As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Tales of] Your Mom - Best Dog Is Back

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Well, I would like to see you save the world / risk your life with only 5 years of real world experience.

I still think he was a very well handled character. Just because he was a annoying doesn't mean he was a bad character, I consider him written well. I enjoyed the "experience" of watching him grow.

Might be a little biased, my son is named Luke -_-

An awful character doesn't mean a poorly handled.

It doesn't matter how accurate or how well done a child trapped in a teenager is done, I don't want to see it.

Even if a character is well written and very accurate if it's a person you find grating you may not enjoy having them star in the game you're playing.

I did not find him grating and found him endearing. Different opinions.

Of course, if you have a hard time dealing with liking a child that acts like a child, never have kids :D

I still don't think he was an awful character. In fact, I thought it was pretty common to think jerk Luke was more annoying. But both of his extreme personalities were necessary to drive that story. It would have been a much less memorable plot if Luke was generic "agreeable" main character #127

Oh yea the you was a royal you not you in particular. Just explaining that part.

And yea trust me I'm already in the "no kids camp" I'm almost 30 and not once in my life have I thought that I wanted a kid.

ALSO!

Holy shit Eizen is even more fun to play than I thought he would be. Just bombarding the field with fireballs from his break soul constantly and stunning everything.

Plus setting up his artes has actually been really fun. He has some that pullenemies together, some that push them back and some that make him jump back already and even a blink (only level 15) so finding the best ways to chain those all together is quite interesting.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    PSA about Expeditions

You will not be able to exhaust all the Special treasures before the next route opens up, because some require certain levels. So when you open a new route, go ahead and either return to the area prior to the one you're in to see if you can nab whatever's left or move on to the new area and return later. Don't squat on one island until it's done giving you everything, that'll just take forever.

For example, there is a treasure in Route 1 that requires Level 3. You open the path to Route 2 at Level 2. Rather than stick around Route 1 with its minor EXP, move to Route 2 until Level 3 and THEN go back to Route 1 to clean up.

Madican on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I like the callbacks in this. Especially the references to Symphonia/Phantasia.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    So how are the production values on Berseria?

Something that's frustrated me with the most recent games is how bland and repetitive the environments were, as well as how uninspired and half-assed the dungeons were. Voice acting, character and enemy design has remained solid, but otherwise games like Xillia and Zestiria seem very visibly made on a budget. The rest of Xillia was good enough to salvage it for me, but not Zesteria. This ongoing trend made me wary of picking up future Tales games.

If I didn't hear so much praise here I would've dismissed Berseria altogether.

I would say definately better than Xillia and Zestiria from what ive seen so far. I love the new way the skits are done for example. the environments feel much better as well.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    I have a new Lloyd doll that I wanted to put on Velvet's shoulder but it doesn't move down that far, so it's just riding on her head.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Damn, spoofing controllers and setting ai partymembers to auto changed everything. It turns out that when your partymembers actually do stuff things die a loooot faster. And you can get decent combos going as well.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm waiting to see if they release a patch today or tomorrow first...

I may just connect an extra controller or two normally though.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Is that a thing?

My party is already murdering stuff pretty fast I'd barely get to participate if they killed things moreso.

Is it just a for some people thing?

I thought much of the game being easier was due to the AI being better and more efficient?

Because I know my velvet and Rokuro spam their Break Souls and in turn Mystic Artes like crazy in fight murdering everything.

• Options
    Figured out the enhancement system, at least to Level 3. Interesting, it's pretty simple once you've got a grip on the basics. I know it's going to start throwing curve balls though and it goes higher than +3.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Figured out the enhancement system, at least to Level 3. Interesting, it's pretty simple once you've got a grip on the basics. I know it's going to start throwing curve balls though and it goes higher than +3.

Good note that as far as materials are concerned always upgrade a piece to +1 before breaking it down. You will get back the material you spent but with some bonus extra ones. I do that with my garbage gear until I have enough to upgrade everything my dudes are wearing then sell any remaining pieces of gear after that.

