Options

Lenovo Yoga 13 won't turn on off of AC

override367override367 ALL minionsRegistered User regular
My laptop hasn't really had any issues in the year or so I've had it, but I haven't used it in about a month.

Yesterday when I tried to turn it on nothing happened, I figure the battery is dead so I plug it in. Strangely there's no charging light

I left it overnight and it didn't charge, but it turned on as long as the charger was plugged in. Windows reports 95% battery capacity and not charging. Changing my energy management scheme to "maximum battery life" or unplugging the power causes it to die immediately

I bought a new ac adapter but that wasn't the problem. My battery is probably shot right? What kind of tool do I need to get in there so I can swap out the battery if that's the case?

• Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    Here you go. Start on page 32/33. I think all you need is some small flathead screwdrivers. I would get a decent set with hardened tips cause you might ruin the screw heads with some cheap eyeglass repair set. Also you might want to buy a spudger (basically a plastic shim that might have various edges and shapes) to help you pry things off/out without damaging them.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    for some reason it charges if the lid is open...

I have no idea why it only charges in that circumstance

I think I might get a battery anyway since it's getting long in the tooth, I have a nice set of snap-on precision screwdrivers that might work

override367 on
  • Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    But it doesn't charge when the lid is closed? That is odd, but I suppose it is possible that it has one thing to do with power management or a power management driver since Windows can take action on lid closure (e.g. enter hibernate).