As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Loadout: Literally rock out with your cock out.

12346»

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Really enjoying this game, but I have two main issues so far with this game.

1: The jumping animation is atrocious the way it is just this canned animation that for some idiotic reason ends with a sudden stop and drop that sometimes causes me to fall to my death from jumps that look doable and would be doable in any other FPS.
    2: Extraction is the worst game mode in any FPS ever. Why does anyone ever vote for it?

Those issues aside, the game is great fun.

Extraction got a lot better for me when I learned I could shoot the blutes on the ground and they blow up. Not only will this do huge damage to a carrier trying to pick it up (or blow up in their hands), but you can do this to volunteer to be carrier.... which can really help your team if they are low on health/fighting and you are in a clear spot. You can also throw the blute if you are a carrier, which you don't want to do most of the time, but it can be handy. The mode still has some problems, but I actually enjoy it now.

Also, you get used to the jumps. Note that if you jump immediately after a roll you get extra height, and if you sprint + jump off a ramp you get extra too.

Another important thing about blowing up the Blutonium crystals that you touched on: blowing up the crystals puts soft pressure on the enemy's collection routine. Since the crystals take a while to respawn (if you hustle, you'll notice the blute around the grinder getting thin after several captures), blowing them up early can seriously hamper their collection without having to do a single point of damage to a rival player.

anoffday wrote: »
    So if you have a juice gun shooting your teammates juices you up too? Is that how it works?

That's correct. The same principle applies to the healing gun as well. On the other hand, putting Healing or The Juice as your payload as a Launcher allows you to give the buff to yourself directly.

Radiation wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    So it turns out that Gatling Tesla Full-Auto Corkscrew Laser-Guided Pulse Turrets are hilariously awesome. They will shred people in seconds if they don't know what's coming/can't see it, since the projectiles home.

Wait....what is this now?

The Turret equipment (check the Tech Tree page) lets you deploy a turret with a copy of whatever gun you're holding. They're flimsy as hell, but apparently that gun is a good one for turrets.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    OMG this game is so much fun. I should have downloaded it sooner. Meet FacePunker - Lurlene the pulsing electrifier, Maxmillion the laser beam healer:

ezWD3e3.jpg

• Options
    jeffinvajeffinva Koogler coming this summerRegistered User regular
    Well, I found a party of cheaters and reported them - shame. They were doing something to instantly get their life back and be over healed as soon as they ran low on HP. One guy stood there taunting as the entire team unloaded on him for like 30 seconds. Blargh, hope they refine their cheat detection soon.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Really enjoying this game, but I have two main issues so far with this game.

1: The jumping animation is atrocious the way it is just this canned animation that for some idiotic reason ends with a sudden stop and drop that sometimes causes me to fall to my death from jumps that look doable and would be doable in any other FPS.
    2: Extraction is the worst game mode in any FPS ever. Why does anyone ever vote for it?

Those issues aside, the game is great fun.

Extraction got a lot better for me when I learned I could shoot the blutes on the ground and they blow up. Not only will this do huge damage to a carrier trying to pick it up (or blow up in their hands), but you can do this to volunteer to be carrier.... which can really help your team if they are low on health/fighting and you are in a clear spot. You can also throw the blute if you are a carrier, which you don't want to do most of the time, but it can be handy. The mode still has some problems, but I actually enjoy it now.

Also, you get used to the jumps. Note that if you jump immediately after a roll you get extra height, and if you sprint + jump off a ramp you get extra too.

Another important thing about blowing up the Blutonium crystals that you touched on: blowing up the crystals puts soft pressure on the enemy's collection routine. Since the crystals take a while to respawn (if you hustle, you'll notice the blute around the grinder getting thin after several captures), blowing them up early can seriously hamper their collection without having to do a single point of damage to a rival player.

anoffday wrote: »
    So if you have a juice gun shooting your teammates juices you up too? Is that how it works?

That's correct. The same principle applies to the healing gun as well. On the other hand, putting Healing or The Juice as your payload as a Launcher allows you to give the buff to yourself directly.

