As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Starbound] Has actually released!

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Plants confuse me.
    Some seem to grow.
    Some seem not to.
    ever.

Planting saplings and making a super dense forest is awesome though.

Bless your heart.
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    My new crude underground home.
    70E9AB107C83659F17CCE0EC14F381E878FCED75

Hopefully I'm far enough down to protect me from meteor strikes.

Steam: offday
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Why were you tunneling through lava?

Because it's there?

*confers with panels of experts*

Yes. Because it's there.
    Bingo.
    Plus, if I can't go to every planet in the galaxy, tunnel to their cores, and then either strip the core bare for the metal and/or kill the devil, I'm going to write a strongly worded letter.
    How do you even know if you're reached the core?

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

Monsters can spawn there, you have to replace the backing :\

steam_sig.png
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

Crap. Replace it with cobble or anything else? Just as long as it's not dirt?

Steam: offday
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

Crap. Replace it with cobble or anything else? Just as long as it's not dirt?

bricks/planks of any sort. cobblestone bricks work.

Bless your heart.
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Plants confuse me.
    Some seem to grow.
    Some seem not to.
    ever.
    Different plants grow at different rates, and some of those rates happen to be something along the lines of "2 hours"

In unrelated news, I finally finished with that fucking castle. Never again.
    7l8mdq7.png

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Why were you tunneling through lava?

Because it's there?

*confers with panels of experts*

Yes. Because it's there.
    Bingo.
    Plus, if I can't go to every planet in the galaxy, tunnel to their cores, and then either strip the core bare for the metal and/or kill the devil, I'm going to write a strongly worded letter.
    How do you even know if you're reached the core?
    When I fall up.

• CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Plants confuse me.
    Some seem to grow.
    Some seem not to.
    ever.
    Different plants grow at different rates, and some of those rates happen to be something along the lines of "2 hours"

In unrelated news, I finally finished with that fucking castle. Never again.
    7l8mdq7.png

OCD....it's a helluva drug.
    Now go build us a mighty techno castle to gawk at!

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Kashaar wrote: »
    Mr Ray wrote: »
    Well project treedome doesn't actually work, it seems. The dome will protect the base itself, and I made it so that you at least spawn in a sheltered area, but the tree farm is just too tall and ceilings only seem to protect against acid rain up to a certain height.

Yeah, if the ceiling is too far out of view, raindrops will start spawning below it.

Edit: Unless... maybe if you made the entire background glass as well?

Ohhh, I had no idea you could just make glass. I've actually harvested all the existing glass I've used so far from an Apex lab. But yeah, glass walls are worth a try.

Incidentally, the glass ceiling does seem to provide protection against acid rain when its a small distance off-screen, but the rain particles will still draw. I.e, it looks like you're getting acid rained on, but you're actually fine.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Think I'm going to start building for funsies on the other side of our starting planet and see how it turns out when I'm not donating to the base.

We really lucked out on this place, acid rain and acid lakes? Badass.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    Alright so it's safe to start over now? No more wipes? Wee.

I have a server if you guys ever want to use it. The info is in my sig. It has 12 slots. I also have a Mumble server if anyone wants the info. Almost no one ever uses either, just me and a few friends use both. I plan on messing around with mods mostly so if there are any mods anyone ever wants to try out on a persistent server let me know about them and I'll load them up. If anyone wants to mess around themselves I could go ahead and set up some admin users and stuff.

• ElinElin Registered User regular
    Plants confuse me.
    Some seem to grow.
    Some seem not to.
    ever.

Wheat grows superfast. Bolt corn like... never grows. Nothing will grow if you are too far away from it. At least as of last patch. Is it still like that?

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I have everything Firefly in my Starbound now. I am now currently driving Serenity as part of a mod on the forums by a dude called Dead Squirrel. I also have a vender box called "Big Box O' Loot" which is more of a crafting station, which allows you to make weapons(Like Mal's revolver and of course, Vera) clothes, and even a space suit from the show. These aren't overpowered however, in that the dude put in several tiers of weapons that require rarer and rarer crafting items. Also, in the Box, you can buy spawners to populate Serenity with the characters from the show. Awesome.

LINKS: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/fireflys-big-box-of-loot-collaboration.883/

http://community.playstarbound.com/mobiquo/smartbanner/ads.php?referer=http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/dead-squirrels-firefly.785/&code=d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e&board_url=http://community.playstarbound.com

Kadoken on
    Your ships work on lite-Narnia time, so you can just grow your stuff on there if it takes too slow for you.

• ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    I don't think I can resist this any longer. Is there a better (or worse, to avoid) way to purchase the game?

