As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] music

19495969798100»

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    the word for glove is handschuh which makes perfect sense how could anyone dislike german

also german spoken by native speakers isn't a harsh language (or at least, isn't harsh in the way its played up in stereotypes) hth ttfn

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Yep
    older english curses were mostly blasphemy based, I think?

god's eyes! and things like that

ZOUNDS!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Nope
    kedinik wrote: »
    So Atomika, I read your Smaug review.

The colors seemed good to me!

I thought it was, visually, pretty great.

It's a known issue that the new RED cameras have issues with saturation, and therefore make the makeup teams compensate with unrealistic palettes. This causes some weirdness, but the interesting thing is that when I watched the Extended Edition of An Unexpected Journey, they seemed to have gone back and re-timed the whole thing, making it look much better. This isn't the first time Jackson and WETA have had color-timing issues, as it was problematic throughout the various LOTR releases.

Visually, Desolation of Smaug was great except when it wasn't. It used a lot of notable greenscreen in places where Jackson simply didn't do that while shooting LOTR. The all-CG orcs stood out from the practical ones, and the final battle between Gandalf and the Necromancer looked . . . off.

Narratively, that movie is a nightmare.

Thanks for reading!

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Yep
    my conservative leaning email group is hotly debating same sex marriage vs traditional marriage and man

dunno if I wanna wade into this one or not

yes

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    my conservative leaning email group is hotly debating same sex marriage vs traditional marriage and man

dunno if I wanna wade into this one or not

:|

What's to debate?

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Yep

Zounds! comes from trying to make "Christ's wounds" not get you into trouble at church.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    the word for glove is handschuh which makes perfect sense how could anyone dislike german

also german spoken by native speakers isn't a harsh language (or at least, isn't harsh in the way its played up in stereotypes) hth ttfn

german spoken in a very serious, low, tone, fast and humorless, comes off as far far more threatening

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Nope
    Chanus wrote: »

ZOUNDS!

by jove

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Yep
    other team picked darius top
    there is no god

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    @Chanus will create the new thread
    @desc is backup

This discussion has been closed.