As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] Grosse Point Blank: Village and Martin Blank Victory!

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Vertroue was supposed to take a crack at you the night she was eliminated.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Did we meet our win condition? :)

Killed the first three mafia, weeeeeeee. Thanks for the game, sorry about not being around much.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    So, did the Mafia have to kill me or something? Because that's why I didn't announce myself in the thread.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I'm curious, was my role's name just for flavor or did it serve a greater purpose?

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I appreciate Langly protecting me.

You have earned a Grudge-free card.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    We tried to kill Langly two times, the first time he was protected, the second time we had two guys on him but one died, so he was again protected.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Bedlam wrote: »
    he actually helped me find other Mafia members (indirectly though .

3 out of the 4 i said were highly suspect were mafia. And i brought.up the possible premium gambit ;/

granted i.didnt stay on obi despite bringing him up a bit privately

Egos on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    You said lots of things!

Venerable walls of text were scaled in an effort to understand your madness. The elements were against us, and the conditions were rough. My guide perished saving my life, and I was forced to brutally murder and consume my son for sustenance. Eventually the apex was reached, and the day was won, but upon completion of the journey it seems our humanity was naught for this world.

I self medicate now @Egos, as I long for the sweet release of death, where the chittering horrors of the mountains of madness will beguile me no longer.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    boards should be open

• Options
    So you started with no kills but could get up to 5 kills a day?

That's completely nuts.

• Options
    Correction, up to 6 kills a day.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Well this was an interesting game, I was very worried at the early inactivity, I don't think I've ever given out so many marks. I guess Valentine's Day/the weekend is a terrible time to start a game. Worse than starting during a steam sale. If there was more activity I think it would have been harder to have that first tie vote. Maybe not though. One thing that hurt the mafia was that on one of the days they had a kill pointing at a player who was not in this game, so no kill went through. Infidel's shots did not have priority as was suggested on the boards.

I tried to make the powers vaguely appropriate, was a bit sad I couldn't fit Marcella in.

The funny thing about the last days is that if I had included Robbie in the game I don't think I would have been opposed to him being a partial seer. Thrall child seems a bit much though with Buddha's role. Not sure I should say these things lest I become too predictable as a host. ;)

I'll have to apologize again for missing narration on Thursday, I literally felt terrible. Congratulations to @jdarksun for the baby, that's awesome.

In the end if this got anyone to watch the movie, I'll count the game as a success. I also tried to include a bit of the soundtrack, the movie has a good one.

Please let me know what you liked/hated for next time.
    Infidel wrote: »
    Did we meet our win condition? :)

Killed the first three mafia, weeeeeeee. Thanks for the game, sorry about not being around much.

Almost, you would have needed Bedlam to die to meet your win con. If GG hadn't died early and Langly hadn't found VW the night he did and kept his guard on you, you had a good shot at winning.
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    So, did the Mafia have to kill me or something? Because that's why I didn't announce myself in the thread.
    You, Langly, Infidel, and GG.
    Mill wrote: »
    I'm curious, was my role's name just for flavor or did it serve a greater purpose?
    You could have gotten a power based on the mafia's total number of armed assassins.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    What was up with villager powers? Things like Gizzy having a guard for a night?

I thought there were other instances of players powers rotating but I could be mistaken.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    So you started with no kills but could get up to 5 kills a day?

That's completely nuts.

If the stars aligned there could be
    1 vote
    6 mafia
    2 government agents
    1 vig
    1 felix

11 deaths in one night.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    This game was awwwwwwesome. I really enjoyed being Martin.

• Options
    Yeah it was really awesome getting to nethead again. Everybody should do it once!

Super frustrating with the lack of activity some people displayed but I guess life happens.

Thanks for running 38th! Be less sick!

• Options
    Also everyone stop having babys.

Just stop you guys, its not funny anymore.

• Options
    Shouldn't we have also caught Obifett being armed? Man, we had good targeting GG and I.

