Options

Orphan [PHALLA]: Neolutionist Victory!

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    kime doesn't make a tie happen does it? I'm remiss to vote for ecco since I literally have no idea who he is.

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »
    kime doesn't make a tie happen does it? I'm remiss to vote for ecco since I literally have no idea who he is.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhaaahahahahahahhahahaa

Sometimes I wake up, and don't really know who I am either.

It's a really interesting philosophical quandary.

Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    I mean I know who ecco the dolphin is, I can still hear that game's soundtrack in my head, but you know, I assume you're not THAT ecco the dolphin.

• Options
    I mean I know who ecco the dolphin is, I can still hear that game's soundtrack in my head, but you know, I assume you're not THAT ecco the dolphin.

No, I'm afraid that I'm not.

Let's just say that I lost a coin toss a little while ago...

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ecco, first you RNG voted, then you voted for yourself.

I don't want to vote you out (although at this point I may have to to save myself), but you are really trying to push me, huh?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    kime wrote: »

I don't want to vote you out (although at this point I may have to to save myself), but you are really trying to push me, huh?

Pfft, you know me. =P

I'd actually expect no less than for you to vote me out, for self preservation reasons at the very least.

Edit:

I just don't really know where this sudden bandwagon for you has picked up from.

It's not like it's from my mafia buddies, *wink*wink*

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    Honestly it's kind of annoying when people try to force logic into a day-1 vote.

Pfft, you know me. =P

I'd actually expect no less than for you to vote me out, for self preservation reasons at the very least.

Edit:

I just don't really know where this sudden bandwagon for you has picked up from.

It's not like it's from my mafia buddies, *wink*wink*

Speaking only for myself, I joined phalla almost at the exact moment when "day 1 kime" passed from "thing that always happens" to "God not again." I've grown up hearing stories about Day 1s past, but I've yet to participate in one. The old-timers, they speak so well of that time. I want to experience the magic.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Ooooh, is this the whole mafia

"Let's start a counter wagon on kime, so the village will spend day 2 killing ecco, because he's so damned suspicious, even though they're totes both villagers?"

trick?

Edit:
    Speaking only for myself, I joined phalla almost at the exact moment when "day 1 kime" passed from "thing that always happens" to "God not again." I've grown up hearing stories about Day 1s past, but I've yet to participate in one. The old-timers, they speak so well of that time. I want to experience the magic.

Oh nooo, don't day 1 kime.

I think I saw the start of those a few times, and it always makes me feel bad that a regular gets day 1'd because "olol it's kime".

Kime's a pretty reasonable player, and I think it would be a loss to the village if he gets voted off.

With that said, here's my campaign slogan:

Vote ecco, for kime.

You'll find out that I'm village, and we'll spare the day that's usually spent doing the whole, "Oh my god, the bandwagon turned around at the last minute for kime! Mafia must have been involved - let's kill ecco to make sure!" thing that we usually do.

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    30ish minute warning

The idea that your vote is a moral statement about you or who you vote for is some backwards ass libertarian nonsense. Your vote is about society. Vote to protect the vulnerable.
  • Options
    Vote ecco, save kime!

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Are there village idiots in this kind of vanilla?

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Are there village idiots in this kind of vanilla?

I am a villager.

Some would also say that I am an idiot.

But not necessarily in the role PM.

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    No. Also, I'm not counting votes for yourself.

The idea that your vote is a moral statement about you or who you vote for is some backwards ass libertarian nonsense. Your vote is about society. Vote to protect the vulnerable.
  • Options

Phooey. =(

No, but seriously, jdarksun and maybe Phyphor for hopping on to an easy bandwagon target early on.

I have no idea why the counter bandwagon on kime started up, but I'm not inclined to treat it as suspicious.

In fact, if anything, I'd say that the mafia have been keeping well clear of this entire fiasco, because, my gosh, what a mess we've turned day 0 into. =/

• Options
    Farewell MrTLicious, you spoke too few

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yRYIBVAXiU

See the rest of ya tomorrow!

• Options
    Vote closed

• Options

Phooey. =(

No, but seriously, jdarksun and maybe Phyphor for hopping on to an easy bandwagon target early on.

I have no idea why the counter bandwagon on kime started up, but I'm not inclined to treat it as suspicious.

In fact, if anything, I'd say that the mafia have been keeping well clear of this entire fiasco, because, my gosh, what a mess we've turned day 0 into. =/

A silly villager wagon followed by a pointless villager wagon isn't a mess, it's just a phalla. Even having a wagon on a mafia, let alone a successful one, is the exception rather than the rule.

As for hitting kime with the day 1 wagon, as I said, it is no longer de rigueur. Don't cry for kime.

• Options
    Farewell MrTLicious

*gasp*

Classic vig call!

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Farewell MrTLicious

*gasp*

Classic vig call!

Classic mafia vig call.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Megafrost wrote: »
    Farewell MrTLicious

*gasp*

Classic vig call!

Classic mafia vig call.

Suspicious
    Actually was a scripted mafia conversation

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    Narration to be posted in... let's say four minutes

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Day 1 - Natural Selection

Detective Arthur Bell had been put in charge of the larger task force assigned to investigate the mass disappearances and was still the lead detective on the grisly murder. He thought he must be going crazy because when he briefed all the new police officers a number of them looked distressingly like Beth. Mostly he focused on how all of the additional resources would allow him to follow every lead that was pouring in from the tip line the Toronto PD had set up.

The very first tip that came in was an anonymous tip telling him that the task force had been infiltrated by the organization behind the kidnappings and that before he could solve them he'd have to find the infiltrators.

