As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This was the Last Xbox One Thread

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    And lol on the white Xbone. Everyone hated the white 360 and lost their shit when it went black, this is just the reverse. Consumer whorism at it's finest.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    So I'm getting impatient at the bull shit wait for tomb raider digital in Australia. If I switch over to US location can I buy the digital copy then switch back to Australian location and still be able to play it/have no other repercussions?

• Options
    tigerlily42tigerlily42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Did MS do away with reporting people for unsportsmanlike conduct? I just got creamed by the same guy in KI. I wouldn't mind except he teabagged me at the end of every match...

GnomishNinja.jpg
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Tomb Raider is out here on retail shelves if that's any consolation. It broke street day the day stock came in.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    ArkyrisArkyris Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Bubby wrote: »
    Is Forza Horizon a Forza 5 addon or a new standalone game? Weather effects sounds nice.

Horizon is a open-world spin-off series of Forza. It's a stand alone game based around the idea of a car/music festival where racers compete in organized and free races.

The first one on 360 is still the best racing game I've played. Maybe my favorite game of last gen. Few games have left me with such a lasting impression. The freedom to drive awesome cars like a maniac to dance/rock/alt music in an open world is amazing.

Arkyris on
  • Options
    Which is even more annoying, I'm determined to go digital, but with uncompetitive prices and bs released at shenanigans is really making it difficult

• Options
    KroenenKroenen Registered User regular
    And lol on the white Xbone. Everyone hated the white 360 and lost their shit when it went black, this is just the reverse. Consumer whorism at it's finest.

Eh, not really. I've got a White and Black 360 and I think the black one looks a bit better, while the white XBO looks a lot slicker than the glossy black monolithy One I have now. Some things look better in one color than another at times.

• Options
    Did MS do away with reporting people for unsportsmanlike conduct? I just got creamed by the same guy in KI. I wouldn't mind except he teabagged me at the end of every match...

This is why I stopped playing online. I hate playing with dipshit children.

• Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    Which is even more annoying, I'm determined to go digital, but with uncompetitive prices and bs released at shenanigans is really making it difficult

I would never go digital, I bought Ryse for $40 and traded it in for $30. Will do the same once I finish DR3. I never ever replay games so maybe I'm an exception.

• Options
    edited January 2014

This is why I stopped playing online. I hate playing with dipshit children.

Is it worse to get teabagged or have someone beat your lifeless corpse until the announcer loses his nut with "ULLLLTRRAAAAA COOMMMMMMBBOOOOOOO" (for about a minute or so).

Teabagging is especially immature.

What's your ISP like where you are in Australia? Because going digital died for me the instant I saw game downloads were like 50 fucking gigs (half my internet cap).

Aegeri on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2014

AFAIK the option to avoid a player and such doesn't really exist on the Xbox one atm.

edit: Yeah, it's not even on the enforcement page.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    XobyteXobyte Registered User regular

I would never go digital, I bought Ryse for $40 and traded it in for $30. Will do the same once I finish DR3. I never ever replay games so maybe I'm an exception.

I decided to go digital, but only for those spectacular games that I have no desire to ever trade in, like Naughty Dog or Bioware games. If it's anything I'm uncertain about, I'll buy physical first, and if it ends up being that great, then I'll trade it in and buy the digital version.

• Options
    Continental_OpContinental_Op Registered User regular
    god damn crackdown 3... must keep my hype levels low

halo 2 anniversary better have full on multiplayer support or there will be blood

See, I really enjoyed both Crackdowns, just fun, superhuman carnage. But for some reason, I'm hesitant to go for DR3. I think it might have been that I got both the Crackdowns for less than $60 and due to life don't have as much time to just sit and play aimlessly in an open world like that.

As for the digital/physical divide. I wouldn't mind going digital, even just getting the online codes from Amazon, but Amazon won't let me use my rewards on them, so physical copies of things until that gets fixed.

XBL - TeenageHead
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I live in Sydney and have unlimited downloads, quite solid connection too with TPG for 50 bucks a month (not including line rental), so im one of the few that doesn't even notice the big updates and downloads since they happen while my xbox is off. I very rarely sell games, unless I absolutely hate them. Either way I'm planning on buying things I won't play often or I can find really cheap physical,but stuff where I'm going to be booting it up a lot, or want to easily access it quickly, I'm going digital for.

I find myself playing my digital games more than physical ones, not because it's that big of a deal to put a disc in, but when I'm bored and don't know what to play, it's so much easier to start a digital game. It's like if there's a movie I like on tv, I'll watch it, even though I wouldn't go out of my way to buy a DVD for it or put a DVD in to play it. It's great for that sense of casually booting up.

Also the fact that disc games basically have nothing in the box anymore is helping me to go digital. I mean I'll never go 100%,but it's nice for games I know I'll play a whole bunch.

Prohass on
  • Options
    Wait you live in Sydney? So do I! I thought you were in Adelaide for some reason.