Trailed him night 1, trailed Phyphor night 3, 2/3 on catching the mafia arming (or should have been).
    Correction:

Obifett totally mafia kill attempted day 1.

:lol:

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    I had no idea if you meant he attempted a kill or one was attempted on him. Comsidering the context , figured the former at first but then nobody brought it up

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    What was up with villager powers? Things like Gizzy having a guard for a night?

I thought there were other instances of players powers rotating but I could be mistaken.

It sounds like if the mafia had decided to arm a ton of each other - that's what would trigger me or Mill to have the guard ability.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    So what did Debi do?

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Yeah Phyphor switching to discrider that one time was weird.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I was surprised the mafia didn't kill me earlier since I was like - hey everyone I'm a named character! On like day 2

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Gizzy wrote: »
    I was surprised the mafia didn't kill me earlier since I was like - hey everyone I'm a named character! On like day 2

I thought that's what they were attempting to do with the bw , as I mentioned to you :P

Also if I were mafia , I would have likely straight up killed you and not mention the mistake to you :rotate:

Egos on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Shouldn't we have also caught Obifett being armed? Man, we had good targeting GG and I.

Trailed him night 1, trailed Phyphor night 3, 2/3 on catching the mafia arming (or should have been).
    Correction:

I wasn't the one performing the arming action, Macguffin was, so I should have showed up clean on an action seer.

That last quote was just you making up shit.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    trying to get a rise out of you like he did with Dr. Kippy in Blarney Phalla :rotate:

Egos on
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

Correction:

I wasn't the one performing the arming action, Macguffin was, so I should have showed up clean on an action seer.

The last quote was you being too non-villager.

And we caught Phyphor being armed, so yes we should have caught you as well.

"Phyphor drives to a secluded location and opens a package containing several high caliber pistols and an amazing amount of bullets."

That's all the information I had, I nailed premium and vert from the thread.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I thought he was playing. I must have gotten that mixed up with the other game. So, since I didn't actually kill anyone, why did I die?

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    I thought he was playing. I must have gotten that mixed up with the other game. So, since I didn't actually kill anyone, why did I die?

Did you try?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I had a kill order on somebody who wasn't in the game. Which should be equivalent to no order (technically he was a reserve, I thought he had subbed in)

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Well you were on the prowl and I stopped you like a good agent. :lol:

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Correction:

"Phyphor drives to a secluded location and opens a package containing several high caliber pistols and an amazing amount of bullets."

Earlier results set the precedent. Later results are the mistake.

So no you shouldn't have caught me and you shouldnt have caught Phyphor.

• Options

Correction:

Or not? :rotate:

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Phyphor wrote: »

Infidel and GG could kill whether or not the other person had killed, they just got removed if they hit a bad target. Infidel would have been removed from hitting premium since he hadn't/wasn't shooting that night but he was mafia killed anyways. As for you, I spent a long time figuring out what to do with that situation in my head, thus the late narration. I decided that since you had a kill order in you were trying to kill and you were a valid target. The kill didn't go through since the order was input wrong but that's on no one checking the orders.

Correction:

Or not? :rotate:

I screwed up the first day. Stupid fallible human interpretations of mechanics. Maybe I should have Orokos brand stat blocks run my next game.

In all seriousness everyone, my apologies for the mistakes and the late narrations, I'll be more careful next time.
    Also everyone stop having babys.

Just stop you guys, its not funny anymore.

No Bedlam, we need more babies. Phalla participation is down. Unrelated but, My daughter crawled today for the first time!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    In all seriousness everyone, my apologies for the mistakes and the late narrations, I'll be more careful next time.

You'll be dead!

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    C'mon this 38th isn't worth the trouble, let me buy you a drink.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Thanks for running Doe.

I'm pretty happy my dunalist had 2 mafia and a neutral on it. I didn't realize Jdark was having another kid at the time so that is why I found him suspicious in his lack of posting.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular