As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread is old, use the new thread!

• LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    How does one get a giant wolf mount?

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    How does one get a giant wolf mount?

It's supposed to be a Lion, but you get it from Tanking The extreme Primals or Coil turns as a Paladin. You get a Bear if you do it as a Warrior.

I think you need upwards of like 200 successful tanking runs of the above listed content to get it for one of the classes.

Basically it's a tanking incentive.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Woo-hoo, private room!

If anybody sees my retainers, tell them they need to double-time it so I can properly furnish this thing.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
    Tank only mounts. Pfft. Where's my dps incentive? Tanks have it easy. I have to wait 30 to 60 minutes for a dungeon.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think you don't understand the concept.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Concept is understood and satirized.

steam_sig.png
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Whoa, do the hunt seals start to ramp up at some point? 500 seems like a lot, and that's just for the pet.

• Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I apologize for the silly n00b question but... my 30 free days are almost up. How the F do I resubscribe? I've been all over the squenix site and can't find it.

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&request=mogstation

The Mogstation for all your account service needs.

Is it down a lot? It was down last night, but I'm hoping that was just because of patch day. I'll try again tonight when I get home, but if I get shut out of the game I'm going to be like... SUPER bummed.

Also, how does one acquire that amazing lion mount?

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Riokenn wrote: »
    I just want a room with a bed...and chocobo wallpaper...

Ask your retainers nicely.

I don't get it. Do they bring you decorative stuff from their ventures or something?

I'm pretty sure my retainers have, collectively, stolen me a house. Another company member has retainers who are stealing Haukke Manor for them, one footstool at a time.

They're furniture-obsessed kleptomaniacs.

(BTW, I may have some 'bo wallpaper in storage.)

And here I am sending her off in 18 hour Explorations like a chump. Thanks for the tip!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    Just a quick question if anyone can verify, but does the authenticators that came with FFXIV 1.0 CE have an Emergency Removal Password? I've read that it's displayed when you login at https://secure.square-enix.com/ But I think thats only for the mobile authenticators.

I get nervous each time I press the button, it takes a second for the numbers to show up but it's a tad slower than my WoW token. If anyone can check if these old tokens have a Emergency Removal Password it'd be greatly appreciated. (At work at the moment and this thing will be floating around my head all day >.< )

• IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Allied Seals aren't too bad if you can find a linkshell for them; you can get 20 for a A rank world boss and 50 from an S rank. I ended yesterday at 93 thanks to people calling out and waiting. Also party finder groups where everyone heads out to a different zone, then all port whenever someone finds one.

They do scale like fate contribution, I want to say it's like 20/12/3 for Gold/Silver/Bronze type scaling on a A rank. I can't guarantee it's the case but it feels like if you're grouped up you'll get more credit.

*Correction, A rank gives 20 max and B gives 5. B rank have about 50k health, A have 100 and I missed S by like 10 min this morning, stupid sleep.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I apologize for the silly n00b question but... my 30 free days are almost up. How the F do I resubscribe? I've been all over the squenix site and can't find it.

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&request=mogstation

Is it down a lot? It was down last night, but I'm hoping that was just because of patch day. I'll try again tonight when I get home, but if I get shut out of the game I'm going to be like... SUPER bummed.

Got subscribed. Glad it worked out and I don't need to miss a beat :) I got the entry level one, because I don't see myself making more than 1 character... ever.

Should I be leveling crafting before I get a discipline of war to 50? If so, is there one people typically start with?

EDIT - there appears to be so much stuff to do, especially now that 2.3 has hit, that I'm not sure what to do first. Just from reading the patch notes, it seems the first thing I should focus on is completing the story so that I can unlock all of these cool things to do... but is there stuff I can/should do along the way? Like raise a crafting skill? Do some PvP? Collect all the minions?!

Chubby Bunny on

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014

Got subscribed. Glad it worked out and I don't need to miss a beat :)

Should I be leveling crafting before I get a discipline of war to 50? If so, is there one people typically start with?