Either way, the game is available on Xbone at EB games in town and pretty much everywhere else I've been.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I live in Sydney and have unlimited downloads, quite solid connection too with TPG for 50 bucks a month (not including line rental), so im one of the few that doesn't even notice the big updates and downloads since they happen while my xbox is off. I very rarely sell games, unless I absolutely hate them. Either way I'm planning on buying things I won't play often or I can find really cheap physical,but stuff where I'm going to be booting it up a lot, or want to easily access it quickly, I'm going digital for.

I find myself playing my digital games more than physical ones, not because it's that big of a deal to put a disc in, but when I'm bored and don't know what to play, it's so much easier to start a digital game. It's like if there's a movie I like on tv, I'll watch it, even though I wouldn't go out of my way to buy a DVD for it or put a DVD in to play it. It's great for that sense of casually booting up.

Also the fact that disc games basically have nothing in the box anymore is helping me to go digital. I mean I'll never go 100%,but it's nice for games I know I'll play a whole bunch.

Yeah, I miss the old days of manuals and whatnot. Since I get my stuff from Amazon now, I also get the fun multilingual covers. But I do collect editions and things with the little artbooks, which I like to but rarely look at. :P

Bought a copy of Velvet Assassin new a few days ago and the back of it is the manual not sure what to think about that one. Physical purchases mean I can shelve a product indefinitely though. Vs downloading it and then deleting it and going through the hassle of installing it again with my pure digital purchases.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    This guy on GAF keeps leaking stuff like a sieve

Titanfall LE Xbone apparently sitting on skids in SE Asia waiting to be sent out

March 2016 a game from Platinum

Im getting all kind of skeptical but he was vetted by the one mod I do trust.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Platinum is making an Xbox game?

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    a quick BF4 clip
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfBvjMxSSe8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

seems weird to me they haven't announced the titanfall LE console of it does exist. why announce a controller and no console?

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    This guy on GAF keeps leaking stuff like a sieve

Titanfall LE Xbone apparently sitting on skids in SE Asia waiting to be sent out

March 2016 a game from Platinum

Im getting all kind of skeptical but he was vetted by the one mod I do trust.

WHAT!??!?!? Tell me more.

EDIT just googled it and the mock up is ok, think I like the standard look better. Curious if there's anything else special about it/price if it is real. I'm probably still getting mine this weekend.

Speaking of which, if you compared ryse to a game what would you compare it to? I think I'm just going to get Forza, DR3, and BF4 if the upgrade is still only $10 from the 360 version.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    Ryse needs a demo, it can't turn any more people off it than reviews did, and most people would probably buy it if they got a chance to play it and realised it wasn't actually the worst game evaaaaar. I don't really know what game I would compare it too, it's a linear hack and slash, I loved it because it was rome and pretty and stabbing people, I felt it was competent and deep enough to keep me involved at the higher difficulty levels, but if you're looking for bayonetta or devil may cry it ain't it. But I have pretty bad taste when it comes to games, so grain of salt and all that.

Also don't listen to people who say the game is on autopilot. Executions have QTE involved yes, but purely for bonuses, the actual combat itself is usual blocking and attacking, heavy and light attacks, dodge, combos, etc, which if you stuff up you will die. It really depends on what you feel like playing, if you like Rome and Romey stuff and hacking and slashing, it has that. It isn't long but it's not short, story isn't fantastic but isn't terrible. In my opinion the game should get a sequel, there's a lot good about it. But it's not going to shatter your world and shift any paradigms.

On another note, I bit the bullet and did some switcheroo shenanigans to get paypal available on the US side of my account (I'm Australian). This is not illegal and not ban-able in any way, so I'm not too concerned about the fuzz. I got sick of waiting for tomb raider digital, given the street date of tomorrow has been broken everywhere. I also might purchase Call of Duty now, since it's 100 damn dollars on the aus store, and only 60 on the US, you're saving 30 aus (works out at about 68 aus dollars).

If the black helicopters come for me remember me as I was, a pink elite.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    So Strider comes out in about a month

I honestly forgot that it was a Q1 game

Jeff Gerstmann talks about it on this week's Bombcast and his impressions were very positive, I have high hopes

Between Killer Instinct and apparently Strider, it looks like Double Helix have really turned themselves around as a studio

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I still want to play Ryse, but I bought Forza and AC4 for full price. I still feel like I could put 100 more hours into each of those games.

I might just end up playing Ryse once it's offered in a $30 price tag or if MS ends up giving it away.

Seriously, though, I'll start up the Xbox, planning to race once or catch up with my fleet (whichever disc is already in) and end up playing a game for 4 hours before I put in the game I wanted to play when I turned on the console in the first place.

• Options
    KizKiz Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It could be taken with a grain of salt, but for my Australian buddies out there, Kotaku has posted an article expressing concerns that Titanfall may not have servers in Australia at launch. There are currently no Azure data centres in Australia. There are two planned (for Melb and Sydney), but they won't be there for the release of Titanfall.

