last doctor found out.

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    The combo of soldiers with guns + nightstick/shields in human bases was annoying me.

Then I got a nightstick and a shield. It's pretty awesome to have streams of full-auto fire bouncing off your shield as you approach to nightstick range.

• Options
    Found another one of those planets that have firearms peddling sky pirates.

Coordinates:

-36024057 -16345208

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I am creating a big ass farm at the home base. There is a chest in the farm that will be full of food stuffs. If you pick stuff please replant everything, some of these plants don't seed well and I don't have extra yet.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Mind if I drop a chest near that one that people can donate seeds to?

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I will make a spot.

Ok, I widened the chest spot in the farm.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Game still wont start up, leads right to error every time.

Blagh.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    I missed this game.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Found another one of those planets that have firearms peddling sky pirates.

Coordinates:

-36024057 -16345208

Which sector? From spawn, which direction, left or right?

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.