As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bravely Second: Cats, culinarians, and cocks

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    WIll you be my friend, Pip

I will make friend attacks to send out every day

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I will be your friend

• Options
    I just got the game though

• Options
    That is okay

You can use me to Abilink higher levels onto the jobs for one character, or summon me to smite a boss that is pissing you off

That is what friends do

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    @PiptheFair And just because I worry you might be giving Nintendo too much credit

I've added you, but you won't get a notification of that. You have to add me manually in the same menu where you found your own code

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    @PiptheFair And just because I worry you might be giving Nintendo too much credit

I've added you, but you won't get a notification of that. You have to add me manually in the same menu where you found your own code

goddamnit nintendo

• Options
    Then you select "add friends" in the save menu on Bravely Default

Do this every time you add a new friend or a group of new friends

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    just starting to dig into the game. i am at the very first keep after getting ringabel and i am getting my face rocked by the orc/cait sith team.

i added everyone in the OP and you as well Pip.

• Options
    Aretè wrote: »
    just starting to dig into the game. i am at the very first keep after getting ringabel and i am getting my face rocked by the orc/cait sith team.

added you, but you're not showing up?

I might be dumb or nintendo is bad

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I really like this game but as I discussed with @Stilts it makes a terrible decision by handing you jobs one at a time instead of in big clumps, making it very hard to plan out characters if you don't want to look stuff up ahead of time

• Options
    It's intentional

You end up trying out multiple jobs over time instead of settling on just one

It's important that it works this way because each job has advantages that can make it very, very powerful

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Aretè wrote: »

added you, but you're not showing up?

I might be dumb or nintendo is bad

no that was me being dumb, i should show up now.

i added my FC to my sig, so if anyone wants to add me just @ me when you do and I will add you back.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    It's intentional

It's important that it works this way because each job has advantages that can make it very, very powerful

It takes so goddamn many Job Points to level, though, so it kind of makes me not want to switch jobs very much.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    once you get to chapter 5 you can get 999 jp per fight

• Options
    Once you egt to Chapter 5 you can reliably grind in an area where you will get between 400-999 JP per battle if you keep up your unscathed link

The game gates between Levels 8 and 9 because the expectation is that you only really need level 8 classes before you're able to get a lot more JP

Don't worry about it. Relax. Take it slow.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Just as a reminder, it takes more job points to go from level 8 to 9 than it does from 1 to 8 (give or take)

So the idea is that you can quickly level up a bunch of classes to that level and get a feel for their flavor

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    It's intentional

Also they decided to tie your basic stats to Job levels so you're actually weaker when you switch to a lower level job? I dislike this idea. It's cool when a job "clicks" and works well. There seems to be a "hump" right now though where a class just tends to suck at lower levels because you just have less stats working overtime for you in the background.

I get wanting to have job levels matter for something other than unlocking abilities. Particularly when Abili-link exists. It's still sort of annoying.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Someone got advice on how to handle the six dragons? I found the tip to use Stillness, but the debuff lasts longer than two turns.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Someone got advice on how to handle the six dragons? I found the tip to use Stillness, but the debuff lasts longer than two turns.

Ninjas with the red mage turn tables ability.

Dragons only use physical attacks.

Ninjas get secondary abilities that make physical attacks a joke.

Ta dah!

• Options
    It depends on if you want to cheese them or not. There's a few ways to handle them.

Dispel will get rid of the debuff on you, for instance, and you can safely do that from behind Stillness (I don't think it dispels Stillness but be wary)

You can just unload damage on them as fast as possible with some high-damage combinations.

The breath attack is physical, so a ninja or a team of ninjas will trivialize them, though that method takes a while.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Before I level four Ninjas, does that mean you can evade the breath attack?

• Options
    Okay, thanks for the advice, guys.

• Options
    the alternative to ninja cheese is having a templar or spirit master and casting rampart/enigma right after it uses the debuff

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    so I'm still early in chapter 1 (yeah I've been bad about playing this), I think I have one of each class right now

is the leveling of classes supposed to be criminally slow right now?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    There's eight chapters, so...

• Options
    If you would like to grind out job levels, you should find an area where you can beat the enemies in one turn. In case you missed it, you can press Y to enter auto-battle mode and adjust battle speed with the d-pad. You can get fairly speedily to a certain level this way, but like Wyborn mentioned on this page, there's a major increase in JP requirements after level 8.

• Options
    it's pretty slow at the start but once you hit chapter 2 things pick up a bit and you start to get about 20 jp per fight

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    dont bother grinding until chapter 3 at the earliest

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I'd say don't bother until Chapter 5

Or even halfway through 6, depending

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    I'm on chapter 8
    fighting my way up the command center, boss fights getting stupidly hard. Do I need to do this to gain access to the BONUS DUNGEON?!

• Options
    Short answer is no.
    The bonus dungeon isn't marked on your map. Land your airship in the big-ass crater in the northern archipelago.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    okay, that makes me feel better

thanks all

• Options
    I updated the OP because bravely second is coming out tomorrow and I am getting it immediately and so should you

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I'll get it about noon.
    SO HYPE.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Jars wrote: »
    I updated the OP because bravely second is coming out tomorrow and I am getting it immediately and so should you

I already got it, like, a week ago. I just can't actually play it yet...

I really liked the demo though. The new classes they showed were fun and the new grinding mode they have where you can chain random encounters if you KO everything in a single round was neat.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I stopped playing Fire Emblem so I could play the demo for this. My current plan is to switch back to FE and then play this later... but we'll see.

• Options
    Is there anything worth playing the demo for before playing this

• Options
    between this and FE, 3DS is about to go from neglected step child to the golden child.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    So, how's this compare to Bravely Default?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm buying this this weekend