I really hope that we don't get stooged on this. Having >100ms ping in an FPS due to a relay to Singapore would be really disappointing.

PSN: Kiz-ziK | Gamertag: KizziK | Steam: Kizzik
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Kiz wrote: »
    It could be taken with a grain of salt, but for my Australian buddies out there, Kotaku has posted an article expressing concerns that Titanfall may not have servers in Australia at launch.

I pointed this out last year during the DRM and similar debates actually, but I am reasonably sure they will just have a bunch of dedicated servers in the NZ/Aus region until they have Azure running here (sometime late 2014). Unless they want the game to be unplayable.

Edit: I also just realized that really sharp smart programming could fix the issue. If it ping matches and everyone has the same ping (~100ms) then that keeps it perfectly even, even if playing with a ping greater than <50ms or so isn't good for an action heavy twitch shooter. But it shouldn't be as huge a problem. It's one if it decides to throw people from Aus/NZ into American servers like MW2 did.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Guess I may as well report this too.

Another person @Thuway on Twitter whom has also been reliable in the past is saying that the Titanfall alpha textures are indeed final and not the "25%" that was stated also the game will ship with 16 maps. Also apparently the Bluepoint developed 360 version is quite nice looking and not as far off from the Xbone version one would think.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Oh shit, Bluepoint is doing the 360 version?

Bluepoint kick ass

They're the ones that did the ports of MGS2 and 3 and God of War Collection to PS3

They are really good at making technologically limited games look prettier

• Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    Digital Games make sense for multiplayer, like i want Titanfall Digital or BF4 if i was playing, it was great owning L4D2 digital, because id have friends popping online while i was watching a movie and i could jump straight in. Being able to watch a movie or youtube, my friend come in, and me say "xbox go to Titanfall" and be right there with my buddy without leaving the couch is a great feeling.... id imagine.

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    Guess I may as well report this too.

Another person @Thuway on Twitter whom has also been reliable in the past is saying that the Titanfall alpha textures are indeed final and not the "25%" that was stated also the game will ship with 16 maps. Also apparently the Bluepoint developed 360 version is quite nice looking and not as far off from the Xbone version one would think.

why would they lie? It would be a PR nightmare, they'd have been better off saying nothing.

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Options
    yeah I can see no benefit in flatout lying to their customers

• Options
    ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    seems weird to me they haven't announced the titanfall LE console of it does exist. why announce a controller and no console?

I'm guessing the last thing they want is people waiting to buy a Xbox console. If they announced that there would be one (and of course their would), I might have considered waiting before buying Day One Edition.

XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Soooooo... part of the massive rumor dump also includes a major March update that rolls achievements, avatars, friends and parties into a single location... along with a massive overhaul of how parties work. They also plan on making the various social features more accessible.

Neat.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2014
    And just to stick a pin in the silly rumor about the alpha textures:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Titanfall-Won-t-Feature-Low-Res-Alpha-Textures-Respawn-Confirms-422226.shtml

The lesson? CBOAT pulls a lot of stuff out of his ass.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I think he just reposts anything said more than once and hopes it's correct. I don't doubt he's right about somethings but that Titanfall rumor is just hogwash, as anyone who actually played the alpha will tell you.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    The 25% thing wasn't cboat,

• Options
    Allforce wrote: »
    The 25% thing wasn't cboat,
    Yes it was.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=760088&highlight=

Some are speculating he was fed bad info in order to out him. We will see.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    gotta love the long string of people blindly believing whatever he says

• Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    It's also worth mentioning that a single person in the company (unless it's someone like Phil Spencer or Larry Hyrb) is unlikely to know so much about so many different things. I've spoken to devs and even PR people working for much smaller studios who couldn't give exact answers or had to go ask other people things because there's really no reason for them to know some of this stuff.

I'm very sceptical of any of this and most of what CBOAT says - as others have said it's either predictable possibilities that could easily change in the future (Crackdown 3 in 2016, who's going to hold him to that in two years' time?) or wild guesses. At least one of the things is flat-out wrong though - I've played three different builds of Titanfall at public and press events and the alpha has by far the lowest resolution textures. Unless for some reason they've decided to uglify the game when it was running fine before of course.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Assuming he actually works for Microsoft, CBOAT posting insider information using that nonsense "LOL SO I DON'T GET TRACKED" broken english is so funny to me. Like he thinks he's some sort or war time journalist bringing important news to the people who deserve to know the truth about the plans of the companies making their video games.

A regular neckbeard Edward Snowden.

• Options
    Really I mean how many people would love to work at a place like that, he has some peoples dream job, and hes wasting it by betraying the trust of the people he works with, for no other reason than internetz yay. I can understand gamers being ravenous crazy news hounds desperate for any info, but a person who works in the company, its eugh.

This discussion has been closed.