Play whatever you want. There are plenty of crafters in the FC who can take care of you as you level up. Crafting is fun, but not critical in any way. I have 4 lv 50's and still no crafter and it literally has never held me back. My highest crafter is 33. I'd wait until you at least get into a Grand company. That way you can just do the daily supply delivery and get a ton of exp that way.

Crafting can be quite expensive to level, or is very slow as you'd have to level gathering classes/other crafting classes at the same time. Being so new to the game, just focus on disciple of war/magic and craft/gather when you feel like it. Unless you really, really enjoy crafting.

edit:

Might be worthwhile to pick a gathering class like botany or miner and level that up a little bit. Materials are selling for quite a bit right now, so with a tiny amount of effort you can make a little change for yourself. I'd still focus on the war/mages, but might be a nice break to gather.

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
    Grove wrote: »

Play whatever you want. There are plenty of crafters in the FC who can take care of you as you level up. Crafting is fun, but not critical in any way. I have 4 lv 50's and still no crafter and it literally has never held me back. My highest crafter is 33. I'd wait until you at least get into a Grand company. That way you can just do the daily supply delivery and get a ton of exp that way.

Crafting can be quite expensive to level, or is very slow as you'd have to level gathering classes/other crafting classes at the same time. Being so new to the game, just focus on disciple of war/magic and craft/gather when you feel like it. Unless you really, really enjoy crafting.

I enjoyed crafting in other games, but it was more once I've seen (most of) the other content and wanted to log in to hang out / wait for a raid party. I'm definitely not there yet with FFXIV, so I guess that answers that.

I'm currently level 34 SCH / SMN. I'm super excited to hit 50 and see some of the end-game content. I just don't want to get tunnel vision because there appears to be so much else out there haha.

• TakelTakel Registered User regular

Got subscribed. Glad it worked out and I don't need to miss a beat :) I got the entry level one, because I don't see myself making more than 1 character... ever.

EDIT - there appears to be so much stuff to do, especially now that 2.3 has hit, that I'm not sure what to do first. Just from reading the patch notes, it seems the first thing I should focus on is completing the story so that I can unlock all of these cool things to do... but is there stuff I can/should do along the way? Like raise a crafting skill? Do some PvP? Collect all the minions?!

Focus on the story quests and get to level 50. Then after that, do whatever you want because there's a crap load of stuff to do taht doesn't necessarily involve killing stuff. Crafting/gathering can be done whenever you want a change of pace, but hitting 40 in certain crafts based on what you use may be advised if you intend on doing a lot on raid running (for the repairs).

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I'm pretty happy with my personal room. Now I just need the book collections for my desk.

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014

I enjoyed crafting in other games, but it was more once I've seen (most of) the other content and wanted to log in to hang out / wait for a raid party. I'm definitely not there yet with FFXIV, so I guess that answers that.

I'm currently level 34 SCH / SMN. I'm super excited to hit 50 and see some of the end-game content. I just don't want to get tunnel vision because there appears to be so much else out there haha.

If you're already in a GC, I'd say go pick a crafter up and do the single daily provision. Takes like two minutes out of your day. Always turn in an HQ item and you'll get double exp. Occasionally you'll see a star by the item. That means a normal quality is double xp, an HQ item is 4x exp. You can gain an entire level with one turn in. Like I said, takes 2 minutes and by the time you hit 50 youi'll probably be in your teens.

Most people would say get every crafter to 15 for cross class abilities...that's quite a bit of work for someone just leveling up. I'd say pick one and do the daily turn in, see if you like crafting. After you hit 50 you can mess around freely as you'll get plenty of cash daily (hunts, roulettes, dailies, etc).

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
    edited July 2014

If you're already in a GC, I'd say go pick a crafter up and do the single daily provision. Takes like two minutes out of your day. Always turn in an HQ item and you'll get double exp. Occasionally you'll see a star by the item. That means a normal quality is double xp, an HQ item is 4x exp. You can gain an entire level with one turn in. Like I said, takes 2 minutes and by the time you hit 50 youi'll probably be in your teens.

Most people would say get every crafter to 15 for cross class abilities...that's quite a bit of work for someone just leveling up. I'd say pick one and do the daily turn in, see if you like crafting. After you hit 50 you can mess around freely as you'll get plenty of cash daily (hunts, roulettes, dailies, etc).

