As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MTG] Pack Rat Fever (BOTG Sealed League, see pg 20)

• SwillSwill Registered User regular
    Yes

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    cool cool cool

now to never make a deck that does that

2x39jD4.jpg
  • SwillSwill Registered User regular
    Yeah the interaction isn't strong enough to build around

Kwoaru
    it would be super fun to do once but yeah

2x39jD4.jpg
  • ScisScis Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Just got back from my second prerelease this weekend. Went 4-1 with the jankiest U/G deck I've ever seen.

Highlight of the day is probably swinging with my Aqueous Form'd Daring Thief and seeing Scourge of Fleets on top with the scry, then next turn trading my Pin to the Ground'd Shipbreaker Kraken for my opponents Nessian Asp with the Thief before Scourging his board and getting the Kraken back.

Scis on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2014
    breigokingofeternity.jpg
    Hm... Is this an instant combo with Aurelia?

It's in instant combo with any sweeper you have in your hand.

EDIT - Oh, nevermind, I thought that said "at end of turn"

A duck! on
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    it does the thing with aurelia but so do a lot of things

he might make a funny commander though

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    I went 3-3 in a 6 round pre-release today. I have never played that much magic at once but it was a lot of fun. I picked blue, got keranos and tried to make a R/U deck but it was too awful. I had also pulled a godsend, sylvan caryatid and silent avenger so I went G/W for the remaining 5 rounds and did alright. Godsend though was nuts, if I got it I wouldnt lose the game.

hLeTR.png
    The Betgirl
    I didnt do any prereleases this weekend so I dont have any sweet war stories sadly

best friend's wedding was yesterday and i think id rather support my local shop by buying 6 packs of JOU that I actually want or mana confluences I need vs theros packs that ive seen quite enough of in my kit

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I can't compain about my prerelease pool

deck:
    Creatures:
    Tormented Hero
    Pharika's Chosen x2
    Nyxborn Shieldmate

Oreskos Swiftclaw
    Leonin Snarecaster
    Sightless Brawler
    Stonewise Fortifier
    Aegis of the Gods

Eagle of the Watch
    Wingsteed Rider
    Brimaz, King of Oreskos

Insatiable Harpy
    Dawnbringer Charioteers

Ornitharch
    Supply-Line Cranes

Spells:
    Ajani's Presence
    Pharika's Cure
    Bile Blight
    Deicide
    Feast of Dreams
    Armament of Nyx
    Asphyxiate

Plains x10
    Swamp x7

Only went 2-2, but put up a good fight for both losses. The other rares I pulled were pretty junky, but again I can't complain about the value.

KalTorak on
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    After 4-0ing the friday event me and a friend got 3rd in 2-headed Giant today. I wouldn't normally care so much but I have been on a hell of a losing streak and have been making a lot of effort in improving my diet and focus.

Quire.jpg
    KalTorakThe Betgirl
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Really want to make something dumb along these lines.

4 Pack Rat
    4 Master of Feasts
    4 Notion Thief
    4 Desecration Demon
    4 Fate Unraveler
    4 Dictate of Kruphix
    2 Ashiok

Kelor on
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Fleecemane Lion has to be one of my favorite rares from this block.

Oghulk
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I think I'm gonna build an RG aggro deck. Slam down some Prophetic Flamespeaker, rush him with Ghor-Clan Rampagers (i really just need an excuse to use my promos)

EDIT: Reminder that starting this week, the FNM promo is 168.jpg

And for playing in an event this weekend, you will also receive 26.jpg

The Betgirl on
    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    I pulled a useless (to me) Prophetic Flamespeaker at the prerelease, now I'm using it to finally get a Sublime Archangel from one of my friends

Because I want to be called even worse names when I play my Avacyn EDH deck

I don't think flamespeaker is all that good, at least right now

7yh4xczljsym.png
    What makes you say that?