Aegis wrote: »
    So it turns out that Gatling Tesla Full-Auto Corkscrew Laser-Guided Pulse Turrets are hilariously awesome. They will shred people in seconds if they don't know what's coming/can't see it, since the projectiles home.

Wait....what is this now?

The Turret equipment (check the Tech Tree page) lets you deploy a turret with a copy of whatever gun you're holding. They're flimsy as hell, but apparently that gun is a good one for turrets.

Going to give this loadout a go. Gotta work towards laser guided and corkscrew.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    jeffinva wrote: »
    Well, I found a party of cheaters and reported them - shame. They were doing something to instantly get their life back and be over healed as soon as they ran low on HP. One guy stood there taunting as the entire team unloaded on him for like 30 seconds. Blargh, hope they refine their cheat detection soon.

Dev made a post about cheating, they sound pretty serious when they say they're going to do their best so I hope so.

Spent some money on spacebux yesterday. Got a motorcycle helmet and a new avatar. I'm excited to see what the game adds as it gets more popular.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    I've gotten a few clothes from the prize recently. Also I've found that if I play a bit, quit, the play a bit later I usually get to double up on the daily prize.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Hmmm. That Mardi Gras pack is tempting, but it doesn't come with any blutes or coins. It's just clothes... That's a lot of money for just clothes...

But that body paint for Helga would be HILARIOUS online.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    So my best gun is a sweet detonation-on-contact mortar launcher with a Heavy Barrel, it shoots regular rockets with a flame modifier, though sometimes I switch to the the high velocity rocket or change to flak. It's named Sir Gibbins the Flaming.

Speaking of Flak, I've found that a rocket launcher with healing rounds and the flak explosion type is very effective on groups of teammates. It's called Healing Orgy.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    I'll have to check out Flak then. I usually just use explosion rocket healing.

Also I was bitching to @Nackmatholn the other day, but man I had one round I was going great on. Capture the Hammer, had like 2 or 3 different times where I went head to head with the other hammer carrier and came out on top, had all of the kills, etc.
    Apparently though my team wasn't really playing, and I couldn't ever score. We ended up loosing. I was a bit furious because of how well I felt I was doing.

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I haven't really tried rocket healing yet. Been using beam healing to mixed results.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Oh man, hit level 3 on a few things on the tech tree with the launcher.
    This game seriously is a great time. Even the rounds I do...not so well in, I'm still really enjoying it. Best free.99 game out there.

• Options
    JackdawGinJackdawGin Engineer New YorkRegistered User regular
    I'll have to check out Flak then. I usually just use explosion rocket healing.

I've been having great luck with my Full Auto Tesla flak launcher. It should only get better as I believe they are changing flak so it does more damage on the edges.

On another note I ran into a player using the Axl's Rod skin yesterday. I'm not sure what was more unsettling, a naked, tattooed, dong flapping character running around the game or the idea that somebody had payed upwards of $30 for the privilege.

• Options
    I do want to buy one of the starter packs. Considering how much time I've put into the game, I think its worth supporting. Plus we get a new map and game mode soon!

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Start pack is pretty decent.
    Also someone should use this:
    http://www.loadout.com/account/create/?bro=301684

Edit:
    Also new maps!
    Achievements!
    Other things!

Radiation on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Options
    It really really is. Even just doing a match or 2 each night has been pretty fantastic.
    I think my favorite game mode is hammer.
    Also I'm starting to come around to the new map. I wasn't a huge fan at first.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    so this is good huh? I remember seeing some of the promo materials for it and thinking it looked cool, then I totally forgot about it.

how does character/gear progression work?

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Didn't see another post in this at all. You gain XP which helps you unlock more loadouts/weapon slots. Weapons gain levels by usage, and then you can upgrade them. Its free to play, and doesn't seem pay to win. Only cosmetic stuff can be bought with the in game currency, and even that has a chance to drop in the daily prizes (though I haven't seen one in a while).

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    This popped up on my steam front page as announcing 3.0 had been released so I thought I'd give the game a spin. It's actually a lot of fun. The game play is really tight.