That sounds like a good idea. That's crafter and not a DoL, right? Like, I shouldn't go out of my way to cut trees down and mine stuff? How do I obtain said... daily provision? edit - also, this is something you hand in right at your grand company hall, right? Like the Aftcastle for Maelstrom?

Chubby Bunny on

Hotfix for Frontline queueing issues coming:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/4c21d3bf85cb6f65e6b11298f7826c9b66cff4ab
    On Frontline Matchmaking Improvements
    Currently, we have found that wait times in the Duty Finder matchmaking process for Frontline campaigns are being affected by delays due to players abandoning the queue.

We are therefore planning to implement the following measures in order to address this issue.

[Measure 1]
    In this measure, all players who choose “Commence” will be sent to the Frontline once matchmaking is complete, regardless of whether some have chosen “Abandon” at the last second or selected no option at all. This measure is scheduled to be introduced this week on July 11, 2014.

This may result in some teams starting the duty with an insufficient number of players. If this should happen, we ask that party leaders use the “Add Member” option to fill out their party’s numbers. Additionally, when registering for a Frontline campaign we recommend checking “Join Party in Progress,” which will make the matchmaking process smoother, and ask players to consider choosing this option whenever possible.

[Measure 2]
    To address parties starting the duty with insufficient numbers, we are planning the addition of a feature which automatically adds members if required once duty has commenced. This countermeasure is planned for Frontline campaigns only and is scheduled for implementation sometime next week.

We will provide further details concerning both measures once they have been fully implemented, and ask for your patience until updated information can be provided.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    Also a nice guide for progression beyond lvl 50 in patch 2.3

@Professor Snugglesworth I know you were asking about some of this stuff for your Bard so this might be a useful tool for how to gear up your Bard quickly.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2a8mmn/so_you_just_hit_level_50_in_patch_23/

delphinidaes.png
    Haven't had time to try frontlines yet myself, but that seems like a necessary change. I had all but forgotten about the queue boss until yesterday's ST runs. :s

edited July 2014
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Haven't had time to try frontlines yet myself, but that seems like a necessary change. I had all but forgotten about the queue boss until yesterday's ST runs. :s

I ran a couple matches yesterday and didn't have much issue at all getting in but I have heard it's pretty bad overall queue wise.

Content wise though it seems to be fairly well received. The couple matches I played were an absolute blast and I was happy to see my Summoner was an absolute beast with the damage I could put out and the utility I could bring.

Word on the street is that The Twin Adders are the team to beat, but in my two matches Maelstrom (go team!) soundly trounced both Flames and Adder in the first match and it was a close second (we lost by 25 points!) in the second match to Immortal Flames.

All in all it was a lot of fun, the rewards were appropriate and I can see myself playing it quite a bit.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    That's great news. We're also Maelstrom; Most of the FC was so everyone else swapped so we can join together, but between trying to unlock RahmooooooEx, ST, new dungeons, furniture, hunts, desynth, Hildebrand, and trying to figure out this freaking Explorer's Riddle, so strapped for time.

I actually caught myself complaining that there was too much to work on yesterday. First world FFXIV problems.

@Professor Snugglesworth I know you were asking about some of this stuff for your Bard so this might be a useful tool for how to gear up your Bard quickly.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2a8mmn/so_you_just_hit_level_50_in_patch_23/

Wow that link is really helpful! I should get on to finishing my storyline quests to punch moogles in the face.

Also, GG the Myth gains from everything is insane. I've already bought 4 maps in the last 24 hours just from screwing around with all the new PvE content.

I'm about to 50 :) how would I get in on the hunting stuff? I do I check for linkshells or whatnot? is there like, a general channel or something?

Capture.jpg~original
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular

Thanks!

Looking through that article reminds me of one of my most lingering problems: figuring out what to do with all my extra equipment.

I've got a bunch of lower level armors, weapons, etc that I can't sell, so they've been taking up precious space in my Retainer slots while I continue to wonder the best way to make use of them. Turning them in for seals feels like a waste, so I was wondering if maybe the new Desynthesis option was the way to go.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    So, desynth.

