Options

[Rick and Morty] and Mr. Poopy Butthole

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I'm real glad you made this thread, Hex. It's a really good show, Hex. I think we're going to have a lot of *bwuuup* a lot of fun discussing this show, Hex.

hopefully adult swim produces content at a fairly reasonable rate. I love venture bros to death but the time between seasons is to long

The long timeframes on VB have to do with the guys who actually make the show. They put a ton of time in because they want it to be perfect.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    So.

Just to be clear.
    The pilot is about an old man sneaking his grandson off to have "adventures", that end with the old man putting seeds up the grandson's butt, and then lying to his parents about it.

Why, yes. I do believe this show has potential.

"Then we're gonna go on even more adventures! And you're gonna keep your mouth shut about 'em, Morty! Because this world is filled with idiots who don't understand, and they'll tear us apart!"

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    So.

Just to be clear.
    The pilot is about an old man sneaking his grandson off to have "adventures", that end with the old man putting seeds up the grandson's butt, and then lying to his parents about it.

Why, yes. I do believe this show has potential.

"Then we're gonna go on even more adventures! And you're gonna keep your mouth shut about 'em, Morty! Because this world is filled with idiots who don't understand, and they'll tear us apart!"

"Rick and morty a thousand times Rick and morty forever and ever Rick and Morty forever Rick and Morty 100 times Rick and Morty. Rick and Rick w w w dot Rick and Morty adventure dot com all the time!"

(heh, I just rewatched it, he says the name of the show a dozen times at the end. This is how you get people to not forget the name of the show you're piloting.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    they also mention the web site which you should visit, and play the hell out of their adventure game.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Someone ruined it for me by calling it Rick and Lemongrab

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Technically it's Lemongrab and Lemongrab.

hmmmm... acceptable.

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Rick and Morty picked up for season 2.

Rick and morty 100 years.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »

We'll only be able to use this particular plot device like four times, tops.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Rick And Morty has emerged as a breakaway ratings success out of the gate. It’s a big hit for both Cartoon Network and in its time slot with males under 35, with the most recent episode outdrawing Archer in the same demo (1.5 to Archer's 1.4), and even besting some of NBC’s comedy lineup—including Community. It's also done well with all adult viewers under 50, topping both NBC's Sean Saves The World and The Michael J. Fox Show. Four episodes into its first season, Rick And Morty is probably already assured a renewal with those numbers—something that hasn’t been a given for a Dan Harmon show for a long while.

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Rick And Morty has emerged as a breakaway ratings success out of the gate. It’s a big hit for both Cartoon Network and in its time slot with males under 35, with the most recent episode outdrawing Archer in the same demo (1.5 to Archer's 1.4), and even besting some of NBC’s comedy lineup—including Community. It's also done well with all adult viewers under 50, topping both NBC's Sean Saves The World and The Michael J. Fox Show. Four episodes into its first season, Rick And Morty is probably already assured a renewal with those numbers—something that hasn’t been a given for a Dan Harmon show for a long while.

Cartoon Network going H.A.M.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    This show is already rife with terrific one-liners, but I think one of my all-time favorites has to be in the Christmas episode where Rick's hobo experiment buddy mutters "Pearl Harbor" out of the blue.

Just cracked up instantly over that.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Noticed this line while re-watching it:
    "I don't know how many time I have to say this, if you have the flu, stay home. This dance is about awareness not celebration, you don't bring dead babies to passover..."

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Rick and Morty season 2 might actually have a quick turn around compared to Venture Bros due to the animation quality. Venture Bros is stylized and hard edged to give it that pulp comic look.

Rick and Morty are definitely way above ATHF and Squidbillies animation budgets, but you can still see that they could produce the animation fast if they need to.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    frogurtfrogurt Registered User regular
    It's weird, the most I'd heard of this show until today was some vague project Dan Harmon was working on during season 4 of Community. Since seeing this thread, I've read like 5 mentions on reddit and elsewhere about how it's the greatest animated show since Archer. Have I just been missing all the chatter about Rick and Morty, or did something happen to ignite word of mouth recently?

I'm really looking forward to watching an episode or two of it tonight.

sig_cyoa-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    frogurt wrote: »
    It's weird, the most I'd heard of this show until today was some vague project Dan Harmon was working on during season 4 of Community. Since seeing this thread, I've read like 5 mentions on reddit and elsewhere about how it's the greatest animated show since Archer. Have I just been missing all the chatter about Rick and Morty, or did something happen to ignite word of mouth recently?

I'm really looking forward to watching an episode or two of it tonight.

It's only four episodes in, so mostly just a word-of-mouth critical mass.
    And it reached it real quick!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I kind of half watched the lawnmower dog episode during D&D and liked it, but didn't really give the show a watch until this week. Went back into the DVR and watched last week's episode and that got me hooked. Just lots of brilliant gags and very well crafted so far

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I'm real glad you made this thread, Hex. It's a really good show, Hex. I think we're going to have a lot of *bwuuup* a lot of fun discussing this show, Hex.

hopefully adult swim produces content at a fairly reasonable rate. I love venture bros to death but the time between seasons is to long

The long timeframes on VB have to do with the guys who actually make the show. They put a ton of time in because they procrastinate like mother fuckers.

