As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

They call themselves the [Superhero Movie Thread]

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Anyone have that handy cosmic marvel reading image around

@Bluedude152‌

here ya go: http://i.imgur.com/N7OXfyI.jpg

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    After ive read morrisons x men run I might read daredevil. Maybe ultimate Spidey.

They're both good choices but like Blank said, Daredevil is shorter. And as someone whose only other experience with Daredevil was the Ben Affleck movie, Waid has, in six issues, catapulted Daredevil into my list of favourite super heroes.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the line about Batroc in that trailer.
    "He's known for massive casualties."

That doesn't quite sound right, does it?
    He does seem shy of wanting to kill hostages in the preview we were given. But, we'll see. It does deflate his character a fair bit, even if the line is just based on a rumour or reputation rather than fact.

Maybe he has a reputation for sweeping the leg.

NO MERCI, SENSEI

Wouldn't it be "non merci?" Oh French and its silent letters.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

Bluedude152‌

What a complete cluster fuck

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Really need to read Black Science

looks very good, and I do love Remender's work almost unconditionally

Deadly Class is better, but I like Black Science a ton too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Oh wow. This update for the iOS Marvel Unlimited reader made everything way better.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Yeah, glad they made it a native app. When viewing a comic it would sometimes just not load a page...or two, and nothing short of killing the app, re-launching might get it to work correctly. Now it looks like it's downloading them locally.

• Options

Bluedude152‌

What a complete cluster fuck

haha, yeah

whoever was editing that whole era was not on top of things

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    With the exception of War of Kings and the pre-Annihilators stuff (which is just a handful of semi related comics the image creator tossed on there) it's pretty straight forward.

War of Kings is a clusterfuck though.

Edit: I mean, Silver Surfer: Requiem is a alternate universe story. It's a really good story, but beyond that, it doesn't really have a place in that list. I don't know why the dude included it,

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    My usual suggestion for someone totally new to this is to read Annihilation (skipping the Super Skrull mini and the Drax mini), then read the first three issues of Nova's series as a bridge, before reading Annihilation: Conquest (skipping the Wraith mini). After that, they can just launch right into GotG.

This is the approach I'm taking with a co-worker, and so far he's really into it, despite not knowing anything about Marvel Cosmic at all.

• Options
    Why would you skip the Drax mini?

• Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014

I debated that a lot, but my feeling was that for a new reader it made sense to get to the main event, instead of giving them ten issues to wade through before the Annihilation wave even starts. Things really kick off in that prologue issue with Nova, while the six issue Thanos mini provides some much needed context for what comes later. The Drax mini is good, but it's not essential. In terms of narrative importance it mainly just serves to explain Drax's rebirth, and where Cammi came from, but for a reader who knows nothing about old Drax anyway, that's moot.

Fakefaux on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    1379540_530531963734703_1597459437_n.jpg
    Supposedly leaked image of BvS's Batsuit

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    The shorter ears are a little weird, but otherwise that looks unoffensive.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    If real, I think I like the mask better than the second suit from TDK and TDKR.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I prefer shorter ears on Batman so I dig it.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    are his eyes actually going to be white

because I would like that

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    29EYTG6.jpg
    page 1 of Windblade #1 written by Mairghread Scott and painted by Sarah Stone
    coming this April, good preorders and sales will turn it from a miniseries into an ongoing
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/comics-16/idw-transformers-dawn-of-the-autobots-comics-pre-order-information-179150/
    preorder codes for MTMTE, RID, and Windblade here

• Options

because it fucking sucks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »

because it fucking sucks

That's a little harsh. It's nowhere near as bad as the Super Skrull mini or the Wraith mini.

God damn Wraith sucked.

• Options
    It's ridiculously boring and basically pointless to Annihilation as a whole anyway. It's like a 12 page backup stretched out to 4 issues starring 2 terrible characters.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eh, I thought it was alright

• Options
    starring 2 terrible characters.

Okay, now we're going to have to fight.

• Options
    Drax is so boring

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Drax is so boring

Drax is deadpan, but he's got plenty of good moments. I'll give you Cammi, though.

• Options
    Cammi is worse than boring, she's grating.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Beat by Antimatter.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Cammi is worse than boring, she's grating.

Could be worse. She could be Skreet.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So guys, whats all this sound and immersive AR stuff that Marvel seems to be pushing

• Options
    Fun fact, Waid's Daredevil #1 is not available digitally at this time, to read or buy.

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Fun fact, Waid's Daredevil #1 is not available digitally at this time, to read or buy.

are you sure you're not looking at the forthcoming new #1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/41153/daredevil_2011_1

?

• Options

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/41153/daredevil_2011_1

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Got ghosted son

• Options
    So weird, I go to http://marvel.com/comics/issue/36508/daredevil_2011_1 which is on the list of Waids run, its slightly different.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm liking Whedon's X-Men generally but that Danger storyline was kiiiiiinda shaky

• Options
    the Danger arc is the weakest single storyline, but it comes back around in a nice way towards the end of the run.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Holy shit

The updated smart panel view on Marvel Unlimited for iOS basically makes it functionally equivalent to Comixology's GuidedView

This makes me...so happy

• Options
    too bad the desktop and android versions seem to still be the same

This discussion has been closed.