*Don't expect to be desynthing anything and everything initially. All your desynth skills start at a grand total of 1.
    * As was pointed out on the company forum, NPCs are your friends here. To level desynth effectively, you'll want to buy cheap starter gear and desynth it. Once you have a 100% success rate, move to the next tier of item. (As a recommendation, it's best to level in Limsa, since that's where the fishmonger (CUL desynth) lives.)
    * Remember, you only get 300 points total for all your desynth. I'd recommend getting a base level of 10 or so on each class, then pick one or two to level.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    edited July 2014
    So, desynth.

*Don't expect to be desynthing anything and everything initially. All your desynth skills start at a grand total of 1.
    * As was pointed out on the company forum, NPCs are your friends here. To level desynth effectively, you'll want to buy cheap starter gear and desynth it. Once you have a 100% success rate, move to the next tier of item. (As a recommendation, it's best to level in Limsa, since that's where the fishmonger (CUL desynth) lives.)
    * Remember, you only get 300 points total for all your desynth. I'd recommend getting a base level of 10 or so on each class, then pick one or two to level.

Yup Kanai put together an awesome post on the subject on the FC forums:

http://gitl.enjin.com/forum/m/15111289/viewthread/13728234-demimateria-you/post/last#last

I would love to get into desynthing but I feel I need to raise my crafting first >.<

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • krylon666krylon666 Registered User regular
    Hey, is anyone playing on Ultros? A few of my friends started playing this recently and chose that server, so I resubbed to play with them. But if any of you are on Ultros and want to group up or have a FC recommendation, please let me know. I'm currently cruising along with my Marauder. Just hit 20 and finished the first two instances last night. Tonight I look forward to sorting out a Giant situation in the Copperbell Mines.

After hearing a lot of praise for fishing (which makes sense), I decided to level that up a bit. Up to level 11 now, loving my new hat. What should I be doing with my fish? Is it worth taking up alchemy/culinary to utilize fish to make pots/meals? (maybe fish are only used in cooking) I'm very clueless to the world of FFXIV crafting.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    krylon666 wrote: »
    Hey, is anyone playing on Ultros? A few of my friends started playing this recently and chose that server, so I resubbed to play with them. But if any of you are on Ultros and want to group up or have a FC recommendation, please let me know. I'm currently cruising along with my Marauder. Just hit 20 and finished the first two instances last night. Tonight I look forward to sorting out a Giant situation in the Copperbell Mines.

After hearing a lot of praise for fishing (which makes sense), I decided to level that up a bit. Up to level 11 now, loving my new hat. What should I be doing with my fish? Is it worth taking up alchemy/culinary to utilize fish to make pots/meals? (maybe fish are only used in cooking) I'm very clueless to the world of FFXIV crafting.

Well, Hey!

I happen to be on Ultros. 46 BRD right now, although I'm sort of screwing around trying to get all my crafting/gathering classes up to about that level, since story mode progression is locked off for me until I hit 49.

I'm in Terra. They have over 300 members, so there's usually someone around willing to help, and in the month I've been there I haven't noticed any drama in the GC chat. A majority of the people are already in their 50's, that's probably fairly common nowadays, but there's still a decent smattering of lower levels roaming about.

Hit me up if you want, character's name is Maximum Jay. If you wanted to join the GC I could hook you up with an officer when I'm on.

• Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    Our server seems to have adopted the wild wild west method for hunts. So anything that spawns is dead within 20secs(more like 5secs). It's going to be extremely frustrating trying to get any sort of rewards for these things. I hope they consider increasing the HP amount or scaling the boss based on how many players are in the area. Basically anything that lets me be a part of the hunt would be nice.

Tridus1x wrote: »
    Our server seems to have adopted the wild wild west method for hunts. So anything that spawns is dead within 20secs(more like 5secs). It's going to be extremely frustrating trying to get any sort of rewards for these things. I hope they consider increasing the HP amount or scaling the boss based on how many players are in the area. Basically anything that lets me be a part of the hunt would be nice.