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
    I got a gun that shoots lightning. Yeessss.
    wtjby6b.jpg

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I don't think I can resist this any longer. Is there a better (or worse, to avoid) way to purchase the game?

http://store.steampowered.com?

JtgVX0H.png
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    wtjby6b.jpg
    Damnit, did one of the guards in there drop it?

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    Plants confuse me.
    Some seem to grow.
    Some seem not to.
    ever.

Wheat grows superfast.
    Don't be fooled by wheat's rapid rate of growth, it is also the only farmable plant that has a chance to not give you cookable material when you harvest it. I don't want extra seeds you little shit, I want grown wheat so I can make my copper key pie.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    wtjby6b.jpg
    Damnit, did one of the guards in there drop it?
    That or one of the scientists. I didn't catch who specifically dropped it.

I did enjoy using it on their friends though.

• ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

http://store.steampowered.com?

I know I can buy it from their website as well, or thought I could. I just wasn't sure if there was a preferred method, or one that came with extras, etc.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular
    edited January 2014

I bought my keys through the Humble Store, but the price is the same direct through steam at the moment.

http://playstarbound.com/store/?tier=tier1 is the game plus the soundtrack.

Nackmatholn on
    camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Streaming now, if anyone wants to see the game but doesn't have it!

My wife and sister in law are discussing sociopaths. While murdering a village. So yeah.

Erin The Red on
  • I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I found a glitch house with a bunch of shackles and a dungeon underneath with a poop monster in it.

10/10

• JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    Now that characters will not go bye bye I have taken the plunge and purchased this!

• IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Started a new character in this.

Directly to the right of my landing point my starting planet transitions to magma biome, and to my left it is a toxic biome.

Nature is a cruel mistress.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Because this seems to come up a lot, our communal home planet's co-ordinates are as follows:

-97106490, -12063603

Specific planet is Alpha Deneb V 594 a

Could this be put in the OP?

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    They will fall to their knees and shout to me to show them mercy.
    I will look down at them and whisper...
    "Neigh"
    NEEEIGH_zpsec9e85c8.png

Also look at this robot guy! He even has doodlebobbers!
    robot_zps6b851d04.png

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    On the multiplayer server, could we add this compatibility mod?
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/dead-squirrels-firefly-compatibility-patch.1082/
    I don't want to strut in without my ship or browncoat.
    Also, do items need compatibility mods or do they do they transfer fine without any other tinkering?

Because this seems to come up a lot, our communal home planet's co-ordinates are as follows:

-97106490, -12063603

Done and Done. I intended on posting this earlier in the day, but being sick and working is no fun...

Server seems to be having a sad moment. I hope it comes back soon.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I poured lovely lava over cB and myself

-97106490, -12063603

Done and Done. I intended on posting this earlier in the day, but being sick and working is no fun...

Hope you feel better soon!

I added a bunch of seeds, a few guns, copper chestplate, few weapons to the chests (as well as planted a bunch of seeds) up for grabs feel free to take them if you're starting out... it'll definitely help.

E: Yeah looks like the server is down and out right now, which sucks cuz I made a shitload of glass for the homebase.

Prospicience on

I tried to get a hold of @diannaochong but I think he may be sleeping. The scripts he had in place pre-patch to auto restart the server do not want to work anymore.

I tried to get a hold of @diannaochong but I think he may be sleeping. The scripts he had in place pre-patch to auto restart the server do not want to work anymore.

It happens, he's good enough to host this for us and I think he's pretty swell.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I still can't get over the random name the game gave my glitch.

"Kernel Clank"

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    edited January 2014
    Hey, you don't get to steal the credit for that.

cB557 on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    jeffinva wrote: »
    Alright so it's safe to start over now? No more wipes? Wee.

I have a server if you guys ever want to use it. The info is in my sig. It has 12 slots. I also have a Mumble server if anyone wants the info. Almost no one ever uses either, just me and a few friends use both. I plan on messing around with mods mostly so if there are any mods anyone ever wants to try out on a persistent server let me know about them and I'll load them up. If anyone wants to mess around themselves I could go ahead and set up some admin users and stuff.

No more character wipes. World wipes may still happen.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I already own it, but I need to construct additional pylons to play it.

• f3rretf3rret Registered User regular

-97106490, -12063603

Hope you feel better soon!

I added a bunch of seeds, a few guns, copper chestplate, few weapons to the chests (as well as planted a bunch of seeds) up for grabs feel free to take them if you're starting out... it'll definitely help.

E: Yeah looks like the server is down and out right now, which sucks cuz I made a shitload of glass for the homebase.

Thanks for posting the co-ordinates, I just started the game and I was wondering how to get there. I'll gladly steal a gun as well, but will return it once I find or craft something better. :)

steam_sig.png