Options

Moment of the Week for 04-04-2007

13»

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Heralds was exactly what I needed to tide me over until next week, when Nova starts up.

Also, after seeing the Surfer kick ass in Heralds...I'm scared for Black Panther in next month's Fantastic Four. :shock:

Heralds was worth it if just for a bit of summary-clarification of the relationship between Galactus and these other entities, especially given that only Galactus is from the previous universe.

That said, I hate the concept of the Crunch...I mean, I just don't see how it makes any sense at all...but whatever. It was rather cool for the Surfer to kill - to outright destroy and unmake - two core entities of the universe. By the way, was I alone in thinking that Galactus seems to actually like the Surfer, as opposed to just tolerating him like he seems to do w/ his heralds typically?

My favorite part of it is that Galactus almost came off as a good guy...a good guy who eats billions of people a year, but still. Defending the universe when he could've ignored them.

Just waiting for the twist when it turns out Aegis and Tenebrous were actually right about what needed to be done.

umm, I'm pretty sure that Galactacus is a fundamental element of the universe. If either He>The Universe>Eternity>Lady Death die, they're all fucked. Which is why he protected it.

Transporter on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    like keeping crackheads from breaking into the freezer you keep in the backyard

you needs those burritos homie

edit- in this case, burritos representing the lifeforce of solar systems

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The Scooby Doo dialogue in FN Spider-Man was pretty funny this week.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    I don't think I'm familiar enough with Marvel characters to find Immortal Iron Fist impressive

That dosen't really make any sense. It's a good book. I never read a damn thing with Iron Fist in it before I picked it up.

august on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm already reading Moon Knight for my "obscure second-stringer turned into badass" book.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm reading both, and lets just say I'm not disapointed with Iron Fist.

What Doug didn't upload is what it looks like when those guns start firing.... oh man.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Karate kid wiki entry:
    The extent of his skill was so great that he could severely damage various types of hard material with a single blow and was briefly able to hold his own against Superboy through use of what he called "Super Karate".

My moment of the week... where I find a new DC character to roll my eyes at.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hey, he's only the greatest martial artists in the known DCU. Go on, roll away.

:roll:

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    Karate kid wiki entry:
    The extent of his skill was so great that he could severely damage various types of hard material with a single blow and was briefly able to hold his own against Superboy through use of what he called "Super Karate".

My moment of the week... where I find a new DC character to roll my eyes at.

He knows every form of martial arts there is. He's from the 30th century. I wouldn't doubt that "Super Karate" would be formed in those thousand years

Edit: Also, that was pre-Crisis in the Silver Age. Of course it's gonna be ridiculous

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    I'm reading both, and lets just say I'm not disapointed with Iron Fist.

What Doug didn't upload is what it looks like when those guns start firing.... oh man.

I'm trying to make a wallpaper out of Orson charging up, but I am terrible at this kind of thing.

Here is the pic of the the chi-charged Colts being fired as Orson goes all John Woo Gun Fu on HYDRA:

immortalironfist004020sw0.th.jpg

Reminds me of the charge-up shots you could do in Devil May Cry.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, I love seeing that.

If you want a wallpaper Doug, I'l see what I can do this weekend.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've got to be honest, really not a fan of the art in those Iron Fist scans.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Heralds was exactly what I needed to tide me over until next week, when Nova starts up.

Also, after seeing the Surfer kick ass in Heralds...I'm scared for Black Panther in next month's Fantastic Four. :shock:

Heralds was worth it if just for a bit of summary-clarification of the relationship between Galactus and these other entities, especially given that only Galactus is from the previous universe.

That said, I hate the concept of the Crunch...I mean, I just don't see how it makes any sense at all...but whatever. It was rather cool for the Surfer to kill - to outright destroy and unmake - two core entities of the universe. By the way, was I alone in thinking that Galactus seems to actually like the Surfer, as opposed to just tolerating him like he seems to do w/ his heralds typically?

BTW spoilers

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Virral wrote: »
    I've got to be honest, really not a fan of the art in those Iron Fist scans.

See, when I first caught previews for it, I thought the same thing. It reminded me a bit of the art for Bendis' run of Daredevil as well as Alias, and too me that art always looked way to static. But I'm loving the art right now. Hell, I'm loving everything about Iron Fist. I kinda wished I would have waited for the inevitable trade though, just so I could have all the issues in one nice, hardcover(which you know they'll come out with)

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    It is apparently selling very well. :-) So no trade-waiting! Keep buying!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I'm already reading Moon Knight for my "obscure second-stringer turned into badass" book.

If by obscure you mean shoot peoplein the head then laugh, I agree.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm not really interested in reading it

Agree.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Agree.

Hey, sucks to be you guys.

august on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    august wrote: »

Agree.

Hey, sucks to be you guys.

Some people just don't like good comics.

I kid, I kid. But seriously, Immortal Iron Fist is great. :^:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Malkor wrote: »

Moon Knight doesn't shoot people.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Malkor wrote: »

Moon Knight doesn't shoot people.
    He throws moon discs

"You are one dumb son of a bitch. Bringing a moon disc to a gun fight--"
    *disc-to-throat*
    "Blleeeeeeeaggh!"

:P

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    He cut off a dude's face!

616 Moon Knight has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    "Moony. Rhymes with loony"

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    He cut off a dude's face!

616 Moon Knight has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
    You contradicted yourself.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    He used to use guns, back in the day.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    All of Supergirl was pretty awesome this week, if only for the delicious and long-overdue exposition.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    All of Supergirl was pretty awesome this week, if only for the delicious and long-overdue exposition.

Since I dropped the book after the Amanda Conner issue can you explain the whole batshit father thing?

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    bobgorila wrote: »

Since I dropped the book after the Amanda Conner issue can you explain the whole batshit father thing?

Let's see what I can do.
    OK, so her daddy was Jor El's brother, and J invented the phantom zone projector and presented it as a way for Kryptonians to punish criminals without killing them. So far so good, right?

Anyway, Krypton gets fucking phantom-zone fever and everyone's nuts about it, they love the idea and they love Jor El. But also society starts on some kind of decline - crime, violence, unemployment, general descent into the primitive kind of shit.

Super-dad, for some unexplained reason, can see these... phantoms that're kind of possessing people. They're from the Phantom Zone and they're pissed that Jor El's been polluting their home or something. Some possessed kids try to fuck him and his wife and kid up all Mr-And-Mrs-Wayne-Coming-Home-From-The-Theatre style, but it just so happens our boy is holding a sun-crystal (it's his thing, he studies them, I dunno). Turns out sun-crystals fuck these things up.

So now he and Kara go all vigilante, killing possessed people with sun-crystals. Nobody believes that there are these things in the first place, however, so they're pretty much seen as murderers. They kill a whole bunch of kids, for example.

So now Krypton's all quaking and about to blow and each of the brothers thinks their theory is behind it, and the science council believes neither of them. Jor El tells his brother about his baby-into-space plan and the guy's like "jesus fucking christ no, the phantoms will just follow him to whatever world you send him and fuck their shit up!" So he builds his own ship and sends Kara in it to kill her cousin, thus saving whatever planet he lands on.

Issue ends with Kara, landing in some city and making a crater (I think she got punched by Stalker-Boy in space in the last issue?). She looks up to see the people crowding around it are possessed by pahntom-zone things.

Hah, probably would have been quicker to read the book!

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, Supergirl starting to make sense was really my moment of the month.

Except for Dark Tower #3. Because, It's the fucking Dark Tower.

Bloods End on