As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

For all the latest from the world of video games, find me at [GIANT BOMB DOT COM]

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I still dig Okami. It's too bad the they shit the bed so hard with the Wii version.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Turtleant those are also fighting words. The Wii version is the best version in my opinion. I much prefer using the wiimote to draw symbols than using analog sticks, even if the wiimote controls still aren't perfect.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    For what you need to do with the brush, the analog sticks do the job perfectly well and in the end I feel like it actually works better than the wiimote for that purpose.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (or maybe Going Commando?) is probably my favorite PS2 game.

I spent so many hours on that series. I really need to play through them again, and play the PS3 ones.

Though Dark Cloud 2 is definitely high up on my list too.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    The Wii version of Okami is the only one I got to play, and the wiimote brush stuff didn't bother me, the feel of the waggle in combat did
    Also I never finished it, got to the snowy area I think

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    robotbeerobotbee Drop any other moon on his face -Jupiter has so many it won't even careRegistered User regular
    Yay, Team ICO opinions!

I love ICO. Flat-out, hands-down. I love the scale of the castle and that you look back and see the rooms you were just in, in a lot of cases. They did a great job of making the castle feel like a Setting.
    I liked SotC too, but I got a little frustrated by the control schemes. I love how Argo is animated, but I didn't feel like the control/camera setup was as good as it could have been. It made it hard to see sometimes, and I also remember having to take Argo on these long sweeping routes because that's what the analog sticks allowed. I haven't been able to get back into SotC for awhile and maybe my perception is just wrong. I am still looking forward to The Last Guardian, whenever it comes out.

Whom the fly chicks tagged Lenore, nameless here forevermore.
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I think a lot of the finicky-feeling stuff in SotC would have gone away with a better framerate

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I bought the SotC/ICO HD collection and never once put the ICO disc in the machine. I sort of feel bad about that now.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    For the Blackguards QL: Vinny picked the second hardest map in Chapter 1 to show the game. It's basically a crapshoot to save that lady. I had to experiment with enemy pathing and where the hidden traps were to make it.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Okami should of had a stronger, tighter, clearer story & objectives.

I remember several instances where I spent hours scouring the world, slogging through unnecessary combat, trying to find whatever I needed to advance the story.

Okami, also had those awful extremely long quicktime events. Ultimately, those events would be another feature that I would spend hours trying to breakthrough.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I have a bad opinion to confess

I don't much care for shadow of the colossus

or ico

and by extension I'm not excited for the last guardian

well have I got some good news for you

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    hey pizza thread is it just me or do sheet pizzas taste worse than normal sized pizzas

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    hey pizza thread is it just me or do sheet pizzas taste worse than normal sized pizzas

What is a sheet pizza

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited January 2014

Of course they do. Everyone knows rectangle is inferior to circle.

Maximum on
  • Options

What is a sheet pizza

an extra extra large pizza

• Options

What is a sheet pizza

an extra extra large pizza

I mean presumably it would be more difficult to cook a larger and larger pizza the same amount over the whole serface

But the larger the pizza the less crust

Soooo

It's probably better

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Sheet pizzas are generally crappier, yes. When you need enough pizza to feed 20 people a slice each quality is a lower concern.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Hahaha Lucario's back in Smash 4 and people are maaaaaddd.

(big)
    B0HlApx.jpg

(yes this is a collage of 4chan posts but it is SFW)

sig.gif
  • Options
    I didn't realize there was this much lucario hate

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Idle Thumbs just said the meanest thing I've heard about Link Between Worlds that is not intended to be nearly as mean as it sounded to me

Link Between Worlds is to Link to the Past as the Watchmen movie is to the Watchmen comic

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular

People liked MewTwo better for some reason.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote: »

People liked MewTwo better for some reason.

It's because THATS WHEN I PLAYED POKEMON SO ITS BETTER

But MewTwo was total garbage sooo

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I hate Lucario because it's not Farfetch'd

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    All Pokémon are garbage.

Except Sandshrew.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I'll definitely be buying it if it comes to steam, but like

are there any new characters or is this one o' them love letters to the fans things

It looks like the only new characters are Bedman and the Valentine girl. I guess they want to start off slow for the new game engine.

They could add new characters for the console release and/or DLC.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    two things that i really appreciate that octodad does
    the main villain is defeated not with violence, but by octodad forgiving him and hugging him and reconciling with him

and even though scarlet is ostensibly supposed to be a generic 50s housewife stereotype, she's still a cool self-possessed character

if a doofy little indie game about destroying a suburban home with uncontrollable tentacles can handle that kind of stuff then what the hell are other games doing

• Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    I hate Lucario because it's not Farfetch'd

Coming to grips with the fact that Farfetch'd is terrible (gameplay wise) and will always be terrible and never get an evolution was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do

• Options
    sandshrew

is alright

• Options
    I loved Sandshrew way back in the day

I took a Sandshrew/Sandslash all the way through Pokemon Blue

Went back to check how he's doing these days, and apparently he's godawful

Fuck Pokemon

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

“Quarterly earnings reporting is not a good fit for Nintendo,” Iwata says. “We don't know in advance how much of a hit a product can be.”

Weird because every other company in the business seems to at least be able to make a decent guess

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

“Quarterly earnings reporting is not a good fit for Nintendo,” Iwata says. “We don't know in advance how much of a hit a product can be.”

Weird because every other company in the business seems to at least be able to make a decent guess

To be fair it seems like Nintendo largely thrives on games that perform decently for a long time rather than games that sell millions in the first week and then dry up

Or at least they did in the wii/ds days, maybe that's changed now

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    never played okami but ammy is super hype in MvC3

BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    HP4hVoR.png

you guys I had a dream where this was a real thing that you could buy and it was going to be rockstar's first next-gen title

and it was coming out in a week

and fuuuuck I wish I was still asleep it was such a good dream

• Options

Hooooly shit

That statement

Is incredible

Maybe he didn't mean to say that, exactly, because that just sounds like as close as you can get to an admission that they have no idea what they are doing

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

Hooooly shit

That statement

Is incredible

Maybe he didn't mean to say that, exactly, because that just sounds like as close as you can get to an admission that they have no idea what they are doing

It's definitely the kind of sentence that can be interpreted REALLY badly

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Lucario is okay

both in smash and as a pokemon in general

However, while I don't know what Lucario's deal is, it is nowhere near as cool as a mad science experiment

Also I wanted to see playable Mega Mewtwo that could switch between X and Y forms for different fighting styles

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Okami is the best Zelda game ever made besides wind waker

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Lucario is okay

both in smash and as a pokemon in general

However, while I don't know what Lucario's deal is, it is nowhere near as cool as a mad science experiment

Also I wanted to see playable Mega Mewtwo that could switch between X and Y forms for different fighting styles

Why do people seem to be assuming that this means mewtwo won't be in

This discussion has been closed.