Most of the tips were focused on ecco the dolphin and kime with a number of other leads coming in. Having so many resources, Detective Bell just said screw it and told the other task force members to just arrest both of them and be done with it. ecco the dolphin's apartment didn't turn up much of anything except his badge and gun when searched, but it was decided that he would still be held for questioning based on the phone tips until his innocence could be fully proven. On the other hand, kime had a number of very strange pieces of literature touting the philosophy of self-directed evolution, which he literature referred to as "Neolution." Additionally, when he was personally searched, the officers found... well, a tail. "What the hell is going on here?"

Baffled by the new information, Detective Bell answered a call and was told that there had been another murder. CesareB, a uniform cop had been shot once in the chest. Investigating the scene of the crime, Bell found a small cleared out area with a place that looked ideal for resting a long rifle. "This seems relatively normal, thankfully," he thought.

A second body was also found. If anything, this murder was more bizarre and looked like it might have even been an accident. MrTLicious was found strangled, but by a very thin wire. Detectives on the scene were baffled. Later, a medical examiner searched through her data base for potential matches and found one. "It looks like... well, it looks like the string attached to a whistle. Like one you'd see around the neck of a coach. Also, the attacker was a bit shorter than this man, based on the angle of the impression. Also, something funny about the murdered man's eyes. They were a completely bizarre white color that is not found in nature. Looks like it wasn't a contact either, but an actual surgical change." A uniformed officer walked up just then. "Detective, we searched the dead man's house and found more of those books about 'Neolution.'" "My day just keeps getting more bizzare.

Later that evening, he called into all of his task force members. He couldn't get a hold of two of them. Requesting more information about the two, he was shocked to discover that the two women had the exact same facial features. Looking into their backgrounds revealed that Zombie Hero had been raised in Germany and was named Katja Obinger, the other, a Gizzy in a convent in the Ukraine. No last name was given for her, just the name "Helena and it was noted that she had no known associates except possibly a Maggie Chen, a name Arthur recognized all too well.

"Where the hell is Beth?"

Results:
    ecco the dolphin - Toronto PD - voted out
    kime - Neolutionist - voted out
    CesareB - Toronto PD - Shot
    MrTLicious - Neolutionist - strangled (with a whistle?)
    Zombie Hero - Katja Obinger - disappeared without a trace
    Gizzy - Helena - disappeared without a trace

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    That seems like a lot of deaths for a vanilla-ish game

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Although, we've got top two vote getters dying (unless there was a tie)

Then one village vig, two mafia kills, and a (now dead) SK kill

• Options
    Also, @ObiFett is on notice, unless I missed a vote somewhere

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Show spoilers
    Its funny Katja was the first clone to die as shes the first one to die other than Beth.

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    So kime villager my ass..See Ecco, I am not crazy.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    vertroue wrote: »
    So kime villager my ass..See Ecco, I am not crazy.

ooOOoooOOOOooOO

yoooooouu weerree rrrrrriiiiiiigghhhhhhttt

goood lucccckkk

oOOooOOOOooO

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular

I was checking out Assuran's bedroom and I found this poster on the wall.

fQtKeZ3.jpg

Err... Don't ask why I was in Assuran's bedroom, but I think we've got our perp.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    OOOoooOOOoooOOO

Well at least I get a grudge out of this. And maybe I helped sort of?

OOOoooOOOoooOOO

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Welp, a special died. Does said person on the show have cool powers? Is she an orphan?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Welp, a special died. Does said person on the show have cool powers? Is she an orphan?
    Oh dear god, what if she was the guard D:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    http://orphanblack.wikia.com/wiki/Katja_Obinger
    is the wikia page
    I'd assume she might be a mason? There was mason clarifications, so someone's a mason.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Phyphor for hating on an RNGer day 1.
    Whilst RNGing day 1 tells us nothing, RNGing with the intent to jump on a wagon later in the day depending on what happens so as to establish a vote record is more preferable than a lot of the one shot random or no reason votes we get day 1 instead. So just picking on the RNGers does nothing and is incredibly lazy voting.

That said, I have to immediately change to jdarksun because kime counter-wagon is a better reason to vote than "offends my personal anti-stupid-meta agenda".

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    That really couldn't have gone any better for us.

2 dead mafia and the SK all in one day.

I was checking out Assuran's bedroom and I found this poster on the wall.

Err... Don't ask why I was in Assuran's bedroom, but I think we've got our perp.

How did you know of my unholy love for a really great franchise that got worse with every movie?

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Aww yeah, that's some good narration.

Village-aligned players with special abilties should get in contact with me via PM. For anyone who's new, the combination of calling my kill on a mafia and the SK dying mean the chance of me not being the genuine village vig are almost nonexistent.

Interesting that the mafia took out Gizzy and Zombie Hero. I know that those two pretty much soft network all the time, so maybe that had something to do with it? The other thing is that at least ZH voted for kime.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    So for last night's deaths we had two people die to a tied vote, one vig kill, and what looks like two mafia kills and one SK kill.

I'm unfamiliar with the source material for this game. Does it seem likely that Helena would be responsible for CesareB's death?

• Options
    Short Answer: Yes.

Show spoilers
    Helena shot Katja in Beth/Sarah's car from the blind spoken about in the narrations.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Phyphor for hating on an RNGer day 1.
    Whilst RNGing day 1 tells us nothing, RNGing with the intent to jump on a wagon later in the day depending on what happens so as to establish a vote record is more preferable than a lot of the one shot random or no reason votes we get day 1 instead. So just picking on the RNGers does nothing and is incredibly lazy voting.

That said, I have to immediately change to jdarksun because kime counter-wagon is a better reason to vote than "offends my personal anti-stupid-meta agenda".
    discrider i voted for ecco before thr counter wagon. Mafia narrative conrol attempt
    attempt

• Options
    Pjone post jdarjsun.?