Well, we found an S rank worm thing on our server and it took about 40 of us to bring it down. It had an undodgable massive aoe without a blast template that did around 2.3k damage. It fired it off without much warning, and a lot of people just fell over.

Capture.jpg~original
    edited July 2014
    Thanks to some Grade IV Materia I had lying around, I was able to amass 300k in a day rather than spend weeks grinding out the gil.

Check out my sweet new pad.

vJ0WaKY.png

Got room #50 in the FC house. The number wasn't significant to me, but I was happy to get something that ended in an even number.

krXsY6D.png

The wallpaper and flooring cost 80K each. I couldn't help but splurge in this case, and I don't regret it one bit. I'd like to think I'm currently the only FC member with this furnishing. I hope in the future they let you dye the colors: I bet this pattern would look even better in blue.

sBJArQY.png

Add some Flame furnishings with leftover seals and I believe I've made a pretty decent beginner's room. Doesn't seem like the storage box can actually store anything though, despite the misleading description.

Professor Snugglesworth on
    edited July 2014
    So, desynth.

Yup Kanai put together an awesome post on the subject on the FC forums:

http://gitl.enjin.com/forum/m/15111289/viewthread/13728234-demimateria-you/post/last#last

I would love to get into desynthing but I feel I need to raise my crafting first >.<

Desynthing is pretty brutal; I've been told it's similar to XI crafting. (Disclaimer, I never played XI)

After around 30 or so, you're getting fractions of a skillup per item, and you have a crap % chance of success. Like right now I'm in the 60's for GSM, I'm breaking Electrum earrings for Fieldcraft Demimateria (you need 10 for every new ilevel 55 gathering/crafting item), and it's a 85% chance to desynth and it's giving me .03-.04 points. I've gone through at least a half million gil worth of shards so far. (Wind Shards are ~80g on Faerie for comparison, idk what they are on Sarg)

Ishtaar on
  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Thanks to some Grade IV Materia I had lying around, I was able to amass 300k in a day rather than spend weeks grinding out the gil.

Check out my sweet new pad.

vJ0WaKY.png

Got room #50 in the FC house. The number wasn't significant to me, but I was happy to get something that ended in an even number.

krXsY6D.png

The wallpaper and flooring cost 80K each. I couldn't help but splurge in this case, and I don't regret it one bit. I'd like to think I'm currently the only FC member with this furnishing. I hope in the future they let you dye the colors: I bet this pattern would look even better in blue.

sBJArQY.png

Add some Flame furnishings with leftover seals and I believe I've made a pretty decent beginner's room. Doesn't seem like the storage box can actually store anything though, despite the misleading description.

I need to post pictures of my room... Settled on what I'm going to do with it, I just need to implement it (on a budget because I'm a tight wad when it comes to spending despite having over a million gil). My plan is to have the room separated into two sections, the visitor's area and the private room. I've got the room partitioned, need to set up the dining area and the lounge in the front and decorate. In the rear private area I'll have a low wall partition sub dividing the space into the bed area and a micro study. Going to need a fair few wall lights since the partitioning has made the bed area rather dark.
    It's going to be a little bit of a challenge to make the room look lived in but at the same time not cluttered. If only the door wasn't in the middle of the damn wall, then subdividing the private chambers world be a lot cleaner

Feel free to poke around with what I have in there if you want. I've got room number 2

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    I got a new hat.

UhsWmDf.png

And came across the craziest room.

JYbMajw.png

Sorry to ask again, but: Linkshells. How do I check which ones there are or even get into one? I don't understand how they work.

Capture.jpg~original

This link is awesome. I stumbled upon it on reddit and favorited it instantly. I'm only level 35 right now, but I'm gunning for 50. I'm way over level for the content I'm on (just unlocked Manor) so it's just a matter of blasting out quests at this point.

On a related note, if you're not 50 yet and you haven't been doing your daily roulettes, do them. Those + challenge log + hunting log pretty much guarantee that you should be smashing the main story quests.

I need more Myth tombs, been only getting about 200-300 a day doing the Roulette Low Level and Main Scenario. I know I gotta unlock the High Level Roulette but I have to do the hard mode dungeons first.