• Options
    Is that a thing?

My party is already murdering stuff pretty fast I'd barely get to participate if they killed things moreso.

Is it just a for some people thing?

I thought much of the game being easier was due to the AI being better and more efficient?

Because I know my velvet and Rokuro spam their Break Souls and in turn Mystic Artes like crazy in fight murdering everything.

It's a PC thing, so if you are playing on console they will do stuff normally.

• Options
    So just to clarify about enhancement. Once i master an item, say for instance 'sturdy belt' on a character, I should be buying all the sturdy belts, upgrading them to +1 and then dismantleing them because it 1) Gives back more than enhancing, and 2) because it gives a chance to spawn other things?

• Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    So just to clarify about enhancement. Once i master an item, say for instance 'sturdy belt' on a character, I should be buying all the sturdy belts, upgrading them to +1 and then dismantleing them because it 1) Gives back more than enhancing, and 2) because it gives a chance to spawn other things?

No.

You can only master the one ability.

You can also switch out your master belt that has 50/100 points of mastery for a sturdy belt with better random abilities and you will still have 50/100. The points are per skill not per item.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    I have a new Lloyd doll that I wanted to put on Velvet's shoulder but it doesn't move down that far, so it's just riding on her head.

Use the first drop-down box to put him on the shoulder instead of the head. Then you can use the second drop-down for more precise placement. :)

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I like the callbacks in this. Especially the references to Symphonia/Phantasia.

There was a great one mentioning
    Dhaos

PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    When you win a giant blue Normin costume for Velvet, put the costume and the headgear on her literally making her a giant blue normin that squeaks with each step...

.... Then end up activating a super dramatic for serious cutscene, in that costume.

• Options
    So i cheated my way to complete the Exploration mini-quest thing as soon as it unlocked last night. Since i got no equipment rewards, at this point is it simply a money maker or does it have ties to any story based questline? I'm at level 23, is there a point to grinding my level further? every island has completed its list of items you can acquire, but i dont have all the skills.

• Options
    So i cheated my way to complete the Exploration mini-quest thing as soon as it unlocked last night. Since i got no equipment rewards, at this point is it simply a money maker or does it have ties to any story based questline? I'm at level 23, is there a point to grinding my level further? every island has completed its list of items you can acquire, but i dont have all the skills.

The skills require certain characters.

The rewards are just food/money items/attachments/outfits.
    Viskod wrote: »
    When you win a giant blue Normin costume for Velvet, put the costume and the headgear on her literally making her a giant blue normin that squeaks with each step...

.... Then end up activating a super dramatic for serious cutscene, in that costume.

Yea I was showing my GF the outfits last night and when I got to that one I was

early game 15 hours maybe very minor spoiler
    carrying laphicet

So the big blue Normin looked like such a creeper and it was great. We got some good laughs out of the dead expression while holding a person and creepy walk.

But I did return to regular outfit before proceeding to any cutscenes.

• Options
    So, anyone got some good combos to share for velvet, or whatever your fav character is to play?

• Options
    glimmungglimmung Registered User regular
    So, anyone got some good combos to share for velvet, or whatever your fav character is to play?

I basically make new combos for every zone. One button for each enemy type.

• Options

I use Eizen.

I keep O X and [] set up each with an element but all martial artes. Magic is for suckers. I use the 1.2x martial arte title.

Then I have flash step set to all spots on triangle so that I can drop it in to any combo when I need to close distance.

• Options
    I just plain suck at dodging, just tend to maneuver instead. Think I might try to remap the controls a bit.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    I might try using Eizen because Velvet and her breakdancing seems to miss a whole lot. Though it's fun when I get down to 1 HP in Therion mode, dive into a group of enemies, and massacre them all to regain full health. But chasing down individual tiny enemies like pixies or the goddamn axe birds is annoying.

