Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Tales of] Your Mom - Best Dog Is Back

1444546474850»

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    i did a thing this weekend
    got a Tales game running on almost all my gaming machines
    phantasia on the GBA, Innocence on the DSLite (there's Tempest too), Abyss on the 3DS, Destiny on the PSP, Hearts R on the Vita, Vesperia on the Switch.

I also got Vesperia again on 360, Symphonia, Zestiria and Berseria on the PC and Xilia, Graces F on PS3
    the only systems missing Tales games (for me) are wii, wiiu and PS4.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    TDawg
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited February 11
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    TDawg wrote: »
    Hearing people complain about going back to Vesperia after Berseria is very exciting, because I haven't played Berseria yet but I am hoping to sometime this year and I am getting amazingly hyped. Better than Vesperia???!

I think whichever game you played first factors into it a bit. Maybe if I'd played Vesperia first, I'd have those fond memories tied to it or something, I dunno. Berseria, IMO, is just so damn good. Interesting story and characters, and a fast/fluid combat system that's flashy and satisfyingly fun to play around with.

I dropped Vesperia after a couple hours because the characters weren't doing anything for me, the story felt non-existent, and the combat was beyond clunky and boring. Also the English VA is atrocious, which is odd because I think I heard Troy Baker in there? He's not usually so awful, but I guess Yuri was one of his earlier roles? (was he even Yuri?)

OK, so, Troy Baker was indeed Yuri and I believe it was one of his earlier roles when he wasn't famous and expensive. Also, when Vesperia was first released, not everything was voiced.

Fast forward to now, and the Vesperia re-release is going to be fully voiced. But Troy Baker is a lot more expensive now. So all the new Yuri lines are voiced by Grant George doing a Troy Baker impression.

I ended up buying a physical copy of ToV (for Xbox) substantially discounted the week before Kingdom Hearts 3 released, because that definitely made sense.

I haven't played it since KH3 accordingly, but did get an hour or two in (basically up to Yuri's detainment). I actually played the demo on Xbox 360 as well as the full game, finding them both hard as nails--so if I've learned one thing (besides buying lots of Magic Lenses), it was setting it on easy. Aside from the challenge, there doesn't seem to be a single reason to play it on any particular difficulty mode, and I struggled with the game on normal last time around.

Plus, I doubt I'll be able to find someone willing to play it with me. What local multiplayer I have left is monopolized by fighting games.

EDIT: I do really like the 60 FPS framerate and higher resolution, neither of which were true on Xbox 360 or PS3, I think.

Synthesis on
    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Playing Vesperia on normal and above rewards GRADE from battles, which is used for New Game+.

But you can also just farm it really easily later.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Playing Vesperia on normal and above rewards GRADE from battles, which is used for New Game+.

Blah blah blah tidal wave for a couple hours basically. Depending on what you want in NG+.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

Huh--come to think of it, I thought something was missing from the battles.

On the other hand, I'm so terrible at the game I'm probably really going to need that easy. And unless I'm mistaken, I can change difficulty under settings.

Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

Huh--come to think of it, I thought something was missing from the battles.

On the other hand, I'm so terrible at the game I'm probably really going to need that easy. And unless I'm mistaken, I can change difficulty under settings.

You can. I took it down to easy for various boss battles in the late game because I couldn't be arsed.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    i did a thing this weekend
    got a Tales game running on almost all my gaming machines
    phantasia on the GBA, Innocence on the DSLite (there's Tempest too), Abyss on the 3DS, Destiny on the PSP, Hearts R on the Vita, Vesperia on the Switch.

I also got Vesperia again on 360, Symphonia, Zestiria and Berseria on the PC and Xilia, Graces F on PS3
    the only systems missing Tales games (for me) are wii, wiiu and PS4.

Now import Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon for the GBC!

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    TDawg