I just marathoned the show tonight, episode 6 is heavy stuff. I am really liking the show, some of the lines just trip you right on your face.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »

The long timeframes on VB have to do with the guys who actually make the show. They put a ton of time in because they procrastinate like mother fuckers.

I just marathoned the show tonight, episode 6 is heavy stuff. I am really liking the show, some of the lines just trip you right on your face.

Puffy vagina

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    So that's what Rick said in that scene. I had to replay that scene a couple of times and I still couldn't make out what he said.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    Hand me the screwdriver Morty
    Sure think Rick

We're gonna give it
    One turnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    Two turnnnnnnnnnnnnnns

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

Nice. Do we know how many episodes season one is? Because there's been like 5 so far, and that seems like awfully quick second season confirmation. Good sign of the show's success.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    [
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Nice. Do we know how many episodes season one is? Because there's been like 5 so far, and that seems like awfully quick second season confirmation. Good sign of the show's success.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    "Forget the girl, she's probably nothin' but trouble anyways"

• Options
    God, the whole show is just eminently quotable, every scene. It's like Super Troopers that way.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I'm shocked that the censors actually let them get away with using the word "9 11" as a verb.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I'm shocked that the censors actually let them get away with using the word "9 11" as a verb.

Fuk da po-lice.

• Options

That's probably my favorite individual part of the series so far, but I'm honestly afraid to be the guy bringing it up.

Allah *burp* Ackbar

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    In the Lawnmower Dog episode
    the way the phrase "Allah *burrrp* Ackbar" stumbles out of Rick's lips followed by "We're gonna take control of this plane, we're gonna 9/11 it!"
    had me laughing out loud and covering my mouth in shock when I was first watching

I've probably seen each episode a couple times now and I'm still halfway through watching the episodes with my fiancee and none of the jokes have gotten old to me yet

Really surprised and delighted at this show so far

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    This show, man.
    For an absurdist comedy, that last act of #9 was steep.

I mean, Rick was right - he just wanted a damn screwdriver, and Morty whined and whined until he was given the rape sauce he wanted so badly. And... the look on his face, while Rick just meanders around as always and grabs a beverage.

It contextualizes exactly why Rick acts the way he does, and how a person could get to that state... and I empathized with that total monster.

The writer of this show is good.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Rick's great.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Pilot doesn't have an after credits thing?

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    I'll carry myself and you carry yourself... That seems fair... That seems like a fair way to divvy it up.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Pilot doesn't have an after credits thing?

Crap is after credits scene normal for the show? I only watched on ep 6.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Every episode save the first has had an after credits scene. They've been pretty funny, but episode 3's is gold.
    "So... those guys are inside me, building a theme park?"
    "Those guys are inside you building a piece of shit!"

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Every episode save the first has had an after credits scene. They've been pretty funny, but episode 3's is gold.
    "So... those guys are inside me, building a theme park?"
    "Those guys are inside you building a piece of shit!"

This was the first episode I saw, I watched it on my honeymoon. INSTANT hooked.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The dad had some fantastic lines this last episode.
    "I'm not dying until I catch my wife sleeping with someone else!"

"I'm Mr. Crowbar..and my friend here is also called crowbar"

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    The way the entire family just kind of rolls with it is probably one of my favorite features.

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    The dad had some fantastic lines this last episode.
    "I'm not dying until I catch my wife sleeping with someone else!"

"I'm Mr. Crowbar..and my friend here is also called crowbar"

That's stupid!

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Julius wrote: »
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    his daughter Beth, son-in-law Jerry, and granddaughter Summer (none of whom are voiced by Justin Roiland).

But the dad is voiced by Chris Parnell.

It's so weird to go from watching this to watching Archer a few hours later and hearing him as Cyril.

One can only hope this leads to a Rick and Morty cross-over with Archer like they did with Bobs Burgers and Jon Benjamin. Maybe an alternate universe where Jerry is replaced with Cyril. Bonus points if they keep Cyril in Archers art style so he looks completely out of place.

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Julius wrote: »
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    his daughter Beth, son-in-law Jerry, and granddaughter Summer (none of whom are voiced by Justin Roiland).

But the dad is voiced by Chris Parnell.

It's so weird to go from watching this to watching Archer a few hours later and hearing him as Cyril.

One can only hope this leads to a Rick and Morty cross-over with Archer like they did with Bobs Burgers and Jon Benjamin. Maybe an alternate universe where Jerry is replaced with Cyril. Bonus points if they keep Cyril in Archers art style so he looks completely out of place.

Dad: So my marriage is failing I'm feeling inadequate and I can't fix my gold game.
    Cyril: I work for private spy agency that is borderline incompetent, everyone hates me and I haven't gotten laid in years.
    Dad: How do you deal with it?
    Both: Liquor.
    *gulp gulp gulp gulp gulp*

This discussion has been closed.