Ghor clan and madcap are the only spells worth using on him and his ability is only good vs control but I'd rather Phoenix there anyway, or even just Chandra

Long story short rdw is shit right now for many reasons and "because they didn't have flamespeaker" is not one of them

7yh4xczljsym.png
    Fair 'nuff

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I never liked using my phone for that anyway, doesn't give you a timeline for the game.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    KalTorakThe Betgirl
    mtg familiar for android displays the last 5 operations by default, and groups a series of quick presses together as one action (so -5 then +1 would be listed as -4)

of course I get around this whole thing by never doing competitive events

2x39jD4.jpg
  • tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    I've used spindowns since I started, I should probably start using a notepad though

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Anything not paper is the devil. Being able to track the game's history is really useful, especially if life totals get out of sync.

The BetgirlAdvocate
    it always drove me insane when people used their phone, or that occasional guy who would bust out a fucking tablet or whatever

like knock it off, that guy

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    it always drove me insane when people used their phone, or that occasional guy who would bust out a fucking tablet or whatever

like knock it off, that guy

Man, you never want to be that guy.

ive seen people do it at big events before

get your big honking ipad off the table, people are trying to play

7yh4xczljsym.png
    I definitely always use a note pad, especially since i can take them from my work and never worry about it

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »
    Anything not paper is the devil. Being able to track the game's history is really useful, especially if life totals get out of sync.

Permanent marker, and your arm,

Go hard or go home

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    DaebunzSedraxisWuShockdrp527
    edited April 2014
    The Betman wrote: »
    I definitely always use a note pad, especially since i can take them from my work and never worry about it

normally I just use dice but I have a small notepad for when playing monoB since I have thoughtseize info to also write down

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
    I've only started writing down thoughtseize stuff because a) I'm dumb b) i'm forgetful

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I've only started writing down thoughtseize stuff because a) I'm dumb b) i'm forgetful

this is me with the addition of c) forget to look at paper

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I agree that pad=Paper is more accurate...

...but I'll be damned if I'm not using my duelist abacuses.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Also I have NEVER in all my years of magic seen people flip cards at the end of "turns" to determine who wins.

I've seen people do it to complain about how "they would have won in just one more turn!, no really, look, ok sure you had a..but..no..I had a ...and then this bolt.." but it never determined the actual outcome.

Elbasunu on
    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Also I have NEVER in all my years of magic seen people flip cards at the end of "turns" to determine who wins.

I've seen people do it to complain about how "they would have won in just one more turn!, no really, look, ok sure you had a..but..no..I had a ...and then this bolt.." but it never determined the actual outcome.
    haha what why would anybody do this how would that even work

I almost always look at what the next few card would have been after I scoop/get whupped but that's always just for funsies

2x39jD4.jpg
    Anon the FelonElbasunuWiseManTobesdrp527

Well for the game I was playing it was literally 'draw gary or lose the game' so i just flipped the top card of my deck over on that one

• APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »

Who was that guy at the PT BNG who used an iPhone to track his floating mana for his Storm deck?

He's gonna be sad

Well for the game I was playing it was literally 'draw gary or lose the game' so i just flipped the top card of my deck over on that one

Yeah but that was at the start of your turn right? And it was literally do draw or die so there was no downside

What Elbasunu is describing sounds bizarre and I've never heard of it

2x39jD4.jpg
    The Betgirl
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    So, I occasionally read the MTGSalvation forums as they seem to be the largest strictly Magic-focused forums out there (outside of the wasteland that is the official ones). Theres a lot of good stuff on there, but MAN they act like silly geese sometimes.

Like in reaction to the judge ruling above.

There is a MASSIVE amount of whining. People are, in completely seriousness, arguing that this ruling is terrible because it'll ban pacemakers and hearing aids. Other people are throwing tantrums because "what if I dont want to bring paper to events?"

Dear Heliod, grow up people

KalTorakdrp527
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The MTGSalvation forums have a lot of good content, especially if you're looking for guides and discussion about established decks (even if they aren't tier one) but it is definitely as Forum as Forum gets.

This discussion has been closed.