Madican on
  • Options
    I might try using Eizen because Velvet and her breakdancing seems to miss a whole lot. Though it's fun when I get down to 1 HP in Therion mode, dive into a group of enemies, and massacre them all to regain full health. But chasing down individual tiny enemies like pixies or the goddamn axe birds is annoying.

Searing Edge is so nice for closing mid combo. Step forward shoot fireball. Really nice when I just blew them away.

And yes, I need to rework my combo trees to breakdance less. Even if it does look awesome.

• Options

Eizen has been an absolute joy to play as and his combos seem to flow very well.

Plus he can set up combos that start fast when you don't have time for wind-ups or be a slow smashy hulk when you need it.

And the Flash Step is great for when tiny enemies get tossed away from your combo.

• Options

Eizen has been an absolute joy to play as and his combos seem to flow very well.

Plus he can set up combos that start fast when you don't have time for wind-ups or be a slow smashy hulk when you need it.

And the Flash Step is great for when tiny enemies get tossed away from your combo.

His break soul is disappointing though that it can't be dropped whenever.

• Options

His Break Soul is amazing. It needs some sort of limitation because as is I drop it 2-3 times per every normal random encounter. Way more uses in longer fights.

He's amazing at knockdowns and stuns. And it doesn't even need to be his knock down or stun to trigger it on so the opportunities are endless.

• Options

His Break Soul is amazing. It needs some sort of limitation because as is I drop it 2-3 times per every normal random encounter. Way more uses in longer fights.

He's amazing at knockdowns and stuns. And it doesn't even need to be his knock down or stun to trigger it on so the opportunities are endless.
    I take it you're not on PC.

• Options
    edited February 2017

Most certainly not.

I guess that party member issue is the problem on PC?

The plugging in controllers trick supposedly gets them acting properly.

But yea, on console when the game is working as intended the requirement for his break soul makes PERFECT sense.

Granted he also gets knockdowns or stuns more often than not by himself anyway.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

Most certainly not.

I guess that party member issue is the problem on PC?

The plugging in controllers trick supposedly gets the acting properly.

But yea, on console when the game is working as intended the requirement for his break soul makes PERFECT sense.

Granted he also gets knockdowns or stuns more often than not by himself anyway.

I've been playing on PC and just got my second party member. Ran into the bug and loaded up VJoystick which took maybe a minute to "configure" to show 3 extra controllers. Can confirm that it fixed the bug for me, so that's another method I'd try.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    What is this bug?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    What is this bug?

Party AI is broken in the PC version. Basically they don't chain combos so they'll hit once then stop for a bit. Repeat, etc. Setting them to Auto but with a "controller" attached to them (as in playing multiplayer) fixes it.

• Options
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    What is this bug?

Party AI is broken in the PC version. Basically they don't chain combos so they'll hit once then stop for a bit. Repeat, etc. Setting them to Auto but with a "controller" attached to them (as in playing multiplayer) fixes it.

Or sometimes they'll run away all the time.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Oh my lord, that would be annoying... glad there's a fix!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Yeah I did the controller trick last night.

It was kinda hilarious how much easier everything got.

• Options
    Yeah, it makes a world of difference when your teammates can actually do damage and keep combos going.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Mine are starting to break out level 2 Mystic Arts.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Its honestly surprising how much more competent the AI is in this one after Zesteria.

That said if they were to do a Zesteria f down the line, I'd probably buy it.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Word's going out that Bamco just put out an update for the PC version... which doesn't fix the AI issues and breaks the current VJoy fixes?

Oh, but it did patch some holes in the DRM.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ianator wrote: »
    Word's going out that Bamco just put out an update for the PC version... which doesn't fix the AI issues and breaks the current VJoy fixes?

Oh, but it did patch some holes in the DRM.

Yep, it completely broke the game for me. Instant crash when trying to get it started now.